Photo

BGT:EE

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#61 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 05:32 AM

I have no idea what new Ascension beta does - like all your links to beamdog just none of those files can be downloaded. There are just images of the files no download links.
You might need to be a forum member to download the mod. It's protected that way from "attacks".

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#62 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 05:35 AM

I have no idea what new Ascension beta does - like all your links to beamdog just none of those files can be downloaded. There are just images of the files no download links.
You might need to be a forum member to download the mod. It's protected that way from "attacks".

You need a Beamdog forum login to download files from the forum.

Thank you for the info

This is the end of my EET research, in other words.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#63 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 05:50 AM

Forum registration is free, so you can certainly get the files if you want to try them now.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#64 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 06:28 AM

I think it's a matter of time before the new Ascension finds a proper hosting. This is a beta release, so author didn't bother. Anyway I will ask JediMindTrix if he would be interested in uploading it to GitHub. Mods as huge as this one would benefit from open repository hosting, imo (you know, "pull request" functionality etc.)

#65 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 06:42 AM

I think it's a matter of time before the new Ascension finds a proper hosting. This is a beta release, so author didn't bother. Anyway I will ask JediMindTrix if he would be interested in uploading it to GitHub. Mods as huge as this one would benefit from open repository hosting, imo (you know, "pull request" functionality etc.)

I have found a workaround for the time beeing - I have created a small repository of not yet converted mods (like TDD, TGCE1, Ascencion etc) I can use for conversion of my own mod meanwhile, since I only need contents not any scripts, spells, kits or tweaks from those mods.

The Sandrah Saga

#66 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 06:44 AM

Forum registration is free, so you can certainly get the files if you want to try them now.

True, you do not need to give them credit card details.

But you have to accept ToRs like this

*Any suggestions, questions, or conversations pertaining to game content or concepts posted to these forums become the property of Overhaul Games.*

I do modding for fun - not to deal with lawyers.

The Sandrah Saga

#67 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 06:49 AM

*Any suggestions, questions, or conversations pertaining to game content or concepts posted to these forums become the property of Overhaul Games.*

South Park S15E01 :lol2:

#68 khelban12

khelban12
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 07:54 AM

Isn't it already on github ? I have been following WhiteAgnus's progress for some time now and the repo is https://github.com/w...agnus/Ascension.

If i understand correctly, the master branch has JediMindTrix's build and yesterday a new branch named beta-1.5 was created which (i think) has merged the Cuv/Miloch/Turambar build as well (as JediMindTrix said he would do in the BD forums).

Edited by khelban12, 28 December 2015 - 07:57 AM.

#69 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 08:34 AM

Isn't it already on github ? I have been following WhiteAgnus's progress for some time now and the repo is https://github.com/w...agnus/Ascension.

If i understand correctly, the master branch has JediMindTrix's build and yesterday a new branch named beta-1.5 was created which (i think) has merged the Cuv/Miloch/Turambar build as well (as JediMindTrix said he would do in the BD forums).

That one worked after re-packaging the directory (tp2 and folder packaging do not match, a number of spells are in the wrong subfolders)

The Sandrah Saga

#70 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 09:26 AM

@Roxanne

You no need a Beamdog forum login to download Ascension, you only need link to file which you can find here (look at BG2EE prefix).

There you can find links to other mods from Beamdog forum.

#71 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 10:02 AM

@Roxanne

You no need a Beamdog forum login to download Ascension, you only need link to file which you can find here (look at BG2EE prefix).

There you can find links to other mods from Beamdog forum.

Nice backdoor - thank you.

The Sandrah Saga

#72 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 02:01 PM

Issue with Jaheirah Parting script in EET

When kicked out during BG1, it seems that Jaheirap.dlg triggers and (due to her romance not happening before BG2 Romanceactive=0, she tells PC that she goes to Harpers HQ in the docks). She should use JaheiP.dlg during BG1 including all the Khalid checks. Both P-files are present in the EET game.

Edited by Roxanne, 29 December 2015 - 02:01 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#73 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 02:12 PM

thanks, I will take a look at it.

#74 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 02:21 PM

I checked also Khalid - when he is kicked out and Jaheira leaves with him, the correct diaogue is set by Khalids p-dlg ActionOverride("Jaheira",SetDialog("JAHEIP")).

In old BGT only Jaheirap.dlg was used (which is the one referenced in Pdialog.2da in BGT as well as in EET) and it included trigger blocks for GlobalLT("ENDOFBG1","GLOBAL",2) or Global("ENDOFBG1","GLOBAL",2) instead of both P-files. EET could do the same or use the continuous chapter numbering to select the correct dialogue options instead.http://www.shsforums...ee/#entry584286

Edited by Roxanne, 29 December 2015 - 03:06 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#75 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 03:05 PM

I took a look as well - I think I just hit a special case here, the initial dialogue at Friendly Arm, when Khalid and Jaheira are forced into the party.(My party was full, so I needed to kick someone out to make room and I choose Jaheira.) It does not happen after they have joined and Jaheirah is kicked out. The correct setting of dialogues is done when the NPC joins the party, this is how your developpers documentation describes it and it seems to be correct.

The Sandrah Saga

#76 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 04:09 PM

I took a look as well - I think I just hit a special case here, the initial dialogue at Friendly Arm, when Khalid and Jaheira are forced into the party.(My party was full, so I needed to kick someone out to make room and I choose Jaheira.) It does not happen after they have joined and Jaheirah is kicked out. The correct setting of dialogues is done when the NPC joins the party, this is how your developpers documentation describes it and it seems to be correct.

as you mentioned the only way I was able to reproduce the problem was initiating the join dialogue with Jaheira when the party was already full and than kicking her out before she joined (by choosing her portrait from the party management). The reason why the dialogue is not changed is the fact that the NPC never really joined the party in the first place (so K#PDIALOG local variable was not set) and yet the NPC is forced to initiate the post dialogue file, which needs K#PDIALOG set to 1 to swap correctly. I will see if I will be able to do something about it. Thanks for the report.

Edited by K4thos, 29 December 2015 - 04:09 PM.

#77 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 10:15 PM

as you mentioned the only way I was able to reproduce the problem was initiating the join dialogue with Jaheira when the party was already full and than kicking her out before she joined (by choosing her portrait from the party management). The reason why the dialogue is not changed is the fact that the NPC never really joined the party in the first place (so K#PDIALOG local variable was not set) and yet the NPC is forced to initiate the post dialogue file, which needs K#PDIALOG set to 1 to swap correctly. I will see if I will be able to do something about it. Thanks for the report.

I came to the same conclusion - it also may happen with other NPCs. Knowing the problem may just require to adjust the gameplay. Like myself, I would only use this method to get aquainted with an NPC or finish a quest and the *kickout* is really used to make an NPC wait for later recruitment.

The Sandrah Saga

#78 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:42 AM

A question to the new *Record* screen of EE

The race field for my githyank NPC is displayed empty in this screen - In BGT Githyanki was correctly displayed. Is there any point in the cre or IDS files (Githyanki exists in Race.ids >> 152 GITHYANKI) where I must make the race additionally known to the game for display here?

The Sandrah Saga

#79 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 08:19 AM

A question to EET Journal system

Quote *Currently during BG1 -> BG2 transition all quest journal entries are removed from the journal. Transition script (K#TELBGT.BCS) reads them directly from SQL file during installation,*

Now, I have adapted the Sandrah mod to EE using the ADD_JOURNAL function. The mod is to be installed after EET installation, including its BG1 contents. This is no issue, since there a some quests (including journal entries) that are continuous through the parts of the game.

My understanding is, that for this specific case, I need to remove solved/unsolved journal entries from the mod myself (by adding them to K#TELBGT.BCS or some other method) and that those not removed will stay in the Journal even after transition -which in my case would be intended.

Are these assumptions correct?

The Sandrah Saga

#80 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 09:21 AM

Quote *Currently during BG1 -> BG2 transition all quest journal entries are removed from the journal. Transition script (K#TELBGT.BCS) reads them directly from SQL file during installation,*

this is just temporary solution for beta testers, so they don't have to see BG1 journal entries after starting BG2. Once the new BG2:EE patch is released, EET will use continuous chapters, without resetting them at the end of BG1 (which means following chapters will use different pages in the journal), so nothing will be cleaned.

My understanding is, that for this specific case, I need to remove solved/unsolved journal entries from the mod myself (by adding them to K#TELBGT.BCS or some other method) and that those not removed will stay in the Journal even after transition -which in my case would be intended.

Are these assumptions correct?

no need to adopt the mod to beta release. When the EET will be officially released it won't remove any journal entries at all.