#1 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:17 AM

Shader Pack: Lighting Adjustments for the Enhanced Editions

Download
Readme

The original Infinity Engine games provided options to adjust brightness and contrast which helped a lot, especially in dark dungeons or at night time. Unfortunately these options have been removed from the Enhanced Editions (except for PST:EE).

This mod provides a way to bring back the means to adjust brightness, contrast and gamma correction. You can choose from a set of predefined lighting configurations or enter the desired values manually. Additionally it is possible to adjust color temperature as well as hue, saturation and lightness. You can find previews for each individual setting in the readme.

Note: Changes made by this mod will not be visible if you select "Alternative renderer" in the graphics options of the games.

Important: On BG:EE you will need game version 1.2 or higher to see any effect!

Edited by Argent77, 21 August 2022 - 11:59 PM.

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:40 AM

The 200x200 thumb nail is way too small, specially considering your picture is already reduced size:

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:15 AM

The 200x200 thumb nail is way too small, specially considering your picture is already reduced size

The thumbnail is automatically generated from the preview image and I don't know if it's possible to change its size or content. Maybe I could split it into several parts. In that case I wouldn't even have to resize the preview.

A full-sized preview image (1920x3360 pixels) is included in the mod itself.

Edited by Argent77, 17 January 2014 - 11:15 AM.

#4 gloomfrost

gloomfrost
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:56 PM

I just started playing BG:EE a few days ago and talk about great timing!

I was playing around with the ini Gamma Correction and  Brightness Correction with mediocre results.

I chose the recommended install moderate contrast,brightness and gamma.

Boy it looks great! Closest to how i set up my original BG.

Still wish there was a slider for these settings, but this is the best solution so far, much better then any ini settings.

Took me a few days to set up BG:EE what took a few seconds with the orignal, just for mods like this and portraits and sounds, etc.

Anyways thanks for this solution!

Edited by gloomfrost, 17 January 2014 - 10:57 PM.

#5 gloomfrost

gloomfrost
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:54 AM

that's more like it, i just started BG2:EE and your lighting pack really makes all the difference! thank you so much

#6 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:58 AM

That's great to hear.

I hope though that Overhaul adds native lighting support by one of their next game updates. They have created such an easy way to adjust the visual appearance of the games (that even includes scaling algorithms used for their zoom feature). I really wonder why they didn't make use of it yet.

Edited by Argent77, 30 January 2014 - 06:02 AM.

#7 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:42 AM

They have created such an easy way to adjust the visual appearance of the games (that even includes scaling algorithms used for their zoom feature). I really wonder why they didn't make use of it yet.

I suspect the zoom is made for a non PC machines, not that it won't be useful for a PC... and yeah, there's not even resolution setting option that I see...

Edited by The Imp, 30 January 2014 - 07:44 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#8 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:16 AM

I suspect the zoom is made for a non PC machines, not that it won't be useful for a PC... and yeah, there's not even resolution setting option that I see...

The zoom works on PCs too (via mouse wheel or +/- keys). Its scaling algorithm is defined in the shader file fpCatRom.GLSL which is easily accessible via NearInfinity. I have managed to change it to a nearest neighbor scaler once, but my shading language skills are too low for something more advanced. :(

Otoh, resolution settings are very platform specific. So I can understand why they didn't include this in their games yet. Lighting controls, however, are easily done. The basics of this feature are already implemented (via shader scripts). They only need to attach it to controls on the options screen.

Edited by Argent77, 31 January 2014 - 05:56 AM.

#9 Cahir

Cahir
  • Modder
  • 133 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:43 AM

And another one of those cool little mods received its Polish translation. Argent77 feel free to include it in the next version if you like :)

Attached File  lighting pack.zip   4.27K   398 downloads

#10 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:42 AM

Thanks again for your translation! The mod has been updated to v1.1 and can be downloaded here.

#11 gloomfrost

gloomfrost
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:27 AM

this is the most essential mod for all the EE games. Any chance of making this installable/compatible with the just released IWD:EE ???

#12 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:49 PM

I have already a new version waiting to be released for some time, which improves compatibility with other similar mods and adds IWDEE support. It just needs a certain WeiDU feature which is not available in the current release, so you have to be patient until WeiDU 237 comes out (which is hopefully soon™ judging from this post).

#13 gloomfrost

gloomfrost
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 04:15 AM

can't wait! IWD:EE seems exceptionally more Dark then the othe games, I'll just wait to play it till your mod is ready ;)

#14 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 09:52 AM

The Shader Pack has been updated to v2.0. You can find the download link in the first post.

Changes:

• Greatly improved compatibility with third-party mods making changes to the shader files.
  • Added IWD:EE support.

#15 -BG2EE enthuse-

-BG2EE enthuse-

Posted 02 December 2014 - 12:18 PM

How can I make it work for Macintosh - Mac ?

#16 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 12:45 PM

You need to download the WeiDU package for Mac OS X. Extract the file "weidu" into your game's root folder and rename it to "setup-LightingPack". You might have to set the executable attribute for the file before you can run it, but I can't help you there as I don't own a Mac. Afterwards, execute the file and follow the instructions.

#17 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 09:40 AM

The Shader Pack has been updated to v2.1. You can find the download link in the first post.

Changes:

• Fixed an issue regarding semi-transparent pixels.

#18 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:51 PM

The Shader Pack has been updated to v2.2. You can find the download link in the first post.

Changes:
  • Added support for latest BG2:EE update (which is currently in open beta).

#19 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:00 AM

The mod extends the files fpDraw.GLSL, fpTone.GLSL, fpYUV.GLSL and (since game version 1.3) fpYUVGRY.GLSL. If another mod makes extensive changes to these files, it may confuse this mod. Another possibility is that the parameters for brightness, contrast or gamma have been set incorrectly which also may result in a black screen.

Can you post the content of fpDraw.GLSL (preferably before and after installation of this mod)?

#20 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:26 AM

Interesting. I can include a simple check into the next version to prevent multiple additions by the mod.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bgee, bg2ee, iwdee, pstee, shader