• Please log in to reply
340 replies to this topic

#241 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 10:10 AM

I just wanna thank everyone for the nvidia_fixer thing :Bow:

It solved the graphic stuff for a friend's PS:T install (with a 195.62 updated nVidia 8500GT)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#242 -James H.-

-James H.-

Posted 14 February 2010 - 12:57 PM

Hi all,

I managed to fix this problem for baldur's gate in vista by enabling software directdraw. Maybe it also works in XP and for other infinity engine games, I haven't tried. It'll only work for the 2d rendering engine (OpenGL mode won't work). After you've applied the fix, the game is very fast and without any artifacts. The fix is permanent. You don't need loader scripts or stuff like that.

Bravo and thank you! This did the trick for me and my Icewind Dale II woes. I had the same problem that most other people did with IWD2, which had the edges of the fogs being mirrored once I installed Windows 7. I tried various googled solutions, all of which either didn't fix the problem or introduced other problems.

Thanks,

James

#243 -Angelh3art-

-Angelh3art-

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:24 PM

hello guys, well i got a problem too.. i play iwd2 and when i get outside the river caves (where i have to beat the white dragon)
a repeating sound starts (the game runs normally) when i cast a summon / or when the dragon with the minions appear, when i beat them and try to go in the caves (or backwards to another area) the game crushes and the usual error message appears..
i got nvidia 6600 GT card, and have installed the 2.1 patch for IWD2 anyone might be able to help?
Ty :)

#244 -Aerows-

-Aerows-

Posted 19 March 2010 - 09:09 PM

Thanks very much for this - I have a Geforce GTX260 and I had the black boxes problem, too. It's fixed now.

#245 -Heather Ceana-

-Heather Ceana-

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:24 AM

A life-saver, so to speak. I was having all sorts of crazy crash issues in BGI (with the Tutu installed, although that is a side-issue); not just Beregost crashes, but walking over to certain portions within an area - such as South of Candlekeep area 3100. The area itself seemed fine, just walking to certain parts caused my game to crash. I had been avoiding these various areas, but it became tedious.

I installed and ran this fix. It's like a nice band-aid. Booboo all better now. :-P

Thanks!!

Heather Ceana

#246 Archangel12

Archangel12
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 12:23 PM

Hi, I'm new here and I had a couple of questions that I'm hoping you can help me with. I just recently bought the Icewind Dale Ultimate Collection which comes with Icewind Dale I and II along with expansions. I installed Icewind Dale I and it was patched up to 1.04. I played it for a while and the only issue was that the screen lagged when I could see my characters walking around but didn't when I scrolled out into the fog of war. I decided to install patches 1.05 and 1.06. I get all the way to the main menu and try to load my save and the game minimizes into a small black box at the corner of my desktop and freezes. The same thing happens when I try to create a new game. I uninstalled and reinstalled and the patches seem to be the root of the problem.
As for the Nvidia fix, I downloaded and placed it within the Baldur's Gate file folder in Program Files folder, but when I tried to run it, errors on the mini-DOS screen came up and it wouldn't install. I attached the Debug file to the post. Attached File  SETUP-NVIDIA_FIX.DEBUG   38.63K   922 downloads

I have a Dell Inspiron 1520 laptop running Windows Vista 32-bit
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T1700 @ 1.80GHz
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT
RAM: 3 GBs

#247 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 12:30 PM

nvidia_fix comes with an archaic version of WeiDU that required a full install of BG1. You can fix this by either doing a full install of BG1 (strongly suggested if you have the space for it) or by upgrading nvidia_fix's version.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#248 -endo-

-endo-

Posted 28 April 2010 - 01:04 PM

too bad the nvidia fix didn't fix my square black lines glitch in BG1 :( i installed bg1 over again, installed the fix becouse i couldn't patch it in my tuta folder, but i still get the glitch and a low fps rate/lag with hdexeleration off, the bigg, is the newest version of the fix posted on the forrum? if yes then i dont know whattodo, this fix is the last thing i tryed and it still doesn't work, half a day went on a horses shoe...

anyway my card if it would say something - geforce 6100 nforce 405 but i doubt it, any other suggestions folks ?

them squares surely mess up the play, btw when i play in 600x800 no glitches like that, online in widescreen, thanks for you time

#249 AynFuuser

AynFuuser
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:50 AM

Hello everyone. I installed the WSM on my wife's computer some time ago originally and I can remember it going off completely without a hitch and being very satisfied with it. However when trying to get her back in to the game last night I accidentally had her install both the BG1 patch as well as the TotSC patch which of course necessitated the removal and reinstallation of BG1. After reinstalling I noticed that the WSM mod was no longer working properly.

The green outline around the selected characters portrait would flicker at the very bottom for one. Also when I tried to tell the mod to function in, say, 1024 x 768 I would get the game shown to me in a tiny window on the upper left corner of the screen.

Now I followed a previous posters advice and re-deleted everything in the entire directory with the exception of the save files, thinking that maybe some old settings from the initial installation were interfering with the reinstallation of the game. Sadly, that did nothing.

Now then, as for what I've tried: The nvidia fix solves the black box issue for me in game but that's about it. I've honestly reread the readme on the WSM multiple times in an attempt to divine just what the heck I'm doing wrong this time around. I'm opening the WSM from the Baldur's Gate directory thinking it should - quite simply - just change the resolution to 1024 x 768 without too much of a hassle (like the first time!) but sadly I spent almost three hours on this last night and am at my wits end.

My wife is running windows XP home, has the TofSC patch, the Nvidia fix installed, and does not use any other mods such as Easy Tutu, etc. The only thing I maybe haven't tried is installing tutu but I never had to before to get this working. Please someone help spell this out for me before I go crazy? Means a lot to me that she finally plays through this masterpiece. :)

Thank you.

#250 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:39 AM

Now I followed a previous posters advice and re-deleted everything in the entire directory with the exception of the save files, thinking that maybe some old settings from the initial installation were interfering with the reinstallation of the game. Sadly, that did nothing.

In which directory?
See, as you installed the mod into the game, it alters the game files, and so if you then use a patch meant to be used in the original game, it all gets cheesed up.
What you should then do is uninstall the game, delete everything but the 'save' directory inside the game directory and then reinstall everything, the BG1, the BG - TotSC addon, the v(1.3)5512 patch and then the Nvidia fix & Widescreen mod... because that's what it was in the first place. Yey.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 19 May 2010 - 07:42 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#251 -halio11-

-halio11-

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:07 AM

Hi all,

I managed to fix this problem for baldur's gate in vista by enabling software directdraw. Maybe it also works in XP and for other infinity engine games, I haven't tried. It'll only work for the 2d rendering engine (OpenGL mode won't work). After you've applied the fix, the game is very fast and without any artifacts. The fix is permanent. You don't need loader scripts or stuff like that.

Here's how to:
1. Download and install the microsoft application compatiblity toolkit:
http://www.microsoft...;displaylang=en
2. Start the 'Compatibility Administrator' with administrator rights.
3. Click the 'New' Button
4. Right click the new database. Select 'Create new application fix...'
5. Name your program and vendor however you like. Browse to your bgmain2.exe file. Click next
6. Select 'None' for operating system modes. Don't select additional compatibility modes. Click next
7. Tick the 'ForceDirectDrawEmulation' compatibility fix.
8. Click next and finish.
9. Save your database.
10. Right click the database and select install. This will install the database.
11. Close the compatibility administrator and start baldur's gate. It should work correctly in 32bit mode without any ingame rendering fixes. You don't need to run the compatibility administrator again.

thanks to you guys.

works fine on my acer aspire one 751 with GMA500 graphics card and windows 7

#252 AynFuuser

AynFuuser
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:55 PM

In which directory?
See, as you installed the mod into the game, it alters the game files, and so if you then use a patch meant to be used in the original game, it all gets cheesed up.
What you should then do is uninstall the game, delete everything but the 'save' directory inside the game directory and then reinstall everything, the BG1, the BG - TotSC addon, the v(1.3)5512 patch and then the Nvidia fix & Widescreen mod... because that's what it was in the first place. Yey.

Thank you for the response Jarno. I did things in exactly that order. WSM is still not functioning properly and now she's having issues with sound clips and getting varied assertion line errors....I'm just totally puzzled that all of this didn't happen the first time we tried out this mod and now, with nothing in our computers altered (OS, hardware, etc.) we're getting this huge list of issues heh.

Could it by any chance have something to do with her old save files on TotSC?

Edited by AynFuuser, 19 May 2010 - 05:04 PM.

#253 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:37 AM

Could it by any chance have something to do with her old save files on TotSC?

Well, the association errors have been known to be caused by old saves... always start a new game when you try out new things. The sound files might also be cheesed because the creatures used have old references.. the install order would need to be the exact same when you try to use old saves, with no additions or version changes.

#254 Unique_Beat

Unique_Beat
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 05:15 PM

Hi all!

I've got a real dilemma here. I've been attempting to re-play the BGSaga on my new Windows 7 Ultimate - 64bit OS to no avail. Essentially my problem is this: When I get to Char Creation, and I type in the name, the computer stops detecting the mouse or keyboard buttons. I can still move the cursor around, but that's it.

Now, I've tested this every step of the way, after installing every game and expansion, and it's always the same problem. I've changed to different mouse and keyboard setups as well. Some wired, some wireless, no success.

Here's what I've done for troubleshooting so far:

-Attempted to use a pre-generated char. that already has a name, and I click accept and start the game. Everything in game looks fine. I can send my character wherever I want. But as soon as I use the keyboard, it does the half-freeze again. I continue to be able to move my mouse, and it even highlights different NPCs or chests that are in the area, but I can no longer successfully click on them.

-Downloaded Windows Virtual PC and ran XP on it. (XP is what I previously played BG on with success.) When I did this, I of course re-installed, and a new problem arose. Ultimate lag. The keyboard works fine, but the whole game is super laggy. I've tried widescreen mods. Different resolutions. Different performance settings. Updated patches. Tried Tutu. etc...

-Installed my discs on another system with XP. That worked, but it isn't my system.

I'd really rather have it working on Windows 7, but I'd just as easily welcome tips on getting it to work in Windows Virtual PC - XP Mode.

System Specs:

-AMD ATHLON 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ 2.70 GHz
-3GB Ram
-Asus M3N78-VM Motherboard with NVIDIA GeForce 8200 graphics card.
-Seagate 1TB HDD @ 7200Rpm

As to why it doesn't work in Windows 7, I'm at a loss.
For XP though I figure it's got something to do with the Video card, although it's the same card I had before and it worked. Only difference is I used to have XP-64 and the Windows Virtual PC provides 32-bit.

Anyway hit me back if ya got anything. Truly appreciate it.

Update: Same goes for Icewind Dale and Heart of Winter

#255 -DeKoszula-

-DeKoszula-

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:53 AM

Hello Friends! On my new laptop Lenovo Y550 with Gforce GT 130M i got low FPS - graphics looks ok but game is very very slow. On my old Toshiba L300-1EF (with Intel 4500) game was running fine! Any suggestions? :)

#256 -Bhaal-

-Bhaal-

Posted 26 June 2010 - 10:43 AM

Guys,When i try to install the widescreen mod for PS:T im getting this: (Im on Vista 32bit and sorry for the long message :S)
Install Component [Widescreen Mod]?
[N]o, [Q]uit or choose one:
1] for the original Infinity Engine (CHOOSE THIS!)
2] for GemRB
Uninstalling All Other Subcomponents of [Widescreen Mod]
Done Uninstalling All Other Subcomponents of [Widescreen Mod]

Installing [for the original Infinity Engine (CHOOSE THIS!)]
Creating 1 directory
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD5\/AREFILES.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD4\/AREFILES.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD3\/AREFILES.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD2\/AREFILES.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD1\/AREFILES.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\games\Planescape/AREFiles.bif]
[C:\games\Planescape/AREFiles.bif] 1313176 bytes, 208 files, 0 tilesets

Enter your X coordinate. It should be a number, >= 640.

Enter your Y coordinate. It should be a number, >= 480.

1280 x 800.

Are you sure? Y/N
Copying and patching 1 file ...
[torment.ini] loaded, 1058 bytes
[torment.exe] loaded, 5713981 bytes
torment.exe copied to widescreen/backup/0/torment.exe, 5713981 bytes
Copied [torment.exe] to [torment.exe]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD5\/INTERFACE.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD4\/INTERFACE.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD3\/INTERFACE.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD2\/INTERFACE.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD1\/INTERFACE.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\games\Planescape/Interface.bif]
[C:\games\Planescape/Interface.bif] 22568037 bytes, 544 files, 0 tilesets
Copied [WMMOSDP.mos] to [override/WMMOSDP.mos]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD5\/INTERFACEDBG.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD4\/INTERFACEDBG.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD3\/INTERFACEDBG.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD2\/INTERFACEDBG.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD1\/INTERFACEDBG.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\games\Planescape/InterfaceDbg.bif]
[C:\games\Planescape/InterfaceDbg.bif] 256522 bytes, 7 files, 0 tilesets
Copied [LUA.mos] to [override/LUA.mos]
Copied [CPMOSCP.mos] to [override/CPMOSCP.mos]
Copied [WMMOS2.mos] to [override/WMMOS2.mos]
Copied [CHEATPNL.mos] to [override/CHEATPNL.mos]
Copied [GPMOS6.mos] to [override/GPMOS6.mos]
Copied [CPMOSPPP.mos] to [override/CPMOSPPP.mos]
Copied [GPMOS5.mos] to [override/GPMOS5.mos]
[./override/GPMOS5.mos] loaded, 134584 bytes
Copied [GPMOS5.mos] to [override/GPMOS5.mos]
Copied [WMMOSFM.mos] to [override/WMMOSFM.mos]
Copied [guiworld.chu] to [override/guiworld.chu]
Copying and patching 18 files ...
Copied [ASMOS.mos] to [override/ASMOS.mos]
Copied [GUIALPHA.CHU] to [override/GUIALPHA.CHU]
Copied [CGMOSM.mos] to [override/CGMOSM.mos]
Copied [GUICG.CHU] to [override/GUICG.CHU]
Copied [WMMOS1.mos] to [override/WMMOS1.mos]
[./override/WMMOS2.mos] loaded, 112794 bytes
Copied [WMMOS2.mos] to [override/WMMOS2.mos]
Copied [WMMOS3.mos] to [override/WMMOS3.mos]
Copied [IVMOS.mos] to [override/IVMOS.mos]
Copied [GUIINV.CHU] to [override/GUIINV.CHU]
Copied [GUIJRNL.mos] to [override/GUIJRNL.mos]
[./override/GUIJRNL.mos] loaded, 1291304 bytes
[./override/GUIJRNL.mos] loaded, 1291304 bytes
Copied [GUIJRN2.mos] to [override/GUIJRN2.mos]
Copied [GUIJRNL.CHU] to [override/GUIJRNL.CHU]
Copied [GPMO10.mos] to [override/GPMO10.mos]
Copied [GUIKEYS.CHU] to [override/GUIKEYS.CHU]
Copied [SGMOS.mos] to [override/SGMOS.mos]
Copied [GUILOAD.CHU] to [override/GUILOAD.CHU]
[./override/WMMOS1.mos] loaded, 50179 bytes
[./override/WMMOS2.mos] loaded, 541294 bytes
[./override/WMMOS3.mos] loaded, 386235 bytes
Copied [MAPANEL.mos] to [override/MAPANEL.mos]
Copied [GUIMA.CHU] to [override/GUIMA.CHU]
Copied [MGMOS1.mos] to [override/MGMOS1.mos]
Copied [GUIMG.CHU] to [override/GUIMG.CHU]
Copied [OSMOS.mos] to [override/OSMOS.mos]
Copied [GPMOS3.mos] to [override/GPMOS3.mos]
[./override/GPMOS3.mos] loaded, 1291304 bytes
Copied [GUIOPT.CHU] to [override/GUIOPT.CHU]
Copied [PRMOS1.mos] to [override/PRMOS1.mos]
Copied [GUIPR.CHU] to [override/GUIPR.CHU]
Copied [STMOS.mos] to [override/STMOS.mos]
Copied [GUIREC.CHU] to [override/GUIREC.CHU]
[./override/SGMOS.mos] loaded, 1291304 bytes
Copied [GUISAVE.CHU] to [override/GUISAVE.CHU]
Copied [SSMOSMP.mos] to [override/SSMOSMP.mos]
Copied [SSMOSBSL.mos] to [override/SSMOSBSL.mos]
Copied [SSMOSIDP.mos] to [override/SSMOSIDP.mos]
Copied [SSMOSBSP.mos] to [override/SSMOSBSP.mos]
Copied [SSMOSSTP.mos] to [override/SSMOSSTP.mos]
Copied [SSMOSRRP.mos] to [override/SSMOSRRP.mos]
Copied [SSMOSBDK.mos] to [override/SSMOSBDK.mos]
Copied [SSMOSDON.mos] to [override/SSMOSDON.mos]
Copied [GUISTORE.CHU] to [override/GUISTORE.CHU]
Copied [WMMOSX.mos] to [override/WMMOSX.mos]
Copied [GUIWMAP.CHU] to [override/GUIWMAP.CHU]
[./override/GUIWORLD.CHU] loaded, 4988 bytes
[./override/LUA.mos] loaded, 134584 bytes
Copied [LUA.CHU] to [override/LUA.CHU]
Copied [IDMOS.mos] to [override/IDMOS.mos]
Copied [START.CHU] to [override/START.CHU]
Copying 1 file ...
Copied [empty] to [widescreen/areas]
Copying and patching 123 files ...
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD5\/AR0100.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD4\/AR0100.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD3\/AR0100.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD2\/AR0100.bif]
[I:\CD2\/AR0100.bif] 6584190 bytes, 5 files, 1 tilesets
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD5\/AR0101.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD4\/AR0101.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD3\/AR0101.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD2\/AR0101.bif]
[I:\CD2\/AR0101.bif] 9975504 bytes, 5 files, 1 tilesets
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD5\/AR0102.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD4\/AR0102.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD3\/AR0102.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD2\/AR0102.bif]
[I:\CD2\/AR0102.bif] 526114 bytes, 5 files, 1 tilesets
Appending to files ...
[widescreen/areas] loaded, 1 bytes
Appended text to [widescreen/areas]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD5\/AR0103.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD4\/AR0103.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD3\/AR0103.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD2\/AR0103.bif]
[I:\CD2\/AR0103.bif] 924932 bytes, 5 files, 1 tilesets
Appending to files ...
[widescreen/areas] loaded, 16 bytes
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD5\/AR0104.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD4\/AR0104.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD3\/AR0104.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD2\/AR0104.bif]
[I:\CD2\/AR0104.bif] 735476 bytes, 5 files, 1 tilesets
Appending to files ...
[widescreen/areas] loaded, 30 bytes
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD5\/AR0105.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD4\/AR0105.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD3\/AR0105.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD2\/AR0105.bif]
[I:\CD2\/AR0105.bif] 19110848 bytes, 5 files, 1 tilesets
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD5\/AR0106.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD4\/AR0106.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD3\/AR0106.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD2\/AR0106.bif]
[I:\CD2\/AR0106.bif] 2854990 bytes, 5 files, 1 tilesets
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD5\/AR0107.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD4\/AR0107.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD3\/AR0107.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD2\/AR0107.bif]
[I:\CD2\/AR0107.bif] 2856832 bytes, 5 files, 1 tilesets
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD5\/AR0108.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD4\/AR0108.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD3\/AR0108.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD2\/AR0108.bif]
[I:\CD2\/AR0108.bif] 22668376 bytes, 5 files, 1 tilesets
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD5\/AR0109.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD4\/AR0109.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD3\/AR0109.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD2\/AR0109.bif]
[I:\CD2\/AR0109.bif] 19978460 bytes, 5 files, 1 tilesets
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD5\/AR0110.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD4\/AR0110.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD3\/AR0110.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD2\/AR0110.bif]
[I:\CD2\/AR0110.bif] 10868462 bytes, 21 files, 1 tilesets
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD5\/AR0200.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD4\/AR0200.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD3\/AR0200.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD2\/AR0200.bif]
[I:\CD2\/AR0200.bif] 19177818 bytes, 5 files, 1 tilesets
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD5\/AR0201.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD4\/AR0201.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD3\/AR0201.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD2\/AR0201.bif]
[I:\CD2\/AR0201.bif] 20534870 bytes, 5 files, 3 tilesets
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD5\/AR0202.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD4\/AR0202.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD3\/AR0202.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD2\/AR0202.bif]
[I:\CD2\/AR0202.bif] 22008356 bytes, 6 files, 1 tilesets
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD5\/AR0203.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD4\/AR0203.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD3\/AR0203.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD2\/AR0203.bif]
[I:\CD2\/AR0203.bif] 17403120 bytes, 6 files, 1 tilesets
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD5\/AR0205.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD4\/AR0205.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD3\/AR0205.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD2\/AR0205.bif]
[I:\CD2\/AR0205.bif] 3374018 bytes, 5 files, 1 tilesets
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD5\/AR0206.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD4\/AR0206.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD3\/AR0206.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD2\/AR0206.bif]
[I:\CD2\/AR0206.bif] 956042 bytes, 5 files, 1 tilesets
Appending to files ...
[widescreen/areas] loaded, 44 bytes
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD5\/AR0207.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD4\/AR0207.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD3\/AR0207.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD2\/AR0207.bif]
[I:\CD2\/AR0207.bif] 955694 bytes, 5 files, 1 tilesets
Appending to files ...
[widescreen/areas] loaded, 58 bytes
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD5\/AR0208.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD4\/AR0208.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD3\/AR0208.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD2\/AR0208.bif]
[I:\CD2\/AR0208.bif] 20131014 bytes, 5 files, 1 tilesets
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD5\/AR0209.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD4\/AR0209.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD3\/AR0209.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD2\/AR0209.bif]
[I:\CD2\/AR0209.bif] 2170138 bytes, 5 files, 1 tilesets
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD5\/AR0300.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD4\/AR0300.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD3\/AR0300.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD2\/AR0300.bif]
[I:\CD2\/AR0300.bif] 11381472 bytes, 5 files, 1 tilesets
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD5\/AR0301.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD4\/AR0301.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD3\/AR0301.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD2\/AR0301.bif]
[I:\CD2\/AR0301.bif] 8201842 bytes, 5 files, 1 tilesets
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD5\/AR0302.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD4\/AR0302.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD3\/AR0302.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD2\/AR0302.bif]
[I:\CD2\/AR0302.bif] 1362722 bytes, 5 files, 1 tilesets
Appending to files ...
[widescreen/areas] loaded, 72 bytes
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD5\/AR0303.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD4\/AR0303.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD3\/AR0303.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD2\/AR0303.bif]
[I:\CD2\/AR0303.bif] 757962 bytes, 5 files, 1 tilesets
Appending to files ...
[widescreen/areas] loaded, 86 bytes
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD5\/AR0304.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD4\/AR0304.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD3\/AR0304.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD2\/AR0304.bif]
[I:\CD2\/AR0304.bif] 821418 bytes, 5 files, 1 tilesets
Appending to files ...
[widescreen/areas] loaded, 100 bytes
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD5\/AR0305.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD4\/AR0305.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD3\/AR0305.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD2\/AR0305.bif]
[I:\CD2\/AR0305.bif] 1072676 bytes, 5 files, 1 tilesets
Appending to files ...
[widescreen/areas] loaded, 114 bytes
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD5\/AR0306.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD4\/AR0306.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD3\/AR0306.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD2\/AR0306.bif]
[I:\CD2\/AR0306.bif] 694994 bytes, 5 files, 1 tilesets
Appending to files ...
[widescreen/areas] loaded, 128 bytes
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD5\/AR0400.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD4\/AR0400.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD3\/AR0400.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD2\/AR0400.bif]
[I:\CD2\/AR0400.bif] 13629328 bytes, 5 files, 1 tilesets
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD5\/AR0401.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD4\/AR0401.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD3\/AR0401.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD2\/AR0401.bif]
[I:\CD2\/AR0401.bif] 9296506 bytes, 5 files, 1 tilesets
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD5\/AR0402.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD4\/AR0402.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD3\/AR0402.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD2\/AR0402.bif]
[I:\CD2\/AR0402.bif] 5701368 bytes, 5 files, 1 tilesets
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD5\/AR0403.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD4\/AR0403.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD3\/AR0403.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD2\/AR0403.bif]
[I:\CD2\/AR0403.bif] 20978169 bytes, 6 files, 1 tilesets
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD5\/AR0404.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD4\/AR0404.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD3\/AR0404.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD2\/AR0404.bif]
[I:\CD2\/AR0404.bif] 3402042 bytes, 5 files, 1 tilesets
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD5\/AR0405.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD4\/AR0405.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD3\/AR0405.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD2\/AR0405.bif]
[I:\CD2\/AR0405.bif] 1864522 bytes, 7 files, 1 tilesets
Appending to files ...
[widescreen/areas] loaded, 142 bytes
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD5\/AR0500.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD4\/AR0500.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD3\/AR0500.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD2\/AR0500.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD1\/AR0500.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\games\Planescape/AR0500.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./cache/AR0500.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD5\/AR0500.cbf]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD4\/AR0500.cbf]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD3\/AR0500.cbf]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD2\/AR0500.cbf]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [I:\CD1\/AR0500.cbf]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\games\Planescape/AR0500.cbf]
ERROR: BIFF [./AR0500.BIF] cannot be loaded: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "./AR0500.BIF")

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
Resource [AR0500.WED] not found in KEY file:
[./chitin.key]
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [for the original Infinity Engine (CHOOSE THIS!)], rolling back to previous state
[widescreen/backup/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
Will uninstall 53 files for [WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2] component 0.
Restoring backed-up [widescreen/backup/0/torment.exe]
widescreen/backup/0/torment.exe copied to torment.exe, 5713981 bytes
Uninstalled 53 files for [WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2] component 0.
SETUP-PST-FIX.TP2 0 0 Installed
SETUP-PST-FIX.TP2 0 1 Installed
SETUP-PST-FIX.TP2 0 4 Installed
ERROR: Failure("resource [AR0500.WED] not found for 'COPY'")
PLEASE post the contents of the file SETUP-WIDESCREEN.DEBUG to this forum: http://forums.gibber...showtopic=12988
Using Language [English]
[English] has 1 top-level TRA files
[widescreen/tra/english/setup.tra] has 22 translation strings

#257 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 10:55 AM

Guys,When i try to install the widescreen mod for PS:T im getting this:

Your observation skills are remarkable, this is not a Widescreen mod sub-forum, it's here.
But from what I see, I can tell you that you do not have a full custom install as your torment.ini points to the I: drive... so back to basics and make a full custom install that is required.

As to why it doesn't work in Windows 7, I'm at a loss.

I think it has to do with the drivers, as that support has always been low on 64bit OS, but there's really nothing one can do about that.

Hello Friends! On my new laptop Lenovo Y550 with Gforce GT 130M i got low FPS - graphics looks ok but game is very very slow. On my old Toshiba L300-1EF (with Intel 4500) game was running fine! Any suggestions? :)

You could try to run the NVIDIA Control Panel, and flick the switches there...
Did you try the Compatibility Administrator trick?

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 26 June 2010 - 11:18 AM.

#258 -Beegs-

-Beegs-

Posted 12 August 2010 - 04:46 AM

Hallelujah. I believe my Windows 7 Nvidia lag issues with BGTutu have been solved. Or at least, I've been wandering around Beregost and the surroudning area for a while now and my frame rate hasn't dropped considerably once. Thanks for Compatibility Administrator tip.

#259 -Andrassy-

-Andrassy-

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:14 PM

Hello.

Despite installing this fix (I have a 8800gt), the game still looks like this: Posted Image

This is the GOG version. What should I do then?

#260 tangsoo68

tangsoo68
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 10:00 AM

Hi everyone,

I just installed torment from GOG and I installed all the fixes, patches, widescreen mode and UI mode in the correct order. I start playing the game and I have graphical errors with lines running through my screen. I am running a resolution of 1680x1050. My graphics card is a gtx 470 and I am running x64 Windows7. I have tried many of the fixes on this site and I cant get any of them to work. I tried following the instructions for the windowing program and couldn't get that to work either. I am not sure if it has anything to do with windows 7.

Thanx