• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

The great pretender... of modding!

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 08:17 PM

Note that I started the game without any mods, and only recently added them after reading the other thread that they might be compatable.

The Mephit ring does not add the +1 to strength that the description says it does.

- The transitioned former modder once known as MTS.

#2 -Guest_SleepingDog_*-

-Guest_SleepingDog_*-

Posted 21 April 2005 - 09:46 PM

There's a few "description" errors. The ring appears to add a bonus to saving throws (5). There is also a 2H sword (icon) which states its a longsword proficiency but it does not seem to be the case. There is a quarterstaff that claims to need a bastard sword proficiency. The last two are with sellers in Trademeet.

#3 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 01:34 AM

There's a few "description" errors. The ring appears to add a bonus to saving throws (5). There is also a 2H sword (icon) which states its a longsword proficiency but it does not seem to be the case. There is a quarterstaff that claims to need a bastard sword proficiency. The last two are with sellers in Trademeet.

thanks. I'll fix them in the next version.

Note that I started the game without any mods, and only recently added them after reading the other thread that they might be compatable.

The Mephit ring does not add the +1 to strength that the description says it does.

thanks again. :) I'll fix them in the next version.

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

Return To Trademeet (http://rtteng.altervista.org), my mod for Baldur's Gate 2. Try it! ;)

#4 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 02:03 AM

No problem, glad to help. Any chance of a ptach rather then a full dowload? Those of us with 56k would love you for it.

#5 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 02:58 AM

No problem, glad to help. Any chance of a ptach rather then a full dowload? Those of us with 56k would love you for it.

View Post

obviously :) there will be a very little patch.

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

Return To Trademeet (http://rtteng.altervista.org), my mod for Baldur's Gate 2. Try it! ;)

#6 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 10:32 AM

View Post

obviously :) there will be a very little patch.

View Post

Heh, that I can believe. Seems to be mostly bugless. I am quite impressed with this mod.

#7 Modret

Modret
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 05:44 PM

found some "bugs"
1. the ring of elements +2 doesn't give the +2 strenght
2. the Flails u can buy from Kristian are stackable (dunno if they were suppose to be or not)

Edited by Modret, 22 April 2005 - 05:52 PM.

#8 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 01:46 AM

1. the ring of elements +2 doesn't give the +2 strenght

I will fix it, thank you.

2. the Flails u can buy from Kristian are stackable (dunno if they were suppose to be or not)

If you mean you see four or five items with the same graphic, that isn't a bug. Usually one is magic and the others are not-magic. If you mean you can buy all the flails you want, that is a bug. I'll check it. :)

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

#9 Modret

Modret
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 06:28 AM

no, what i mean is when u buy the flails, they act like arrows, they are all put in 1 slot instead of like normall weapons where they all take 1 slot/weapon

#10 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 09:07 AM

no, what i mean is when u buy the flails, they act like arrows, they are all put in 1 slot instead of like normall weapons where they all take 1 slot/weapon

View Post

I see... well it's not a big bug but however is annoying. thank you. ;)

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

#11 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 24 April 2005 - 06:50 AM

I've just completed the quest to rescue the bard but the guide doesn't respawn to take me back to trademeet :( Is it safe for me to use the console to teleport back?

#12 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 09:20 AM

I've just completed the quest to rescue the bard but the guide doesn't respawn to take me back to trademeet  Is it safe for me to use the console to teleport back?

I'm really sorry for my bad english (my trusted proofreaders know it :) ) but I'm unsure of the meaning of *respawn*.

If you don't find the guide... look for him, he is at south-east.

If you speak to him and you can't choose to return to trademeet uhm... well I really don't think this is your case because noone write me about this big bug in the last year.

however you can use the console to teleport back. you lose nothing of the quest.

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

#13 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 02:22 PM

Two small bugs:

1) Merchants don't react if you steal from them and fail. I guess the solution would be to assign to them the stealamn.bcs script - haven't tested but this is how it works in BGII.

2) If you talk to somebody who asks for money (EG the servant and the guide in Alenina's quest) and have less money than you ought to, you can nonetheless choose the dialogue option to give them the money and get away with giving them less or no money.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#14 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 04:13 PM

The StealAMN.BCS file should work fine in a TC. It turns the vendor to enemy and displays a message about you being a thief. It doesn't summon any guards so you may want to make your own version of that script.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#15 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 06:11 PM

thank you... again :)

I think I will upload a patch in the next days to fix these bugs... now they are a good amount.

[OT] wow... it's really cool to read "modder" under my nick ;)

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

#16 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 11:30 AM

The Giant Scarabei in the Dwarves mission drop a longsword when killed.

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public

#17 -BM-

-BM-

Posted 19 May 2005 - 11:53 AM

Yea the The Giant Scarabei drop longs swords, all of them, kind of silly, but no biggy. I was a bit surprised with the resuce the bard quest. I am playing a paladin, and I don't see why I should have to kill the poor bastard. He didn't even fight back. Meaby when you get around to it, you could add "turn him to guards" or leave him alone option. But I am no programer so I don't know how dificult that is to add. Other than few few gramar mistakes it's looking good, great job :thumb:

#18 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 03:56 PM

Well, given that the long sword is a bit inside the .cre structure (or also inside the .itm structure), there is no excuse at all to leave them droppable :)

The paladin thing you mention is quite correct; coding isn't difficult at all, but you have to also think on the quest, etc. (of course, giving him some levels and a bodyguard and making him fight back would prove more satisfying :) )

#19 -BM-

-BM-

Posted 20 May 2005 - 09:43 AM

Another one to report :)

The ring that Mephit in Dwaren caves gives you is buged. It's described as "Protection from time stop, and str +5". When all it does is haste.

#20 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 02:17 AM

Yea the The Giant Scarabei drop longs swords, all of them, kind of silly, but no biggy. I was a bit surprised with the resuce the bard quest. I am playing a paladin, and I don't see why I should have to kill the poor bastard. He didn't even fight back. Meaby when you get around to it, you could add "turn him to guards" or leave him alone option. But I am no programer so I don't know how dificult that is to add. Other than few few gramar mistakes it's looking good, great job

the bigg is right... coding isn't difficult at all. I'll add this option.

thanks for the scarabei bugs :)

The ring that Mephit in Dwaren caves gives you is buged. It's described as "Protection from time stop, and str +5". When all it does is haste.

I've just tested it and it seems it works... the only problem is about "str +5", a translation mistake. it should be +5 S.T. (save throw) and not +5 str (strength)

rtt14ban5bv.jpg