BGT:EE

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#141 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:57 PM

indeed, offset 0x40 (trigger entrance name) was missing in macros.tph, so the patcher didn't update this area properly :( Both EET_modConverter and DSotSC have been updated to fix this issue. Fortunately the only ARE affected is DSC010.ARE at following offsets: 0x1b54, 0x1c18, 0x1cdc, 0x1da0

Thanks for the report.

Edited by K4thos, 14 January 2016 - 02:10 PM.

#142 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 01:43 AM

Display of Race on the new *Record* screen of EE

The race field for my githyank NPC is displayed empty in this screen - In BGT Githyanki was correctly displayed.

(Githyanki exists in Race.ids >> 152 GITHYANKI)

The issue may exist for a number of other NPCs that use *exotc* races e.g Varshoon (Mindflayer).

Is this a known issue already?

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#143 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 02:30 AM

I post this entry made on the Sandrah thread to this thread where it is more applicable.

Topic Rebalancing of mods (XP, items etc) in EET

agb1, on 15 Jan 2016 - 11:16, said:

Has anyone created a new BP Balancer type of mod to correct some of the perceived deficiencies of big mods that BP Balancer does not cover yet? I saw that K4thos rebalanced DSotSC items in the EET compatible update he has prepared, so maybe the same approach for the other big mods would be better in the long run (ie rebalance them while updating for EE/EET compatibility, instead of making a new balancer mod).

Roxanne, on 15 Jan 2016 - 11:22, said:

rebalance them while updating for EE/EET compatibility, instead of making a new balancer mod

This is a very good point and this exactly the right moment to bring it up!!!

In BGT we ended up in (three?) mods that tried to balance the game XPs, items etc in the end and they did it cumulative. For EET there should be a unique convention to say it is either done in the mod (while you never know how a user will install the game with one, more or none of the other megamods) or by a final cleanup mod that does a balancing based on which mods are there.

Edited by Roxanne, 15 January 2016 - 02:31 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#144 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 05:03 AM

The race field for my githyank NPC is displayed empty in this screen - In BGT Githyanki was correctly displayed.

The issue may exist for a number of other NPCs that use *exotc* races e.g Varshoon (Mindflayer).

RACETEXT.2DA controls whether names or descriptions for races are displayed in the record screen. Only a handful of races are present in the default file however, such as the playable races, Vampire and Tiefling. Githyanki has to be added manually. I don't know if EET is modifying this file though.

#145 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 05:08 AM

RACETEXT.2DA controls whether names or descriptions for races are displayed in the record screen. Only a handful of races are present in the default file however, such as the playable races, Vampire and Tiefling. Githyanki has to be added manually. I don't know if EET is modifying this file though.

Thank you very much - I will try to append to that file, the entries require seem to be clear.

The Sandrah Saga

#146 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 05:34 AM

Also note that the .cre files need to have the race.ids's ids number for the haterace ranger ability effect to apply to them.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#147 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 05:46 AM

Also note that the .cre files need to have the race.ids's ids number for the haterace ranger ability effect to apply to them.

If you mean the cre entry at offset 0x241 - in case of githyanki this is obviously Mind_Flayer - 124

The Sandrah Saga

#148 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 07:50 AM

EET has a new home on G3 forums: http://gibberlings3....p?showforum=195

All discussion regarding EET on BGT forum section is basically off topic (sorry, Ascension64) considering the mod is not really a port of BGT to EE engine but a new thing. For this reason any further assistance regarding this project, as well as EET Tweaks and IWD-in-EET, will be provided at the EET subforum on G3. Feel free to create new topics there and thank you for supporting the project.

#149 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 08:08 AM

EET has a new home on G3 forums: http://gibberlings3....p?showforum=195

All discussion regarding EET on BGT forum section is basically off topic (sorry, Ascension64) considering the mod is not really a port of BGT to EE engine but a new thing. For this reason any further assistance regarding this project, as well as EET Tweaks and IWD-in-EET, will be provided at the EET subforum on G3. Feel free to create new topics there and thank you for supporting the project.

I post this entry made on the Sandrah thread to this thread where it is more applicable.

Topic Rebalancing of mods (XP, items etc) in EET

agb1, on 15 Jan 2016 - 11:16, said:

Has anyone created a new BP Balancer type of mod to correct some of the perceived deficiencies of big mods that BP Balancer does not cover yet? I saw that K4thos rebalanced DSotSC items in the EET compatible update he has prepared, so maybe the same approach for the other big mods would be better in the long run (ie rebalance them while updating for EE/EET compatibility, instead of making a new balancer mod).

Roxanne, on 15 Jan 2016 - 11:22, said:

rebalance them while updating for EE/EET compatibility, instead of making a new balancer mod

This is a very good point and this exactly the right moment to bring it up!!!

In BGT we ended up in (three?) mods that tried to balance the game XPs, items etc in the end and they did it cumulative. For EET there should be a unique convention to say it is either done in the mod (while you never know how a user will install the game with one, more or none of the other megamods) or by a final cleanup mod that does a balancing based on which mods are there.

I have felt free to move this issue to the new forum as most likely the EET-Tweaks mod will be the appropriate vehicle for taking care of it.

The Sandrah Saga