• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#41 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 15 November 2007 - 04:47 PM

Chaarna has been forced to work as Kessa?s apprentice. Hence her new change in attitude and levels.
Silver Princess has just been added?this is definitely a bug.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#42 WizWom

WizWom
  • 270 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 05:36 PM

I would like to have some of the bosses use your equipment but not all items can be "equipped" by scripts. Hmm, maybe then can, I have only seen examples of scripts using weapons. I do force an amulet install onto Althon, so some items can be done this way. As for the female you mentioned, I assume this is the Shar Priestess in the temple dungeons? Most of your items have been moved to the next area and others will be found in Suderham. Some are just gone forever.

From the IE?SDP:

258 FillSlot(I:Slot*SLOTS) This action will attempt to fill a slot in a character's inventory with the appropriate item type. Using FillSlot(SLOT_WEAPON) will look for any items (let's use, SW1H01, for example) in the inventory, and move the first it comes across into the weapon slot. This is a dangerous function because it will not check whether or not an item already exists in the slot. This means that an item already in the slot would be destroyed.

I tried this with having the Armor list scripted in the take items at the start of BG2; it does work. (I had that Dreugar equip the armor he took). It also, as advertised, replaces anything in the slot (which can be gotten around with a DropItem/PickUpItem dodge beforehand). But I think it proper for what we'd want to do. Why would a boss keep thier old Plate Mail when they have your Full Plate +2?

#43 WizWom

WizWom
  • 270 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 06:56 PM

There is one place in the dialog with Kessa that your character refers to her as Markessa.

Er, I just cleared out the upper dungeon with the slavers, and Markessa started following me. But now I get a crash when I try to leave TC1204 with her following me.

Exploring the situation, looking at the script tcmarkes.BCS, I find one error where you check !Dead("TCMARKES") instead of TCMARKESSA, but otherwise it's decent. The snippet in TC1000.BCS seems to be good (except for a spot where you're trying to CreateItem("tcvldpl",1) instead of TCVILDPL...). About the only thing I could think of would be that she's not actually a global object.
I use CLAUConsole:SetGlobal("TCMarkessaCantJoin","GLOBAL",0) and use the autosave to leave, it does not crash.
I use CLAUConsole:SetGlobal("TCMarkessaCantJoin","GLOBAL",1) as soon as I get to the next place (TC1203) and it immediately crashes.

Edited by WizWom, 15 November 2007 - 07:47 PM.

#44 WizWom

WizWom
  • 270 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 08:33 PM

I'm battling Crypt Things - the rusted Plate armor they have has a glitch in the inventory BAM, it shows the plate armor on a green background in game.

#45 VIIIofSwords

VIIIofSwords

I like women treacherous and manipulative.

• 594 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 01:25 AM

I'm getting a similar bug with Aleigha's armor. When I take it out of the armor slot, all I get is this faint grayish outline. The same happens with Rivian's armor, but hers isn't nearly as hard to actually see.
"What do you do when there is an evil that your justice cannot defeat? Do you continue as you are, and allow the evil to fester? Or do you embrace one evil to defeat an evil greater still?"

"I used to dislike the idea of an unfair universe. Then I got to thinking: what if we did deserve all the awful things that happened to us, and didn't deserve any of the good? Suddenly, I found myself taking comfort in the thought of an inherently hostile and unfair universe."

VIII of Swords - my general, anything-goes blog

#46 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 01:58 AM

I'm getting a similar bug with Aleigha's armor. When I take it out of the armor slot, all I get is this faint grayish outline. The same happens with Rivian's armor, but hers isn't nearly as hard to actually see.

You sure that you started a new game after you updated to v0.43? It works for me. This is the armor!!?
Posted Image

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#47 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 06:03 AM

If you have Ilwetharyn (or however you spell that name) summon Aleigha without her having ever been in your party, you get the low-level version you find could find in the Palace of the Silver Princess, rather than one with adjusted EXP. Is this supposed to be the case?

I don't have the dialog blocking her out yet. If you didn't do the Silver Princess mod, you really shouldn't know anything about her. So I need to add a check to see if you did meet her so you would know who she is to summon her. That doesn't solve the XP problem. The only real solution is to throw XP points at any NPC to make sure they are at the same level as you for this quest. I noticed that one time when I didn't have Althon in my group and then when I got to MD, he was only level 5. The grell killed him in 1 hit. So I will have to see about fixing this and the dialogs.

As for the BAMs, if you installed 0.43, you should have my corrected BAMS from 0.42 (which are the ones you see with the bright green outlines). You don't need to restart a game for this. However, since I biff the 0.43 files, I guess your game is still pointing to the original BAM not the newer version. You can go to the CA043\Auto folder and copy some of the BAM files into your Override folder. This will fix the problems immediately.

Wizwom, thanks for reminding me about the fillslot command. I have used this before. The limitation is that it destroys whatever was already in that slot but for bosses, that may not be a problem. I can't see them carrying two sets of plate mail around anyway.

As for Markessa and moving her around, this has been a strange bug. I have been able to get her to follow me all the way back to Westgate. In fact, if she does you get a different dialog option with the ship captain (so you can have her and/or Chaarna go to Selgaunt). So I am not sure why she causes your game to crash. If you set that global back to 1 and jump to any other TC1000/TC1200 area, does it still crash? As for the DV, there seems to be some bugs in the engine if the death variable doesn't match the CRE name. Since she is "TCMARKESSA" as a DV and "TCMARKE" as a CRE, I seem to get strange results in both NI and DLTCEP when checking to see if she is dead. I still have more work to do on this but she "should" be able to follow you right now. If not, dump her as you did with the global setting back to 0.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#48 VIIIofSwords

VIIIofSwords

• 594 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 06:37 AM

I don't have the dialog blocking her out yet. If you didn't do the Silver Princess mod, you really shouldn't know anything about her. So I need to add a check to see if you did meet her so you would know who she is to summon her.

I think I did encounter her in the Silver Princess. At least, I recall killing someone there named Aleigha. She showed up when Catharandamus ordered some goons to attack me. I'm guessing she has a dialog that should have triggered, but I guess it didn't have the chance to.

That doesn't solve the XP problem. The only real solution is to throw XP points at any NPC to make sure they are at the same level as you for this quest.

I see. Just wanted confirmation, because I thought something was wrong.

As for the BAMs, if you installed 0.43, you should have my corrected BAMS from 0.42 (which are the ones you see with the bright green outlines). You don't need to restart a game for this. However, since I biff the 0.43 files, I guess your game is still pointing to the original BAM not the newer version. You can go to the CA043\Auto folder and copy some of the BAM files into your Override folder. This will fix the problems immediately.

Yup, this solves the problem with Aleigha's and Rivian's armor. Also gives Althon that creepy new portrait I see on the CA website, rather than the more noble, honorable looking one that reminds me of Julian Bashir from DS9.

As for the Markessa bug, can't say I've encountered that yet. If you think it'd help, I'll make notes on what was going on and who was in my party if it happens to me.

Edited by VIIIofSwords, 16 November 2007 - 06:38 AM.

"What do you do when there is an evil that your justice cannot defeat? Do you continue as you are, and allow the evil to fester? Or do you embrace one evil to defeat an evil greater still?"

"I used to dislike the idea of an unfair universe. Then I got to thinking: what if we did deserve all the awful things that happened to us, and didn't deserve any of the good? Suddenly, I found myself taking comfort in the thought of an inherently hostile and unfair universe."

#49 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 02:07 PM

As for the Markessa bug, can't say I've encountered that yet. If you think it'd help, I'll make notes on what was going on and who was in my party if it happens to me.

Thanks for helping. Hopefully between all of us, I can kill this weird bug by the end of the weekend.

As for Aleigha, if you had killed her, than I have an even bigger bug to fix for Myth Drannor. The list should only have those NPCs that you have met and are still alive.

Classic Adventures

#50 VIIIofSwords

VIIIofSwords

• 594 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 04:33 PM

The list should only have those NPCs that you have met and are still alive.

He mentioned something about resurrecting the dead, so I assumed that wasn't entirely out of the range of things he could do. As for NPCs that are still alive, I found it odd that Candella wasn't on the list. Well, since the Silver Princess is still pretty new, I guess it is understandable that she not be on the list yet.

#51 Belegur

Belegur
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 05:06 PM

My party, when I got Markessa to follow me, was my PC, Althon, Paraway, Rivian, Rihn and Shadow. I mentioned earlier about the CTD whichever exit I took. One thing that did work for me was using CTRL+J on her, removing her sword from her weapon slot (placing it in her inventory instead), and kicking her back out of the party (after which she went back to following me). Using this, I was able to move to other areas without the CTD.

Edited by Belegur, 16 November 2007 - 05:07 PM.

#52 VIIIofSwords

VIIIofSwords

• 594 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 01:05 AM

Okay, on the Markessa bug:

When I had a full party (myself, Rivian, Althon, Candella, Buranta, and Chaarna), when she tried to follow me, I experienced a CTD. Thinking back to my experience with the viscount, I took off any items that were generating special effects and had the same issue However, after taking out Buranta, she went into the party and I had no trouble taking her out of the fortress, even with her sword equipped. I tried kicking her out of the party and having her follow me and no problems. Removing her sword sometimes prevented a CTD, but sometimes it didn't seem to matter. Nothing in NI or DLTCEP indicates something odd about the sword, but that doesn't eliminate it, I think.

Also, on the 2 Chaarna bug I mentioned earlier:

I honestly think that it only happens if the player somehow doesn't speak to Chaarna in Oakhurst. Every PC I had that went through the Silver Princess with her doesn't encounter the problem. Not sure what happens if you kick her out while in the Palace, however. Otherwise, only 1 Chaarna (the right one) shows up in the slaver fortress.

Anyway, new things I noticed.

Rilithar is a stalker! Whether you kick him out or you don't bother to put him into your party after Mistmoor Manor, he shows up in the tavern in Westgate if you go there before doing any of the slaver strongholds. Granted, it is a nice way to circumvent the "losing all items" part of the story by having him store some stuff in his inventory, but it's a bit weird. He also stutters, even if you don't equip Reveri's Razor on him. I tried to force-talk him, but that didn't change much.

Finally, this isn't so much a bug as it is weird. I know Icar is very good at sensing other people's presence, but is he really supposed to sense if Althon is in your party the moment you enter his level of the fortress? There's a good deal of distance and the two haven't gotten into each other's line of sight, as it were, but are speaking normally.

Edited by VIIIofSwords, 17 November 2007 - 01:10 AM.

#53 VIIIofSwords

VIIIofSwords

• 594 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 06:22 AM

There's this dwarf (well, looks like a dwarf at least) in one of the inns in Sunderham that spouts off random lines from the BioWare NPCs. Attempts at initiating dialog pulls up lines from various banters, particularly Nalia and Aerie. I can't recall the name at the moment.

Also, one of the slavers (the cleric) in that building with the maze is unkillable. Kilm, I think was the name. I spent a good ten minutes just hacking away at him, but he wouldn't die. I tried to Ctrl-Y him, but doesn't do much. The only way I got rid of him was to Ctrl-Q him and then kick him out of the party, at which point, he pulls out the multiplayer NPC kicked out dialog, complete with a bit about going to the Copper Coronet.

Edited by VIIIofSwords, 17 November 2007 - 06:22 AM.

#54 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 17 November 2007 - 06:25 AM

Stalman Kilm can't be killed yet. He is very important to the storyline.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#55 VIIIofSwords

VIIIofSwords

• 594 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 06:27 AM

I take it I'm not supposed to have even spotted him yet, then? Oh boy.

#56 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 08:53 AM

Ned Shankshaft doesn't want to start a his joining conversation. He comes close, but just stands there, and if I move he does also, and if I try to speak to him, he has nothing to say. Is there an after effect(encounter or some such), if I 'reward' him? Please no spoilers, so don't say what it is, just yes or no!

The Shriekers in the swamp do nothing if I just shoot them from afar with bows etc. should they?

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#57 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 10:05 AM

These are standard AD&D shriekers that just set off an alarm for the lizard men. They don't spawn the other creatures like BG2 does.

Not sure how you met Stalmin Klim without the rest of the slavers. Can you tell me the area you were in (press CTRL-X)?

Classic Adventures

#58 WizWom

WizWom
  • 270 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 11:18 AM

I did the same thing - bashing away with everything at stallman Klim and his amulet of minHP1 :-)
He's supposed to have a dialog trigger at 1 HP, say "enough is enough" and imprison you in a dungeon, but that just didn't work.

Personally, I think it would be cooler to be able to fork the game, if you can defeat the slavers council, you do it - but if they can disable your whole party (charmed, stun, held, flesh to stone, killed, whatever) then you get taken captive again. Might be good to give them scripts and spells and equipment designed to incapacitate, rather than kill.

Because I'd really love to see a "you get captured" scene that wasn't pure B.S.

Hrm, perhaps a squad of crossbowmen with paralytic bolts...

Edited by WizWom, 17 November 2007 - 11:28 AM.

#59 WizWom

WizWom
  • 270 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 11:30 AM

Oh, yeah - almost forgot - I have had the banter about the bottle of wine between Vildamyr and Rihn about 5 times. I suppose it's controlling variable isn't getting set.

#60 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 11:42 AM

Oh, yeah - almost forgot - I have had the banter about the bottle of wine between Vildamyr and Rihn about 5 times. I suppose it's controlling variable isn't getting set.

Noted, found, fixed. Thanks.

Classic Adventures