NWN animations to BG2

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#21 Seifer

Seifer

The best Anti-Paladin weapon is a tin opener...!

• 4505 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 03:14 AM

These are the ones I've used with no problem. I'll try and get started on the tutorial later on.

http://www.maxplugin...ax5.php?search=

Do a search for bioware under the Max 5 database and they should arise.

Seif

how come you always look so damn cool in every photo I see you in?!?

Speaking of modding, I listened to IER 3 yesterday, so you can have another quote for your signature: how come you sound so damn cool, as well as look it? It's unfair. Seriously.

Still a cyberjock, still hacking the matrix, still unsure of what that means.

TeamBG member - http://www.teambg.eu

#22 Nerik

Nerik
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 10:46 AM

One thing I didn't notice until Galactygon pointed it out - the pit fiend animation doesn't have a shadow! (just call me Mr. Oblivious :unsure:)

Leaving aside the metaphysical discussion as to whether or not a supernarural, other-planar creature should cast a shadow on the prime plane or not :whistling: could a version with a shadow be produced, please ?

Although I've a horrible feeling that this would need a re-render, followed by putting all the animation frames into the correct .BAM files - which gives me a headach just thinking about it, sorry. :ermm:

Apart from that, I've tried it out, and it looks fine!

Any plans to do any more? :D

Thanks

Charles

#23 -WoRm-

-WoRm-

Posted 04 May 2005 - 09:58 PM

One thing I didn't notice until Galactygon pointed it out - the pit fiend animation doesn't have a shadow! (just call me Mr. Oblivious  :unsure:)

Leaving aside the metaphysical discussion as to whether or not a supernarural, other-planar creature should cast a shadow on the prime plane or not  :whistling: could a version with a shadow be produced, please ?

Although I've a horrible feeling that this would need a re-render, followed by putting all the animation frames into the correct .BAM files - which gives me a headach just thinking about it, sorry.  :ermm:

Apart from that, I've tried it out, and it looks fine!

Any plans to do any more? :D

Thanks

Charles

View Post

Hello all...sorry about the delays been busy (=
I will be doing a major upload/update tommorow 5/6/05 pm 11e.s.t
including an updated Pit Fiend (now with shadows!! and smoother animations)
also I will be introducing several new creature animations (also all including shadows) from NWN namely.
1) Osyluth
2) Hamatula (Spiny Devil)
3) Scarecrow...or pumkinhead (however you want to use it)
4) Night Hag
5) Bebilith (Spider looking demon a.k.a Retriever)
6) Demon Golem
7) Trolloc (Boar headed)
8) Were-Bat

also I will be giving up about 17 areas made in 3ds max (mostly a haunted church/graveyard/scary forest theme)
sorry it took so long...I needed to sort them out since they all reside in my override I had to open them and see what special custom animations and sounds I needed to include ...also to strip out any string references for info triggers.
more will be periodically added as my time permits.

and lastly to seifer ..I have not forgotten you either but I have been making better progress with the NWN->BG2 animations and I really want to nail down the how to...before writing a how-to.

also I am still open to suggestions for animations from NWN you'd like to see...all in all it takes me about 2-3 hrs from the time I decide what creature I want to create as a BG2 BAM avatar to the actual completetion of said creature. all in all its not bad now that I have a very decent system of doing it...and in all actuality i thoroughly enjoy doing it ...so request away!

thanks for all the encouragement shown so far!

-worm

#24 Thorium Dragon

Thorium Dragon

Hard at work...

• Modder
  • 408 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 08:13 AM

request away!

View Post

How about the NWN dragons? I think it would be nice to have smaller, younger dragons available in BG2.

I don't know how practical this is.

Mod in Progress: Valen Expansion

#25 -Nerik @ work-

-Nerik @ work-

Posted 06 May 2005 - 12:00 AM

...so request away!

Are there any Balors in NWN? if so, one of those please.
Also any celestials (I seem to remember someone mentioning there is a Deva or Planetar in NWN) would give us some variety.

Charles

#26 -WoRm-

-WoRm-

Posted 11 May 2005 - 09:45 PM

Ok...here is a image of several of the new creature animations...

Posted Image

unfortunately I only have like 20MB of space available at geocities so I can only make a few creatures available at a time...so I have put up the Scarecrow and the osyluth animation for now...so get em' while you can because in a week or so I will have to delete them to put up more..(or you can email me and I can send you the ones(s) you want.

thanks

and yes there are balors, and celestials and I have already started the porting process (=

and as for the dragon animations, trust me I have tried, but unless I can find out how to split up an animation they are not very feasible....because of the 256x256 size restriction...i.e a majority of the animations have the wings spread out and such that in order to keep the creature within the bounding frames it would have to be very,very small....we're talking gibberling like small.
but if thats alright with you I could do it and send it to you. (baby dragons??)

thanks ...I'll keep you posted on the updates

(sorry about the pit fiend...him and the bebilith are the largest files....so I will probably upload them last.)

#27 -WoRm-

-WoRm-

Posted 11 May 2005 - 09:53 PM

Ok...here as promised are 2 new creature animations the Scarecrow (construct) and Osyluth (Devil)

Scarecrow Creature Animation

Osyluth Creature Animation

both files contain a test creature that contains spell casting abilities so you can try out the creatures right away...just plop it in your override and play!

#28 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 11 May 2005 - 09:58 PM

sorry...here are the real links.

scarecrow animation

Osyluth Animation

#29 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 11 May 2005 - 10:00 PM

use (right click) ..'Save Target As...' if you can't get the link to work

#30 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 06:02 AM

To be honest that night hag, pit fiend and bebilith I find interesting. Are you going to put them all on one site?

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos
Living on Wings of Dreams

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#31 Nerik

Nerik
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 06:31 AM

I think if you ask them Black Wyrm Lair would be happy to host these animations - and it ties in with what they're doing as well.

I have just had a horrible feeling I've mentioned this before - if so, just ignore me :online2long:

Charles

#32 Galactygon

Galactygon

Modding since 2002

• 938 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 01:20 PM

Are the shadows semi-translucent or black?

I am interested in seeing the following creatures in BG2:

1.) Demi-lich
2.) Lich
3.) Eyeball
4.) Beholder
5.) Mindflayer
6.) Gelatinous Cube
7.) Manticore
8.) Medusa
9.) Sphinx
10.) Battle & Helmed Horrors
11.) Dryad
12.) Nixie
13.) Nymph

... and pretty much everything that has a BG counterpart (including Celestials).

-Galactygon

Edited by Galactygon, 14 May 2005 - 01:34 PM.

Posted Image

#33 -Valiant - BG2CZ modder - unregis-

-Valiant - BG2CZ modder - unregis-

Posted 19 May 2005 - 09:59 AM

Hi guys :)

If itīs possible I would like to know the real .MDL filenames of creatures that are on the picture above. Namely the Pit Fiend ,PC Necromancer and PC fighter/mage. The reason is I want to rip them by myself, probably change some textures and so.... :whistling:

THX a lot.... :blink:

Valiant :w00t:

#34 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 03:33 AM

These animations sound great, I'll give them a try as soon as I find some time.

Keep the new ones coming! :thumb:
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#35 Seifer

Seifer

The best Anti-Paladin weapon is a tin opener...!

• 4505 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 05:32 AM

Using this manner its possible to get WCIII animations as well.

how come you always look so damn cool in every photo I see you in?!?

Speaking of modding, I listened to IER 3 yesterday, so you can have another quote for your signature: how come you sound so damn cool, as well as look it? It's unfair. Seriously.

Still a cyberjock, still hacking the matrix, still unsure of what that means.

TeamBG member - http://www.teambg.eu

#36 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 10:47 PM

Yes, but they aren't the same quality as the NWN ones, as I remember.
Posted Image

#37 afireinside

afireinside
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 05:55 AM

Using this manner its possible to get WCIII animations as well.

View Post

I dont think this would work very well.. far too cartoony for bg..
love WCIII tho!
I'M NINJA Posted Image you can't see me

#38 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 01:54 AM

I dont think this would work very well.. far too cartoony for bg..

Yep, thats what I meant. Though I admit, some of the monster animations might work.
Posted Image

#39 -WoRm-

-WoRm-

Posted 29 May 2005 - 12:08 AM

Hello again...been awhile...looks like I have some questions to answr first so here goes:

1) @ Valient: The MDL for the pit fiend I used is demon2.mdl (demon2.tga(texture)) this is a custom creature from NWN Vault
as for amel and vedred there are no real mdl files..they are my pc's I played in NWN and using NWN tools I extracted each body part and re-imported into the blank human animation model. (tutorial to follow later)

2) @afireinside: Hmmm....I am not having any problems..although I use DLTCEP for majority of BAM editing. did you try opening it with that first?

3) @Galactygon: the animations use a solid black for shadows BUT I DID make sure to set this 'solid black' to a unique number RGB 0,1,2 so from reading about DLTCEP you can set the second entry in pallette to whatever color you need..I just can't get it to work myself? anyone else know how? ( I also have alternate versions of all using the standard pink color for shadows but again can't get it to show transparency in game (still is pink??)

4) @ Deathsangel: I would put them up but for size restrictions on geocities..i mentioned before only 20MB...but If either here of the Black Wyrm forums can host em. I will flood the gates with custom content... (=

Ok...just an update
I will be removing the osyluth and scarecrow from my web and replacing with 2 new creatures in a few days....so I ask you the people...which 2 would you like to have next?

or are people more interested in the area graphics next??

I'd be able to put up like 3-4 areas within the size limitations...

#40 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 03:27 AM

Leave the areas for now, lets just concentrate on the character animations!

The Hamatula/Night Hag combo would be nice for the next row (since you said you will leave the Pit Fiend/Bebilith for last). ;)
Posted Image