Bug Report - BGT-WeiDU v0.99

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
218 replies to this topic

#161 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 06:46 AM

Mmm...I have 2,46 MB and 2,47 MB on disk, but Italian version. I don't know, it could be a damaged CD with some files missing, but I think an error would result. Any solution about the debug file attachment?

View Post

Send it to my e-mail. Check your PM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#162 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 06:46 AM

OK, had a look at the DEBUG file and...there is nothing wrong! :WTF:
Here are some suggestions that you should try in the following order:

1) Try uninstalling the menu component/s (both if you have done it) only and run BGII
2) Replace BGMain.exe with the one in <BGII install directory>\BGT\Backup\0\BGMain.exe (don't forget to backup the existing one and replace it after you have tried this) and run BGII
3)Install BGT-WeiDU without BD-WeiDU before it and run BGII
4)Uninstall all mods and see if you can run BGII

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#163 raoul82

raoul82
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 02:04 PM

Sadly, I can't install it by any means. I'll try Tutu, if it also fails it means that it's a BG1 install problem. I don't know what other do, it keeps me giving error in BGmain. Thanks for your help, anyways.

#164 raoul82

raoul82
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 02:13 PM

Sorry, last thing: some time ago, during SoA install my system froze for a stupid windows error and from that time I can't install from the CD autorun (it keeps saying play) but I must explore the CD and choose setup. I don't think it's BGT related because unmodded game runs smoothly.

#165 raoul82

raoul82
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 03:01 PM

I installed BG1Tutu and it runs perfectly! What a mistery...I'm the only one who is having problems with BGT-weidu!

#166 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 11:01 PM

I installed BG1Tutu and it runs perfectly! What a mistery...I'm the only one who is having problems with BGT-weidu!

Although I'd like to know the core of the problem so that when other people run into it, then I can at least fix it for everybody...have fun with Tutu.

--------------
Retired Modder

#167 raoul82

raoul82
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 05:02 AM

If it can help, my error is at offset 00603605 in BGMain.exe; I don't know what it means. I tried to install on another computer with the same result. Cheers.

#168 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 01 August 2005 - 05:29 AM

No dialog for driad in the are south of Candlekeep(the one named "smth the Nereid", she should start quest with ogre-mage as far as i remember).

One question - should i install Baldurdash fixes for BG1 or they are inside BGT alredy?

#169 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 06:10 AM

If it can help, my error is at offset 00603605 in BGMain.exe; I don't know what it means. I tried to install on another computer with the same result. Cheers.

View Post

If you still have BGT-WeiDU installed on this other computer can you try replacing the BGMain.exe as described earlier? It might be that the XP limit offset is different, which could be dire.

Edited by Ascension64, 01 August 2005 - 06:10 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder

#170 raoul82

raoul82
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 08:51 AM

I did it, without any effect: I have exactly the same error. I didn't try previous 0.99 builds, but the 0.94 build worked for me (some time ago)

#171 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 03:11 AM

I did it, without any effect: I have exactly the same error. I didn't try previous 0.99 builds, but the 0.94 build worked for me (some time ago)

View Post

Now it could be the menu screens screwing you up. Can you uninstall them? Run SETUP_BGT-MAIN.EXE and select [U] for the two menu components only.

No dialog for driad in the are south of Candlekeep(the one named "smth the Nereid", she should start quest with ogre-mage as far as i remember).

One question - should i install Baldurdash fixes for BG1 or they are inside BGT alredy?

Shoal will not talk to you unless you have a ReactionGT HOSTILE_UPPER.

Baldurdash fixes are only partially in BGT-WeiDU. I am currently in the process of cataloguing the changes so the fixpack guys can work on it if they ever want to. However, the fixpack for BG1 will not work with BGT-WeiDU, so don't try it.

Edited by Ascension64, 02 August 2005 - 03:17 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder

#172 raoul82

raoul82
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 04:17 AM

No, the problem is the core is the core part. I installed only that component with the same outcome. I really think there's incompatibility with the Italian version, I don't see other reasons.

#173 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 04:21 AM

No, the problem is the core is the core part. I installed only that component with the same outcome. I really think there's incompatibility with the Italian version, I don't see other reasons.

View Post

Possibly. I'll need someone else to report this to clarify this...anyone? I would still like to know the exact problem so I can attempt to fix it, but we'll save that for later.

--------------
Retired Modder

#174 raoul82

raoul82
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 06:43 AM

Finally I found the problem: corrupted files in BG1 folder! I have many 0 bytes music files, the script folder and the characters folder with 0 bytes files and empty sounds folder. I didn't noted that before because it didn't prevent starting a new game in BG1. Is there some way to make the conversion work (e.g. changing tp2 files?) or I shold rebuy BG1? Thanks

#175 Yacomo

Yacomo

cartographer of the realms

• 485 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 07:41 AM

Finally I found the problem: corrupted files in BG1 folder! I have many 0 bytes music files, the script folder and the characters folder with 0 bytes files and empty sounds folder. I didn't noted that before because it didn't prevent starting a new game in BG1. Is there some way to make the conversion work (e.g. changing tp2 files?) or I shold rebuy BG1? Thanks

View Post

I've heard of such problems before (old and worn CDs) and people claimed that it helps to copy all the CDs to your hard drive first and then install from there.

Maybe this helps you too :blush:

Yacomo

#176 --Kastagir--

--Kastagir--

Posted 02 August 2005 - 11:34 AM

I'm having a strange problem that is making me think that I installed mods in the incorrect order, despite them being solely WeiDU mods.

On occasion, when I am 'waylaid by enemies and must defend myself' while moving between map areas, instead of 'waylaid by enemies...' being displayed in the text window, I always see some random journal entry. For example, I was attacked by a group of gnolls and the text window filled up with the journal entry from the Prologue where Reevor (sp?) wanted me to kill the rats in the warehouse. On another occasion, I was attacked while resting and the text window filled up with text about the gnome whose house in Beregost had been taken over by huge spiders, a quest I had long since completed.

And just last night I was clearing the bandit camp (BG1) and I saw in my text window: "Dynaheir: Celestial Fury +5".

Now, obviously, this has to do with the dialogue-altering mods that I've installed, most notably in this case the Item Upgrade mod (http://weidu.org/item.html). I installed only the WeiDU mods from that site (Ease of Use, Item Upgrade, etc.) and I installed them after running the BGT install. My question is; should I have installed them on top of BG2 *prior* to the BGT-WeiDU installation? Or am I going to be stuck with this (admittedly minor) problem regardless?

Thanks.

#177 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 01:36 PM

I think you are stuck. Item Update, if it is a Weidu mod (and that one is) will add text to the dialog.tlk file just like the other mods did. Did you miss something during the install (like part of TS?) or did you install any really old mods that use an IAP file to install after installing everything else?

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#178 --Kastagir--

--Kastagir--

Posted 02 August 2005 - 02:45 PM

I think you are stuck.  Item Update, if it is a Weidu mod (and that one is) will add text to the dialog.tlk file just like the other mods did.  Did you miss something during the install (like part of TS?) or did you install any really old mods that use an IAP file to install after installing everything else?

View Post

The only mods I installed are as follows:

WeiDU Ease of Use (only the item stacking components; I tried to avoid any unnecessary components)
WeiDU Item Upgrade (both for SoA and ToB)
Caspenar sounds for Item Upgrade mod
WeiDU Underrepresented Items
Monk HLA component of G3 Oversight mod (skipped all other components)

I didn't use any other mods. I can live without the item upgrade mod if it looks to be the sole contributor to this problem, but I thought that all WeiDU mods were designed to work together specifically to avoid dialog.tlk problems.

#179 --Kastagir--

--Kastagir--

Posted 02 August 2005 - 02:50 PM

Did you miss something during the install (like part of TS?)

View Post

I'm not sure what you're asking here. I didn't see any errors in the BGT installation. What is TS?

#180 -Nightrain~-

-Nightrain~-

Posted 02 August 2005 - 03:59 PM

TS = Tortured Souls (a mod)