Fade's Final quest

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 OldVeteran

OldVeteran
  • 168 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 05:15 AM

Hey all,

I just wanted to say that it would be a better idea to move fade's brother to another location. The current one as the lich in the docks in it (i think its from UB or BP mod or was it BG tweak) which likes to fling AoEs around...
--GhostNWN

#2 Lord Ernie

Lord Ernie
  • Modder
  • 755 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 07:00 AM

Heh. The problem with your solution is that it's the problem itself: the number of unoccupied locations in the game is limited. The chances of a mod adding a creature to the same area, thus creating a conflict, are quite real. I'd recommend dealing with said lich before you go and seek out Fade's big bro; changing his location would solve little to nothing and create more problems (for one, where to move him?).

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move - Douglas Adams

I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world - Oscar Wilde

Give a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. But set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

#3 OldVeteran

OldVeteran
  • 168 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 07:50 AM

You could move him to the exterior :) Or maybe on one of the roofways above Maevar's guild or in one of the taverns there.

btw, I also noticed this final quest does not give a journal entry.
--GhostNWN

#4 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 08:52 AM

Hey all,

I just wanted to say that it would be a better idea to move fade's brother to another location. The current one as the lich in the docks in it (i think its from UB or BP mod or was it BG tweak) which likes to fling AoEs around...

i had this problem the first time i played Fade, too. unfortunately, Ernie is right - there are only so many empty rooms, and if BP is filling one of them (it's from BP - it's also available in Deeper Shadows of Amn) then there's not a lot Fade can do about it. (btw, this is similar to the Fade and Chloe problem: both Fade and Chloe have a chapter three quest, given whilst doing Aran's bidding, and both use the same room in the Bridge District for the quest. ultimately, the solution is only on the user's side: as long as the modder makes their code compatible, then ingame compatibility issues have to addressed by the user and their choice of mods. There are limits to this, of course, but i'd reckon it was true in this case).

That said, the brother encounter can stand some beefing up - and the lich-from-hell is about as beefy as BG:SoA gets - so consider it a happy coincidence.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#5 OldVeteran

OldVeteran
  • 168 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 10:18 AM

One more thing about the final quest.
When you enter the NW sewers, there is no dialogue option to tell Fade that I am here for her quest. I can only mock her or tell her that we are there for the Eye quest.
--GhostNWN

#6 Mistress Elysia

Mistress Elysia

Officially a Dirty Old Woman

• Modder
  • 575 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 10:22 AM

Honestly - if we could have found an empty building / room where we could have hidden him away(he needs to be hidden;having him out on the street just isn't an option, really - the fey'ri are trying to be kind of covert), we would have done, but there are just so few places like that that inevitably they all get used - we end up just trying to work around them as best we can. Yes, it isn't ideal, and yes, it does break the 'gaming illusion' a little (I used to hate it, I have to admit), but it's something you simply can't avoid. Each time you think you've figured out a way / place to stick people that won't interfere with anyone else, you can guarantee that within a week of your mod being out, someone would have reported that 'so and so's mod already uses / is planning to use this area' or 'such and such already does this / is planning to do this" - it's a real bugger, but it's the way things are. Basically, unless you're willing to add in a new area, you're kind of stuck!

The journal entry thing we can work on, though ;) (I always end up forgetting something when I write these things!!)

The Timely Resurrection of Fade!
Mistress Elysia's fantasy artwork.
Where Darkness Resides: A Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark fanfic

I want to live, I want to experience the universe and I want to eat pie.

"Oh, little ice cream friends! Thog delays boredom-driven rampage only for you!"

#7 Mistress Elysia

Mistress Elysia

• Modder
  • 575 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 10:24 AM

One more thing about the final quest.
When you enter the NW sewers, there is no dialogue option to tell Fade that I am here for her quest. I can only mock her or tell her that we are there for the Eye quest.

Is that the 'rat' dialogue?

If it is - thanks for reminding me. That's an over sight - in my head, I had that as an 'early' conversation down to my own player style of fleecing the adventuring party for their stuff early on in the game. I'll dig out the dialogue and write another option that takes the quest into consideration.

"Oh, little ice cream friends! Thog delays boredom-driven rampage only for you!"

#8 OldVeteran

OldVeteran
  • 168 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 12:37 PM

Another thing with her final quest. After I finished it and waited around 1 game day (1 hour real time play) while doing the beholder quest (might as well complete that while you are there eh?) I encountered a problem with Fade. I had just killed the Beholder and got back to the area where the shadowlich is (that is, the entire area) and whenever Fade was near me she would (or rather I would automatically?) initiate the flirt and give me the usual options. After selecting one and waiting 2 seconds, it would come up again!
This was kind of enervating as I had to click through it every 2 seconds until leaving the area. It also only seemed to happen in that area.
--GhostNWN

#9 Silmarien

Silmarien
  • Modder
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 11:56 PM

Gah. Yet another wonderful case of me not setting the variables properly for an area-triggered talk...

Which area was it again?

#10 OldVeteran

OldVeteran
  • 168 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 01:07 AM

The area the temple sewers NW exit leads to
--GhostNWN

#11 Silmarien

Silmarien
  • Modder
  • 77 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 07:48 AM

Do me a favour, will you? Could you check and tell me the value of "E3FINALQUEST","GLOBAL"?

#12 OldVeteran

OldVeteran
  • 168 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 01:05 PM

AFTER talking to Aran my variable is now:

I don't have a sav from before anymore (i.e. after I killed the crew AND took care of the beholder)
Note I only started having that problem after killing the beholder, not before.
--GhostNWN

#13 Silmarien

Silmarien
  • Modder
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 07:26 AM

Yeah, a comment about footprints is designed to trigger if the Unseeing Eye is dead and E3FINALQUEST is between 4 to 6. If you've killed Cirion & Co E3FINALQUEST is supposed to go to 8.

#14 OldVeteran

OldVeteran
  • 168 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 07:50 AM

Hmm seems like it didn't then? I'm sure I killed all of them though because as the last one died, Fade initiated talk.
--GhostNWN

#15 --greendagger9900--

--greendagger9900--

Posted 27 January 2007 - 07:13 AM

When does the "Rat" Dialogue occur? I am in the sewers right now and Fade has not said a peep the whole time. Is there a chapter requirement to this or a certain stage in the romance. If so do I just need to leave the cult quest for later? Also when does the last quest start for Fade?

#16 Mistress Elysia

Mistress Elysia

• Modder
  • 575 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 07:29 AM

The 'rat' dialogue only triggers if you DON'T have Minsc in the party, because Minsc triggers his own 'rat' conversatin (which, unfortunately due to the nature of the bioware NPC banter system, doesn't alwyas trigger...). Other than that (and being in the sewer), there are no conditions attached to it. Most of Fade's dialogues have a global 1 and a global 2 (and oftern a non-romancing) version coded in, so you shouldn't miss anything.

Fade's final quest only triggers in CH 6, at the end of her romance path for SoA.

#17 --greendagger9900--

--greendagger9900--

Posted 27 January 2007 - 01:25 PM

Ok! Thanks for the help. Just wanted to make sure I wasnt missing anything

#18 -Fell-Knight-

-Fell-Knight-

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:06 PM

Ok me again, i wasn't sure if this was the right thread to post, but i think it's (if iam mistaken, dont hesitate in deleting it) ok so im on chapter 6, E3FadeRomanceActive is on 2 i killed bodhi, i turned fade back to her old self, so she and CHARNAME are happy getting ready to give the lantern back to Ellan. So now pops what i belive is her forementioned final quest, Posible Spoiler Higlight to read: I return to Aran, does as he told fade and go to the five flags inn and have a little chat with the halflings and come back to the docks. Now the only place i belive the individual responsible for the deaths could be is in the warehouse next to the Shadow thieves guild, right?(the Lich in the docks part was sort of a give away, i also have that mod installed) now from the previous post i understand the responsible is fade's brother, well he is not appearing (or anyone) maybe the Lich in the Docks mod has something to do? i took care of her long before starting this quest, any helps? could i cluaconsole him to fix the problem? Thnx in advance, by the way great mod tho maybe the LT should occur a little more often, i tend to rest very little

#19 OldVeteran

OldVeteran
  • 168 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 01:12 AM

If you had Fade installed before you visited the warehouse, then this shouldn't be the cause of it - i had both the lich and her brother there.

Try talking to the halflings again though, maybe you didn't get the quest properly?

Failing that, do try cluaing him in.
LTs do occur fairly rarely, but as Ernie suggested, you can use AdvanceRealTime(30000) to help that.
--GhostNWN

#20 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 30 January 2007 - 01:53 AM

how do i clua him? what's his creature code?