Thrown Hammers

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#101 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

Seems to work for me. I think most of those messages are spurious though maybe a couple might be valid (though probably harmless since it displays as intended). I'll eventually take a look at it unless you want to try fixing it.

I looked at them, and the only real ones were a couple of dead links and missing quotation marks on the parameters for the width/height values for most of the images, but as you say it displays properly so I didn't bother to fix them.  Oh, and I think there was a missing </ div> and/or </ p> somewhere.  I'll add it to my to-do list, but it isn't at the top.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#102 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:05 AM

Seems to work for me. I think most of those messages are spurious though maybe a couple might be valid (though probably harmless since it displays as intended). I'll eventually take a look at it unless you want to try fixing it.

I looked at them, and the only real ones were a couple of dead links and missing quotation marks on the parameters for the width/height values for most of the images, but as you say it displays properly so I didn't bother to fix them.  Oh, and I think there was a missing </ div> and/or </ p> somewhere.  I'll add it to my to-do list, but it isn't at the top.

Checked off the to-do list :) .  (Sorry for all the Dropbox update notifications you probably got...)  All of the readmes found in Index of /Mirror for Readmes should now fully pass validation with no errors and essentially no warnings.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#103 -my very bad english-

-my very bad english-

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:27 AM

Unfortunately thrown hammers are incompatible with vanilla BG. When used (thrown) they crash my game. Lack of animation I guess...

#104 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:48 PM

Version 4 uploaded.
Version 4: 17 Aug 2014
- Updated Polish translation
- Updated WeiDU

Edited by Sam., 18 August 2014 - 11:48 PM.

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#105 -my very bad english-

-my very bad english-

Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:57 PM

So, is this work on vanilla BG?

#106 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:27 PM

So, is this work on vanilla BG?

It should, yes.  From the Compatibility section of the readme:

This mod works with any Infinity Engine game except PS:T. However, the new hammer projectiles will only appear for games based on the BG2 engine, since projectile identifiers seem to be hardcoded in other games. Make sure your game has the latest patch.

Edited by Sam., 11 September 2014 - 05:31 PM.

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#107 -my very bad english-

-my very bad english-

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:09 PM

TOS BG is patched, I'm sure. This is excellent mod, I used it many times in BG2,  even in Classical adventures TC without problems, but I'm afraid it wont work on good ole' BG. Last time I used it whenever I tried to throw one of these neat things the game went crushing. 

#108 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 10:19 PM

I'm afraid it wont work on good ole' BG. Last time I used it whenever I tried to throw one of these neat things the game went crushing. 

You were right, it was broken in BG1 (and maybe IWD).  Try the new version and let me know how it goes :) .  Thanks for pointing out that there was a problem!

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#109 -my very bad english-

-my very bad english-

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:20 PM

Sorry Sam, I already started new TOS BG with virtually every mod under the sun for it. I'm beta testing several mods, including ˝Mysteries of the sword coast˝ which have component quite similar to this mod, including in it throwing and master throwing hammers. I just arrived in Beregost, is it safe for me to install your mod when I already started the new game and will be conflicts with that polish mod? If not I gladly obliged you. In any case I'll download this version and when I try it I'll let you know.  :cheers:

#110 -my very bad english-

-my very bad english-

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:52 AM

Yay, working like a charm, even with that similar component from Mysteries of the Sword coast. Didn't install second component ( spiritual hammer ) but I guess that doesn't play mayor part. Glad it works, great mod! 

#111 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 10:36 AM

Translators Needed

Thanks to K4thos, Thrown Hammers is nearly fully EE compatible.  Basically the only thing missing now is translation updates.  I have corrected and updated the English ones (both EE and non-EE versions), but the French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, and Spanish translations all need to be updated.  Attached is the updated English TRAs as well as the outdated translations for the other languages, broken into EE and non-EE versions.

The only thing changed for the non-English languages is a copy (only items descriptions) of setup.tra named setup-EE.tra. This file should be adopted to use EE engine item description formatting that differs from the one in the vanilla engine. Before you start the work please check the BG:EE or BG2:EE TLK files to see how the descriptions are formatted in your language. Some of these strings already exists in game.

I (Sam.) have modified the English setup.tra and setup-EE.tra files to add as much consistency as possible across EE and non-EE games, and to minimize the effort required to translate two different versions of the same information.  Feel free to use this as a template rather than restructuring the existing translated descriptions yourself.  The English version of the TRAs also now contain more/corrected information compared to the strings shipped in the previous version (v4.1 fom September 15, 2014).

Attached File  translations.rar   42.29K   233 downloads

Also, if you happen to want to update the readme, the latest version can be found here.  The outdated French one is still here, for now.

Edited by Sam., 24 January 2016 - 10:39 AM.

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#112 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 04:37 PM

The french team (the d'Oghmatiques) will be on it in the future, but our translator is busy with another translation at the moment.

Edited by Graoumf, 26 January 2016 - 04:37 PM.

#113 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 05:42 AM

BiG World Fixpack patches this section of the setup-hammers2.tp2:

COPY_EXISTING ~tooltip.2da~ ~override~
    COUNT_2DA_COLS cl
    COUNT_2DA_ROWS 1 rw
    SPRINT cz ~~
    SPRINT rx ~          ~
    SPRINT ry ~-1~
    SPRINT rz ~~
    PATCH_IF cl < 5 BEGIN
      SPRINT rz ~$ $ 4~
      FOR (i = 0; i < (rw - 3); i += 1) BEGIN //Cycle through rows
        SPRINT rz ~%rz%~ ^ ~%rx%~ ^ ~%ry%~
      END
    END ELSE BEGIN
      FOR (i = 3; i < (cl - 1); i += 1) BEGIN //Cycle through columns
        SPRINT cz ~%cz%~ ^ ~%rx%~ ^ ~%ry%~
      END
    END
  BUT_ONLY

The Fixpack changes i = 3 in that line to i = 4:

FOR (i = 4; i < (cl - 1); i += 1) BEGIN //Cycle through columns

Considering that tooltip.2da seems to have 4 columns in both original BG2 and EE, I am not sure what game type that ELSE block (containing the affected line) affects.  Is the Fixpack correct or is that patch unnecessary now?

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#114 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Modder
  • 539 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 02:05 PM

The fix is correct.

tooltip.2da can support tooltips for more than 3 abilities. (Thrown Hammers requires at least 4.)  The two code paths here deal with the case when tooltip.2da has 4 columns (supporting 3 abilities) or when it has 5 or more columns (supporting 4 or more abilities).  In the first case, it has to append an additional column to all of the rows in the file.  In the latter case, any rows it adds to the file have to padded with additional values.  The fix corrects an indexing error that causes the mod to append too many additional values.

#115 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 02:59 PM

Thanks Mike. The fix was undocumented. I've updated the Fixpack to reference your post here.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#116 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 10:23 AM

Reference :)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#117 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 03:47 PM

Thanks all :) .  I have patched the .tp2 as you have suggested and pushed to github:  ThrownHammers.

I had links to the github project in this thread, but they were lost when the forum DB was reverted...

Edited by Sam., 12 July 2016 - 03:48 PM.

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#118 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 08:58 PM

Sam, if you create a full "release" on GitHub (not just a tag), we can transition BWS to use a redirect URL for the download link so it will always fetch your latest release, instead of having to update BWS manually. Please consider this when you are ready to version up.

https://help.github....ating-releases/

Don't forget to update the version number in the tp2 when you make a new release. Helps with troubleshooting when users report problems because the version in the tp2 shows up in users' WeiDU log.

#119 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 05:56 PM

Sam, if you create a full "release" on GitHub (not just a tag), we can transition BWS to use a redirect URL for the download link so it will always fetch your latest release, instead of having to update BWS manually. Please consider this when you are ready to version up.

https://help.github....ating-releases/

Don't forget to update the version number in the tp2 when you make a new release. Helps with troubleshooting when users report problems because the version in the tp2 shows up in users' WeiDU log.

I'm not sure I understand why you wouldn't want to automatically grab the commit at the tip of the branch "master" instead?  I'll be sure to update the version number each commit from now on.

Edit:  Regardless, I have done as you asked :)

Edited by Sam., 15 July 2016 - 06:18 PM.

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#120 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 09:48 PM

Master branches are not always stable. We want to minimize install problems for users. Taking latest version only gives you control over what BWS will download while simplifying maintenance for us; plus you don't have to be as careful about testing your master branch changes before committing them. Plus you don't need to change version for every commit - only for releases.

Edited by agb1, 15 July 2016 - 09:51 PM.