Creature Revisions - Part I

• Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

#241 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 12:13 PM

No, not good. We don't have the proper "flying" shadow animations, no animations at all for the creature itself.
And I can say it for sure, there won't be anything that flawed in Refinements.
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#242 Jinnai

Jinnai

Bye Sanzo! You'll play with me again next time?

• 377 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 08:55 PM

Even in their lairs, they usually have them big enough so that they can jump on higher rock ledges with ease. Then while up there and looking down, they'll blast breath weapon on the party who is now trapped in their layer. Kinda the old addative of changing a weakness into a strength.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#243 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 09:30 PM

Now. I really don't like repeating the same thing over and over, but I'm surprised you guys don't see the major flaws in this idea. While I'd gladly make Dragons fly, this engine was not build to normally support this. If there are flying creatures in BG2 (Wyverns for example), they also attack just over the ground, they aren't benefiting from their flying capabilities. And Dragons are entirely different:
- they lack ALL the required sequences and frames for these animations;
- they lack all the required shadows;
- their lairs are REALLY too small for any flying movement. Yes, they could jump as Jinnai suggests, but again, not a single animation for that one either.

And again, sorry, but we won't add an "improvement" that would make them look completely unfinished. -_-
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#244 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 10:13 PM

Well for the flying animation I was thinking you couldldn't actually see the dragon at all. All you'd see is the shadow. Heck, you could turn a wyvren animation into a tolerable shadow for that. Still, it wouldn't be perfect no matter what you did, since as you said the game engine doesn't support it.

#245 Schatten

Schatten

tomo the homo

• 1208 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 10:16 PM

i think just make them stronger is enough. though i like it to implement flying dragons but jumping dragons is not my kind of fun. especially since their lairs are not made for that, imo.
gentoo sex is updatedb; locate; talk; date; cd; strip; look; touch; finger; unzip; uptime; gawk; head; emerge --oneshot condom; mount; fsck; gasp; more; yes; yes; yes; more; umount; emerge -C condom; make clean; sleep.

#246 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 11:37 PM

I could be kinda funny though. Imagine the damage if a dragon jumped and landed on someone. ;)

#247 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 12:24 AM

I could be kinda funny though. Imagine the damage if a dragon jumped and landed on someone. ;)

*GISH!*

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#248 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 01:02 AM

Can you imagine trying to rez that? :D