Photo

Comments on Pillars of Eternity (aka Project Eternity)

super neato

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#81 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:59 AM

Project Eternity also set a new KS record for the most funded video game. 8)

#82 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:19 AM

Words cannot describe how excited I am about this game.

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#83 Scars Unseen

Scars Unseen
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:06 AM

I'm only sad that I didn't get a chance to pledge. I've been waiting to get paid for 3 weeks now.

#84 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:31 AM

Project Eternity just went over 3.5 million dollars on Kickstarter alone. :)

I'm only sad that I didn't get a chance to pledge. I've been waiting to get paid for 3 weeks now.

Obsidian has stated that the PayPal will remain open for some time after the KS campaign ends. You should consider donating that way. :)

#85 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:39 AM

I have to admit, it's pretty impressive. There have been few projects like this one. I'll be looking forward to seeing wht they can pull off.

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#86 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:58 AM

Well done Obsidian for achieving this! 3.5 mil isn't really a TON of money for creating/publishing a video game + all these rewards but if they are smart (and work for free :P ) I think that they have a real shot of accomplishing most of what they are promising. Hopefully at least 1 million of that will go towards code stability and QA...

As much as I love talking crap about Obsidian, I will say that worst case scenario is that we get more of the same garbage that I'm already used to getting from them. So...not a big deal. Best case? They redefine what is actually possible without a big publisher backing you up and hopefully pave the way for more indie game pursuits.

*thinks of something to say to piss everyone off but currently cannot*
DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community

#87 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:13 AM

I can't believe Obsidian hasn't put up a stretch goal for 4 millions

e:

For other stretch goals (maybe 3,75M?) I would suggest to add some minigames related to successful flirting with charachters of the opposite sex (not only girls, even if I'm expecting a majority of requests on this side), may they be companions or NPS. The player would receive with 'spicy' rewards, like special portraits or maybe specific quests unlocked related to that charachter. Something like we can saw in 'The Witcher' series, for example.
It would be something different to be added.

I hope that NPCs have at least two places to go in morning and night, that weather is coded by Obsidian, that there are pleasant places to rest and relax, and that you change the name of the "White March" region to something less unpleasant sounding. Thankyou. I wish you all a pleasant work environment. I hope that your hands aren't too sore from signing all those boxes. Poor folk.
God's love to all of you. I trust it will be great because you are each and all great.

Okay, on the other side, let's not

Edited by Almateria, 16 October 2012 - 11:26 AM.

#88 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:23 AM

Hopefully at least 1 million of that will go towards code stability and QA...

Well, if you mean bug hunting, they said already(well, one of the names) that they don't need a big budget for this as they have testers.... the beta players. :P
And adding in the 'source code'like tools to the project as they have promised also removes a tiny bit... I have no idea on the amount of money though... besides I would rather have the game have good storyline... as then it's worth for players to improve ... than have a bad game no one capable has any interest on to fix the tiny bits and pieces that were deemed not worth much to fix. (Thus the 400+ mods that the BWP can use... )

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 16 October 2012 - 11:49 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#89 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:28 AM

Live stream from Obsidian HQ with the dev team right now:

1: Ustream
2. Twitch TV

#90 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:42 AM

$4m Stretch Goal - Enhance the Whole Game

OK! After much team deliberation we have one final ultimate stretch goal. At $4.0m we will be enhancing the whole game. We will use live instrumentation for the soundtrack, add developer in-game commentary, and use every dollar between $3.5m and $4m to enhance the game. Also at $4.0m Chris Avellone will be forced to play Arcanum.

Also they could throw in a microphone that works. Anyway, I'm glad they decided to listen to my complaints on SHS!

#91 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:47 AM

$4m Stretch Goal - Enhance the Whole Game

OK! After much team deliberation we have one final ultimate stretch goal. At $4.0m we will be enhancing the whole game. We will use live instrumentation for the soundtrack, add developer in-game commentary, and use every dollar between $3.5m and $4m to enhance the game. Also at $4.0m Chris Avellone will be forced to play Arcanum.

Also they could throw in a microphone that works. Anyway, I'm glad they decided to listen to my complaints on SHS!

I was just thinking about posting that in the news thread, but I think this will do. The end of the KS isn't that far away now. :cheers:

#92 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 457 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:58 AM

All right. I've ignored P:E far too long. I'm unfortunately unable to back it before the Kickstarter expires because I'll only get my salary next week, but luckily it will still be possible to grab the goodies via Paypal afterward. I'm getting that $140 package plus extras (soundtrack on CD; expansion pack) so hard it hurts.

Live instrumentation for the soundtrack would be boner-worthy ...

#93 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:48 PM

Just wanted to throw $50 in for the sake of unique pet, but I don't have kickstarter account and paypal option for some weird reason does lacks some treats it's kickstarter countepart has: namely, unique pet :huh:

Well, another $50 to save :)

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#94 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:08 PM

112 minutes to go, and the total pledges for the KS campaign + PayPal are closing in on 4 million dollars! :cheers:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

#95 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:33 PM

4 million passed! :woot: :woot:

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#96 Galsic

Galsic

Nominal Member

• 384 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:34 PM

My $35 pledge made it possible :) .
(I like parentheses.)

#97 KIrving

KIrving
  • 244 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:07 PM

The live stream comments/questions are, unsurprisingly, really creepy and sad.

Still it's good to see how well the fundraising is going. I upped my amount to $55 last weekend ($35 digital tier plus $20 for the expansion). With Wasteland 2, Dead State and now this I think I've hit my limit for Kickstarter games.
"I'm just here to get the job done, let someone else be on the poster." Female Commander Shepard

#98 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:17 PM

The live stream comments/questions are, unsurprisingly, really creepy and sad.

They always are. Sensible people shouldn't read them. ;)

Edited by Archmage Silver, 16 October 2012 - 04:18 PM.

#99 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:30 PM

Yeah, wow, internet sexism at its worst. Still, they all seem to be having a great time, so... :)

#100 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:43 PM

The team at Obsidian probably knew what they were in for when they decided to launch the stream. ;)