Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 03:31 AM

Eei, I agree...

Feanor's Find Out Information skill: 10

Sir K's diplomacy skill: 109949392.245

Anyways.. From what little you've shown us of this mod Sir K., it looks absolutely wonderful - the concept is truly masterful, and the dialogues you've posted are intriguing. Congratulations to the authors of those banters, they are very, very good :)

Edited by K'aeloree, 28 June 2005 - 03:42 AM.

#62 Sir Kalthorine

Sir Kalthorine

Order of Radiant Ugliness

• Modder
  • 2188 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 04:10 AM

Thanks for the encouragement K'aeloree, it is much appreciated :)

But, as a druid, does she take an interest in protecting nature against any harm (have in mind the Druid Grove quest) ?

Brace yourself...

YES!

(see, I do give straight answers occasionally!... ^_^ )

Although more "Yes, but...", actually, since she may discover some rather more pressing and personal reasons of her own for taking an interest in the Druid Grove quest as well... or, then again, she may not. B)

KACH_TS.jpg Chrysta... could helping her to uncover her past threaten your own future?

"Pity the land in need of Heroes."- Bertolt Brecht
"A little madness, now and then, is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

#63 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 08:21 AM

Eei, I agree...

Feanor's Find Out Information skill: 10

Sir K's diplomacy skill: 109949392.245

One day... One day... I will make Sir K let a spoiler slip. :P

or, then again, she may not. 

I'll kill you. :D :P

#64 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 10:06 PM

I am rather looking forward to this project, given who is working on it, but one thing troubles me:

Is she romanceable?
Absolutely. She will be romanceable by males of any race, and possibly females as well (undecided as yet). Her main plot and subquests are not at all dependent on her being romanced, however, although there may be subtle differences and additions if she is.

I have to admit, I feel uncomfortable around lesbian romances, not to mention that it probably breaks PG-13 standard. Could you please clarify the matter? Will Crysta be romanceable by both genders or by males only?

Edited by Kulyok, 28 September 2005 - 10:08 PM.

#65 Sir Kalthorine

Sir Kalthorine

• Modder
  • 2188 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 11:26 PM

I have to admit, I feel uncomfortable around lesbian romances, not to mention that it probably breaks PG-13 standard. Could you please clarify the matter? Will Crysta be romanceable by both genders or by males only?

Actually this is one of the few areas I am prepared to spoil on... after careful consideration, the romance part of the mod will be written as a male-only romance. I do not personally have anything against lesbian romances, but it doesn't sit right with the way Chrysta is developing.

KACH_TS.jpg Chrysta... could helping her to uncover her past threaten your own future?

#66 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 08:54 AM

View Post

I don't understand why a homosexual relationship would break the PG-13 standard, while a heterosexual relationship would not. Same-gender love isn't more "adult" than opposite-gender love, per se. If it was about the adult content in Mods, I understand. If it's simply about same gender=wrong, then I respectfully disagree. :)

My apologies. I was merely curious as I am the author of the now-sleeping Lockheart Romance, a lesbian romance Mod that would focus on "romance", rather than "lesbian".

However, since Sir K. has replied, I'll refrain from ranting and end my message here. Please, do not start a discussion about the different views of homosexuality. It could take forever and would be very unpleasant. ^_^

Edited by Moongaze, 29 September 2005 - 08:55 AM.

#67 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 09:11 PM

blah blah no blah spoilers blah blah

Fine, keep your secrets, but as some of what you're hinting at sounds vaguely similar to some ideas I'd independently developed over the last month and a half, any chance I could get you to fill out something along these lines, either publicly there or privately to me? Once you fall back onto the face of the earth, I mean *sigh*

Second, after reading your comments on beta-testing Saerileth and its utility in learning WeiDU and IE coding, I volunteer to beta test Chrysta...someone point out the specific link for this sort of offer that likely exists but I'm missing, willya?

[EDIT]As for lesbian romances breaking the PG-13 standard, there's certainly no objective reason that they would, but in my experience most of these rating schemes couldn't poke objectivity with a ten-foot pole. I imagine the issue is the "controversial" nature of same-sex relationships. Since I personally oppose making concessions to unreasonable people, as a matter of principle, I intend to ignore this sort of "concern" with my own mod design and recommend you do likewise...

Actually, I don't think anything I made would ever make PG-13... :D

Edited by Azzathoth, 17 December 2005 - 09:16 PM.

"Tyranny is a quiet thing at first, a prim and proper lady pursing her lips and shaking her head disapprovingly, asking, well what were you doing (wearing that dress, walking home at that hour, expressing those inappropriate thoughts) anyway? It's subtle and insidious, disguised as reasonable precautions which become more and more oppressive over time, until our lives are defined by the things we must avoid. She's easy enough to agree with, after all, she's only trying to help -- and yet she's one of the most dangerous influences we face, because if she prevails, it puts the raping, robbing, axe-wielding madmen of the world in complete control. Eventually they'll barely need to wield a thing, all they'll have to do is leer menacingly and we fall all over ourselves trying to placate them." -godlizard

#68 Sir Kalthorine

Sir Kalthorine

• Modder
  • 2188 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 06:02 AM

Fine, keep your secrets, but as some of what you're hinting at sounds vaguely similar to some ideas I'd independently developed over the last month and a half, any chance I could get you to fill out something along these lines, either publicly there or privately to me? Once you fall back onto the face of the earth, I mean *sigh*

Having recently touched down on Planet SHS again, I can confirm that I will happily provide you with the info you requested. Expect to hear from me in the next day or so. :)

EDIT: As of 11/01/006, the Wiki entry has now been modified to include Chrysta.

Second, after reading your comments on beta-testing Saerileth and its utility in learning WeiDU and IE coding, I volunteer to beta test Chrysta...someone point out the specific link for this sort of offer that likely exists but I'm missing, willya?

You haven?t missed the volunteer link, as I haven?t even started canvassing for playtesters yet (there is still a lot of work to do before we get close to that bag o? monkeys!). However, thank you for you kind offer and I will certainly make a careful note of your offer - and I promise that I will get back in touch once I start thinking about beta testing. Thanks again.

Edited by Sir Kalthorine, 11 January 2006 - 06:47 AM.

#69 Dragon Lord

Dragon Lord
  • 78 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 09:15 AM

I just wanted to say again that I love this project. I always like new NPCs, and also anything romancable. So, go Sir K, go! Oh, and I love this smiley:

:fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish:

#70 --Alessia--

--Alessia--

Posted 17 August 2008 - 05:54 PM

Is there any progress towards an answer on wether she will be romancable by female pc's? My tuppence worth is that there are so many 'male only' romances floating around that a bi character would be very very welcome. Don't feel pressured by anyone who tries to force you by saying things like 'if it has (optional) xyz' I won't play it.

#71 -Bohrs-

-Bohrs-

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:51 AM

Please, don't stop man !!!! I'm waiting for this mod for 2 years now and I swear to you that you will not be the only one left playing this game or in this forum!!! Not making you rush, but please, at least say that you are still working on this!!!

I know it sounded a bit crazy, my English is really bad, but I think you get the message ;)

Good luck and keep the good work!

#72 -fina92-

-fina92-

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:03 PM

How are we coming along here? Not another amazing-looking project dead again I hope..?? :crying: