Hisyune [Deceased]

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#81 Lykainon

Lykainon

Extraordinary in a way your puny mortal brain cannot grasp.

• 198 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 11:38 AM

And for the junkyard parts appearance part: One could easily use the "polymorph" effect for that but I don't think there's any creature in the BG avatars set that looks even remotely like a pile of junk, so so much for that <_< .

Maybe her animation could change to the "death"-animation of a (Lesser?) Fire Elemental? Doesn't look like junk but it would stand out from normal folks dying and if we've learned anything from action movies, it's that machinery always go down in flames. ;)

Edited by Lykainon, 01 December 2008 - 11:40 AM.

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meet the rising ape."

- Death, Hogfather (Terry Pratchett)

Arr! There be a pirate in the making!

#82 Sebastian

Sebastian
  • 65 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 02:36 PM

And for the junkyard parts appearance part: One could easily use the "polymorph" effect for that but I don't think there's any creature in the BG avatars set that looks even remotely like a pile of junk, so so much for that <_< .

Maybe her animation could change to the "death"-animation of a (Lesser?) Fire Elemental? Doesn't look like junk but it would stand out from normal folks dying and if we've learned anything from action movies, it's that machinery always go down in flames. ;)

I don't think that would look good because the unconscious/dead animation of a fire elemental is a body-shaped pile of embers on the ground and it wouldn't look like there were any body parts left to put back together.

Unfortunately, I don't have BG(II) installed at the moment so I can't check the aspect of every avatar. Still, maybe one could MIMIC that by using the animation of, say... ground objects... something... there must be a ground object bam that looks like a pile of junk right? lol

//Sebastian

P.S. Note that one does not imply that the author should use any of these ideas as they only portray ONE of the directions in which this discussion could go. Do whatever you feel like doing and it'll undoubtedly turn out great :D

#83 Thanatos.

Thanatos.
  • 474 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 02:50 PM

But if you have to flee from your battle, she won't be able to follow, or move, for that matter.

#84 -Death Folder-

-Death Folder-

Posted 01 December 2008 - 10:48 PM

P.S. Note that one does not imply that the author should use any of these ideas as they only portray ONE of the directions in which this discussion could go. Do whatever you feel like doing and it'll undoubtedly turn out great :D

I know. 'Tis all food for thought. I may not post as much as you guys, but I am reading, pondering and considering intensely.

A few standard sound lines in sudden inspiration. None are necessarily final. Rewrites may happen.

Select 1 - What do you wish of me?
Select 2 - I do not understand...why do you stare at me so?
Select 3 - Awaiting your orders.
Select 4 - I am ready.
Select 5 - Insufficient data. Please clarify.

Action 1 - Affirmatory. It shall be done immediately.
Action 2 - Operating at full efficiency.
Action 3 - Processing order. Please wait...
Action 4 - Calculating estimated time of completion...

Night - Shadows detected. Activating infravision...
In Forest - Metaphor: "The Lungs of Faerun", created by Archdruid Ikenthsan Marikke between Flamerule one and twenty-two, several decades in the past. Exact year unknown.

Death - System failure...
Reaction to party member death - We have lost an ally.
Panic - Error detected. Unable to operate under current circumstances.
Tired - Warning: Power core energy levels below 20 percent. Please initiate rest sequence.
Becoming leader - You wish for me to resume your tasks? It shall be done at once.

Edited by Death Folder, 01 December 2008 - 11:16 PM.

#85 Icendoan

Icendoan

"An Infinite Deal of Nothing"

• 1723 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 12:00 AM

~Parsing.Parse_Error NEAR TEXT "REPLY"~

Heh. It would be funny. It is the WeiDU error message, if you didn't already know.

Icen

Edited by Icendoan, 02 December 2008 - 12:02 AM.

Proud member of the 'I HATE Elminster!' Club!

Mods in development: Keeping Yoshimo

#86 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 12:04 AM

"Does... not... compute..." would be too cliche. <_<

"Tyranny is a quiet thing at first, a prim and proper lady pursing her lips and shaking her head disapprovingly, asking, well what were you doing (wearing that dress, walking home at that hour, expressing those inappropriate thoughts) anyway? It's subtle and insidious, disguised as reasonable precautions which become more and more oppressive over time, until our lives are defined by the things we must avoid. She's easy enough to agree with, after all, she's only trying to help -- and yet she's one of the most dangerous influences we face, because if she prevails, it puts the raping, robbing, axe-wielding madmen of the world in complete control. Eventually they'll barely need to wield a thing, all they'll have to do is leer menacingly and we fall all over ourselves trying to placate them." -godlizard

#87 -Death Folder-

-Death Folder-

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:14 AM

Hehe, indeed. ^_^ I should really get some .cre making and writing done in the coming weeks. Those are things I can do at this point.

#88 Thanatos.

Thanatos.
  • 474 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 05:42 PM

Good luck. We're all here if ya have any questions. ^_^

#89 -Death Folder-

-Death Folder-

Posted 02 December 2008 - 11:31 PM

Good to know. :) Gond knows I'm probably going to need it.

#90 -Death Folder-

-Death Folder-

Posted 22 December 2008 - 01:01 AM

In a moment of inspiration, I have written a few banters. :o

Hisyune & Yoshimo (in one of the taverns)

Yoshimo: Hisyune, why not join me for a drink?
Hisyune: I do not require fluids to function properly. Please clarify the need for my presence?
Yoshimo: Sometimes, one's presence is enough, even if they do not drink. Please, join me. I am curious to know more about you.
Hisyune: Very well. What do you wish to know?
Yoshimo: Whatever you wish to share. You are a curious being, shrouded in mystery of mechanics.
Hisyune: ...I am unable to fulfill your request. Please specify your query.
Yoshimo: Well, take this drink, for example. You say you do not require it. That is understandable, as not everyone enjoys strong beverages such as this.
Hisyune: Do you require it, Yoshimo?
Yoshimo: No, I do not. I could just as easily drink something else, but I choose this, for I enjoy its taste.
Hisyune: Taste?
Yoshimo: Yes, er...flavour. A sensation that comes when one's tongue touches something. It can be very pleasant, and repulsive as well, sadly.
Hisyune: May I...taste...your fluids?
Yoshimo: I certainly hope you are referring to my drink. Here, try it.
Hisyune: ....
Yoshimo: Well?
Hisyune: ....I detect nothing unusual.
Yoshimo: Nothing at all?
Hisyune: Negative.
Yoshimo: My sympathies...

Not quite happy with the way it ends...
Next one:

Hisyune & Aerie 2 (continuing first banter)

Aerie: We spoke before on the matter of pain, didn't we?
Hisyune: Affirmatory, Aerie. We did.
Aerie: You said you didn't feel any pain... How is that possible?
Hisyune: My creator, he said... He did not install emotion in my system. I am unable to experience it, and...I...
Aerie: What is it, Hisyune? Is something wrong?
Hisyune: ...It puzzles me. I do not understand what it is that everyone else feels.
Aerie: But...if it puzzles you... That, in itself, is an emotion.
Hisyune: It...is? Attempting to calculate....
Aerie: Yes, Hisyune... it's called confusion.
Hisyune: ...calculation complete. "Confusion" raised by 7 percent. I do not understand why I "feel" an emotion, while I am not able to.
Aerie: I'm afraid I do not know the answer to that either. It might be that you are more "human" than you think, or becoming it, at least.
Hisyune: I will run a search through my database during the next rest period.

Again, not quite happy with how it ends.
Next:

Hisyune & Korgan

Korgan: A fine-lookin' cogbox of murder, ye are. I didnae know them bloody mages could make golems like yerself!
Hisyune: Incorrect. The proper term is "construct".
Korgan: Eh, same thing, it is. Ye still be one decent piece o' murder equipment. Pity our "grand leader" is yer boss. I tells ye, if either one o' ye even thinks of turnin' on me, ye'll both be gettin' a new opening.
Hisyune: Threat detected. Awaiting your orders...

1) Go ahead, attack Korgan.
2) Don't bother, Hisyune. He's not worth the effort.

1-
Hisyune: Affirmatory. Commencing combat.
Korgan: Blast an' bloody--!! I'll cleave ye both in twain!!

2-
Hisyune: Affirmatory. Ignoring threat and continuing previous action...
Korgan: Bah. Any time ye be ready, ye cowardly cogbox.

Not my best Korgan banter, but I like the choice.

#91 Lykainon

Lykainon

• 198 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 01:14 AM

Not quite happy with the way it ends...

I like it but I agree that the ending is the weakest part. Maybe she could react to the drink somehow? I doubt constructs can get drunk but ethanol is a pretty potent chemical, it could have some effect on her systems.
"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meet the rising ape."

#92 -Death Folder-

-Death Folder-

Posted 22 December 2008 - 03:35 AM

It's possible. I would have to do a little research, though...chemicals aren't my strong point, and I don't drink alcohol myself.

#93 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 03:49 AM

Hey, Terminator NPC! Cool.

That could easily be fixed, just change the portrait to a picture of Summer Glau. There can never be too many cute female robots who are very advanced and have human characteristics played by Summer Glau. Ever.

Words of wisdom.

(Or, at least, an alternate pic wouldn't hurt).

#94 Lykainon

Lykainon

• 198 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 04:50 AM

It's possible. I would have to do a little research, though...chemicals aren't my strong point, and I don't drink alcohol myself.

While I don't know much beyond the basics of chemistry, I do have quite extensive experience with being drunk. Then again, I'm not robo... eh, construct so I don't know how much that would help. ;)
Something that could be kind of funny would be if Hisyune displayed some stereotypical drunk behavior (being clingy/overly emotional/bragging/etc.) in her own robotic fashion.

Words of wisdom.

But of course. :D

#95 -Death Folder-

-Death Folder-

Posted 22 December 2008 - 08:29 AM

While I don't know much beyond the basics of chemistry, I do have quite extensive experience with being drunk. Then again, I'm not robo... eh, construct so I don't know how much that would help. ;)

Er...yeah. Not exactly information I wanted to know, but I guess I asked for it, heh.

(Or, at least, an alternate pic wouldn't hurt).

Of course. More pictures would be nice.

Edited by Death Folder, 22 December 2008 - 08:30 AM.

#96 Thanatos.

Thanatos.
  • 474 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:49 PM

WHats the status report on Hisyune, anyway?

#97 -Death Folder-

-Death Folder-

Posted 23 December 2008 - 02:00 AM

*cringes* Aside from a few nasty banters? Nothing. In fact, dialogue and minor coding is about all I could do for Hisyune at the moment. All the advanced construct-coding that is required is beyond me, unfortunately. I wish I could be as dedicated and motivated as the others here. You are all promising new-generation modders. :) I fear this is out of my league.

#98 Thanatos.

Thanatos.
  • 474 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 03:47 AM

Fear not, milady, Icen is on his way.

#99 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 04:46 AM

Small steps, Death Folder. :) Don't do like I did the first time around and start with the most difficult things. It does take time to learn.

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#100 -Death Folder-

-Death Folder-

Posted 23 December 2008 - 11:48 AM

I'll try. It's overwhelming, though.