Installation order for the new stuff

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#81 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 04:23 AM

From what I know it has to be in step 8 because it needs to be installed after the GUI (since it does not have a gui setup like TDD, SOS, TS and CtB) is shut off or disabled. If you install it earlier then the TDD, SOS, TS and CtB patches will uninstall it.

At least thats what I could make out from all the posts.

ronin

#82 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 04:45 AM

From what I know it has to be in step 8 because it needs to be installed after the GUI (since it does not have a gui setup like TDD, SOS, TS and CtB) is shut off or disabled. If you install it earlier then the TDD, SOS, TS and CtB patches will uninstall it.

ronin

Well, since BGT-WeiDU 0.99 BETA 4 doesn't use the same GUI system, TDD, SoS, TS, and CtB will simply overwrite the BGT-WeiDU files rather than uninstall that GUI, so unless there is some other overriding compatibility issue, then I'm not sure what the deal is here.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#83 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 04:57 AM

ronin

Well, since BGT-WeiDU 0.99 BETA 4 doesn't use the same GUI system, TDD, SoS, TS, and CtB will simply overwrite the BGT-WeiDU files rather than uninstall that GUI, so unless there is some other overriding compatibility issue, then I'm not sure what the deal is here.

If you install bgt before disabling the gui and then you install a fix then the fix (gui part) will uninstall bgt. If you install bgt after disabling the gui then when you install a fix it leaves bgt and all other mods installed at step 8 intact and wont uninstall/reinstall.

I dont know exactly why this happens, KD should be able to tell you better.

ronin

#84 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 05:00 AM

If you install bgt before disabling the gui and then you install a fix then the fix (gui part) will uninstall bgt. If you install bgt after disabling the gui then when you install a fix it leaves bgt and all other mods installed at step 8 intact and wont uninstall/reinstall.

Well this is because the mega-modification installation processes forces uninstallation of the GUI if it detects it, and WeiDU has a habit of uninstalling from the most recent mod to the oldest mod until it uninstall the GUI, so you see this huge uninstallation-reinstallation chain - note this is a really bad thing for BGT-WeiDU, because the installation will simply produce a whole bunch of errors and screw up the entire installation.

I did not seem to get any problems with this order of install using WinXPSP2:

1. BD-WeiDU 1.5
2. SoS-WeiDU 1.05
3. TDD-WeiDU 1.05
4. CtB-TDD Fix
5. CtB 1.6
6. TS-BP 6.04
7. (Run Setup-GUI.exe and press U and Enter at the prompt) x4 :o
7. BGT-WeiDU 0.99 BETA 4 or 0.99 ZETA

I did not need to change any code at all and didn't receive WeiDU.log corruption. However, the GUI proggy did get really annoying with all the INSTALL_BY_DEFAULT commands forcing installation of a GUI.

Edited by Ascension64, 07 December 2005 - 05:02 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#85 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 05:02 AM

That works perfect and thats what we have been telling people to do on this post.

ronin

#86 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 05:04 AM

Fair enough, although I stick to a defined 'do-or-die' installation order. Because of compatibility changes and updates, 0.99 ZETA will need to be installed AFTER the mega-modification, as I have always said for BGT-WeiDU installations, until the compatibility sections of the mega-modification mods become updated, if that is still happening...

--------------
Retired Modder

#87 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 05:48 AM

as I have always said for BGT-WeiDU installations, until the compatibility sections of the mega-modification mods become updated, if that is still happening...

We are just now getting back on track with that. :)

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#88 Tejris

Tejris
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 09:04 AM

Hi,

today i tried to install the new weidu mod versions tdd, ts, ctb, sos, bgt the first time and i followed the directions on the first page but i ran into the same problem with ctb-tddfix as Sadun had them, but im using BGT-v0.99ZETA. Should'nt BGT-ZETA got rid of that? And if not maybe the install order should reflect this. Otherwise its somewhat irritating at least it was to me till i worked myself throu the whole thread and now im installing BGT-ZETA as step 8. :)

Edited by Tejris, 21 December 2005 - 09:09 AM.

#89 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 09:39 AM

The correct installation order is stickied somewhere, I just cant find it right now. Maybe it should be stickied in all the mod forums that it applies too?

can a global moderator do that?

ronin

*edit*

found the stickied install howto. here: http://www.shsforums...showtopic=18294

can a global moderator stickie this in each of the mod forums that this installation instructions applies to (SOS, CtB, BP, BGT, BP-BGT) since TDD and BP-TS dont have fourms.

ronin

Edited by ronin69hof, 21 December 2005 - 09:43 AM.

#90 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 09:43 AM

can a global moderator do that?

If the correct installation order was posted in all forums it applies to, and you link me to those topics, I can do it in an instant. ;)

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#91 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 09:44 AM

@SConrad, thats what I get for editing my post while you are posting. The link is the correct install order.

thanks alot

ronin

#92 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 09:47 AM

No problem - do you want it as a pinned topic everywhere (in which case I'd have to repost the thread in each forum), or an announcement (such as the "One Step Download Link")?

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#93 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 09:49 AM

No problem - do you want it as a pinned topic everywhere (in which case I'd have to repost the thread in each forum), or an announcement (such as the "One Step Download Link")?

If thats easier to do and saves you some work go ahead.

ronin

#94 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 09:58 AM

Doesn't make any difference to me. ;)

Done - let me know if anything needs change or fixing. :)

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#95 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 10:09 AM

Could you change the subject to: BP-BGT, TDD, SOS, BP-TS, CtB, BGT Installation instructions

some people might think that BP-BGT install instructions is just for BP-BGT

thanks and sorry to keep bothering you, I would do it myself but I cant. Just think this way it will be easier and cause less confusion.

ronin

Edited by ronin69hof, 21 December 2005 - 10:09 AM.

#96 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 10:12 AM

Could you change the subject to: BP-BGT, TDD, SOS, BP-TS, CtB, BGT Installation instructions

Done. :)

thanks and sorry to keep bothering you, I would do it myself but I cant. Just think this way it will be easier and cause less confusion.

No worries, it's what I'm here for. ;)

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#97 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 10:14 AM

Thats perfect thanks, hope the other people dont mind. :)

ronin

#98 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 04:14 PM

today i tried to install the new weidu mod versions tdd, ts, ctb, sos, bgt the first time and i followed the directions on the first page but i ran into the same problem with ctb-tddfix as Sadun had them, but im using BGT-v0.99ZETA. Should'nt BGT-ZETA got rid of that? And if not maybe the install order should reflect this. Otherwise its somewhat irritating at least it was to me till i worked myself throu the whole thread and now im installing BGT-ZETA as step 8. :)

Why would BGT 0.99 ZETA get rid of that? It has nothing to do with how the rest of the modifications that are part of the mega-modification installs. And despite KD's suggestion, I recommend ZETA should always be at Step 8.

--------------
Retired Modder

#99 SirLancelot

SirLancelot
  • 356 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 02:17 PM

SConrad:

"The current installation order for the WeiDU version of what was BP-BGT is as follows:

0. Full BGII SOA+TOB+26498_patch
1. BD-WeiDU 1.5
2. SoS-WeiDU 1.05
3. TDD-WeiDU 1.05
4. CtB-TDD Fix
5. CtB 1.6
6. TS-BP 6.04
7. (Run Setup-GUI.exe and press U and Enter at the prompt) x4
8. BGT-WeiDU 0.99 BETA 4 or 0.99 ZETA
9. Any other weidu mod
10. World map v5
11. Fixes for TDD, SOS, TS and CtB

Note that it is no longer necessary to install all of these mods everything has been fully weidu-ised: I.e. if there is something on the list you don't wish to install, you can skip it. The overall order of installation, however, must be maintained.

(originally posted here by ronin69hof)"

x4? what's this means? Have i must run the uninstaller for times?
Where men gather, a bustle of chaos ensues. I would save them all, if I could.

#100 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 12:26 AM

Yes, run it 4 times. The first uninstall uninstalls TS gui and reinstalls CTB gui, then the second time it uninstalls the CTB gui and reinstalls the TDD gui....and so on.

ronin