Photo

The Longer Road

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#61 Warrax

Warrax
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:18 PM

There is also a nicer way to deal with Odren - you can seal Demogorgon in as he suggests, then when you go to speak to Odren, tell him the demon wanted you to trick him but you're not going to do that. Odren and the Helmites walk off to think about what they've done and you get +1 rep. (But you don' get to fight Demogorgon).
I don't know that makes any difference to Jon though!

Haven't done that yet, but that's next on the list I guess. I've got his RC up to 47 right now... apparently, the mod relies upon the presence of certain NPCs... I've done everything the same as before, but because I have Imoen in my party, I got a new dialog that increased his counter by 3 points due to a conversation about dreams and Candlekeep and such. I wonder if I should sub in Jaheira at some point...

#62 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 03:21 PM

I did it without Jaheira. Having Imoen definiely helps though. I believe my party was my PC, Imoen, Sarevok, Edwin (I was playing the Edwin romance), Valygar and Jonny boy. There's a funny exchange between Edwin and Jon if you have them both along. :)

#63 Warrax

Warrax
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 03:26 PM

I did it without Jaheira. Having Imoen definiely helps though. I believe my party was my PC, Imoen, Sarevok, Edwin (I was playing the Edwin romance), Valygar and Jonny boy. There's a funny exchange between Edwin and Jon if you have them both along. :)

Yeah, the whole 'chattering macaque... oh!' thing was hysterical, as was mental chess.

Ah well, maybe I did something this time that I forgot and didn't do last time... I've got him up to JRC 49 now, post-Balthazar, so we'll see how it goes. I'm about to fight the Ravager and then go after Melissan, so there isn't much left to do.

#64 Warrax

Warrax
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 03:51 PM

Huh, something DEFINITELY different happened this time in the Throne of Bhaal.

An... unexpected visitor from earlier in the game.

#65 Warrax

Warrax
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:13 PM

AUGH!

He STILL wants a Bhaalspawn soul... DAMNIT!

I had a neat little dialog where I showed him empathy and he felt the truth of it and everything, too...

Argh. So frustrating.

#66 Warrax

Warrax
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:05 PM

OK, on the topic of Irenicus and Edwin... THAT, I did not see coming.

#67 -Fred-

-Fred-

Posted 05 January 2010 - 01:46 PM

Hello, I was hoping someone might be able to assist me with a problem. I'm having an inordinate amount of trouble locating the water. I found the gem, had the conversation with Irenicus and the demon about redemption, but I have been unable to find the water. I've seen postings about it being in Yackman's room, but I have scoured every inch of that room and it is simply nowhere to be found. Is there something that I may have missed, or is this an error in my game?

#68 -Fred-

-Fred-

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:07 PM

Disregard that last post, I reloaded to an earlier point and it was there. What probably happened is that I took the bard's gloves and gems before talking to the Deva, so there was no pile for the water to be added to.

#69 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 10:02 AM

Well, although this section of the forum seems inactive I hope this question can be answered by someone :P

What exactly does this lone code segment in LR\bcs\TeleportAbaia.baf do?? And does anyone have a clue which areas it should check for??
IF
	Global("AbaiaIn","GLOBAL",1)
	Global("DevaQuestFailed","GLOBAL",0)
	GlobalTimerExpired("DevaDeath","GLOBAL")
	Global("AbaiaNotThere","GLOBAL",0)
	OR(12)
	!AreaCheck("")
	!AreaCheck("")
	!AreaCheck("")
	!AreaCheck("")
	!AreaCheck("")
	!AreaCheck("")
	!AreaCheck("")
	!AreaCheck("")
	!AreaCheck("")
	!AreaCheck("")
	!AreaCheck("")
	!AreaCheck("")
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
         SetGlobal("AbaiaNotThere","GLOBAL",1)
END

EDIT: I found similar OR(12) blocks in some other mods that check for the various SoA Inns, would that have anything to do with this quest??

The block in question:
OR(12)
    AreaCheck("AR0313") // Sea's Bounty
    AreaCheck("AR0406") // Copper Coronet
    AreaCheck("AR0509") // Five Flagons
    AreaCheck("AR0522") // Five Flagons (Stronghold)
    AreaCheck("AR0704") // Mithrest Inn
    AreaCheck("AR1105") // Umar Inn
    AreaCheck("AR1602") // The Vulgar Monkey
    AreaCheck("AR2010") // Vyatri's Pub, Trademeet
    AreaCheck("AR0709") // Den of the Seven Vales 1st Floor
    AreaCheck("AR0513") // Calbor's Inn at Bridge District 1st Floor
    AreaCheck("AR0021") // Crooked Crane 1st Floor
    AreaCheck("AR1602") // Brynnlaw's Inn

Edited by Lollorian, 28 September 2010 - 10:06 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#70 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:52 PM

I found similar OR(12) blocks in some other mods that check for the various SoA Inns, would that have anything to do with this quest??

I very much doubt that has anything to do with LR, since it looks like something for Aurora's Boots of the Bar or the like.

No clue what the area checks for LR should've been, but I suspect areas specific to LR's Abaia (which I believe is some sort of demon - a bebilith or spider-demon I think). Moreover, a disjunctive set of negations makes no sense. For the non-logic scholars, that means an OR followed by a bunch of ! or NOT conditions. It's checking IF the creature is NOT in area A, OR NOT in area B, OR NOT in area C, etc. Well regardless of which area the creature's in, one of those conditions is always going to be true - indeed most or all of them will be. If the intention is to make sure the creature isn't in a certain area (which seems to be the case) then delete the OR(12).

I don't see that script being used - it doesn't even get compiled from what I can tell (the filename is too long anyway - engine expects 8 characters or less). Moreover, the AbaiaNotThere variable doesn't get used anywhere else in the mod. So I suspect it is a snippet the modder started and either decided not to implement or implemented in some other fashion.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#71 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:31 PM

Oh yeah, it doesn't get used lol :P

About the name, I guess that .baf could've been EXTEND_TOP/BOTTOMed ;) Thanks for confirming btw :D

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#72 -Ave-

-Ave-

Posted 17 October 2010 - 06:43 AM

Hey there!

I just came to discover new bug...sort of. Makes me quite frustrated. I have made Irenicus want sould from Ilmater and there comes problem. When comes sequence after talk with Corellon where jon should be healed, he pops up with dialog which should be somehwre around Balthazar as he talks about him. After it nothing happens, solar stops, Jon is allright but he is standing (I played it once before so I know he shouldn't be standing...) even after while Melissan stands up and fight us but she is unable to be killed...

What should I do? I wanted just finish the game.

(I let him decide if he wants Abazigal's soul. Then I got to kill Sendai and Balthazar...this never happened to me befor...I mean that bug.)

#73 -Ave-

-Ave-

Posted 17 October 2010 - 07:05 AM

Hey there!

I just came to discover new bug...sort of. Makes me quite frustrated. I have made Irenicus want sould from Ilmater and there comes problem. When comes sequence after talk with Corellon where jon should be healed, he pops up with dialog which should be somehwre around Balthazar as he talks about him. After it nothing happens, solar stops, Jon is allright but he is standing (I played it once before so I know he shouldn't be standing...) even after while Melissan stands up and fight us but she is unable to be killed...

What should I do? I wanted just finish the game.

(I let him decide if he wants Abazigal's soul. Then I got to kill Sendai and Balthazar...this never happened to me befor...I mean that bug.)

Also reinstall of mode doesn't help.
Beside LR I have only Dungeon-be-Gone and Tsujatha Romance mod. In previous game I didn't had such a problem :(

#74 rbx4

rbx4
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 12:45 AM

First of all I want to say that this is a most impressive Mod indeed!!!

not only the opportunity of having Irenicus in your group, but the cutscenes and the dialogs ate just SUBERB!!!
But I am in need of a hint. :(

The Deva quest is vital to Jon's redemption, right? I have found 2 of 3 itens, the gem and the water of Elysium. Where is the Chalice of Peace? Is it with someone? is it hidden? I would appreciate any light on this matter.

Thank you, ppl :D

I also want to congratulate the author for making this excellent mod. I was able to walk through it making choices that seemed logical to me, and it worked wonderfully. There are a few minor things here and there that could be tweaked, but overall this stands next to the best mods ever made for BG2, in my opinion. Great work!

#75 Toews

Toews
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

I'm having an issue with the Elysium area loading. I have all the items, and I believe I'm picking the right choices for the good outcome. Once the Bebililth tells me he can port the group to Elysium the screen says loading and then immediately goes black. I haven't waited a long time to see if it will work, but that seems very unlikely.

I am using the 1.5 version, and everything has run smoothly untill now.

The correct answer would be very much appreciated.

#76 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:09 PM

Maybe your file got corrupted, and it's worth it to reload the mod again? Or one of the .cre's got corrupted - try installing Miloch's crefixer over your game(it's available here at SHS).

#77 -Loremaster-

-Loremaster-

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:29 AM

Does anybody know if anyone is trying to update this mod. Just curious.

#78 -Loremaster-

-Loremaster-

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:31 PM

Apparently not.

#79 -Seldar-

-Seldar-

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:24 AM

any chance to see this mod Enhanced for BG2 EE ?

#80 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:07 PM

If anybody is interested in porting LR to Enhanced edition, I will get out of my self exile. I have not touched Infinity Engine for eons , but I can try and join in. By myself I fear I won't get far though.

D

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

Nikolai Berdyaev - Christian Existentialist, Philosopher of Freedom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes