Forum upgrade complete!

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#121 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:47 AM

Sounds like the new IPB sucks and should be a beta. Isn't it worth rolling back?

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#122 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:24 AM

Even if it were possible, it'd wouldn't be worth it, no. Whatever problems we're having, they're nothing compared to what we *were* having. The major problems now (such as the DM) are not IPB's fault, they're issues with moving everything to the new server.

Deleting previous versions was my decision. It was either that, or we would be without a download manager entirely. We have backups of all downloads, of course. If any specific files are requested I can locate them, but they will not be going up en masse.

Working to get subdomains up and running over the next week; if anybody has any files that need to be uploaded/updated soon, send them to me, I can update the DM manually.

#123 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:21 AM

Random interjection: would it be possible to append the "code" tags so that one could "select and copy" all code with a link or a button or something once posted, rather than having to do it by manual hilighting? No probs if not, I'm just lazy ;-)

#124 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:42 PM

Why can't I right-click embedded images?

#125 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:53 PM

Enkida: I'm afraid not.

Almataria: Because you have to actually open the image first; click on it. A lightbox will come up, with an image you can right-click.

#126 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:54 AM

1) As already reported, PM topics open on the first page, and there isn't even the go-to-the-last-page button.

This is beginning to be a little more than just a minor annoyance, so reiterating it. :-)

#127 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:08 AM

Nothing we can do about it right now, I'm afraid. Frustrates the hell out of me, too.

#128 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:57 PM

I don't have any post editing buttons in Windows Opera, not even in "more post options." Thus I can't post hyperlinks, images, etc. without typing all the code. Also, all my edits are formatted in HTML even though I have HTML off (seems rather unnecessary to use markup language for plain text). Turning it on doesn't make a difference either. And I still can't attach anything, unless I switch to Windows IE which is a real hassle. I can "Choose..." and it puts the link there, but it never uploads the attachment.

Doesn't IP.Board release patches or the like? Surely they fix things, since they're already into a new release last I saw on their board.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#129 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:45 PM

One problem with the forums is that every zip file I upload gets corrupted and unopenable, even with 7-zip, unless the zip file is opened on my Windows XP computer with 7-zip 9.20. I don't know what is really causing that, but it's really a big problem for me when I upload files.
At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#130 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:03 PM

I don't have any post editing buttons in Windows Opera, not even in "more post options." Thus I can't post hyperlinks, images, etc. without typing all the code. Also, all my edits are formatted in HTML even though I have HTML off (seems rather unnecessary to use markup language for plain text). Turning it on doesn't make a difference either. And I still can't attach anything, unless I switch to Windows IE which is a real hassle. I can "Choose..." and it puts the link there, but it never uploads the attachment.

Doesn't IP.Board release patches or the like? Surely they fix things, since they're already into a new release last I saw on their board.

With Mozilla (SeaMonkey, which has a code very similar to Firefox) I don't have problems, unless I use UA strings from different browsers (which I sometimes need for other sites), in which case I have exactly the same problems you describe. Are you sure you are using the correct UA (and not, eg, imitating the IE UA)? Could you try using a Firefox UA?

@William: it's an extra newline character before the file; of course, that does not corrupt texts, but it will create problems to archives and images

Edited by Turambar, 25 February 2012 - 02:04 PM.

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#131 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:21 PM

By UA do you mean browser identification or UI? If the former, that would've been a good point because I do change that at times when I need to. But I checked and it says Identify as Opera. What's odd, is that the UI with the buttons works on Opera Linux (where I'm posting now) but not on Opera Windows, with exactly the same browser settings (unless there's something even more obscure I've overlooked). As soon as I click on the "Reply to this topic" box in Linux, I get the UI with the buttons (fonts, hyperlinks, etc.), whereas in Windows I just get a blank box.

If you ask me, these software engineers should spend less time on bells and whistles and more time on getting things to work properly across different OSes and browsers without any particularly special settings (I guess cookies can be tolerated for login purposes but that's about it).

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#132 Kwiat_W

Kwiat_W
  • Modder
  • 290 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:28 PM

I don't have any post editing buttons in Windows Opera, not even in "more post options." Thus I can't post hyperlinks, images, etc. without typing all the code. Also, all my edits are formatted in HTML even though I have HTML off (seems rather unnecessary to use markup language for plain text). Turning it on doesn't make a difference either. And I still can't attach anything, unless I switch to Windows IE which is a real hassle. I can "Choose..." and it puts the link there, but it never uploads the attachment.Doesn't IP.Board release patches or the like? Surely they fix things, since they're already into a new release last I saw on their board.

I'm using Opera and I don't have any of those problems.
About the "editing buttons" are you sure your toolbar isn't simply collapsed? (there is a collapse/expand toolbar button in the right top corner of the text edit field)

icon11.gif W_GUI - a GUI replacement for Baldur's Gate 2/TUTU/BGT/CA
icon11.gif W_PackMule - Your own pack mule for Baldur's Gate 2/Tutu/BGT/CA, BGEE and BG2:EE

icon11.gif Psionics Unleashed - play as a Psion, mod for Baldur's Gate 2/Tutu/BGT/CA

#133 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:42 PM

Hmm, well I checked all the settings across both Linux and Windows - for some reason "use proxy" was set on the latter. Without that, the buttons are enabled. However, I still can't attach files through Opera, can you? I still get a "No file was selected for upload" on either Windows or Linux after I select the file. Maybe it needs something I don't have (like Flash, which I think is crapware/adware) but I am using the basic uploader, so it really shouldn't need anything fancy. Everything else should be enabled (javascript etc.). FWIW, other users have reported the same thing on G3 which uses the same forum software.

#134 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:15 PM

It needs flash, yeah. In your settings, IIRC, you can switch to the non-flash uploader.

#135 Kwiat_W

Kwiat_W
  • Modder
  • 290 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:23 PM

I can attach files successfully using both, basic and advanced, uploaders. I have uninstalled flash and the advanced uploader still worked fine. I've checked other sites that require flash and I was asked to install flash plugin, so it seams that flash really was uninstalled. Weird. :ermm:

I just checked g3 and everything works there too.

icon11.gif W_PackMule - Your own pack mule for Baldur's Gate 2/Tutu/BGT/CA, BGEE and BG2:EE

icon11.gif Psionics Unleashed - play as a Psion, mod for Baldur's Gate 2/Tutu/BGT/CA

#136 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:13 PM

Hmm, you sure you actually uninstaled the Flash plug-in to your browser, or just Flash itself? Because they're usually two different packages. I guess it could explain why I can use it on IE (because I have to use it as well as having Flash on it for stupid reasons) but I am loath to install it on Opera or any other browser I use frequently. Honestly, there's no reason why it should be required for a simple attachment. Someone should ask some pointed questions of Invision if they deemed it so.

#137 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:29 PM

Did you see my post? :-)

#138 Kwiat_W

Kwiat_W
  • Modder
  • 290 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:04 PM

Hmm, you sure you actually uninstaled the Flash plug-in to your browser, or just Flash itself? Because they're usually two different packages. I guess it could explain why I can use it on IE (because I have to use it as well as having Flash on it for stupid reasons) but I am loath to install it on Opera or any other browser I use frequently. Honestly, there's no reason why it should be required for a simple attachment. Someone should ask some pointed questions of Invision if they deemed it so.

I'm sure I've uninstalled it correctly. There's an easy way to check what plugins are currently installed on opera by typing "opera:plugins" in the address bar, that's also the place where installed plugins can be disabled/enabled. Whether the flash is uninstalled or just disabled I can still use advanced uploader. It seams that the advanced uploader doesn't require flash. It works even after I've disabled all plugins in opera (java, sirvelight and others).

#139 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:39 AM

I could usually use the forum without problems even with Gnash or Lightspark, which are open source alternatives to flash...

Turambar

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!

vipersig.jpg

#140 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:26 AM

It needs flash, yeah. In your settings, IIRC, you can switch to the non-flash uploader.

I've had a lok, but I can't find that option any more.
Besides, I don't know if it was already like that; I've managed to enter the file uploader inside the download manager, but I still don't see a button to select files to upload, there.

Turambar

vipersig.jpg