• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#21 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 08 November 2007 - 08:36 PM

Some items are not in the game yet, as for Chaarna she always spawns. She should be found on the west side of your map near the druid cave.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#22 VIIIofSwords

VIIIofSwords

I like women treacherous and manipulative.

• 594 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 10:24 PM

Nope, didn't find her. I'll see if I can restart with another lawful good character to test if she still doesn't show up later on.
"What do you do when there is an evil that your justice cannot defeat? Do you continue as you are, and allow the evil to fester? Or do you embrace one evil to defeat an evil greater still?"

"I used to dislike the idea of an unfair universe. Then I got to thinking: what if we did deserve all the awful things that happened to us, and didn't deserve any of the good? Suddenly, I found myself taking comfort in the thought of an inherently hostile and unfair universe."

VIII of Swords - my general, anything-goes blog

#23 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 03:44 AM

There is a horroble monster lurking on top of Rukil's wagon! :o
Posted Image <_<
Ok, yes, that's my PC on top of Rukil's wagon, as it can walk all over it, as it hasn't been made unaccessible. Could you revice this?

By the way, you do realize VIIIofSwords, that you need to find Chaarna before you leave the first map or go to sleep( :unsure: ), as the quests are optional, and you can't do both. I do find her every time, so...

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#24 VIIIofSwords

VIIIofSwords

• 594 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 05:33 AM

Nope. didn't sleep or leave the map in that instance. Her not showing up was what got me to go to the Sunless Citadel rather than the Silver Princess in the first place. Although she did show up when I looked for her with an LG Monk. Funny, that. Sort of reminds me of the disappearing Anomen bug I ran into once.
"What do you do when there is an evil that your justice cannot defeat? Do you continue as you are, and allow the evil to fester? Or do you embrace one evil to defeat an evil greater still?"

"I used to dislike the idea of an unfair universe. Then I got to thinking: what if we did deserve all the awful things that happened to us, and didn't deserve any of the good? Suddenly, I found myself taking comfort in the thought of an inherently hostile and unfair universe."

#25 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 07:33 AM

First off, don't use those ancient tools for looking at game files. Use NI or DLTCEP. Both will show you all of the components to an item, dialog, or creature. Not sure about this particular ring anyways. The name doesn't register with me right now as one of ours. If it comes from the Ruad mod, it could be buggy, I haven't gone through all of them to see what is broken or not.

Chaarna is on the first map automatically, no spawning is used and no alignment restrictions are in place. She would be there but if you turn down her offer, she walks aways and you won't find her until later in the game.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#26 VIIIofSwords

VIIIofSwords

• 594 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 09:43 AM

Must be my system, then. NPCs randomly do not appear where they should every so often on my copy. I had thought I'd fixed it, but apparently not.

Has anyone else experienced the stutter bug with Rilithar after equipping his family sword? The animation that plays along with the message that he's protected from evil keeps looping and he can't take three steps without stopping. If it makes any difference, he was somehow hasted at the time, but Aesdale didn't have Haste memorized, so I have no idea how that happened.

#27 Acheron

Acheron
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 10:08 AM

Must be my system, then. NPCs randomly do not appear where they should every so often on my copy. I had thought I'd fixed it, but apparently not.

Has anyone else experienced the stutter bug with Rilithar after equipping his family sword? The animation that plays along with the message that he's protected from evil keeps looping and he can't take three steps without stopping. If it makes any difference, he was somehow hasted at the time, but Aesdale didn't have Haste memorized, so I have no idea how that happened.

Try forcing the PC to talk to Rilithar, sometimes that clears up stuttering problems (IIRC, it is sometimes caused by transitioning between areas while an NPC is trying to initiate dialog with the PC). Otherwise load up the game before it became a problem and it may not happen again (because it may be a fluke that you left the first area at the moment the PC is trying to walk up and talk to you).

-Acheron/Starcrunch

Edited by Acheron, 09 November 2007 - 10:08 AM.

#28 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 11:41 AM

There is a horroble monster lurking on top of Rukil's wagon! :o

Ok, yes, that's my PC on top of Rukil's wagon, as it can walk all over it, as it hasn't been made unaccessible. Could you revice this?

Dramatic as always. <_<

I'll back that one up, part of the wagon is still treated like it doesn't exist.

I can only assume this is because when the party returns to Oakhurst, Rurik's wagon was stolen by the raiders. And in such an event, it would be really weird if the player cannot walk over the area it was in, but yeah, while there. Conflict apparant I guess. :)

Hm, for some reason the download from before isn't converting properly. Which *is* curious. There are no prequestites I need on my system to convert txt to WED format, yes?

Sorry, but the question had to be asked, in case anyone else is having my problem as well. :)

Edit: I should be more clear. System platform is Windows 2000. Anyways I doubt this question was nessecary, and possibly will be solved very soon...

... I can just bet its something simple; yes I did follow instructions btw, stop the glaring! <_<

Edited by Solar's Harper, 09 November 2007 - 12:19 PM.

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#29 Acheron

Acheron
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 02:45 PM

Hm, for some reason the download from before isn't converting properly. Which *is* curious. There are no prequestites I need on my system to convert txt to WED format, yes?

Sorry, but the question had to be asked, in case anyone else is having my problem as well. :)

Edit: I should be more clear. System platform is Windows 2000. Anyways I doubt this question was nessecary, and possibly will be solved very soon...

Just delete .txt and replace it with .wed. If windows is hiding extensions for file types it recognizes (preventing you from changing the extension) do the following:

1.) Go the directory in question and go to tools-->Folder Options
2.) You should see a panel with 3 tabs (general, view, and file type). Select the View tab.
3.) Scroll down to the option "Hide Extentions of known file type". Deselect this box (by default it is checked in windows).
4.) Hit ok. Now you should see the full file name plus extensions. Delete .txt and rename it .wed and it should be done.

-Acheron/Starcrunch

Edited by Acheron, 09 November 2007 - 02:46 PM.

#30 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 05:10 PM

Go figure it was something simple...

Thanks Acheron, I swear I was starting to have a major headache from the whole affair looking for where I had gone wrong. -_-

Edit: 1 bit of news.

I can confirm Lawful Good characters do not stop Chaarna appearing, at least for me. :)

And there is also a compatability issue.
If someone has the BG2 fixpack installed, Chaarna's biography is overwritten.

This is in the event of the fixpack being previously installed, I assume currently the Core Fixes component.
I know it is not a bug, but it is worth reporting for those who may become confused by Chaarna's biography issue.

However I'm not sure exactly how common the problem may be, so I can only say from what I've seen personally. So far no other biographies have been overwritten in such a case. :)
Gameplay wise, nothing is interfered with as far as I know.

Edited by Solar's Harper, 09 November 2007 - 05:29 PM.

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

~***~***~***~

#31 VIIIofSwords

VIIIofSwords

• 594 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 10:36 PM

Okay, this is going to sound odd but I found two Chaarnas in the slaver fortress. One was level 1 but had a full spellbook. The other, however, was level 9 and Neutral Evil. Both say they haven't memorized any spells, but when I check, they have a variety of offensive spells at the ready.

I think that in the highly unlikely event that Chaarna doesn't appear properly or is spoken to (can't be sure which at the moment) in Oakhurst, a copy appears later on. Has anyone else run into this?

#32 Belegur

Belegur
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 03:34 AM

I'm getting the same CTD as mentioned in the 0.42 bug thread, when you try and leave the slaver fortress with Markessa
Spoiler
. It crashes no matter which exit I take (even when using MoveToArea on the console). Would it be her sword causing it, or something else?

#33 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 01:42 PM

One persistent problem which can occur in the Silver Princess's Palace, which I recall also being present in the last version.

The fight with the Catharandamus has a bug in it, if the druid woman survives long enough (including in bear form) to initiate dialog, if the player accidently clicks her again, she doesn't do anything, and during this time, Catharandamus becomes unbeatable. He simply refuses to die or at least react as he should when Near Death.

This unfortunately can make a fight with him a death trap for low level parties.
Talking to him has no effect either, the fight simply continues.

On occasion the script works correctly, but this problem is fairly persistent at other times. I'd currently recomend to everyone saving before the optional fight. Its more up to luck as to whether the bug strikes or not. :(

Edit: Something new to report.

If the two dwarves are killed before Aleigha (is that her name?) speaks to the PC, the situation above triggers. However, if they both live, things run as normal. It is best to have only one person attack her from a range, to prevent killing her by accident.

Edit2: Negative on the afore mentioned, Catharandamus is still treated as invunerable. Unlike in the previous version, as far to my knowledge his script where he asks for a ceasefire isn't triggering. I'm not sure where it has gone wrong.

Also I'm not sure if it was intended, but Rurik can trigger his talk over the old map one of the dwarves was carrying during combat.

Eh, sorry I misread the Chaarna-ghost lady talk, nothing inconsistent there. :)

As for Catharandamus, I've only tested it with Fixpack components installed and with Chaarna in the party at this time. :)

Edited by Solar's Harper, 10 November 2007 - 03:56 PM.

~***~***~***~

#34 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 06:24 AM

Well since I have never used the Fixpack, I would have to say that it isn't compatible. Simple as that. In fact, since many of the core IDS files come from the old BP-BGT mod, I would say that the Fixpack probably breaks many parts of this mod. Therefore, don't use it.

Rurik's script isn't checking to make sure there is no combat going on. Fixed.

2 Chaarnas? Very strange. As for the spells, she would have memorized whatever she still had usable when she left you in the Silver Palace. I need to tweak that dialog I guess. Since she is now Kessa's apprentice, I guess that dialog doesn't make much sense anyways.

Rurik's wagon, easy enough to fix.

Markessa, I had her follow me all the way to Westgate. This is a major fix in 0.43, so I am not sure why you are still seeing this bug.

Classic Adventures

#35 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 11:10 AM

1) Aleigha can't use her own weapon, the Sword of Spartusia :blink: (Ok, it's in her hand, but if I change weapon or the hand, I can't re-equip the sword)
2) The church in Saltmarsh, doesn't have an altar that I could place the Catharandamus potion. I have my doubts that this path is even finished.(Gaining his service this way, without a fight, by doing horroble deeds.)

Ps, I found the reason why my game tilted whenever Aleigha shapeshifts into her the black bear, it was cause the DruidicSorcererKit_v1.7(and possibly other versions too) makes use of the same spell(my guess, as without the mod there is no problem)... so one should never install it after CA's. -_-

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 12 November 2007 - 10:27 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#36 WizWom

WizWom
  • 270 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 07:25 AM

OK, I messed up - guess I missed a part of the boat mission. I was told the boat sailed off, but the stuff I did get showed a place further down the coast.

I went to the Lizardmen lair, though, and they grilled me about the missing ship, getting no weapons, and the death of the three lizard men on the boat (who I never even saw). Nevertheless, I got their mission to kill the Wyverns and then went back to tell the council.

However, when I got there, the Saltmarsh Captain is still stuck on telling me how I messed up on the ship mission and should go explore the place down the coast.

This is despite the TCLizardHunt variable being set to 1, which should be the trigger for Dialog state 87.

TCMeetingSpawn is still 10, and that trigger is before the TCLizardHunt trigger in the list, so I suspect that that is keeping the Dialog from starting the correct sequence.

Yes, setting TCMeetingSpawn to 11 fixes the trouble.

Map in TC1000 - the overview has solid blue for water areas.

Never found Charna in the slaver fortresses. Cleared all the slaver areas, but didn't get any sort of resolution to the slavers.

It would be very cool if the slavers would use your best stuff - it would be very much different fighting the lady who captures you if she was using the Full Plate +2, Ring of Protection +3, a cloak of Protection and Amulet of Protection herself... and probably gauntlets of ogre power. She'd be a nasty boss fight then. And the party in the storage could be using the elven chain & other stuff. It would make the capture script a lot bigger, but I think it would be worth it.

Oh, yeah - I dumped the fallen paladin dude when the Myth Drannor quest was about to start, and still got the discussions script - with only the ancient elf's side of the conversation. And then he showed up, of all places, in the inn in Westgate.

#37 WizWom

WizWom
  • 270 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 07:28 AM

Plath is part of my new storyline for Shadow. She should have spawned with 3-4 guards around your party. It may depend on how spread out the party is but they should be there. Also, she is supposed to say something after a second or so. Shadow should respond. It works fine for me but the party is healthy and everyone is standing together. Can you remember how the party was setup on the screen? Was Paraway further from everyone else? I am not sure what breaks this encounter for you so I need to try something else, I guess.

My party was coming out of the area around the Silver Palace to the tinker's area, so we were tightly grouped.

#38 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 11:26 AM

Plath will need a timer to slow down her spawning. I think the other members of her group aren't getting a chance to spawn also.

I dumped the fallen paladin dude when the Myth Drannor quest was about to start, and still got the discussions script - with only the ancient elf's side of the conversation. And then he showed up, of all places, in the inn in Westgate.

That is Rilithar in Westgate, not Althon. I assume you are saying you dropped Althon right before teleporting into Myth Drannor? I guess that doesn't break anything though there are no checks in the game to make sure you don't do this.

Map in TC1000 - the overview has solid blue for water areas.

And? Not sure what the issue is here. The small maps are bitmaps that can't show any overlays. Therefore the "water" areas would look like dirt if I didn't paint them blue. Okay, so it isn't pretty, but the idea was to represent the water areas.

Never found Charna in the slaver fortresses.

She isn't in the first fortress (temple), she is in the one located in the mountains. I assume you haven't gotten that far yet? If so, this is a serious problem. Especially since others have had 2 Chaarnas in the prison.

I would like to have some of the bosses use your equipment but not all items can be "equipped" by scripts. Hmm, maybe then can, I have only seen examples of scripts using weapons. I do force an amulet install onto Althon, so some items can be done this way. As for the female you mentioned, I assume this is the Shar Priestess in the temple dungeons? Most of your items have been moved to the next area and others will be found in Suderham. Some are just gone forever.

Classic Adventures

#39 WizWom

WizWom
  • 270 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 04:08 PM

Never found Charna in the slaver fortresses.

She isn't in the first fortress (temple), she is in the one located in the mountains. I assume you haven't gotten that far yet? If so, this is a serious problem. Especially since others have had 2 Chaarnas in the prison.

The second fortress, the one with Harpies outside, and Medusa deep inside TC1200, TC1260, TC1201, TC1202. I also checked the slave camp area, and didn't find her.
Er, never mind - didn't notice the tower steps down actually worked. Story of my life. I found her - a single copy, just the level 9. And, although she says she has no spells memorized, she has all of her spell slots memorized.

Now I just want to know how she got all that exp.sitting in a dungeon cell.

#40 VIIIofSwords

VIIIofSwords

• 594 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 04:16 PM

Wasn't she being forced to apprentice for Kessa during her time there? That would explain the exp. What was her alignment, though? Every time I find her there, her alignment is NE regardless of what her alignment was when I first saw her. Or am I the only one that's had that oddity so far?

Anyway, found a couple of possible bugs on a third run through:
Vildamyr tends to repeat the story of his being cast out of his church a lot. I've had it fire off about...five times in my game so far, which gets annoying.
If you have Ilwetharyn (or however you spell that name) summon Aleigha without her having ever been in your party, you get the low-level version you find could find in the Palace of the Silver Princess, rather than one with adjusted EXP. Is this supposed to be the case?

Edited by VIIIofSwords, 15 November 2007 - 04:17 PM.