Photo

Sandrah Saga for EET (Bug and Support Forum)

EET Mega Mod

• Please log in to reply
1095 replies to this topic

#981 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 04:38 AM

Thnx for your quick reply!

Yes this is the building (couldnt remember the name....)

and the item names I found using NI (all with a "null" value)

And yes there is a probable issue.

Because these items dont exist, you cant see them nor drop them, but you can pickup them !

I/You have to be careful what to pickup!

So that means, that these items are from mods, I havent installed ?

That is surely possible.

Do you know, which are these mods ?

I have -almost- all the mods the BGT Sandrah required, but not all.....

I didnt install CtB for example.... (I never liked it....)

But I have RoT and -of course- TDD!

I see the issue. Yes, if you pick up an *empty* slot from a chest you get an invisible item in your inventory that cannot be removed.

I think it is best the remove these placeholders and put defined items there. I am not even 100% sure which mod(s) had those items.

Thank you for pointing that out.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#982 franco8737

franco8737
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 05:21 PM

I recently install the whole Sandrah Saga and encounter an error on the component - Sandrah EET Additions

ERROR: Failure("resource [Imoenm.cre] not found for 'COPY'")
Sandrah EET additions (Sandrah Saga I - Sandrah Appears) was not installed due to errors.
Removing SandrahNPC #16

I attach the debug file from BWS here for your reference too.

Attached Files

Edited by franco8737, 29 December 2017 - 05:21 PM.

#983 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:08 PM

I recently install the whole Sandrah Saga and encounter an error on the component - Sandrah EET Additions

Sandrah EET additions (Sandrah Saga I - Sandrah Appears) was not installed due to errors.
Removing SandrahNPC #16

Sorry there was a typo in my latest update. Put this file into your BG2EE/SandrahNPC to overwrite the existing and run again the Setup-SandrahNPC.exe just for the missing component.

Attached File  Setup-SandrahNPC.tp2   262.67K   285 downloads

The Sandrah Saga

#984 franco8737

franco8737
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:34 PM

Removing SandrahNPC #16

Sorry there was a typo in my latest update. Put this file into your BG2EE/SandrahNPC to overwrite the existing and run again the Setup-SandrahNPC.exe just for the missing component.

attachicon.gifSetup-SandrahNPC.tp2

Thank you. It works fine now. 

#985 icymad

icymad
  • 44 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 05:14 PM

So i put all the bag of holding (i have 4) with Sandrah, but when i rejoin she is only with one(!) bag of holding, Minsc have the Imoen belt in him and it cannot remove and Jaheira is the only npc who carry the itens from SoD to BG2 (even when in prison). Let me know if there is an essential item from previous games (like Gift of Mystra sword maybe?) and Happy new year.

#986 -Beregost-

-Beregost-

Posted 31 December 2017 - 05:19 PM

Hi Roxanne,

Thanks for such a great mod. Eliminster appeared outside the FAI and offered to teleport me to the evil academy (begins with L). I said yes but then the demon from the waterfall came up and spoke to me, cancelling out whatever Eliminster was doing. Now Eliminster won't appear in his Waterdeep home and I have no way to get to the academy. Could I have the area code for it, please?

Also, is the Githyanki companion part of your mod or something different?

#987 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 11:43 PM

Hi Roxanne,

Thanks for such a great mod. Eliminster appeared outside the FAI and offered to teleport me to the evil academy (begins with L). I said yes but then the demon from the waterfall came up and spoke to me, cancelling out whatever Eliminster was doing. Now Eliminster won't appear in his Waterdeep home and I have no way to get to the academy. Could I have the area code for it, please?

Do this

C:SetGlobal("SanAcad","GLOBAL",1)

It should start the jourmey to the academy with all the globals set correctly.

Also, is the Githyanki companion part of your mod or something different?

Jen'lig is part od the mod. She is optional and has her own quests and own story,

Spoiler

The Sandrah Saga

#988 icymad

icymad
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 07:20 AM

"I said yes but then the demon from the waterfall came up and spoke to me, cancelling out whatever Eliminster was doing. I said yes but then the demon from the waterfall came up and spoke to me, cancelling out whatever Eliminster was doing. "

I never did encounter the bandit with deathknight skin for a second time in my playthrough

#989 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 07:30 AM

"I said yes but then the demon from the waterfall came up and spoke to me, cancelling out whatever Eliminster was doing. I said yes but then the demon from the waterfall came up and spoke to me, cancelling out whatever Eliminster was doing. "

I never did encounter the bandit with deathknight skin for a second time in my playthrough

There is something screwed in that event.

- I assume you are both talking of the Fat Man and the Thin Woman who ambush you when you try to bring back the shard to Elminster? He appears only once, i.e. when you return to FAI or High Hedge whereever you are to meet Elminster.

- Elminster will not come after you to give you the Academy quest but you need to visit him at Waterdeep.

I assume it is not possible to restore the sequence of events that have led to this, so my advice was just to use the console and continue.

The Sandrah Saga

#990 icymad

icymad
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 11:04 AM

- I assume you are both talking of the Fat Man and the Thin Woman who ambush you when you try to bring back the shard to Elminster? He appears only once, i.e. when you return to FAI or High Hedge whereever you are to meet Elminster.

- Elminster will not come after you to give you the Academy quest but you need to visit him at Waterdeep.

I assume it is not possible to restore the sequence of events that have led to this, so my advice was just to use the console and continue.

I tought he where talking about the bandit in Waterdeep road

#991 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 11:40 AM

Edited by Roxanne, 01 January 2018 - 11:42 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#992 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 11:42 AM

Khattark -

Spoiler

There is however a general bug in the game (unrelated to Sandrah) where a creature that moves from one area to another gets caught in some loop and may appear (stalk) whereever the protagonist goes.

The Sandrah Saga

#993 -Beregost-

-Beregost-

Posted 01 January 2018 - 11:46 AM

Sorry if I wasn't very clear. I'm bad with names. The demon I am talking about is the one who has a pair of shoes. He came back and I gave him the cursed shoes, right after Eliminster said he was going to teleport me. They were stood in a line waiting to talk to me as soon as I entered the Friendly Arm Inn map.

#994 -Beregost-

-Beregost-

Posted 01 January 2018 - 11:49 AM

Khattark -

Spoiler

There is however a general bug in the game (unrelated to Sandrah) where a creature that moves from one area to another gets caught in some loop and may appear (stalk) whereever the protagonist goes.

Yes, I have this stalking bug with Saverok's step-father. He keeps following me around the Friendly Arm Inn map but not staying anything.

Another bug I have is that my wolf (hasass or something like that) vanished in Peldvale but doesn't respond to the whistle anywhere.

#995 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 12:11 PM

Sorry if I wasn't very clear. I'm bad with names. The demon I am talking about is the one who has a pair of shoes. He came back and I gave him the cursed shoes, right after Eliminster said he was going to teleport me. They were stood in a line waiting to talk to me as soon as I entered the Friendly Arm Inn map.

Khattark -

Spoiler

Yes, I have this stalking bug with Saverok's step-father. He keeps following me around the Friendly Arm Inn map but not staying anything.

Another bug I have is that my wolf (hasass or something like that) vanished in Peldvale but doesn't respond to the whistle anywhere.

This sounds like nothing caused by erroneous globals or messed dialogues. Something is completely messed here, the Sandrah mod spawns neither the demon nor Elminster in FAI. Sarevok's stepfather (Rieltar Anchev) is not touched by the mod at all. Or do you mean the mage Winski, Sarevok's teacher?).

If you have a savegame of that constellation, that would be interesting - to me it looks like something in a save has been messed,

The Sandrah Saga

#996 -Beregost-

-Beregost-

Posted 01 January 2018 - 04:33 PM

Khattark -

Spoiler

This sounds like nothing caused by erroneous globals or messed dialogues. Something is completely messed here, the Sandrah mod spawns neither the demon nor Elminster in FAI. Sarevok's stepfather (Rieltar Anchev) is not touched by the mod at all. Or do you mean the mage Winski, Sarevok's teacher?).

If you have a savegame of that constellation, that would be interesting - to me it looks like something in a save has been messed,

Here is the save: https://expirebox.co...141de2b95e.html

If you go to the south east of the FAI map, you will see the guy that I mean. The only mods used are those in the Tactical version of Big World, minus the random loot mod and with the addition of Imoen Romance. I used your code to finish the academy, but I've noticed another bug since -- the guy who is supposed to spawn in Ulgoth's Beard to continue the Northern Tales of the Sword Coast doesn't appear.

#997 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 10:13 PM

Khattark -

Spoiler

If you go to the south east of the FAI map, you will see the guy that I mean. The only mods used are those in the Tactical version of Big World, minus the random loot mod and with the addition of Imoen Romance. I used your code to finish the academy, but I've noticed another bug since -- the guy who is supposed to spawn in Ulgoth's Beard to continue the Northern Tales of the Sword Coast doesn't appear.

- Reedrik? He does not appear until you defeated the cult and the demon which you can only do after you brought the dagger from Durlag's tower to the dwarf in Ulgoth's inn + he only appears if you rescued him from the cave in the Field of Death before.

- Try Haiass with C:CreateCreature("Haiass2")

- I took a look at your savegame and it looks like it is full of creatures that are *stuck in transit*.

E.g. Winski (Sarevok's former teacher) was supposed to be leaving the area (where he met you with his spawns) after his second ambush and threat he made to you. He never made it out. But you have also a lot of other creatures from other mods, e.g. the whole cast of Gavin's quest in Beregost. Or Landrin (you may have given her the items and send her to her old home?). This can happen sometimes but you have quite a large number of those - do you often use console MoveToArea("xxxx*) or do you play at high speed or do you often change areas in combat?  One reason for this phenomenon that I know of is that it can happen when the party changes areas while a non-party NPC has still not completed his last action, like EscapeArea() or MoveBetweenAreas etc. This effect has existed in a limited way in the original game already but my experience with EE is that it happens more often with the new game which is due to the revised way the EE manages map transits and autosaves for those transits. It helps if you do not immediately do area transits when some conversation/encounter/cutscene/battle or whatever has finished.Give the game a few seconds to finish all open actions. This is my experience.

Edited by Roxanne, 02 January 2018 - 01:25 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#998 -Beregost-

-Beregost-

Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:55 AM

Khattark -

Spoiler

- Reedrik? He does not appear until you defeated the cult and the demon which you can only do after you brought the dagger from Durlag's tower to the dwarf in Ulgoth's inn + he only appears if you rescued him from the cave in the Field of Death before.

- Try Haiass with C:CreateCreature("Haiass2")

- I took a look at your savegame and it looks like it is full of creatures that are *stuck in transit*.

E.g. Winski (Sarevok's former teacher) was supposed to be leaving the area (where he met you with his spawns) after his second ambush and threat he made to you. He never made it out. But you have also a lot of other creatures from other mods, e.g. the whole cast of Gavin's quest in Beregost. Or Landrin (you may have given her the items and send her to her old home?). This can happen sometimes but you have quite a large number of those - do you often use console MoveToArea("xxxx*) or do you play at high speed or do you often change areas in combat?  One reason for this phenomenon that I know of is that it can happen when the party changes areas while a non-party NPC has still not completed his last action, like EscapeArea() or MoveBetweenAreas etc. This effect has existed in a limited way in the original game already but my experience with EE is that it happens more often with the new game which is due to the revised way the EE manages map transits and autosaves for those transits. It helps if you do not immediately do area transits when some conversation/encounter/cutscene/battle or whatever has finished.Give the game a few seconds to finish all open actions. This is my experience.

Ah, I have yet to rescue him from the cave. Thanks for reminding me.

I don't use the console for MoveToArea often. I've probably done it about 4 or 5 times to bypass bugs. I don't change areas in combat unless it's a "waylaid" attack in between areas. I don't play on highspeed unless you count the various boots that increase movement. Re. a non-party member stuck, would Haiass count in this, since he is probably stuck somewhere? It's also possible I might have left some areas early because an NPC who spoke to me teleported me.

Thanks for the explanation & help.

#999 -Beregost-

-Beregost-

Posted 02 January 2018 - 11:45 AM

Me again. Once I've retrieved the silver sword Jen'ling was looking for, is something supposed to happen? Once the final boss is dead SoDS starts up and she has no new dialogue.

#1000 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 12:02 PM

Me again. Once I've retrieved the silver sword Jen'ling was looking for, is something supposed to happen? Once the final boss is dead SoDS starts up and she has no new dialogue.

Just continue

Spoiler

The Sandrah Saga