Photo

BWPv18 released

• Please log in to reply
364 replies to this topic

#301 EvilMax

EvilMax
  • 145 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 05:54 AM

Code was 0, so I beleive that problem is not in overwritten codes. Thank you for the tips.

#302 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 16 April 2019 - 10:36 AM

Hi All:

My main character is a Paladin/Undead Hunter.  I am more than half into Baldur's Gate when I noticed he was changed.  He now is a Paladin/Fallen Undead Hunter.

Tried to fix him by donating large sums (2,000,000) of gold to a priest, but was told it was not enough to increase reputation.  Removed all equipment and nothing changed so I assume it was not caused by an item.  Exported him to the characters file and used Near Infinity to examine him.  I can read most Near Infinity stuff but am ignorant on how to use Near Infinity.  Found four sections: View,  Edit, Stats and Items/Spells.  In Flags in Edit, found ( Fallen Paladin (9)  Export allowed (11) ).  Clicked on flags and a list of them appeared.  Checked State Flags in Shadow Keeper.  I could could not match SK with NI.

I would appreciate any help about removing the Fallen Undead Hunter.  I prefer doing legally, but if that is too difficult I would use SK or NI.  I would also need instructions for NI.

Thanks for any help,

Tom

#303 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 12:03 PM

From what I know there is no way ingame to restore your paladin to become effectively a non-fallen one. Not even donating to the church will be enough.

Beside.... what have you done? Some cute videos about playing a TRUE (for roleplay) paladin:

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#304 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 718 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 02:51 PM

Hi All:

My main character is a Paladin/Undead Hunter.  I am more than half into Baldur's Gate when I noticed he was changed.  He now is a Paladin/Fallen Undead Hunter.

Tried to fix him by donating large sums (2,000,000) of gold to a priest, but was told it was not enough to increase reputation.  Removed all equipment and nothing changed so I assume it was not caused by an item.  Exported him to the characters file and used Near Infinity to examine him.  I can read most Near Infinity stuff but am ignorant on how to use Near Infinity.  Found four sections: View,  Edit, Stats and Items/Spells.  In Flags in Edit, found ( Fallen Paladin (9)  Export allowed (11) ).  Clicked on flags and a list of them appeared.  Checked State Flags in Shadow Keeper.  I could could not match SK with NI.

I would appreciate any help about removing the Fallen Undead Hunter.  I prefer doing legally, but if that is too difficult I would use SK or NI.  I would also need instructions for NI.

Thanks for any help,

Tom

I seem to recall that if you successfully finish all paladin related quests given by the Order of the Radiant heart you will be restored as paladin. If you are past that point there is no legal option, you can either cheat with Shadow Keeper ( or some other utility program ), quit or stubbornly keep going  at great disadvantage. Wish there was a mod which address this issues, giving you some options for redemption or new opportunities to keep going as a fallen one. 

#305 Shuv-Oohl

Shuv-Oohl
  • Modder
  • 113 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 04:32 PM

@tomkaz
Let's assume you did a separate save called "repair".

First spend enough gold, so that your ingame reputation is something like 10. This is in order to not fall instantaneously when opening the game.
Save this in your slot "repair". Now quit the game.

Open in NI in "Save" (between "PRO" and "Scripts") the dir "repair" and click here the file "BALDUR.GAM". Onthe upper rigth quarter of the screen choose your
fallen Char and press "View/Edit" underneath.

Choose the Tab "Edit" scroll down and click on "CRE file" (should be the last entry). Click again on "View/Edit".

Click on "Flags" (should be 5th line) and below there should come up 4 columns of check boxes. Uncheck the box "Fallen Paladin" and check
"Original class: Cleric" (I'm not sure about this, maybe should be Original class: Fighter or both of them. I just checked it with a Ranger kit and it worked of course with Original class: Ranger.)

Now just close all your cascading windows in reverse order and agree to save and overwrite existing files when prompted.

Start your game, open "repair" and voilà (ojalá).

#306 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 16 April 2019 - 08:53 PM

Hi Sergio:  Hi Greenhorn:

Thanks for your comments.  They did not cure the fallen Undead Hunter.  However, Shuv-Oohl has posted a fix.  See above this post.

Hi Shuv-Oohl:

Thanks for your solution.  It worked.  I had some problem with finding the green view/edit in:

"Choose the Tab "Edit" scroll down and click on "CRE file" (should be the last entry). Click again on "View/Edit".

Click on "Flags" (should be 5th line) and below there should come up 4 columns of check boxes. Uncheck the box "Fallen Paladin" and check "Original class: Cleric"

The problem was not your instructions but my unfamiliarity with NI. I found it on the third try.

Thanks again.  You have saved me many, many hours.  You are a terrific help to us who are amateurs at understanding the way these mods work.

TOM  

#307 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 18 April 2019 - 03:37 PM

Hi Shuv-Oohl:

I found a minor addition to fixing the paladin from Fallen Undead Hunter back to Undead Hunter.  It involves Shadow Keeper Proficiencies.

If you give the paladin any flag but the NI Original class:Ranger (8) or give the paladin multiple NI Original classes:, the paladins proficincies will be in the Shadow Keeper Proficiencies 2nd Class column.  If you give the paladin only the flag NI Original class:Ranger (8), the paladins proficincies will be in the Shadow Keeper Proficiencies 1st Class column.

I do not know what difference this makes if any or how this affects the paladins behavior.

Thanks again for your help,

Tom

#308 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 25 April 2019 - 12:27 PM

Hi All:

Finished Baldur's Gate.  Some problems but was able to work through the game.  ow all hell breaks loose.

I killed Sarevok, but there were only three companions not four.  Went yo Belt and told him Sarevov was dead.  Belt sends me to Athkatla and the trouble starts.  Some times Belt disappears and I am left in Duchal Palace.  Somtimes I end up in the woods captured by Mae'Var.  Then I am in the dungeon for an instant and then I fade to the story of my life.  Then I get a picture of the dungeon by the library.  I am in the dungeon with the genie and the sequence  plays.  I agree to get the genie's lamp and the game halts.  Well a quick three finger salute and I get the Windows Task Manager and Tobex Console windows on the screen.  The Windows Task Manager shows both Baldur's Gate II - Shadows of Amn - Throne of Bhaal ans Tobex Console are running.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get Baldur's Gate II running.  If I create a game with Baldur's Gate II it does install and run.

The mods I am using are the mods Leonardo lists in Big World Project v18.1 English.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Tom

#309 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 10:44 PM

I'm curious, can you publish your weidu in a spoiler? It's always a risk to do megamod installs...exactly for the issue you are facing now.

Beside, I've got another suggestion.  When you start a new megamod, you have to absolutely avoid these issues especially because they are excruciating to say the least, given that you spent a lot of time in your character. How? Enable debug mode, and do a fast playthrough of BGT. You'll need (at most) 2 hours, but you can see if there is something wrong by playing all three games.

Edited by Sergio, 25 April 2019 - 10:54 PM.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#310 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 06:38 AM

I'm curious, can you publish your weidu in a spoiler?

Be less curtious, as only Wisp should be publishing weidu.exe's today... unless he hands the rains to someone else... we don't want post weidu v185 situation any more ... :tease:

.. he hehehhe, yeah, you probably meant "can you post your weidu.log in spoilers" ...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#311 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 26 April 2019 - 01:00 PM

Hi Sergio:  Hi The Imp:

Thanks for your help.

I make no claims of being an expert using the Spellhold Studios website.   I am not sure what The Imp's comment meant.  I think he is saying not to send the WeiDU.exe file but to put it in a Spoiler.  First, I am using WeiDu.exe v24400.  That may help.

If you send instructions on how to upload the WeiDU.exe file into a Spoiler and it is permitted by Spellhold Studios to do that, I will sent it.  I think in the past, I was not allowed to upload exe files.  So I will change it to WeiDU.TXT if Spellhold Studios does not accept  WeiDU.EXE or WeiDU.

Tom

#312 EvilMax

EvilMax
  • 145 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 01:40 PM

Tom, you can open your weidu.log in Notepad or any other editor and paste inside the [spoiler] ... [/spoilr] tag.

Or just attach your log to the message (press More Reply options and use full editor).

Edited by EvilMax, 26 April 2019 - 01:44 PM.

#313 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 26 April 2019 - 04:02 PM

Hi EvilMax:

I opened WieDU.log in Notepad and saved it as WeiDU.txt.  Found Special BBCode in the 3rd box from the left on the top row.

Spoiler

I got this far, but cannot close and open the spoiler.

I will save and see what happens.

Tom

Edited by tomkaz, 26 April 2019 - 04:04 PM.

#314 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 26 April 2019 - 04:19 PM

Hi EvilMax:

Here it goes.

Spoiler

I cannot get WeiDU into the spoiler.  But as I posted earlier, its version is 24400.

Tom

Edited by tomkaz, 26 April 2019 - 04:21 PM.

#315 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 27 April 2019 - 10:06 AM

Hi All:

I tried to run a BG2 megamod game, but it crashed before I got into Athkatla.  So it looks like BGT is over for me.  I followed Leonardo's WeiDU.log, leaving out many mods.  The mods I kept I followed using the same components Leonado used.  But there must be other mods that are needed and I left them out.  Thanks to all for their help.  At least I can play Baldur's Gate in BGT, but it would be more fun if I could add Shadows of Amn and Throne of Bhaal.

I am going to try to play Big World Setup.  It has been a long time since I played it and I forgot how to set it up.  I would appreciate if someone would post where the instructions for BWS are posted.  In the meantime I will search for them.

TOM

#316 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 01:01 PM

Hi EvilMax:

I opened WieDU.log in Notepad and saved it as WeiDU.txt. 

You don't need to do this... if you just double click the file in the game folder and assign Notepad as the default program to open .log files, it will do so in the future ... so you don't need to have a second file, or a copy of a copy, and likely get confused in future when the file in your game folder is not the same you usually open, cause the file was updated.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#317 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 10:20 PM

Tomkaz to me your mod list is way too huge. I don't remember honestly if with BWP you can actually edit it to make it skip some components, but you got too many mods doing too many non-essential (at least to me) things. I realize that you may have actually sliced your mod list already a lot, but every component you install is a risk. Leonardo did a hell of a job, but in some cases it may still not prove to be enough

Before giving up I would remove some of the mods you are using because they are not... well... to me, essential to a playthrough. To me 'essential' means that they have to actually add new cool things to baldur's gate and feel like they belong here from the start (would I confuse it for vanilla content, if I lost my memory?).

Before starting I would like to say you one thing. With BGT you can use Vlad compilation, and that is reason enough not to switch to EE for now. Beside, your idea of using Bws, if you don't have EE, will turn out a failure.

Anyway these are the first mods I would remove from your "megamod" install:

Spoiler

Edited by Sergio, 28 April 2019 - 10:22 PM.

#318 EvilMax

EvilMax
  • 145 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 12:24 AM

Sergio, can I ask about some selections?

CtB, RoT, Drizzt Saga - understandeable: suggested to be removed by NEJ and Keldorn Romance and by bugs. Dark Horizons is mostly assasinations and giving quite overpowered items from start.

But Bonehill despite having a bit bugged second part is generally Ok. Especially after being stripped by MegaMod installation of some owerpowered items. Grey Clan too - just a quest mod.

And why to remove Klatu, Improved Asylum and BP (in case BP AI isn't selected together with SCS AI) as they are tweaks, AI and some tactical challenge?

Edited by EvilMax, 29 April 2019 - 12:24 AM.

#319 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 03:20 AM

Yes, you certainly can and thanks for asking.

For the first three you got the idea generally.

For Dark Horizons you can find my personal ideas here: https://forums.beamd...ons-released/p8 [there are a couple of posts where I dissected: technical issues, execution of the mod, the way the story plays]

Bonehill: Well, I don't like to play while having the feeling there may be a bug and I'm losing precious time. When I was a kid I would not mind at all bugs... but nowadays they really irk me in the wrong way. I want to relax when playing.. something that came due to the stress that I endure in real life. This actually shaped the way I play nowadays. I wait the latest patch for every game before starting them, I just methodically make a list of the games that may appeal to me but won’t play them until they are fixed.
With Bg I make an exception, provided that there are still modders around kind enough to hear what I write (E.g Jastey).

Klatu, I remember to have used in the past, but honestly it seems more focused on cheats or debatable Qol fixes for other mods. There are some useful components I see there (E.g: Identify all store items, Fix Wild Mage Items and Spells, etc.) but I found that with a careful picks of mods, you may not face these issues at all. What I mean is, this mod fixes something that is broken but that, as player, I should absolutely avoid breaking.

BP Ai: I already had a clash about it with The Imp. The thing is, I don’t know if it was fixed but when I played it I actually asked the old mantainer of BWS to actually include it into the expert selection because it was simply broken. The old mantainer didn’t believe me, unluckily, but after Kreso tried it too, BP was inserted into the expert selection. Anyway, I had issues like mages attacking each other, the ai simply being broken, etc, etc. And I didn’t use it coupled with SCS. In fact for some games I actually went for BP AI because I wanted a better AI without going for SCS. Nowadays, BP is subbed by questpack AI (and Questpack AI can even be used together with SCS)!.

Improved Asylum: You caught me in this one. I skimmed through the readme and I’ve got a personal and not objective prejudice against the mod - next time I will play it though, just to see how good it is.
My prejudice here:

Spoiler

#320 EvilMax

EvilMax
  • 145 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 05:41 AM

Got it, Sergio. Thank you for answering.

Actually AI is a sensitive question for me. I got broken AI when chosen SCS+BP some time (like mages attacking melee). In current istallation it is generally ok, but I don't like an issue when dialog starting member of a group could be taunted from his pals and then dealt with or even having his pals non-hostile (but not sure it is BP AI).