Photo

Notes, Oddities and Possible Bugs in My BWP Game (Spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
1094 replies to this topic

#1021 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 07:28 AM

Mcbaldur. Could we have some screenshots of your final party? Their stats, items, etc. I am immensely curious!

#1022 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 718 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 03:48 AM

Even the best things eventually come to an end. Thank you Micbaldur for your invaluable contributions and relentless bug hunting in the best game ever ( for me, at least  :P ). Sad to see you going, things are starting to feel kinda lonely for us remaining BGT die hard fans...  :(

#1023 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 04:47 AM

Re: Gloran Move
I did a grep for "1178,1386" and it gave me hits for Gloran, Kim, Raziel & Minsc (in Back to Brynnlaw)

If you have them installed, could you do a quick check to confirm they all stand at the same spot please? :P If yes, your input on new spots for everyone would be great :)

Ups never noticed that before. :lol:

And yes Gloran, Razier and Minsc are at same spot. I can't get Kim to leave so that she ends up at Copper Coronet, don't know does romancing affecting her. But she needs new place too. :D

Maybe these works:

Gloran: EscapeAreaMove("AR0406",1211,1420,0)
Raziel: EscapeAreaMove("AR0406",1107,1362,0)
Kim: EscapeAreaMove("AR0406",1349,1494,0)

Thanks again for your hard work. :coolthumb:

Better late than never - BWFixpack'd patches to reposition Gloran, Raziel and Kim.  I haven't checked these positions in-game, just used your suggestions.  We can easily adjust in the future.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#1024 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 06:23 AM

Spoiler

Thanks micbaldur!  FFT v3.1.3 at https://github.com/B...rouble/releases includes these fixes, except I fixed the Levon/Akil issue in YSLEVON instead of YSAKIL.  Nightfarer also included these fixes in the BWFixpack, but targeted to the old versions of FFT (my branch uses mod folder fishingfortrouble; BWFixpack targets the old mod folder dq), so no conflict there.

Edited by agb1, 06 November 2016 - 06:49 AM.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#1025 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 06:25 AM

Hi agb1, sorry, but are you updating/working on a new FFT release? :blink:

EDIT: however, letting you know, I also created the fixes for Avi Maya and Rukrakia (including worldmap patching) but am not going to upload them for now because they break Textpack ENGLISH 15.7.

I will wait the release of BWP v16 with updated Textpack too before uploading them

Edited by Nightfarer, 06 November 2016 - 06:32 AM.

#1026 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 06:46 AM

Yes Nightfarer.  Yovaneth gave permission to continue FFT and add EE(T) support.  I don't have any ambitions to expand FFT, just maintaining it for now.  The new releases should work fine on the original game types too.

#1027 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 06:48 AM

Hi agb1.

Ah ok thanks for the reply. I was just asking because did not notice it :D Too much busy with english translations :whistling:

#1028 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 01:00 PM

Mcbaldur. Could we have some screenshots of your final party? Their stats, items, etc. I am immensely curious!

Well, i don't know how to attach pictures and don't care to learn. :P

Besides there isn't much to see. Just CHARNAME max out exp, stats and everything else you can get from various items, able to alone deal with everything that game can throw agaist, practically like M1 Abrams battletank. Then there is 5 sidekicks (Imoen, Fade, Tyris, Rukrakia and Avi Maya this time) aka 4 girlfriends (2 pregnant) and 2 child already in backpack (mothers Aerie and Skie kicked out) and Imoen (no ToB romance yet in this BWP but next BWP has), Afaaq and Packmule, none of those (low stats and exp) are useful in final battles (just get in the way and dying).

Even the best things eventually come to an end. Thank you Micbaldur for your invaluable contributions and relentless bug hunting in the best game ever ( for me, at least  :P ). Sad to see you going, things are starting to feel kinda lonely for us remaining BGT die hard fans...  :(

I have to agree with you, BG1+TotSC and BG2+ToB aka BWP is best game ever  :woot: and past 10 years i haven't played practically anything else maybe little modded Icewind Dale I/II, modded Diablo II, modded KotOR 1/2 or modded Freelancer (Crossfire mod) between BWP installs.

Sad thing is, what time couldn't do EE  :new_bottom:  did aka killed BG modding.  :(  So no point for me hang around here anymore.

Planning and repairing my next BWP with couple added mods and updated mods NEJ, TS and so on. Then palying BWP continues. :ROFL:

Edited by micbaldur, 06 November 2016 - 01:51 PM.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#1029 Cahir

Cahir
  • Modder
  • 133 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 01:10 PM

Care to elaborate how exactly EE "killed" modding? I say modding these days is just fine. There are bunch of new modders out there with heads full of ideas how to use new opcodes and unhardcoded stuff provided by EE.

Granted, major Megamods may not be converted to play along with EE's at all, but majority of the most popular mods already are.

#1030 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 718 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 01:16 PM

Then there is 5 sidekicks (Imoen, Fade, Tyris, Rukrakia and Avi Maya this time) aka 4 girlfriends (2 pregnant) and 2 child already in backpack (mothers Aerie and Skie kicked out) and Imoen (no ToB romance yet in this BWP but next BWP has), Afaaq and Packmule, none of those (low stats and exp) are useful in final battles (just get in the way and dying).

It sounds you had ton of fun in this playthrough.  :ROFL: I wonder how good Rukrakia mod is as this is one of rare mods that didn't made it in my BWP:crying: Anyway I hope that your next campaign will be even more epic and interesting. Cheers mate.  :cheers:

#1031 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 01:16 PM

Well, i don't know how to attach pictures and don't care to learn.
Now, you'll have to !
Upload a picture to anywhere... google will help with "picture upload" search without the quotes, then just get a direct link to the picture from that, usually right click will help at that, and then just copy paste the address to here:
 [img=http-address] 

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#1032 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 01:58 PM

Care to elaborate how exactly EE "killed" modding? I say modding these days is just fine. There are bunch of new modders out there with heads full of ideas how to use new opcodes and unhardcoded stuff provided by EE.

Granted, major Megamods may not be converted to play along with EE's at all, but majority of the most popular mods already are.

You are talking about EE modding not BG modding.

I don't comment this issue any further.

Then there is 5 sidekicks (Imoen, Fade, Tyris, Rukrakia and Avi Maya this time) aka 4 girlfriends (2 pregnant) and 2 child already in backpack (mothers Aerie and Skie kicked out) and Imoen (no ToB romance yet in this BWP but next BWP has), Afaaq and Packmule, none of those (low stats and exp) are useful in final battles (just get in the way and dying).

It sounds you had ton of fun in this playthrough.  :ROFL: I wonder how good Rukrakia mod is as this is one of rare mods that didn't made it in my BWP:crying: Anyway I hope that your next campaign will be even more epic and interesting. Cheers mate.  :cheers:

Yes, i had, thanks  :D  and i'm going to have lot of fun with my next BWP:lol: 

Well, i liked Rukrakia a lot  :naughty: but then again i like almost all female NPCs a lot, sad that there's only 5 slot in use, i could use lot more. :lol:

Well, i don't know how to attach pictures and don't care to learn.
Now, you'll have to !
Upload a picture to anywhere... google will help with "picture upload" search without the quotes, then just get a direct link to the picture from that, usually right click will help at that, and then just copy paste the address to here:
 [img=http-address] 

No, i don't.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#1033 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 718 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 03:08 PM

Yes, i had, thanks   :D  and i'm going to have lot of fun with my next BWP.   :lol: Well, i liked Rukrakia a lot   :naughty: but then again i like almost all female NPCs a lot, sad that there's only 5 slot in use, i could use lot more.  :lol:

Well, there is one mod out there which kinda offer workaround ( and lot more ) around this problem and it's called Rjali NPC. Unfortunately it is EE exclusive so it seems we are out of luck...  :crying:  :lol:

Edited by Greenhorn, 06 November 2016 - 03:14 PM.

#1034 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 10:01 AM

Months ago I proposed the idea of a mod that would allow NPCs to be given a basic "follow CHARNAME" script even when not in the party.  Add some code to patch all of the InParty() checks in all dialogues that check for this NPC to become an Or(2) with a condition that recognizes the NPC as a "follower," and it might be possible to have the experience of a larger group within the limitation of the current game engine (still only 4 NPCs in your party at a time).  You would only have limited control over these extra NPCs (maybe as much as a familiar, maybe even less - no inventory or character record screen access, for example).  In other words, think of it as converting normal party NPCs into something like Afaaq.

Edited by agb1, 07 November 2016 - 10:02 AM.

#1035 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 10:59 AM

No, i don't.
Actually, if you read what I wrote, you already do, so ha, got you. :devil:
Just like memory, just cause you don't remember that you did a thing, doesn't remove the fact that you did. And you have to live with that. Or of course you could as well be dead, as the one that didn't, is already that.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#1036 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 718 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 11:11 AM

Months ago I proposed the idea of a mod that would allow NPCs to be given a basic "follow CHARNAME" script even when not in the party.  Add some code to patch all of the InParty() checks in all dialogues that check for this NPC to become an Or(2) with a condition that recognizes the NPC as a "follower," and it might be possible to have the experience of a larger group within the limitation of the current game engine (still only 4 NPCs in your party at a time).  You would only have limited control over these extra NPCs (maybe as much as a familiar, maybe even less - no inventory or character record screen access, for example).  In other words, think of it as converting normal party NPCs into something like Afaaq.

That is really interesting idea and real novelty. There were similar attempts, like this for example:

Spoiler
But it looks easier said than done. There could be problems with followers ( if they are allowed to actually follow and fight in some limited way  :D ) with dying and inability to resurrect them afterwards. But I'm sure there are numerous workarounds around that problem and resident modding wizards should be able to solve this without too much fuss.  ;) In any case, very cool idea and I can't wait to see it implemented one day... 

#1037 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 12:22 PM

There could be problems with followers with dying and inability to resurrect them afterwards.
Just give them the min1hp ring and that's solved, for ever. Think of them as trolls.

#1038 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 718 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 01:07 PM

There could be problems with followers with dying and inability to resurrect them afterwards.
Just give them the min1hp ring and that's solved, for ever. Think of them as trolls.

Hey, to think of Jaheira or Viconia as trolls?!  :lol: You are killing the mood man.  :ROFL: But yes, on the more serious note, I guess this is one of the ways to solve this...  :)

#1039 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 01:53 PM

Hey, to think of Jaheira or Viconia as trolls?!  :lol: You are killing the mood man.  :ROFL: But yes, on the more serious note, I guess this is one of the ways to solve this...  :)

It has all been done before, e.g. when they go below HP5 they become unconcious for the rest of the battle and you can heal them afterwards etc, just like Afaaq returns into his bottle - look at how *game over only on party death* does it. Or the EET story mode, which does just this (currently only for joined NPCs but can be modded to extend for companions).

If you want to do it, you can.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#1040 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 718 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 03:17 PM

It has all been done before, e.g. when they go below HP5 they become unconcious for the rest of the battle and you can heal them afterwards etc, just like Afaaq returns into his bottle - look at how *game over only on party death* does it. Or the EET story mode, which does just this (currently only for joined NPCs but can be modded to extend for companions).

If you want to do it, you can.

Great, I guess that in today's age of modding miracles everything is possible. But this : 

Add some code to patch all of the InParty() checks in all dialogues that check for this NPC to become an Or(2) with a condition that recognizes the NPC as a "follower,

seems like coding nightmare.  :blink: I really hope I'm in wrong here, extending party limit and dialogues that go with it seems like unprecedented amount of fun ...