Buglist for 0.43

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#61 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 11:45 AM

I did the same thing - bashing away with everything at stallman Klim and his amulet of minHP1 :-)
He's supposed to have a dialog trigger at 1 HP, say "enough is enough" and imprison you in a dungeon, but that just didn't work.

Personally, I think it would be cooler to be able to fork the game, if you can defeat the slavers council, you do it - but if they can disable your whole party (charmed, stun, held, flesh to stone, killed, whatever) then you get taken captive again. Might be good to give them scripts and spells and equipment designed to incapacitate, rather than kill.

Because I'd really love to see a "you get captured" scene that wasn't pure B.S.

Hrm, perhaps a squad of crossbowmen with paralytic bolts...

In the original mod, they use a special gas to fill the room. Of course, they are immune to the gas. However, this area I am using is way too big to fill that way. I do see that the wrong animation is kicking in. It should have been the same as when Jon gases the party in Spellhold. I will have to see about fixing that. Also, the fight should have only lasted 5 rounds, so how could you have even possibly killed him that fast?

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#62 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 11:52 AM

There's this dwarf (well, looks like a dwarf at least) in one of the inns in Sunderham that spouts off random lines from the BioWare NPCs. Attempts at initiating dialog pulls up lines from various banters, particularly Nalia and Aerie. I can't recall the name at the moment.

Noted, found, fixed. Thanks.

Classic Adventures

#63 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 07:04 AM

Okay, I think I got Markessa following the party now. The problem is in her dialog file. It is supposed to make her CRE file global (meaning it can move between areas) but it is referencing her CRE file not her DV. I changed mine and now "so far" she is working. I haven't move through too many areas but it should fix the problem.

Also, I fixed Chaarna (I hope) so I don't move her CRE to the prison from Oakhurst. Really that shouldn't happen anyways because she will always be such a low level when you re-meet her.

Since we have the long Thanksgiving holiday here in the US this week, I hope to get the final touches on the A4 mod done this week and weekend. Therefore, I should have a 0.44 version ready at the first part of December for everyone. Due to the file size, this will need to be downloaded and installed after 0.43. I had hoped to merge the two but that would make for a 200MB patch! Anyways, final instructions will be listed with the mod once it is available.

Classic Adventures

#64 WizWom

WizWom
  • 270 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 03:48 PM

I did the same thing - bashing away with everything at stallman Klim and his amulet of minHP1 :-)
He's supposed to have a dialog trigger at 1 HP, say "enough is enough" and imprison you in a dungeon, but that just didn't work.

Personally, I think it would be cooler to be able to fork the game, if you can defeat the slavers council, you do it - but if they can disable your whole party (charmed, stun, held, flesh to stone, killed, whatever) then you get taken captive again. Might be good to give them scripts and spells and equipment designed to incapacitate, rather than kill.

Because I'd really love to see a "you get captured" scene that wasn't pure B.S.

Hrm, perhaps a squad of crossbowmen with paralytic bolts...

In the original mod, they use a special gas to fill the room. Of course, they are immune to the gas. However, this area I am using is way too big to fill that way. I do see that the wrong animation is kicking in. It should have been the same as when Jon gases the party in Spellhold. I will have to see about fixing that. Also, the fight should have only lasted 5 rounds, so how could you have even possibly killed him that fast?

I hit the enemy with a bunch of stuff - web, stinking cloud, ice storm, cloud kill... every area effect thing I could think of. The battle just kept going on and on... I used up all my breech and remove magic spells, it was certainly much longer than 5 rounds. Then I battled Stallman for at least 15 rounds all by himself.

#65 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 06:54 AM

The timer is based on your dialog with Eanwulf. Did you just attack the slavers or at least talk to them?

Classic Adventures

#66 WizWom

WizWom
  • 270 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 04:44 PM

The timer is based on your dialog with Eanwulf. Did you just attack the slavers or at least talk to them?

Hrm. I saw one of them, and just area-affected them, fairly sure I killed Eanwulf with the disable/hold and area damage method. At this point, I wasn't ready to give these suckers an even break.

I think the fix would be to have all of them have a script block where if they see a PC, Eanwulf starts his dialog no matter what.

#67 VIIIofSwords

VIIIofSwords

I like women treacherous and manipulative.

• 594 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 06:22 AM

I did. It wasn't a very long conversation, but I managed to talk to them prior to them turning hostile and attacking me. It didn't take very long since I had decent equipment (exploited the bug that has Rilithar show up as Westgate with his inventory containing whatever stuff he had if you kicked him out of the party). A little under 5 rounds, I guess. Oddly, it seemed like initiating dialog was unavoidable. I was about ready to throw a couple of AoE spells at him, too, but didn't get a chance.
"What do you do when there is an evil that your justice cannot defeat? Do you continue as you are, and allow the evil to fester? Or do you embrace one evil to defeat an evil greater still?"

"I used to dislike the idea of an unfair universe. Then I got to thinking: what if we did deserve all the awful things that happened to us, and didn't deserve any of the good? Suddenly, I found myself taking comfort in the thought of an inherently hostile and unfair universe."

VIII of Swords - my general, anything-goes blog

#68 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 06:58 AM

Since he just needs to detect anyone in your group to talk, it doesn't matter if you are invisible, improved invisible, or just in the shadows. Eanwulf will talk to you. Well, he would have if I hadn't messed up a global. He talks but the timer isn't working to stop the fight. Since Stalman has to stay alive to end the fight, you will never be able to kill him at this point. You get your chance in the next version. I should have that uploaded this week.

Classic Adventures

#69 Dr.Shaman

Dr.Shaman
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 07:54 AM

Noticed some bugs in Alatelo de Bonito quest (Saltmarsh tavern).
First, it is possible to have unlimited potions he requires. After Elence Fielding brews a potion, she can be asked if she has made it unlimited times, and each time she give a potion.
And a reward for this quest, Mage’s Amulet of Protection, has a green background color in inventory, instead of transparent.

#70 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 07:58 AM

Amulet background is already fixed for next version.

Didn't know about the dialog though. It will have to wait until a future release.

Classic Adventures

#71 Planetus

Planetus
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 08:10 AM

Heya, I recently downloaded this mod. Great job, by the way, beautifully done. Here are some issues I've encountered, though:
1. I downloaded .42 and started playing, then saw .43 was up, so I downloaded it and installed. Now, several of my characters (but not all) aparently have no names. When I hover over their image and hit tab, the scroll pops up without a name, just HP, or for some nothing at all, just the empty scroll. Additionally, when they perform actions, it doesn't actually say they do it, it just says something like "Held" or "Save vs Spell". It doesn't really mess anything up, but it's odd.

2. I just got Rivian (beautiful portrait, btw) in the slaver temple. For whatever reason, I don't even know about the Vault of the World thing or whatever. I went from Mistmoor to the slavers. Anyway, the problem here is twofold, and possibly unrelated. If I try to talk with her, it almost always says she's busy. I've only gotten it to work once, well actually about a dozen times but all in a row. Secondly, if I successfully rest now, I get a CTD. I can rest and be interrupted, but I can't successfully rest. It crashes before even playing the rest animation. I've only tried this in the slaver temple and the wilderness type area outside it (exiting from the 'back'), so I don't know if it is Rivian or those areas.

#72 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 08:14 AM

I have to assume that you installed 0.43 onto 0.42 like you should have? It is only a patch, not the whole mod.

Not sure about the problem you are encountering. It could be because I made some changes to these areas in .43 so the game would have your older ares versions stored in your saved games. So if the area scripts point to something new and it isn't there, the area could crash. Can you load from an earlier area like Westgate or before shipping out and try again? I have run through the whole game as .43 so I didn't encounter this problem but it is the only thing I can think of.

Classic Adventures

#73 Planetus

Planetus
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 07:33 PM

I have to assume that you installed 0.43 onto 0.42 like you should have? It is only a patch, not the whole mod.

Not sure about the problem you are encountering. It could be because I made some changes to these areas in .43 so the game would have your older ares versions stored in your saved games. So if the area scripts point to something new and it isn't there, the area could crash. Can you load from an earlier area like Westgate or before shipping out and try again? I have run through the whole game as .43 so I didn't encounter this problem but it is the only thing I can think of.

I installed 0.43 (onto 0.42, yes) before I headed to Mistmoor, so no issues with pre-loaded areas. Also, it now seems to just be those areas. I went to the second slaver stronghold (the one with Markessa) and I could rest there. I went back to Westgate and I could rest there. I could also talk to Rihn again.

#74 juakuku

juakuku
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 07:11 AM

I have this bug "AN assertion failid in CTiledObject.cpp at line number 244.Programmer says:Tiled object not found."What can i do?:thanx

#75 Dr.Shaman

Dr.Shaman
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 07:43 AM

Something is seriously wrong with the Dagger of Throwing +2. It cannot be used by good characters it seems, and it's a melee weapon only.

It is possible to summon Aleigha from the Vault of Ages without ever being in the Palace of the Silver Princess.

Not a bug, but... Persistent White Abishai encounters on rest (area with Blight, Vault of Ages) are somehow unbalanced, 7000 XP each, and they are quite puny.

#76 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 09:58 AM

I have this bug "AN assertion failid in CTiledObject.cpp at line number 244.Programmer says:Tiled object not found."What can i do?:thanx

I have absolutely no idea what that means.

Not sure if there is a master list of Bioware error messages, I doubt it. You need to give us more information. What area are you, what were you doing, what items you may have, and who is in the party. The first two are the most important.

Classic Adventures

#77 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 10:03 AM

Something is seriously wrong with the Dagger of Throwing +2. It cannot be used by good characters it seems, and it's a melee weapon only.

It is possible to summon Aleigha from the Vault of Ages without ever being in the Palace of the Silver Princess.

Not a bug, but... Persistent White Abishai encounters on rest (area with Blight, Vault of Ages) are somehow unbalanced, 7000 XP each, and they are quite puny.

I have some fixes for the dagger in version 0.44. The 0.43 setup copied another dagger into this one's name.

As for the Abishai, I guess you are saying that they appear "every" time you try to rest? I get this with some areas also. It doesn't seem to matter how I define the percentage chance of sleep encounters, some areas just seem to be determined in spawning every time. I think my record so far is 20 times in one of the areas of the Sunless Citadel. The % chance was only supposed to be 25%. Wish I could do a lottery with those odds. I'll check the area to make sure it isn't set to 100% (the default).

As for Aleigha, not anymore. Fixed in 0.44.

Edited by Sir BillyBob, 27 November 2007 - 10:03 AM.
Updates

Classic Adventures

#78 Dr.Shaman

Dr.Shaman
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 11:16 AM

As for the Abishai, I guess you are saying that they appear "every" time you try to rest? I get this with some areas also. It doesn't seem to matter how I define the percentage chance of sleep encounters, some areas just seem to be determined in spawning every time. I think my record so far is 20 times in one of the areas of the Sunless Citadel. The % chance was only supposed to be 25%. Wish I could do a lottery with those odds. I'll check the area to make sure it isn't set to 100% (the default).

Exactly, single Abishai spawn infinitely when I try to rest...
...It’s just that 7000 XP per Abishai is too many for infinite encounter, especially for relatively low level characters. It is possible to gather considerable amount of XP without much effort that way.

#79 juakuku

juakuku
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 12:19 PM

Could not find a specific tileset. This is most likely bad data. Try clearing out your "cache", "temp", and "tempsave" directories. Failing that, try reinstalling.This is a Bioware error messages.You are in the right direction.Thanx