Photo

Comments on Pillars of Eternity (aka Project Eternity)

super neato

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#61 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:59 AM

It's beautiful!
But I can't really get the perspective (is the water.. leaning?), it kind of makes my head hurt trying to understand it.

Yeah... it is that... but if you look at the waterfall and the bank at the end of it... there's no way the amount of water dropping could make such a small pond. :D
Other than that... it looks really good, and there's no way that that should factor into the artistry...

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#62 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:03 PM

The first screenshot looks great, I like the style. Looking forward to seeing how the characters look in that environment. :)

It's beautiful! But I can't really get the perspective (is the water.. leaning?), it kind of makes my head hurt trying to understand it.

Which part, the waterfall or the stream? It's still a work in progress.

Also worth reading is the latest article from PC Gamer, it has some quotes on the technological improvements compared to the IE games.

#63 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

Looking forward to seeing how the characters look in that environment. :)

Hmm...

Posted Image

Edited by aVENGER, 12 October 2012 - 06:23 AM.

#64 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:17 PM

Looking forward to seeing how the characters look in that environment. :)

Hmm...

Posted Image

Posted Image

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#65 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:35 PM

57,678 Backers
$2,728,999 pledged of $1,100,000 goal
4 days to go

... so that's another layer of the endless path, and Paladin & BardChanter... all good keeps getting better.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#66 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:14 AM

Latest news. So, three days to go and more stretch goals met, including adding Chanters and Paladins, and hiring George Ziets. More classes and a great writer promise good things to come in my opinion. I'd still like to see them hire David Ogden Stiers as the narrator, but all in all, it's looking good right now. It can only get better now with the last two stretch goals. Also, don't forget to tune in to watch the live streams during the last three days! Should be fun.

Consider backing the project via Kickstarter or PayPal if you haven't already. :)

#67 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:00 AM

Well, I caved. I backed it, going for the reward with the digital download, and soundtrack. Can't believe I took the plunge, I'm usually anxious about preorders! :D

Edited by Eleima, 13 October 2012 - 05:00 AM.

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#68 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:18 AM

Well, I caved. I backed it, going for the reward with the digital download, and soundtrack. Can't believe I took the plunge, I'm usually anxious about preorders! :D

Nice one. I don't think there's much to be anxious about here anyway, Obsidian can do it. :)

#69 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:12 AM

The Icewind Dale II live stream with Adam Brennecke is on now.

#70 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:03 AM

Consider backing the project via Kickstarter or PayPal if you haven't already. :)

Nope. Backing it now would mean the second city added, which is a very bad idea.

A game should have either one city and few towns, or several cities - but not two, that's like having two capitols.

Retired from modding.

#71 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:48 AM

While I agree in principle, I'm not sure your dollars would suffice to push it above 3.5M ;)

#72 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:12 PM

A game should have either one city and few towns, or several cities - but not two, that's like having two capitols.

IIRC, it was recently announced that the first Eternity game will take place in two major areas (states?) so, strictly lore-wise, it might make sense to have two capitols.

#73 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:15 PM

Backing it now would mean the second city added, which is a very bad idea.

This isn't HOMM3. :new_bottom:

#74 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:54 PM

Backing it now would mean the second city added, which is a very bad idea.

This isn't HOMM3. :new_bottom:

Do not remind me of HoMM3, I have a life to live :new_bottom:

IIRC, it was recently announced that the first Eternity game will take place in two major areas (states?) so, strictly lore-wise, it might make sense to have two capitols.

It certainly depends on the campaign design, but as far as I can tell, duality is never good in a sense splitting content in half. Like, if you've completed one city then you can almost put a note "50% done". I know that one city doesn't necessarily represent that much compared to the rest of the game - even Baldur's Gate - but a large "capitol" city is usually supposed to be a place where a player can almost always find something to do until the very final battle. With two cities this concept is lost, unless they become just cities - i.e. merely larger than towns, - rather than capitols.

Retired from modding.

#75 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:00 AM

Latest news. Project Eternity is closing in on Double Fine Adventure's total of 3,336,371$ with 40 hours to go. If Project Eternity is funded for more than that amount, it will become the most funded video game in Kickstarter's history. I'm discounting Ouya, because it's actually a console with its campaign originally launched in the video games category.

It's looking pretty good for Project Eternity right now, even if the 3.5 million goal isn't reached. :)

#76 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:45 AM

Also because P:E is a game by a real studio, and Ouya is a massive scam led by a female Tsoukalos clone hidden in a postal box.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure they'll beat the DFA, based on the graphs, there's always a big surge in the last 1,5 days

#77 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:35 AM

Live now: Obsidian Reddit AMA.

#78 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:07 PM

In about one hour you can watch the Obsidian developers playing a D&D 3.5 session live on ustream:

http://www.ustream.t...ity-live-stream

In other news, the Kickstarter is at $3.3M at this very moment! Looking good for that second city.

#79 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

Only 60k to the 2nd city counting Paypal. I have to admit, I didn't think it probable when they first announced the 3.5 stretch goal. But now it's almost a reality. :woot:

#80 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:21 AM

Aaaaaand it's in! :D

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod