Photo

[BG2] Is there a list of .STO files for vanilla stores' merchants?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:05 PM

Would someone please point me to a list of stores in the vanilla game, if this exists? I'm writing an item pack mod, and I'd like to patch items into some of the SoA/ToB stores.

TIA for any help :)

Edited by Eric P., 26 April 2013 - 08:20 AM.

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#2 Oracle

Oracle

Bad Doggie Werewolf

• 105 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:55 PM

http://www.sorcerers...s/shop-list.php I hope this helps

"Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades."

#3 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:09 AM

http://www.sorcerers...s/shop-list.php I hope this helps

I don't need the names of the shops, or a listing of the items sold. I need the filenames of the .STO files for the merchants themselves, so I can patch them in my .tp2.

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#4 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:01 AM

Do you want just vanilla stores or all .STOs? If the latter, then just about every items pack has the code for doing this.

#5 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:50 AM

Do you want just vanilla stores or all .STOs? If the latter, then just about every items pack has the code for doing this.

Just vanilla, please.

#6 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:30 AM

Can't you just download Infinity Exploder or what? Sheesh.

#7 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:52 PM

The script should say "for each file that ends in *.STO" do something.

me thinks that if you need a list of STO files... your probably doing it wrong.

#8 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:29 PM

I have that, There's no Mac version of IE. I was hoping there was already a resource available for reference, so I don't have to go down the very long list of .STO files (every container is also a .STO file!), and figure out which ones are relevant. Also, I don't appreciate your tone, FWIW.

Edited by Eric P., 26 April 2013 - 07:17 PM.

#9 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:25 AM

I have that, There's no Mac version of IE. I was hoping there was already a resource available for reference, so I don't have to go down the very long list of .STO files (every container is also a .STO file!), and figure out which ones are relevant. Also, I don't appreciate your tone, FWIW.

Kinda hafta agree--don't know where & why that huff was needed.

Eric, I did a half-hearted search but didn't find a 'List of Vanilla Shops in BG'. So if you can create one, even just posting in this thread, it'll be useful for others. (It'll also show up in a web search.)

I still think the best way is to look at the earlier item packs e.g. Weimer's and the code is probably specific to vanilla shops.

Also, I'm sure you've already seen the STO entry in IESDP, so at least you'll how to filter out shopkeeper Stores.

Edited by Azazello, 28 April 2013 - 08:12 AM.

#10 Ulb

Ulb
  • Modder
  • 373 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:55 AM

You could also 'pick' your stores by item.

E.g.: Lets say you wanted to add an item to all stores that sell scrolls of raise dead (which should be most 'cleric' stores), in that case you simply have to open the 'raise dead scroll' in NearInfinity ( I hope that one works on Mac :P) and select 'Find...' -> 'find references to this file' -> deselect all file types except 'STO' and you'll get a neat list of all stores with that item.

#11 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:03 AM

I was hoping there was already a resource available for reference, so I don't have to go down the very long list of .STO files (every container is also a .STO file!), and figure out which ones are relevant.

Why don't you simply look for the relevant ones by checking the appropriate bits of the store files and print the right stores on screen or into a text file?

For example

COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~^.+\.sto$~ ~override~
  READ_LONG 0x08 store_type
  READ_LONG 0x10 store_flags
  // checking if store is a real store and buys or sells items
  PATCH_IF (store_type == 0) && ((store_flags & 3) > 0) BEGIN
    PATCH_IF ((store_flags & 3) == 1) BEGIN
      PATCH_PRINT ~Store "%SOURCE_FILE%" buys only~
    END
    PATCH_IF ((store_flags & 3) == 2) BEGIN
      PATCH_PRINT ~Store "%SOURCE_FILE%" sells only~
    END
    PATCH_IF ((store_flags & 3) == 3) BEGIN
      PATCH_PRINT ~Store "%SOURCE_FILE%" buys and sells~
    END
  END

prints all "real" stores available in the game which buy and/or sell items to the screen. Use this code on an unmodded game and you'll get only vanilla stores.

You could also check for certain item types allowed to buy/sell to narrow it down even further.

#12 Isaya

Isaya
  • Modder
  • 294 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:47 AM

Here is a list I made of all SoA + ToB shops, excluding the bags (although is easy to locate bags, they are all named BAGxxx). I wrote it for a documentation project on a French website, hence the names are all French, including the comments associated to each shop. Hopefully an online translator should help you figure out the simple wording when the name can't be understood directly.

In order to locate the areas, you can refer to this interactive map of SoA in French.If you click on the locations, you'll get the area description, allowing you to find the shop in the area. This should help you trace them with their English names.

25SPELL    Plume et parchemin (aussi appelé Archives des Arcanes, Saredush puis Amkethran)
25SPELL2    Non accessible (pas de StartStore) : Plume et parchemin (aussi appelé Archives des Arcanes, Saredush puis Amkethran)
AMBAR01    Le Zéphir (auberge d'Amkethran)
AMCLER02    Marchandises de Waukyne (Chyil, temple d'Amkethran)
AMSMUG01    Contrebandiers d'Amkethran (prix fort)
AMSMUG02    Contrebandiers d'Amkethran (prix d'ami)
ARLED    Arledrian (receleur des Voleurs de l'Ombre, maison de Gaelan Bayle, bas quartiers)
BDBART01    Non accessible (pas de StartStore) : Les Cinq Chopes
BERNARD    Bernard, Couronne de Cuivre (prix fort, Lethinan vivant)
BERNARD2    Bernard, Couronne de Cuivre (prix d'ami)
BERNARD3    Non accessible (pas de StartStore) : La Couronne de Cuivre
BERNARD4    Non accessible (pas de StartStore) : La Couronne de Cuivre
BERNARD5    Non accessible (pas de StartStore) : La Couronne de Cuivre
BERNARD6    Non accessible (pas de StartStore) : La Couronne de Cuivre
BHELM    Temple de Helm (Gardien Vottnar, quartier du pont)
BINNKEEP    Calbor (Auberge de Delosar)
BMTHIEF    Voleur du Marché Noir (entrée de la guilde sur les docks, receleur)
BSHOP01    Tire-laine (marché noir, quartier du pont, de nuit)
BSHOP02    Vendeur (marché noir, quartier du pont, de jour)
CROBAR01    Groncaner (Auberge des portes de la ville, auberge uniquement)
DAWNMAS    Non accessible (pas de StartStore) : Temple de Lathandre
DMARK    Fovem (vendeur à la sauvette sur les docks, de nuit, pas receleur)
DMARK1    Non accessible (pas de StartStore) : Marchand
DOGHMA    Temple d'Oghma (docks d'Athkatla)
DSHOP01    Ikert (quartier des docks, le jour)
DSHOP02    Jahaboam (quartier des docks, de jour, fait le cadeau pour Jaheira)
FFBART    Les Cinq Choppes (auberge uniquement)
GARLENA    Temple de Heaum (Garlena, Tour de Garde)
GORCH    Gorch (boutique servant de couverture à la guilde de Mae'Var)
GOVWAU01    Temple de Waukyne (gouvernement, Athkatla)
HELMPR    Non accessible (pas de StartStore) : Temple de Helm (armures et potions)
HENDAK    Non accessible (pas de StartStore) : La Couronne de Cuivre
HGKAR01    Karthis al-Hezzar (Téthyr, proximité du temple de Bhaal)
INN2616    Non accessible (pas de StartStore) : Auberge de Château-Suif
JAYES    Jayes (marché noir, promenade de Waukyne)
KPCHAP01    Bolumir de Tempus (Château d'Arnise, quête du guerrier)
KYLIE    Non accessible (pas de StartStore) : Kylie
LEHTINAN    Non accessible (pas de StartStore) : La Couronne de Cuivre
MERCHANT    Bel Dalemark (quartier du pont)
MURCRAG    Mme Cragmoon (quartier du pont, potions)
PPINN01    Auberge de Brynnlaw (auberge uniquement)
PPSTOR01    Marchand de Brynnlaw, même magasin (fichier STO) que le marchard extorqué aux portes de la ville !
PPUMB01    Temple d'Umberlie (Brynnlaw)
RIBALD    Marché des aventuriers (normal)
RIBALD2    Non accessible (pas de StartStore) : Marché des aventuriers
RIBALD3    Marché des aventuriers (haut niveau)
ROGER    Roger le receleur (égout des temples, potions)
SAHPR1    Prêtresse de Sekolah (Temple de Sekolah, cité Sahuagin)
SARBAR01    L'Arbre à Chopines (Saredush)
SARTEM01    Marchandises de Waukyne (Soeur Farielle, temple de Saredush)
SCROLLS    Plume et parchemin (Dame Yuth, Marché de l'Aventurier)
SEVBAR01    Auberge des Sept Vaux (auberge uniquement)
SHOP01    Mira (Promenade de Waukyne)
SHOP02    Arnolinus (armures, boutique autour de la Promenade de Waukyne)
SHOP03    Maheer (Promenade de Waukyne, amélioration Cor de Valhala)
SHOP04    Enge (armment, boutique autour de la Promenade de Waukyne)
SHOP05    Perter (arcs et flèches, boutique autour de la Promenade de Waukyne)
SHOP06    Hes (Promenade de Waukyne)
SHOP07    Vendeur (Promenade de Waukyne)
SHOP08    Galoomp le comptable (Promenade de Waukyne)
SHTHSTOR    Rattell (receleur de la guilde du PJ, receleur)
SLILMAT    Temple de Ilmater
SLSHOP01    Voleur du Marché Noir (bas quartiers, nuit) (pas receleur)
SLSHOP02    Vendeur à la sauvette (bas quartiers, nuit) (pas receleur)
SUELF10    Reirra (Temple de Rillifane, Suldanessalar)
TALMISS    Non accessible (pas de StartStore) : Temple de Talos
TANALLY1    Fael (Imnesvale, potions)
TEM2304    Non accessible (pas de StartStore) : Temple de la Sagesse (BG1)
TEM4802    Non accessible (pas de StartStore) : Temple de Helm (BG1)
TEMHELM    Temple de Heaum (Sire Donalus, armement, potions, parchemins)
TEMLATH    Temple de Lathandre (Aubemestre Kreel, Athkatla)
TEMPLE    Non accessible (pas de StartStore) : Marchandises de Waukyne
TEMSUP    Marchandises de Waukyne (Overgold Renwellyn, Francmarché)
TEMTALOS    Temple de Talos (Maîtresse Ada, Athkatla)
THUMB    La Bonté Marine (docks, auberge uniquement)
TRCAR04    Marchand de la caravane (Franc-Marché, tente)
TRGENI01    Khan Zahraa (Djinn de Franc-Marché)
TRINNK01    Vyatri (Repos du Voyageur, Franc-Marché, auberge uniquement)
TRMER01    Colporteur (Franc-Marché, jour)
TRMER02    Marchand de Franc-Marché
TRMER03    Non accessible (pas de personnage) : Plumes pour flèches, Fabricant de flèches (Franc-Marché d'après le dialogue)
TRMER04    Enclume du bon droit (forge de Franc-Marché)
TRMER04A    Non accessible (pas de StartStore) : Enclume du bon droit
TRRAK01    Adratha la sorcière (potions, Ithafeer la rakshasa recherchée par les génies)
TRTHF02    Kich (receleur, Franc-Marché, de nuit)
TYPE1    Non accessible (pas de StartStore) : Marchand
TYPE2    Non accessible (pas de StartStore) : Marché des aventuriers
TYPE3    Non accessible (pas de StartStore) : La Couronne de Cuivre
UDDROW22    Pub d'Ust Natha (auberge uniquement)
UDDROW23    Marchand Drow d'Ust Natha
UDDROW24    Vendeur de potions Drow d'Ust Natha
UDDROW25    Marchand de parchemins Drow d'Ust Natha
UDDUER01    Carlig (marchand Duergar en Ombreterre, si groupe en surfacins, très cher)
UDDUER02    Carlig (marchand Duergar en Ombreterre, receleur, si groupe en elfes noirs, moins cher)
UDSVIR04    Maison de repos (Svirfneblins en Ombreterre, dormir uniquement)
UDSVIR05    Therndle Daglefodd (Bazar svirfneblin en Ombreterre)
UHINN01    Auberge de Vincenzo (Imnesvale, auberge uniquement)
UHMER01    Elence Fielding (Imnesvale, le jour, ou à l'auberge, la nuit)
UHMER02    Min Minling (Imnesvale, le jour, ou à l'auberge, la nuit)
UHMER03    Beherant Diir (Imnesvale, le jour), ou à l'auberge, la nuit)
WALLACE    Wallace, Franc-Marché
WALLACE2    Non accessible (pas de StartStore) : Marchand
WILMAT    Non accessible (personnage présent sur aucune carte) : Prêtresse d'Ilmater
WINNKEEP    Auberge de Mithrest (Promenade de Waukyne, auberge uniquement)
WMART1    Echoppe de Joluv, Couronne de Cuivre (marchand bonus)
WMART2    Echoppe de Deidre, Marché des Aventuriers (marchand bonus)

You should beware of "Non accessible" lines: they are used to mark STO files that are of no use in the game, either because there is no StartStore for them, or no character associated with the dialog containing the StartStore. So you should not take them into account for your mod.

A few common words :

marchand = merchant

Echoppe = shop

cher = expensive

receleur = fence

pas = not

parchemin = scroll

auberge = inn

Couronne de Cuivre = Copper Coronet

Franc-Marché = Trademeet

nuit = night

jour = day

vendeur à la sauvette = non established seller, in the street

marché noir = black market (stolen goods)

For the same documentation project, I wrote a tp2 to extract shop content and characteristics. Tell me if you're interested in such a thing.

#13 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:00 AM

Wow, that's huge! Merci mille fois :) Je pense que je peut l'utiliser pour mes metiers.

Yes, I'd like to see the .tp2 you mentioned, please.

Edited by Eric P., 28 April 2013 - 06:02 AM.

#14 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:07 AM

Kinda hafta agree--don't know where & why that huff was needed.

Eric, I did a half-hearted search but didn't find a 'List of Vanilla Shops in BG'. So if you can create one, even just posting in this thread, it'll be useful for others. (It'll also show up in a web search.)

I still think the best way is to look at the earlier item packs e.g. Weimer's and the code is probably specific to vanilla shops.

Also, I'm sure you've already seen the STO entry in IESDP, so at least you'll how to filter out shopkeeper Stores.

I'm surprised no one has compiled such a list before. I'll make one and post it, as I'm all about the helping :)

I do have Weimer's Item Upgrades mod, so I'll check the .tp2 there as well, as part of my research.

The IESDP link you provided is broken, but I have iesdp on my HD, so I'll look up the STO entry locally.

Thanks! This is the kind of help I need!

#15 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:10 AM

E.g.: Lets say you wanted to add an item to all stores that sell scrolls of raise dead (which should be most 'cleric' stores), in that case you simply have to open the 'raise dead scroll' in NearInfinity ( I hope that one works on Mac :P) and select 'Find...' -> 'find references to this file' -> deselect all file types except 'STO' and you'll get a neat list of all stores with that item.

NI is the only IE editing tool that works on a Mac, for better and for worse ;) I'll search in there for the categories of gear I'm creating, and see what turns up.

I won't be adding the items to all the stores, but to those that appear most appropriate (definitely Adventurers Mart and one of the merchants in Trademeet, and very likely a few others).

#16 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:18 AM

I'm surprised no one has compiled such a list before. I'll make one and post it, as I'm all about the helping :)

I do have Weimer's Item Upgrades mod, so I'll check the .tp2 there as well, as part of my research.

The IESDP link you provided is broken, but I have iesdp on my HD, so I'll look up the STO entry locally.

Thanks! This is the kind of help I need!

Corrected, both here and above.

Good luck. Isaya has given you a great head-start.

Edited by Azazello, 28 April 2013 - 08:24 AM.

"I gladly simp for jastey" -- Aza
==========================================================
"You ever notice that "What the hell?!" is the answer to just about everything?"
==========================================================

"Girls are like phones, they like to be held and talked too, but if you press the wrong button, you will be disconnected!" DJ Nikodemus
================================================================
Community Contributions
* Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * a directory of Mega-Installation Guides *

#17 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:58 AM

NI is the only IE editing tool that works on a Mac, for better and for worse ;) I'll search in there for the categories of gear I'm creating, and see what turns up.

I won't be adding the items to all the stores, but to those that appear most appropriate (definitely Adventurers Mart and one of the merchants in Trademeet, and very likely a few others).

No hits found in NI when I try to find references to Long Sword, Short Sword, or Bastard Sword in .STO files. Maybe I'm not doing it right.

#18 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:52 AM

No hits found in NI when I try to find references to Long Sword, Short Sword, or Bastard Sword in .STO files. Maybe I'm not doing it right.

Unfortunately the search tool in NI doesn't compare the "items for sale" strings, just a name... yeah it can be the seller, but it also can be totally a random reference.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#19 Ulb

Ulb
  • Modder
  • 373 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:59 AM

Maybe by chance, you just picked two items which aren't for sale in a store.

If you look up 'bow03.itm' (which is named Long Bow) you should get 39 hits as a result.

Also, you'll get the file name and the store's name, which is pretty easy to identify most of the time.

(E.g.: BERNARD.STO / Copper Coronet)

#20 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:02 PM

I know for a fact that the swords in question are for sale in many stores *L* They're plain old swords.