The Darkest Day 1.12 forum/thread

• Please log in to reply
257 replies to this topic

#221 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:34 PM

So the entrances are both being added to the same spot (sewer grate)?

Well, the entrance from TS25minimod is added at the left side of the map, more or less directly south of the planar sphere, the first house from the north. I had no idea if/where TDD adds an entrance, so I just installed TDD without TS25mini and had a look. There was no entrance at this place, at least none I could see in the game. I also tried strg-4, nothing in blue... :blink: So I'd say (at the moment): There is no entrance added by TDD, at least not at this place, and therefore it cannot be the reason of the problem/ctd.

Edit: I also just tested with TS25mini alone, there's a blue area shown by strg-4, even if one cannot enter without having started the quest.

TDD takes the sewer grate in the east side of the map, near the slaver ship.

EDIT: You may try looking the Forest of Tethyr patch and look at the code that White Agnus used and the accompanying macro. That seems to work well as CtB changes an entrance there and this patch adds another.

Edited by Hoppy, 10 September 2010 - 08:52 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#222 -Fennek-

-Fennek-

Posted 11 September 2010 - 02:14 AM

Can this really cause a problem, if it is on the other side of the map?
And not cause a problem, if one installs TDD after TS25mini?:ph34r:

#223 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 04:25 AM

The problem isn't the entrances themselves but how they are patched. From the angle that I see things, TDD does a better job patching the area with its entrance than TS25 does with patching its entrance. I will leave the conclusions to you.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#224 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 08:17 AM

Golem :unsure:

10th

Nevermind, I may have been thinking of something else or solved the slowdown by changing the timers in the dragon script.

- King Diamond

#225 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 10:09 AM

Changelog so far for 1.14.

Note: Please have the Worldmap mod (required)

http://www.shsforums...ds&showfile=308

downloaded and EXTRACTED ONLY before Installing The Darkest Day.
This will make sure your worldmap files get updated ESPECIALLY
if you plan to use the Revised Travel Times Component of Worldmap with
The Darkest Day modification and for better compatibility.

* Requires the BG2fixpack at least the Core fixes component to install

Happy Gaming!!

Hoppy
v1.14: Changes/fixes from v1.13
--------------------------------
1. Italian translation added by ilot.

2. Updated to WeiDU version 220.

3. DDMANSH2.ITM fixed by Miloch.

4. MXSPLPAL.2da level 50 ruleset appending fixed by Wisp.

5. Rolled back scripts for TDD NPC and their quests. An attempt was made in 1.13 to allow BGT versions of NPC's to get the TDD quests as well.
Epic fail and this attempt is completely ignored. Install TDD after BGT for TDD NPC's to have their quests function. Install BGT after
TDD to have imported BGT NPC's from BG1 to get the quests offered by TDD.

6. Added a string missing in all WeiDU versions for DDNAMCH1.ITM. If applied, the title for Charname is changed.

7. Script typos and fixes by Lollorian.

8. Append SHOUTIDS.IDS fix by Miloch.

9. Re-edited the DRAGTOPE.BAF and changed MINUTE timers to ROUNDS to prevent choppy actions and better playability. Works better and we no longer need
The Super Happy Funlucky Modder component of BG2 fixpack.

10. * Added a BG2 fixpack core component check so installation will fail immediately if the component is not installed.

11. MHSWD.ITM changed to be used by Mage Hunter kit. It may unlock usability by Wizard Slayer now but it is a start. Also changed the BAM
(ddmhswd.bam) to look unique. BAM downloaded from TeamBG.org

12. Strengthened the extra spawn script in AR0602 as there was some weird looping going on. <<unsure>>

If anyone want to test it PM me and if I like you, you can get a copy. :lol:

:cheers:

Edited by Hoppy, 13 September 2010 - 02:41 PM.

- King Diamond

#226 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 02:34 PM

10. * Added a BG2 fixpack core component check so installation will fail immediately if the component is not installed.

Really? Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Good work Hoppy!!! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image But for the unusued file "KHELBUN.TRA" (seem to be an other Npc), are there possibilities to restored it?

And for others unusued files.tra???

PS: I would like remember you that<BR>In the village, near the dead cow I can speak with a little boy ("Ragazzino" in the italian language), but in the tp2.tra description there is: @20264 = ~Dead Man~!!!!!

PS2:
Pascha Salam first tasks (About Heart of prison guard)

If I decide for evil quest and kill the guard prison, when I keep the heart I noticed that is an Horse heart (but should be an Human Heart)!!!!!!

Thank you for you hard work in this mod!!!!!!!!!!! Posted Image

Edited by ilot, 11 September 2010 - 02:53 PM.

Italian mods tanslator!!!!

#227 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 02:45 PM

Really? Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Good work Hoppy!!! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image But for the unusued file "KHELBUN.TRA" (seem to be an other Npc), are there possibilities to restored it? And for others unusued files.tra??? <BR><BR>PS: I would like remember you that<BR>In the village, near the dead cow I can speak with a little boy ("Ragazzino" in the italian language), but in the tp2.tra description there is: @20264 = ~Dead Man~!!!!!<BR>

Little boy will replace dead man in 1.14. I have done that already if you want to test a final Italian install. Might be good to make sure the worldmap comes out OK too in Italian. :lol:

Yes there are some unused files and bits that were never used even in the first version. If you want you can give me a list of ones you found and I will see where they may have been left out.

EDIT: The pirate has a horse heart, :lol: that makes sense.

I think we just need a description change so I will just make it "heart". Whether it comes from a dude or a horse is only known by the player and not Pasha.

What's the item code again?

Edited by Hoppy, 13 September 2010 - 07:33 AM.

- King Diamond

#228 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 03:01 PM

Little boy will replace dead man in 1.14. I have done that already if you want to test a final Italian install. Might be good to make sure the worldmap comes out OK too in Italian. Posted Image

Ok, if you want PM me and I can test it but I'm very busy in this days!!

Yes there are some unused files and bits that were never used even in the first version. If you want you can give me a list of ones you found and I will see where they may have been left out.

Here is the list of unusued files:

Benker01.tra

Banker02.tra

Ddken.tra

Ddkuirie.tra

Khelbun.tra

Ddminto.tra

Dungettn.tra

Testtest.tra

Posted Image Posted Image

#229 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 02:25 AM

The problem isn't the entrances themselves but how they are patched. From the angle that I see things, TDD does a better job patching the area with its entrance than TS25 does with patching its entrance. I will leave the conclusions to you.

Well, the conclusion is then rather obvious :D : I'll have to find somebody who fixes this, because I am far too inexperienced to do it. I guess I'll open a threat for this, and some other bugs.

#230 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 03:56 AM

If I may, here's the relevant code bit from Setup-ts25mini.tp2

Spoiler

... and here's the above thingus converted into the region-entrance adding stuff directly lifted from TDD and BPv190 :D

Spoiler

Fennek, have a try with the .tp2 attached ... and tell me if your PC assplodes :devil: and check out the crashing area if it doesn't :P

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 12 September 2010 - 03:57 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#231 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 10:21 AM

Thanks man! :cheers:
However, I get a parse error (line 1661, ~AR0400.are~; the very last line of your second spoiler:
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES ~AR0400.are~)
and cannot install the component.

If I take ~AR0400.are~ out, I can install, but there's still a ctd. :huh:

Edited by Fennek, 12 September 2010 - 10:25 AM.

#232 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 10:28 AM

Lol :lol: figures ...

Anyway, something must have changed in the new patching method, so it'd be awesome if you could upload the ar0400.are :) (maybe in a new thread cause this isn't TDD's problem now :D)

Also, can you come on IRC??

Edited by Lollorian, 12 September 2010 - 10:29 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#233 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:14 AM

WTF :wacko:

I can install everything in all languages with 0 errors except Polish. It fails at the beginning so now what the deuce?

Using Language [Polish]
[Polish] has 2 top-level TRA files
[TDD/Language/Polish/setup.tra] has 219 translation strings

[TDD/Language/Polish/tp2.tra] LEXER ERROR at line 1 column 0--1
Near Text: þ
        invalid character [þ]

[TDD/Language/Polish/tp2.tra]  ERROR at line 1 column 0--1
Near Text: þ
        Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [TDD/Language/Polish/tp2.tra]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: problem parsing TP file [SETUP-TDD.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error

FATAL ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error

I can't even see that character in line 1. I have this:

@20000 = ~The Darkest Day, v1.14~

EDIT: I think i fixed it but I try Polish playthrough now :lol:

Edited by Hoppy, 13 September 2010 - 11:56 AM.

- King Diamond

#234 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 02:23 PM

Wow this thread was fun but it is time to "take off this uniform and leave the show."

The Darkest Day technical/bug thread is being moved here:

The Darkest Day

- King Diamond

#235 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 02:58 PM

Thanks Hoppy for keeping this mod alive & up to date! :new_thumbs:

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#236 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:10 AM

Thanks Hoppy for keeping this mod alive & up to date! :new_thumbs:

Thanks for all your encouragement right from the beginning. :cheers: :Bow:

- King Diamond

#237 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:51 AM

I guess we all appreciate your work. :Bow:
(Although I think that children might be afraid of your avatar. :ph34r: )

#238 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 12:56 PM

I guess we all appreciate your work. :Bow:
(Although I think that children might be afraid of your avatar. :ph34r: )

That's "Eddie", my modding alter-ego. Thanks for all your reports 8)

- King Diamond

#239 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:55 AM

Hoppy, I have updated file for male/female.

Attached Files

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon

#240 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 01:21 AM

EDIT: The pirate has a horse heart, Posted Image that makes sense.

I think we just need a description change so I will just make it "heart". Whether it comes from a dude or a horse is only known by the player and not Pasha.

What's the item code again?

Itam code: "calheart" Posted Image

Edited by ilot, 17 September 2010 - 01:22 AM.