#761 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

The manuals are available.

Where?

And two questions:
1. http://baldursgate.c...22/Screen08.png
What's with the abysmal word wrap in the top right? It's the same in the trailer video:
Splint Mail +1 Armour
Class: 3

2. http://baldursgate.c...22/Screen09.png
What the heck is "RANCOR"??

Edited by Dakk, 22 November 2012 - 05:04 PM.

#762 SapphireIce101

SapphireIce101
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

According to this thread, http://forum.baldurs...new-screenshots

Rancor is the name of Dorn's Weapon.

#763 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:58 PM

http://www.beamdog.c...e/BGManual1.pdf
http://www.beamdog.c...e/BGManual2.pdf

#764 phordicus

phordicus
  • 212 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

Why the fug is the manual split into two?
Druid Kit Enhancements 1.0 (requires Dispel Magic fix, whether ToBEx's or Taimon's)

#765 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:20 PM

phordicus — the manual consists of three parts, as detailed here (scroll down the page to get to the "Content Enhancements" section).

#766 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

Even then, this project is leeching off of the hard work modders have done throughout more than 10 years.

Even so, I can't see anybody concerned to be bothered by the fact.

They could have taken this chance to actually make some changes - for better or for worse, do something with the game. Update the rules to Pathfinder, anything. Instead, they made less effective version of GemRB's project goal, stuck a quest and 3 NPCs to it, and made sure we couldn't use our mods.

And make it truly incompatible with the existing mods then? That's hardly a noble idea to handle the community's legacy.

Retired from modding.

#767 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

Even then, this project is leeching off of the hard work modders have done throughout more than 10 years.

A fact that coincidentally happens to be false, btw.

#768 phordicus

phordicus
  • 212 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:40 PM

phordicus — the manual consists of three parts, as detailed here (scroll down the page to get to the "Content Enhancements" section).

That doesn't answer "why". This method of response is annoying. If you don't know, say "I don't know" or nothing at all. Thanks.

Edited by phordicus, 23 November 2012 - 10:40 PM.

Druid Kit Enhancements 1.0 (requires Dispel Magic fix, whether ToBEx's or Taimon's)

#769 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

It was made into three parts because otherwise it would be obscenely long. Some civility would be appreciated. :)

#770 Zireael

Zireael
  • 191 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:21 AM

I grabbed the two parts of the manual. Where's part 3 and what is in it? So far, I see pt. 1 and 2 covered what was in the original manuals. I liked pt. 2 of the manual, it covered the rules much better than the original.

#771 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:52 AM

A fact that coincidentally happens to be false, btw.

If you mean Vlad, then I think he doesn't count - BGEE has got nothing to do with his mods. I'm just amused that there are lots of talks like this going around, while the supposed victims - 1PP, BG2Fixpack, etc. - seem strangely too happy with the fact.

Retired from modding.

#772 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:29 AM

I'm just amused that there are lots of talks like this going around, while the supposed victims - 1PP, BG2Fixpack, etc. - seem strangely too happy with the fact.

To say nothing of all those other modders who have also freely contributed additional fixes and graphics. Are they victims of a money-grabbing scam too?

-Y-

Edited by Yovaneth, 24 November 2012 - 05:30 AM.

#773 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:51 AM

Personally I don't see the "scam" or whatnot either, but I'm still annoyed by the BLUE gui. Why so blue? Grr. I'll wait for a reskin mod before I'll consider putting money down.

#774 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:21 AM

while the supposed victims - 1PP, BG2Fixpack, etc. - seem strangely too happy with the fact.

There's probably a psychological term for that but it's the same thing as the free labor concerning the Polish translation. Basically, BG fans are the worst people who hate money and will blindly do work for free for their beloved game v :) v

#775 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:02 AM

while the supposed victims - 1PP, BG2Fixpack, etc. - seem strangely too happy with the fact.

There's probably a psychological term for that but it's the same thing as the free labor concerning the Polish translation. Basically, BG fans are the worst people who hate money and will blindly do work for free for their beloved game v :) v

They've been working for free for over a decade. No difference - except that their work is officially canon now, as opposed to being fan-made content (in the bad meaning of the term).

Retired from modding.

#776 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:08 AM

Yeah, that was some bad wording on my part. For over a decade, it was work for free. Now it's the same, except someone else profits from it. (TOster)

#777 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:19 AM

Yeah, that was some bad wording on my part. For over a decade, it was work for free. Now it's the same, except someone else profits from it. (TOster)

You leave behind the little fact that all alleged victims partook the effort to make BG:EE freely, knowingly, and willingly—which in turn makes them bad persons according to your reasoning. Are you having fun playing their mods while calling them bad persons?

Edited by Andrea C., 24 November 2012 - 11:20 AM.

#778 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:27 AM

You leave behind the little fact that all alleged victims partook the effort to make BG:EE freely, knowingly, and willingly—which in turn makes them bad persons according to your reasoning. Are you having fun playing their mods while calling them bad persons?

Not my site or my place but honestly, Andrea C., you really think anything productive is going to come from that statement? Or are we simply going down another road of shit-slinging that everyone is going to lose once a mod locks this thread?

Since most of us seem to agree that the new UI is kinda...underwhelming, mind if I ask how it could have been done better?

DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community

#779 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

I gave them content freely. I could care less if they make money on it... I am just happy that if they use it, then it will become canon. In fact, I HOPE they make money on it and get me a new BG game to play after they are finished with the enhancements versions. I can't speak for other modders... but I don't hear any of them crying. The list of beta testers is a 'who's who' in modding.

I honestly don't understand the hostility over enhancing a game we love. If there is something you don't like about it... mod it!!!! Isnt that what we do here? The engine is fixed and I would buy it just for that. Mods will still work with it... they DO. Can't say any more until after the 28th.

#780 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:42 PM

Not my site or my place but honestly, Andrea C., you really think anything productive is going to come from that statement? Or are we simply going down another road of shit-slinging that everyone is going to lose once a mod locks this thread?

If you have been following this thread for a while, you will know that I don't engage in "shit-slinging". In fact, I often refrain from commenting groundless hating. Sometimes, however, that things are said that are just too wrong, unfair or offensive not to say anything about them, and that's when I make the mistake of typing and posting. Does this warrant being told off for "shit-slinging" when I don't even hold a "sling"?

Edited by Andrea C., 24 November 2012 - 12:44 PM.