Map markers text replaced by item description

worldmap bgt map markers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tachyon

tachyon
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:44 AM

In my recent BGT install, I found that a couple of BG2 map markers has been replaced by item descriptions for Two Handed Swords, among others (see attached). The solution offered by Firebringer mentioned in this thread here didn't work, however.

I was wondering if anyone else has ever come across this particular problem?

Attached Images

• BGMain-2013-04-21-00-41-31-51.jpg

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:12 AM

This is easy to solve, if you install or uninstall a mod, you HAVE to start a new game, as all your savegames before that point have this error. It might not be the same for everyone... but there's more than one error of this kind, I can guarantee that ... so START a new game, don't load one. Here, the point 13.2. And read the rest of the faq to avoid other mistakes you can make while installing dozens and dozens of mods.

Edited by The Imp, 20 April 2013 - 07:19 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 tachyon

tachyon
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

I was afraid that it would've come to that. The weird part to all this is that I have used BWS and only two mods were added between the end of BG1 and the start of BG2. I made a save file just before I talk to Belt at the end of BG1, stopped the game to install Kagain ToB and Improved random encounter, then start the transition to BG2. Everything else was kept the same (I saved my .ini from the package selection in BWS). I also did a full wipe of my \BGII - SoA\ folder before installing any additional mods. I suppose there's no guarantee it would work even though all the old savegames can be loaded just fine.

Well, thanks for your help, Herr Imp.

#4 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:57 AM

I was afraid that it would've come to that. The weird part to all this is that I have used BWS and only two mods were added between the end of BG1 and the start of BG2. I made a save file just before I talk to Belt at the end of BG1, stopped the game to install Kagain ToB and Improved random encounter, then start the transition to BG2. Everything else was kept the same (I saved my .ini from the package selection in BWS). I also did a full wipe of my \BGII - SoA\ folder before installing any additional mods. I suppose there's no guarantee it would work even though all the old savegames can be loaded just fine.

Well, thanks for your help, Herr Imp.
Well, in your case if you wish, you can export the character and restart the game from the BG2's start ... you'll of course will loose most of the advantage gained from the direct transition, well but those can be cheated back in with Shadowkeeper and the Console, and then your new games map and all other text references will work correctly.
And this is the reason why the BWP has the 13.2. in my FAQ. :devil:

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.