The Darkest Day 1.12 forum/thread

• Please log in to reply
257 replies to this topic

#41 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:07 AM

heheheh... after having endured Aza's Improved Melanthium, Tapanasacar wasn't too tough. :whistling: But it was certainly more memorable than the original topaz dragon. That much is certain. He did sometimes cast Greater Malison a bit too frequently, which I found odd considering the spell doesn't stack but I think even the unedited version displayed that behavior, and I suppose it gives the party time for a breather.

Overall, a worthy adversary! Nicely done Hoppy. :cheers:

Thanks for the fixes.

I am glad you liked it and nothing comes close to Melanthium from the Planar Sphere mod :crying:

I didn't want to make Tapanasacar extremely tough and definitely not a "cream-puff" as before :devil:. I think the original problem was that his script would hang and he would only cast some minor spells in addition to knocking himself out with wing attacks.

Did he cast the Topaz Dragon Breath after he was Barely Injured, Injured, or any other level of decreased hitpoints? Also were the BAM and VVC for the spell visible?

Thanks for testing the Topaz Dragon Revisited :cheers:
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#42 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:31 AM

Did he cast the Topaz Dragon Breath after he was Barely Injured, Injured, or any other level of decreased hitpoints? Also were the BAM and VVC for the spell visible?

Yes, in fact the reason I asked you for the BAM was that I couldn't see the animation at first (file didn't exist in my install), and as a result the game crashed everytime he casted Topaz Dragon breath, but now everything's working as it should (i saw a nice bluish purple dragon breath animation).

As for your first question, IIRC, he casts Topaz Dragon breath a few times at Barely Injured, Injured, and also a couple of times at Badly Injured and at Near Death (but it may also have been that he could of casted it even when his stoneskin/protections were removed. I don't think I encountered any issues there (i'll have to check when I get home). What was I saying earlier about the Greater Malison thing was that, once he exhausts all of his offensive spells on you, he fires a constant barrage of neverending GMs (from his spell trigger) and sometimes (rarely) throws in a offensive spell like Wing Buffet, or Dragon Fear or Remove Magic in between.

#43 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:58 AM

What was I saying earlier about the Greater Malison thing was that, once he exhausts all of his offensive spells on you, he fires a constant barrage of neverending GMs (from his spell trigger) and sometimes (rarely) throws in a offensive spell like Wing Buffet, or Dragon Fear or Remove Magic in between.

I forgot to add this is only if you choose not to attack and simply let him cast all his spells. So most players wouldn't notice it anyway; either they would've won the battle by then, or become shish kebabs as part of Tappy's morning breakfast. ;)

#44 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:32 AM

I will check the Greater Mals again but I think he is triggered to cast seperately for individual party members as he did in my battle. Then he hits groups with the Dragon Breath (reduces strength and party member can't move if he/she fails a save) and ice storms. I tried it with some medium level TDD NPCs on core and it took a long time to beat him. Quite fun.

I redid the rar pack and included the BAM here:
http://www.shsforums...&...st&p=430783

I left the BAM as a separate dload just in case.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#45 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:27 PM

Some gamers reported the following:

In Irenicus Dungeon exists very often 2 bungles (Ettins) and 4 ogres and very rare 1 Ettin and 2 ogres as it should be. So a duplication. The Ettins/ogres appear directly before the exit from Irenicus Dungeon and inform the player which they stand guard for the master.

One gamer has a suggestion:

With TDD exist the map trollford. There appear 3 giants who announce themselves with an earthquake. The Jittereffekt is too strong and this looks not at all good. It would be better as well as with RoT in the cutscene at the beginning where the crystalshard cannot find Dizzt any more. This Jittereffekt is made much nicer. One would need only the variables for the Jitter change and already looks better.

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#46 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:27 PM

In Irenicus Dungeon exists very often 2 bungles (Ettins) and 4 ogres and very rare 1 Ettin and 2 ogres as it should be. So a duplication. The Ettins/ogres appear directly before the exit from Irenicus Dungeon and inform the player which they stand guard for the master.

Noted and will fix. :cheers:

With TDD exist the map trollford. There appear 3 giants who announce themselves with an earthquake. The Jittereffekt is too strong and this looks not at all good. It would be better as well as with RoT in the cutscene at the beginning where the crystalshard cannot find Dizzt any more. This Jittereffekt is made much nicer. One would need only the variables for the Jitter change and already looks better.

Greetings Leomar

Matter of opinion and not a bug unless it causes massive CTD's which I doubt :rolleyes:

Edited by Hoppy, 20 January 2009 - 11:34 PM.

- King Diamond

#47 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:46 PM

Actually the duplicate is not TDD's fault. Ahhhaaa!!

It is BP177 in bAR0603.BCS in folder BP177/SNIP that needs to be changed where it says this:

IF
	InMyArea("dungettn")
	Global("TDDGoods","AR0603",0)
	DifficultyGT(EASY)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("TDDGoods","AR0603",1)
		CreateCreature("dungettn",[2958.2101],4) // Ettin
END

IF
	InMyArea("dungettn")
	Global("TDDGoods","AR0603",1)
	DifficultyGT(NORMAL)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("TDDGoods","AR0603",2)
		CreateCreature("wraith01",[647.1347],4) // Wraith
END

TDD has the script for bAR0603 to write this to it which is its own creature creation. BP just duplicates it so we have two creatures with same dialog and the extra spawns.

TDD from bAR0603 in TDD/SNIP
IF
  Global("extra603","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
			 CreateCreature("wraith01",[647.1347],4)
			 CreateCreature("dungettn",[2958.2101],4)
			 SetGlobal("extra603","GLOBAL",1)
END

IF
  Global("dungettinhelp","GLOBAL",1)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
			 CreateCreature("ddogre01",[2532.2331],4)
			 CreateCreature("ddogre01",[2401.2515],4)
			 SetGlobal("dungettinhelp","GLOBAL",2)
END

When both mods are installed, you get the two script blocks firing unless the difficulty is set lower than the BP check but they have two entirely different GLOBAL settings so most often, they will both fire. Unless the player plays on easy.

Edited by Hoppy, 20 January 2009 - 11:50 PM.

- King Diamond

#48 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 12:39 PM

heheheh... after having endured Aza's Improved Melanthium, Tapanasacar wasn't too tough. :whistling:

Extended! Extended! Not 'Improved'! :cheers:

#49 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 12:39 PM

Actually the duplicate is not TDD's fault. Ahhhaaa!!

It is BP177 in bAR0603.BCS in folder BP177/SNIP that needs to be changed where it says this:

IF
	InMyArea("dungettn")
	Global("TDDGoods","AR0603",0)
	DifficultyGT(EASY)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("TDDGoods","AR0603",1)
		CreateCreature("dungettn",[2958.2101],4) // Ettin
END

IF
	InMyArea("dungettn")
	Global("TDDGoods","AR0603",1)
	DifficultyGT(NORMAL)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("TDDGoods","AR0603",2)
		CreateCreature("wraith01",[647.1347],4) // Wraith
END

TDD has the script for bAR0603 to write this to it which is its own creature creation. BP just duplicates it so we have two creatures with same dialog and the extra spawns.

TDD from bAR0603 in TDD/SNIP
IF
  Global("extra603","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
			 CreateCreature("wraith01",[647.1347],4)
			 CreateCreature("dungettn",[2958.2101],4)
			 SetGlobal("extra603","GLOBAL",1)
END

IF
  Global("dungettinhelp","GLOBAL",1)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
			 CreateCreature("ddogre01",[2532.2331],4)
			 CreateCreature("ddogre01",[2401.2515],4)
			 SetGlobal("dungettinhelp","GLOBAL",2)
END

When both mods are installed, you get the two script blocks firing unless the difficulty is set lower than the BP check but they have two entirely different GLOBAL settings so most often, they will both fire. Unless the player plays on easy.

What do you recommend for BP? A statement to NOT compile bAR0603.BCS if TDD is installed?

#50 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 04:18 PM

That would make the whole BP script (bAR0603.BCS) not get applied and that same script adds the second part of Ilyich also. If TDD is installed and that BP script is left out, players will have a heck of time finding Ily when he changes forms after the first encounter.

Can BP make separate BAFS for the actual contents of bAR0603.BCS (BP177/SNIP). Then the TP2 can do a check for TDD and leave out the second part (duplicate) but still retain the Ilyich block? All the SNIPs in BP folder are already compiled so it would be nice to seperate the comtent depending what is installed already.

I hope that made sense :unsure:

- King Diamond

#51 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 08:01 PM

That would make the whole BP script (bAR0603.BCS) not get applied and that same script adds the second part of Ilyich also. If TDD is installed and that BP script is left out, players will have a heck of time finding Ily when he changes forms after the first encounter.

Can BP make separate BAFS for the actual contents of bAR0603.BCS (BP177/SNIP). Then the TP2 can do a check for TDD and leave out the second part (duplicate) but still retain the Ilyich block? All the SNIPs in BP folder are already compiled so it would be nice to seperate the comtent depending what is installed already.

It does, and it will be done.

#52 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:16 AM

It does, and it will be done.

Groovy :hug:

- King Diamond

#53 LoneRogue

LoneRogue
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:58 AM

Hey All,

Does anyone still have a copy of TDD-WeiDU v105.rar that I could download? I've been desperately searching all over the web only to find nothing. It's for archival and research purposes only.

Thank you,
LoneRogue
"I Find Your Lack of Faith Disturbing..."

Master Gamer (old school)
RPGA & Squadron Member

#54 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 08:05 AM

Hey All,

Does anyone still have a copy of TDD-WeiDU v105.rar that I could download? I've been desperately searching all over the web only to find nothing. It's for archival and research purposes only.

Thank you,
LoneRogue

Hi Lone Rogue,
I replied also in your other thread and I am working on getting one. :cheers:

- King Diamond

#55 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 02:22 PM

I've reported a problem with the following BG1 NPC soundfiles in TDD here in post #24:

Kagain (41 files), Kivan (41), Montaron (41), Shar-Teel (41), Yeslick (41)

When someone wants to play TDD without BGT, we should offer the existing German sound files from BG1 for BG2. Is it possible, that I attach the German BG1 NPC soundfiles for you, so you can make oggs and include them in TDD? When a gamer installs TDD in German, so he gets the German BG1 NPC soundfiles for these NPCs.

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
- Chevalier

#56 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:47 PM

I've reported a problem with the following BG1 NPC soundfiles in TDD here in post #24:

Kagain (41 files), Kivan (41), Montaron (41), Shar-Teel (41), Yeslick (41)

When someone wants to play TDD without BGT, we should offer the existing German sound files from BG1 for BG2. Is it possible, that I attach the German BG1 NPC soundfiles for you, so you can make oggs and include them in TDD? When a gamer installs TDD in German, so he gets the German BG1 NPC soundfiles for these NPCs.

Greetings Leomar

Sure Leomar, I will give King Diamond the finished updates with changes and he can format it for the next version. If they are already in OGG format for BGT that would be easier but WAV is fine if that is not the case.

:cheers:

- King Diamond

#57 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:18 PM

All right. I'll do that.
:cheers:

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier

#58 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 06:42 AM

Attached are the existing German sounds of the NPCs Kagain, Kivan, Montaron, Shar-Teel and Yeslick.

Greetings Leomar

Attached Files

- Chevalier

#59 DeusEx

DeusEx

Disappearing Member

• 757 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:04 AM

Hi :)

I noticed a very small annoying problem with one of the areas. When you go to Umar Hills, to the mimic cave, you find there a pond you can dive in and end up in a small tunnel area infested with driders and drow, right, well there you find a small place with lots of books in shelves however some of the shelves are unreachable (can't get the books) because you can't go near enough. the area is AR3575 (x=780, Y=495).

#60 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:21 AM

Hi :)

I noticed a very small annoying problem with one of the areas. When you go to Umar Hills, to the mimic cave, you find there a pond you can dive in and end up in a small tunnel area infested with driders and drow, right, well there you find a small place with lots of books in shelves however some of the shelves are unreachable (can't get the books) because you can't go near enough. the area is AR3575 (x=780, Y=495).

Yes, that CtB area needs a reworked search map.

It takes a village...