Photo

Haer'Dalis Romance add on?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

Poll: Haer'Dalis romance? (59 member(s) have cast votes)

And what do YOU think?

1. Yes, I would love that! (30 votes [50.85%])

Percentage of vote: 50.85%

2. I would play it if it would be done. (17 votes [28.81%])

Percentage of vote: 28.81%

3. I am not interested right now but perhaps... if it would be written well... (4 votes [6.78%])

Percentage of vote: 6.78%

4. I don't care. (7 votes [11.86%])

Percentage of vote: 11.86%

5. I don't think so/you are not a suitable person to write this. (1 votes [1.69%])

Percentage of vote: 1.69%

Vote

#21 Neferit

Neferit

In the name of Gaider, we fight!

• 414 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:40 AM

I voted "I would play it if it would be done".

If he's enough patient for romancing Aerie, he would centrainly have enough patience for romancing my PC :whistling:

Edited by Neferit, 13 August 2007 - 06:41 AM.

Heck no, b - I used the word the way I use things like "twitter", and "iPod" - my first inclination is to ask "what birdcall are you studying?" and I think of "I pod, You (singular) pod, He pods, She pods, They pod, You (plural) pod, We pod..."

Writings ►☼◄ Visual Shiny Pretties ►☼◄ Another Writings

►☼◄

You think you still have some brain in your head?

►☼◄►☼◄

#22 Ankhes

Ankhes
  • 244 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 12:26 PM

I would love to have a romance with Haer'Dalis. :wub: But is it really going to happen this time?

I hope it will, but like you I really wonder. Kania had one going but from what Kulyok recently said she lost a coder and now her web page is gone. But she loves Dalis so much that I can't really see her giving the project up.
I think someone else was planning her own HDR? I can't remember exactly where I read it but maybe it was in the thread discussing Romantic Encounters. I don't recall for certain. Maybe someone else knows for sure???

#23 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 12:40 PM

If he's enough patient for romancing Aerie, he would centrainly have enough patience for romancing my PC :whistling:

Patience is a virtue, though I doubt he'd need as much despite the fact the PC female character by this stage would've had headhunters from as far away as Thay come looking for her bounty. :ph34r:

I think someone else was planning her own HDR? I can't remember exactly where I read it but maybe it was in the thread discussing Romantic Encounters. I don't recall for certain.

Well there is something for Haer'Dalis and a female PC in the RE pack, but nothing as in-depth as a fully fledged romance, I can't remember myself the precise content and if I posted it here Kulyok and whoever else had a hand in it would whoop me one for sure. :lol:

Don't really know if anyone else is willing to pickup on it, but we'll see. ;)

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#24 Bookwyrme

Bookwyrme
  • Modder
  • 5804 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 12:51 PM

The only discussion I know of was in the G3 forum, in the thread for the now inactive H'D romance. There were links to one or two other possibly (or possibly not) still active romances. Please don't post in the G3 thread, though :)

The IEP romance currently looks to me to have the best chance of getting finished.

Mods: <a data-cke-saved-href="http://www.shsforums...-auroras-shoes/">Aurora's Shoes (released),

#25 Isilven

Isilven

DANNY TREJO, DUKE OF THE WESTERN LOWLANDS

• 1236 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 04:35 PM

I was under the impression that there WAS a Haer'Dalis romance already in game, but unfinished. I think I was told that the global was TIEFLINGROMANCE or something. Verify, anyone? :blink:

hlyeo.jpg

Inkosazana

"You just want them to be your panties, you dirty little girl!" -Ilmatar and Kellen
"Endure. In enduring, grow strong." -The Third Circle of Zerthimon

#26 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 05:05 PM

Yeah there was meant to be a sort of love triangle or something going on. But it was cut(or so the rumors say) by the release date.
That left an unmodded game with only one choice for female PCs, and I dare say: "NO THANKS ANO!!! STUFF YOUR POMPOUS ARSE SOMEWHERE ELSE FOR A CHANGE!!!" :devil: :angry:

*Phew* Now I feel better. :)
Anyway all that really remained was Haer'Dalis doing some poet crap with Aerie then what we can assume was *nudge* the start of their love life together. ^_^
And then in TOB... well, for any that don't know I won't say, but I'm sure the answer is obvious. -_-

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#27 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 03:56 AM

I know that there was supposed to be a Valygar romance. I didn't know about Haer'Dalis. Would have been cool.

I like Ano, but I'm looking forward to the eventual release of Corthala Romantique. I'd try a Haer'Dalis romance, and I'm sure that Alatariel will do a good job, but I'm not sure if he'd appeal to me.

Ashara might one day get her wish with at least two of her "romanceable male" picks. ^_^

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#28 Rianess

Rianess

Nosey Parker

• 457 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:55 AM

Sooo... Yay or Nay?

And if Yay, d'you need any help? I'd be glad to assist if so. :)

And remember, never leave a naked person unattended.

"She was pining so much, I said to her - phone him! But don't mention me, not after that business with the baguette!"

#29 Arathlan

Arathlan
  • Modder
  • 106 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 03:50 PM

Sounds fun. Wouldn't mind helping - although I'm more a writer than anything else. And I'm not sure how good I'd be at writing a male/female romance.

#30 Nix

Nix

Oh Captain, my Captain!

• 319 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 04:45 AM

Can we have a male-male romance for Haer'Dalis as well? If there's any Bioware NPC that doesn't really care what gender their lover is I'd say it's HD. :)

#31 Thrones

Thrones
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 02:26 PM

Oh man, I cannot tell you guys how happy I am that this is a current thread. I was over at G3 nosing around for the Haer'Dalis romance, and they were all posts from two (now three) years ago! But if this is still possibly in the works, I would also like to help - I'm all about Haer'Dalis, and if he would work with male and female characters, I'd go for that too.

The Weidu Solaufein mod does this, but it's slightly more female-specific (the "children" conversation >.>) so if we did do it with him and a male/him and a female, it'd be nice if it were a little more tailored to one gender or the other.

And working in the romance triangle/THREESOME?!<3333 with Aerie and Haer'Dalis could be interesting, too!

I could also write for it, as well, if anyone is going to create this. <3333

#32 Alatariel

Alatariel

Inquisitor!

• 479 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 11:23 AM

All that have expressed their extraordinary interest in Haer'Dalis' future fate have got PM's waiting for them. I hope the PMs will clarify what can and what can not be expected from me in particular.

As the pool has already served its purpose I would ask a mod to close the topic. A discussion of upcoming HD projects or anything related should actually require a new thread, methinks.

And, berelinde, not 'only encouragement' - there is this one discouraging vote as well:). I find it pretty amusing, that most people who voted for the 'definitely yes' didn't bother posting... But maybe it is only me.

Sorry that you had to wait so long for clarification, too.
'NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency! Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surpr-... I'll come in again.

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!... Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope, and nice red uniforms - Oh damn!'

#33 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 12:19 PM

Topic closed - per Alatariel's wishes, if people would like to discuss this mod, feel free to create a new thread! :)