Photo

BWPv18 released

• Please log in to reply
309 replies to this topic

#301 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 4716 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 03:57 AM

Does anyone know if Lost Crossroads SpellpackB6 is still maintained?

Looking of it's forums here... there hasn't been update sinse 2017... but I think I have seen Galactygon in the G3 forums, so presuming he is still active, just hit him in the correct forum and go from there.

The secondary types chart could be overwritten by multiple mods in a megamod, especially with this old mods... meaning that it could probably be fixed by the right person easily with current weidu code ... but that needs knowledge of the exact mods that are involved. And updates to each.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#302 EvilMax

EvilMax
  • 117 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 05:54 AM

Code was 0, so I beleive that problem is not in overwritten codes. Thank you for the tips.

#303 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 904 posts

Donator

Posted 16 April 2019 - 10:36 AM

Hi All:

My main character is a Paladin/Undead Hunter.  I am more than half into Baldur's Gate when I noticed he was changed.  He now is a Paladin/Fallen Undead Hunter.

Tried to fix him by donating large sums (2,000,000) of gold to a priest, but was told it was not enough to increase reputation.  Removed all equipment and nothing changed so I assume it was not caused by an item.  Exported him to the characters file and used Near Infinity to examine him.  I can read most Near Infinity stuff but am ignorant on how to use Near Infinity.  Found four sections: View,  Edit, Stats and Items/Spells.  In Flags in Edit, found ( Fallen Paladin (9)  Export allowed (11) ).  Clicked on flags and a list of them appeared.  Checked State Flags in Shadow Keeper.  I could could not match SK with NI.

I would appreciate any help about removing the Fallen Undead Hunter.  I prefer doing legally, but if that is too difficult I would use SK or NI.  I would also need instructions for NI.

Thanks for any help,

Tom

#304 Sergio

Sergio
  • 753 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 12:03 PM

From what I know there is no way ingame to restore your paladin to become effectively a non-fallen one. Not even donating to the church will be enough.

Beside.... what have you done? Some cute videos about playing a TRUE (for roleplay) paladin:

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#305 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 579 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 02:51 PM

Hi All:

My main character is a Paladin/Undead Hunter.  I am more than half into Baldur's Gate when I noticed he was changed.  He now is a Paladin/Fallen Undead Hunter.

Tried to fix him by donating large sums (2,000,000) of gold to a priest, but was told it was not enough to increase reputation.  Removed all equipment and nothing changed so I assume it was not caused by an item.  Exported him to the characters file and used Near Infinity to examine him.  I can read most Near Infinity stuff but am ignorant on how to use Near Infinity.  Found four sections: View,  Edit, Stats and Items/Spells.  In Flags in Edit, found ( Fallen Paladin (9)  Export allowed (11) ).  Clicked on flags and a list of them appeared.  Checked State Flags in Shadow Keeper.  I could could not match SK with NI.

I would appreciate any help about removing the Fallen Undead Hunter.  I prefer doing legally, but if that is too difficult I would use SK or NI.  I would also need instructions for NI.

Thanks for any help,

Tom

I seem to recall that if you successfully finish all paladin related quests given by the Order of the Radiant heart you will be restored as paladin. If you are past that point there is no legal option, you can either cheat with Shadow Keeper ( or some other utility program ), quit or stubbornly keep going  at great disadvantage. Wish there was a mod which address this issues, giving you some options for redemption or new opportunities to keep going as a fallen one. 

#306 Shuv-Oohl

Shuv-Oohl
  • 91 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 04:32 PM

@tomkaz
Let's assume you did a separate save called "repair".

First spend enough gold, so that your ingame reputation is something like 10. This is in order to not fall instantaneously when opening the game.
Save this in your slot "repair". Now quit the game.

Open in NI in "Save" (between "PRO" and "Scripts") the dir "repair" and click here the file "BALDUR.GAM". Onthe upper rigth quarter of the screen choose your
fallen Char and press "View/Edit" underneath.

Choose the Tab "Edit" scroll down and click on "CRE file" (should be the last entry). Click again on "View/Edit".

Click on "Flags" (should be 5th line) and below there should come up 4 columns of check boxes. Uncheck the box "Fallen Paladin" and check
"Original class: Cleric" (I'm not sure about this, maybe should be Original class: Fighter or both of them. I just checked it with a Ranger kit and it worked of course with Original class: Ranger.)

Now just close all your cascading windows in reverse order and agree to save and overwrite existing files when prompted.

Start your game, open "repair" and voilà (ojalá).

#307 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 904 posts

Donator

Posted 16 April 2019 - 08:53 PM

Hi Sergio:  Hi Greenhorn:

Thanks for your comments.  They did not cure the fallen Undead Hunter.  However, Shuv-Oohl has posted a fix.  See above this post.

Hi Shuv-Oohl:

Thanks for your solution.  It worked.  I had some problem with finding the green view/edit in:

"Choose the Tab "Edit" scroll down and click on "CRE file" (should be the last entry). Click again on "View/Edit".

Click on "Flags" (should be 5th line) and below there should come up 4 columns of check boxes. Uncheck the box "Fallen Paladin" and check "Original class: Cleric"

The problem was not your instructions but my unfamiliarity with NI. I found it on the third try.

Thanks again.  You have saved me many, many hours.  You are a terrific help to us who are amateurs at understanding the way these mods work.

TOM  

#308 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 904 posts

Donator

Posted 18 April 2019 - 03:37 PM

Hi Shuv-Oohl:

I found a minor addition to fixing the paladin from Fallen Undead Hunter back to Undead Hunter.  It involves Shadow Keeper Proficiencies.

If you give the paladin any flag but the NI Original class:Ranger (8) or give the paladin multiple NI Original classes:, the paladins proficincies will be in the Shadow Keeper Proficiencies 2nd Class column.  If you give the paladin only the flag NI Original class:Ranger (8), the paladins proficincies will be in the Shadow Keeper Proficiencies 1st Class column.

I do not know what difference this makes if any or how this affects the paladins behavior.

Thanks again for your help,

Tom

#309 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 904 posts

Donator

Posted Yesterday, 12:27 PM

Hi All:

Finished Baldur's Gate.  Some problems but was able to work through the game.  ow all hell breaks loose.

I killed Sarevok, but there were only three companions not four.  Went yo Belt and told him Sarevov was dead.  Belt sends me to Athkatla and the trouble starts.  Some times Belt disappears and I am left in Duchal Palace.  Somtimes I end up in the woods captured by Mae'Var.  Then I am in the dungeon for an instant and then I fade to the story of my life.  Then I get a picture of the dungeon by the library.  I am in the dungeon with the genie and the sequence  plays.  I agree to get the genie's lamp and the game halts.  Well a quick three finger salute and I get the Windows Task Manager and Tobex Console windows on the screen.  The Windows Task Manager shows both Baldur's Gate II - Shadows of Amn - Throne of Bhaal ans Tobex Console are running.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get Baldur's Gate II running.  If I create a game with Baldur's Gate II it does install and run.

The mods I am using are the mods Leonardo lists in Big World Project v18.1 English.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Tom

#310 Sergio

Sergio
  • 753 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:44 PM

I'm curious, can you publish your weidu in a spoiler? It's always a risk to do megamod installs...exactly for the issue you are facing now.

Beside, I've got another suggestion.  When you start a new megamod, you have to absolutely avoid these issues especially because they are excruciating to say the least, given that you spent a lot of time in your character. How? Enable debug mode, and do a fast playthrough of BGT. You'll need (at most) 2 hours, but you can see if there is something wrong by playing all three games.

Edited by Sergio, Yesterday, 10:54 PM.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.