Photo

Bug Report Thread

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#61 hook71

hook71
  • 280 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:43 PM

Thanks Nilfalasiel! I have edited my post above.

#62 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:32 AM

Hey! Here're a few small things for v2:

- backup directory is not empty

IF ~Global("LS_RE_Noober","GLOBAL",1) Global("RE_NooberFlirt","GLOBAL",1)~ LS_renoober
SAY ~I...~
= ~That... was...~
= ~For once, I have no words to do this moment justice.~
IF ~~ DO ~SetGlobal("LS_RE_Anishai","GLOBAL",2)~ EXIT
END

- copy-pasting, the last variable needs to be changed to LS_RE_Noober, naturally.

Naturally, it goes without saying how I appreciate your writing and how Edwin-Haer'Dalis talk got me straight under the table, laughing.

#63 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

Mother of God, I swear I've fixed that Noober problem three times! Stupid, evil thing. Thanks for the report. :D

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#64 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:47 AM

Hi,

First, I really love this mod, it seems to keep HD in his character really well  (Thank you Aeryn for fixing one of greatest mistakes - making Haer'Dalis unromanceable - of BG2 team :) ).

I seem to have problem with the last lovetalk (the one in hell) not starting. After I put all tears in, there is a long moment when nothing happens (I guess this is where dialogue should kick in) and then Irenicus appears and fight follows.

All the lovetalks are done, but I noticed that romance value  was set to 3 (which is strange, since at the beginning of Suldanesselar it was set to 1), I reset it by console to 1, but it didn't help.  Is there a way to force the dialogue via console or something? Would appreciate any help :)

#65 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

If you'd please post your WeiDU, that'd be a good place for us to start. :) Did you play the whole way through with the most recent version of the mod installed? In the older version, the last talk appears after tear #5, but in the newest version, it's supposed to appear after tear #4 (to correct a conflict with another mod), so I'm wondering if maybe something just isn't matching up. I'd need to ask K'ae about a way to trigger that through the console, because I haven't the foggiest what you'd need to set - scary script on that one. >_<

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#66 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:40 AM

Here it goes.

Spoiler

And yes, i did change versions, I had to reinstall the game and I switched to v2, so maybe something got messed up.

Thanks for response :)

#67 E'lara

E'lara
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:40 PM

Hello!

SO I am having a problem with this download. I Keep getting a file that does not contain the set up stuff to import it into my game. Is there any way I can get the files that do work? Or possibly I am downloading it wrong  however it is the only MOD I have been having problems with and I am very anxious to try this romance!

Any assistance is appreciated!

#68 -Elin-

-Elin-

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

Hiya!   I posted on the previous page about my problem with Sarevok spamming my PC with dialogue. Although I went through with a reinstall and a new character (way from BG1). That didn't do anything, but I seem to have 'solved' it.   

When the spamming started, I force-talked to Sarevok, and immediately got the 'You're a fool for getting involved with the bard' dialogue. The spamming then stopped, completely. I'm no expert but it seems like instead of getting the right dialogue to fire, I got Sarevok's flirt menu. 

I did note that further into TOB a lot of Haer'Dalis - NPC banters were repeated. I had Jaheira, Imoen, Korgan along and the banters he has with them repeated about a dozen times before Amkerthan :| Not a big deal, but perhaps worth mentioning. 

I did have one SERIOUS (hurr hurr) question though, perhaps it's a bit spoilerish so I putting it in tags. 

Spoiler

#69 -Jen-

-Jen-

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

Hi,

First, I really love this mod, it seems to keep HD in his character really well  (Thank you Aeryn for fixing one of greatest mistakes - making Haer'Dalis unromanceable - of BG2 team :) ).

I seem to have problem with the last lovetalk (the one in hell) not starting. After I put all tears in, there is a long moment when nothing happens (I guess this is where dialogue should kick in) and then Irenicus appears and fight follows.

All the lovetalks are done, but I noticed that romance value  was set to 3 (which is strange, since at the beginning of Suldanesselar it was set to 1), I reset it by console to 1, but it didn't help.  Is there a way to force the dialogue via console or something? Would appreciate any help:

Hey all.

I am also having an issue with the last LT not occurring in Hell. The romance active value is set to 1, I've tried all the tears, and resting/waiting out the timer.  No talk :( The TOB continuation seems to be fine, and I haven't experienced any other glitches, unsure what I can do to fix this. I'm using version 2 of the mod.

I have shadowkeeper, is there an input I can use to force trigger this talk? or something? I really want to hear it!!!! Other than this one hitch the mod is hands down one of my faves

#70 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:19 PM

Did you use a save with a previous version? What mods do you have installed?

You can force the talk with:

SetGlobal("LS_Haer_Hell","GLOBAL",1)

#71 -Jen-

-Jen-

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:32 AM

Oh damn, yeah I started my HD-centric playthrough with the first version and finished TOB with it when I realized I missed out on the hell chat. Then I installed the second version and it didn't work either...  I didn't think to start the playthrough from scratch...

But I forced the talk so its all good now :)

Thanks a million!!!

#72 Piperb

Piperb
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:19 AM

A minor thing, the talk with HD right after arriving in Brynnlaw appeared before the party left the boat and encountered Saemon Havarean.  I am guessing the talk was supposed to be about Saemon's betrayal and it just appeared a bit too soon.

Also, thank you for this mod!  HD has become one of my favorite NPCs with this mod installed!

#73 -Minchan-

-Minchan-

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:03 AM

Erm, so. . . I have a pretty serious problem with the Haer'Dalis romance (and with the Sarevok romance, too, but that one's not as bad!)

Haer'Dalis's romance was the first mod I installed, as well as the Edwin romance (ahahaha), and I've struggled to get it to work to no avail -- but whenever the lovetalks start, I just get garbled strings from other parts of the game, including other mods (it's really annoying, cause some of them are voiced, too! By, like, Cespenar. Ehehe. . .) I also couldn't get anything PID related, for the same reason. I'd initiate a dialogue with Haer'Dalis, and he'd respond with other people's lines, etc. Wanting to have him in my party, I forced his romance variable to 3, and set his romance with Aerie to 1, but that just resulted in a constant attempt to start a dialogue with Charname. I finally uninstalled the mod, planning to get back and figure it out later . . . but then I downloaded the Sarevok romance, and while with Sarevok, I could get the PID related talks, when he initiated a lovetalk with Charname, it ended up being the same thing as with Haer'Dalis -- then he and Haer'Dalis had some sort of exchange that was also gibberish, and Haer'Dalis tried to say something to the PC that was also impossible to make out.

I really want to play this mod, because Sarevok's romance is super, super well written (from what I've seen!) and Haer'Dalis has always been my favorite. Um, right now I can't access my saves (I don't even know where ShadowKeeper is pulling them from! @-@) but if there's anything you can recommend to help, I'd appreciate it . . . .

#74 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:43 AM

It's not the mod, it's your dialog.tlk. That is, your game. You have to uninstall everything, install a game anew, and install mods again very carefully, one by one(two installers cannot run at the same time).

Also, consider making a clean backup:

http://forums.pocket...ic,17555.0.html

#75 -Minchan-

-Minchan-

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:25 PM

Ah . . . that was the first thing I tried. I will try again though -- and thank you for the link, in any case u-u

#76 -Minchan-

-Minchan-

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:46 PM

It does work now though! Maybe I was less effective at reinstalling the first time then I thought I was, eheh. Thank you for the help!

#77 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:47 PM

Note for next version: Add !Global("LS_HaerDalisRomanceActive","GLOBAL",3) to scripted LTs, etc. 

#78 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:11 PM

But... why? Surely the script for these lovetalks already has HaerDalisRomanceActive = 1(or 2)?

#79 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:27 PM

It looks like the primary one doesn't, for whatever reason. No idea why, I must have missed it somehow. I got a report of stuttering over email and looked into it. Ah well. Will be fixed net version.

#80 -Mrgn-

-Mrgn-

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:48 AM

Hi, sorry to be a bother, but I am super super new to gaming/mods and I don't even know where to start! I downloaded WinZip, but I have no idea where to extract the files to. I tried putting them in the C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA file, but it keeps telling me that there is an error and to install it in my infinity engine game directory, but I have no idea what that is. It keeps saying "error: not a game directory" What do I do??