Photo

RTW FAQ's

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 alson

alson
  • 143 posts

Posted 07 February 2003 - 07:14 AM

Everyone who´s written a NPC mod is free to add some interjections once the mod is finished (or perhaps before) and we will give every support we can, but writing the dialogues is not our job.

Heh... Allow me to rephrase: Have you contacted Weimer / Jason (any other currently active, non-beta NPCs?) about mutual writing of dialogues for their respective NPCs? :-)

#22 Dyara

Dyara
  • 262 posts

Posted 07 February 2003 - 07:53 AM

Afaik no ;), perhaps when we have a final beta ready.

#23 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 01:23 PM

This may sound a bit cheeky, but - why not?

Because I spent the first eight months of this project writing dialogue. I have since spent my time removing bugs and adding to the stuff we have, as well as planning out ideas for the stuff that's still to come.

To put it simply, I haven't played with the new characters for more than a few minutes, so I honestly wouldn't want to write them at this stage. More importantly, I feel it is better that the creators retain control of their characters, deciding where they speak up, where the VO comes in, and what they say.

Heh... Allow me to rephrase: Have you contacted Weimer / Jason (any other currently active, non-beta NPCs?) about mutual writing of dialogues for their respective NPCs? :-)

Yes.

#24 LarryTheArcher

LarryTheArcher
  • 178 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 05:40 PM

Release Date?
Irenicus: Now I have my revenge!

Protagonist: You talk to much...

Irenicus: (It came with the soul...)

#25 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 05:36 AM

Release Date?

View Post

#26 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 01:28 PM

2???

I'll share a bit, just a very little bit of Quitch's optimism when we'll manage to pump out that fabled "next build". How can we talk about release when months and months pass before getting just a new build? ;)

Ever forward, my darling wind...

#27 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 02:28 PM

2???

You always know how to cheer up people waiting(?) for a project like this..! :D :turnip2:
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#28 LarryTheArcher

LarryTheArcher
  • 178 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 03:44 PM

:gun: :lol:

I'm looking forward to the mod, regardless of your infighting, lack of co-ordination, or whatever is going on to slow it down... have fun, but make sure its complete (In other words: Take your time.)

#29 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 06:51 AM

Here that? We need to slow down the blistering pace.

#30 Michel

Michel

Damn. I'm good!

• 1003 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 09:07 AM

I must say, it's pretty weird that people are willing to wait 2 years and when they get told that its going to take a while longer , they just say "Ok. I'll wait."

#31 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 09:10 AM

Thats because they don't have any other options Michel. ;)
Posted Image

#32 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 01:43 PM

I realize that players are now frustrated by the delays, but alas the extimations have always been far too optimistic.
The team hadn't the pace to release in 2004 so far, and it hasn't the pace now to hope in a 2005 release (even though, *at the moment*, I am the only team member who dares to say it ;) Does the name CassandraLittiz tell you something, TG? :D :P)

The other side of the coin is that when it will be out, there will be little [no] comparison to RTW: this I feel quite entitled to say, as well.

That's why I suggested new screenshots or something, so people could see that it's worth the wait. But I can't decide alone :)

#33 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 01:58 PM

Does the name CassandraLittiz tell you something, TG?

Oh, I got it! CassandraLittiz is a nasty curse on mods - wherever (s)he appears, a mod fails to meet it's announced deadline! :rolleyes:
Yeh, this must be it.. :P

The other side of the coin is that when it will be out, there will be little [no] comparison to RTW

I tell you something, and note that this is only a personal opinion: I do not give a damn if a good project reaches a near-perfect level after a few additional releases (v1.1, v1.2, etc..) - if I would have the option, I'd never wait for a mod that is being developed since 2002, and promises that it will be "so much special and bugfree" won't change the fact that it remains a far vision instead reality. No matter how "perfect" you make it, there will be dozens of players complaining about various parts of the mod, and it is 99,99% that there will be remaining bug(s) or unexpected game exploits. If you intend to eradicate every little option, than you have to think as other players would think in that exact situation - and that is not likely to happen.
But as I said in my last post though, we don't have an option here.
Posted Image

#34 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 02:10 PM

We're wearing them down.

#35 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 02:46 PM

and promises that it will be "so much special and bugfree" won't change the fact that it remains a far vision instead reality

Never promised anything about "bugfreedom" :)
But I see your point: you're fearing that I'm "imposing" my obsessive methods even here, and so delaying the release...

The problem is different: some things have still to be completed, and it takes time, especially at this speed. Of course, we *could* change pace... it's just something that didn't happen so far, so I don't foresee it happening in the future.
We just go on with our parts of the job, and it takes a lot more time than extimated when it comes down to put things in and let them work together.
But we will get to the end, somehow :)

Oh, and BTW: RtW failed many release dates even before "my time" :P :D

Edited by Littiz, 16 November 2004 - 02:52 PM.

#36 LarryTheArcher

LarryTheArcher
  • 178 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 04:48 PM

Omg... you are both annoying. I guess another skill to your resume would be... argueing!?

STFU both of you, and work to get at least the 2005 release done. I don't care if its bug-free or not, as long as the bugs aren't fatal, but I want the bloody content. Both of you are whining about it not getting done fast enough, but you can't get anything done standing here and bitching at eavch other like married dogs. Sopt it and be a bloody team, like you are both supposed to! Take your time, but dont make no time!!!

Edited by LarryTheArcher, 16 November 2004 - 10:20 PM.

#37 LarryTheArcher

LarryTheArcher
  • 178 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 04:51 PM

Here that?  We need to slow down the blistering pace.

View Post

What I meant was, as long as this sin't a Tiberian Sun (We'll wait 5 years so it must be good... WTF!? WHAT IS THIS CRAP!?) type of situation. Slow down you obvioulsy maniacal pace :wacko:

I udnerstnad you should take your time, but argueing about things obviously means you currently have NO PACE AT ALL.

#38 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 01:27 AM

Yeah, me and Littiz don't get on, it's like one never ending flame war on the list. Don't even get me started on Xyx... phew, when we agree on something it's a miracle of God. The only person who remains focused and never distracted is Cuv.

But I hate the rest of them... HATE THEM ALL!

Anyway, I see no reason, not one, why this mod will not be out next year.

#39 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 08:29 AM

Oh, and BTW: RtW failed many release dates even before "my time"

I know, and I wasn't referring to your "obsessive ways" when I said things proceed slowly. ;)

Omg... you are both annoying. I guess another skill to your resume would be... argueing!?

Yeah, me and Littiz don't get on, it's like one never ending flame war on the list.

Larry, at first I thought you were referring to Littiz and me :D .
Hmm, Littiz, it seems you have an "argument-aura" around you, don't you think..? :rolleyes:
Just joking of course, but anyway, the thought has some merit. :nana:
Posted Image

#40 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 11:07 AM

Yeah, me and Littiz don't get on, it's like one never ending flame war on the list.

Come on, we've proved to be quite a productive duo, inside the team.
You just hate to admit it :P
I don't remember warring with you that much, frankly... ^_^

The only person who remains focused and never distracted is Cuv.

Since I've coded everything that was available to code so far, I'm entitled to get distracted a bit :P

But I hate the rest of them... HATE THEM ALL!

We are more similar than you'd think, then :)
(referring to a good 98% of the world population, I mean...)

Hmm, Littiz, it seems you have an "argument-aura" around you, don't you think..?

No, he lied indeed.

Edited by Littiz, 17 November 2004 - 11:09 AM.