Photo

Trouble installing NPC mod.

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Anishay

Anishay
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

So, everything seems to be fine till the moment I turn on setup and here comes the error

error loading [Anishay/Anishay.cre]

I have no idea what may be wrong as I'm pretty sure, that everything is fine with that .cre file. I'm fully aware that it's probably really stupid question, but I don't know what to do. 

#2 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

I'll take a look at the .cre in NI, if you'd like.

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#3 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

Can you post the code in your Tp2 where you reference the CRE file?

Edited by theacefes, 25 January 2013 - 08:49 PM.

DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community

#4 Anishay

Anishay
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:40 AM

Looks like this:

COPY ~Anishay\Anishay.cre~ ~override\Anishay.cre~

#5 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:48 AM

It's not even necessary to add the filename after specifying ~override~ as the destination. Is Anishay.cre really in the Anishay folder, or is it in a folder inside that one? We have to make sure the exact file path is supplied.

Edited by Eric P., 28 January 2013 - 07:50 AM.

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#6 Anishay

Anishay
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:13 AM

It's inside Anishay folder, backup is empty for a moment I suppose. 

#7 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1399 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:33 AM

The error may come from the use of backslashes in your paths. Try change them into slashes, e.g.

COPY ~Anishay/Anishay.cre~ ~override/Anishay.cre~

#8 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

Backslashes shouldn't matter.

Inside the backup folder, it's a good idea to place an empty folder named 0.

This should work fine:

COPY~Anishay/Anishay.cre~ ~override~

Let us know how it goes!

#9 Anishay

Anishay
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:35 AM

Thank you guys, for help. 

Okey. Now .cre file is working, but there's new error for me. ;)

Parsing error line 14 column 1 - 2

Near text: +

syntax error

parsing [Anishay/Anishay.d]: Parsing.Parse_Error

Something like that. 

#10 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:35 AM

Since no one has explored the stupid antivirus option yet... Do you have a stupid anti-anything program running on the background? :D

EDIT: Ah ninjaed by the OP herself :doh:

Edited by Lollorian, 28 January 2013 - 09:36 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#11 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1399 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

Parsing error line 14 column 1 - 2

Near text: +

syntax error

parsing [Anishay/Anishay.d]: Parsing.Parse_Error

Looks like one of the reply entries isn't correct. I can't say more, unless you show us the corresponding dialog portion.

Anyways, a typical reply entry may look like that:

++ ~Your reply text~ + NextLabel
or
+ ~YourTriggers()~ + ~Your reply text~ + NextLabel
or
+ ~YourTriggers()~ + ~Your reply text~ DO ~YourActions()~ + NextLabel

#12 Anishay

Anishay
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

Thank you for help. I finally managed to install the NPC, but still not everything is fine. Well NPC just replicates itself, What I should do to fix it?

#13 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

Thank you for help. I finally managed to install the NPC, but still not everything is fine. Well NPC just replicates itself, What I should do to fix it?

Maybe you don't have a check for that...

How do you summon the character into existence ?

NPC creation guide ....

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#14 Anishay

Anishay
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

Okey, this is working. And I hope the last thing, she just doesn't want to talk to PC I've tried to start a conversation and it's like 'Anishay has nothing to say' and I'm pretty sure that all triggers are fine. (but it's highly probable that I'm not right)

#15 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

Okey, this is working. And I hope the last thing, she just doesn't want to talk to PC I've tried to start a conversation and it's like 'Anishay has nothing to say' and I'm pretty sure that all triggers are fine. (but it's highly probable that I'm not right)

There might be something amiss in your Anishay.d file.

#16 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1399 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:24 AM

There might be something amiss in your Anishay.d file.

Either that, or you haven't assigned the correct dialog files to your character.

#17 Anishay

Anishay
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:27 AM

I don't know what I've done (I've tried so many things that I don't even remember) but IT'S WORKING. I love you guys. :)

#18 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

Awesome! Now, back up your mod folder, with all its contents, and then go forth and conquer ;)