• Please log in to reply
1025 replies to this topic

#301 Ikki

Ikki
  • Validating
  • 123 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 11:13 AM

Thanks Ikki :cheers:

Looks like BWPFixpack 9.1.2 just changed the VERSION tag (deja vu anyone?? :rolleyes:) Here's the 9.0.2 file with all the 9.1.3 changes :P

Thank you Lollorian :cheers:
You are right with the version tag but something went wrong
Here another edit with notepad++ with the change in the version tag
Attached File  BiG World Fixpack_tactics2_NUL_fix2.rar   7.92K   230 downloads
someone should triple check :lol: just to be sure

Edited by Ikki, 21 May 2010 - 11:39 AM.

#302 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 04:34 PM

Whoops :P Thanks again man!

Ya know, I was thinkin, why not remove all of them NUL's and let WeiDU fill them eh?? :D Here's a Tactics.tp2 (NOT a BWPFixpack patch) with all the relevant stuff size capped (#2, #8 and #32)

If anyone's using the Tactics fix, use Ikki's last file to overwrite the BWPFixpack ... or wait until the BWP team makes a patch out of this .tp2 :P

Attached Files

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#303 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 03:27 AM

Problem with BP-Level 50 Ruleset component, if one doesn't use TDD. Might be a problem in the mod, might be because of now unnecessary fixes in the fixpack (what I don't think...), or what ever.

http://www.shsforums...47

Was the only problem :cheers: in my installation. This better calls for help-stuff from SCSII and BP-Ascension came up again, but it won't break the game... SCS works fine. I could start the game. Nothing crazy happended. :cheers: :D

#304 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 05:34 PM

Heya! :cheers:

I noticed some changes haven't been patchified into the BWPFixpack :P Reuploadin them here as a reminder :)

@Fennek: :coolthumb: (btw the BWPFixpack deprecated all the fixes for BPv179 when BPv179g got out :lol:)

Attached Files

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#305 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 11:51 PM

@Fennek: :coolthumb: (btw the BWPFixpack deprecated all the fixes for BPv179 when BPv179g got out :lol:)

:whistling: :ph34r: (I should read the readme more often...)
Anyway, I think the problem with BP is not limited to it. TDD has it, as it seems, too.

#306 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 04:39 AM

I noticed some changes haven't been patchified into the BWPFixpack :P Reuploadin them here as a reminder :)

The fixes for DKDrizzt are not needed anymore, because they are included in the recent version v2beta3.

Version 2.0 Beta 3
- Lollorian's corrected AreaCheck - 4500.are -> AR4500.are - DrizztToB/DKDri25.baf
- Lollorian's !Dead(Myself) correction - DKAuftrag/DKSkripte/DKAuril.baf
(http://www.shsforums...post__p__483485)
- Added DKDrizzt.txt
- Added VERSION flag
- Moved Setup-DKDrizzt.tp2 into the mod folder
- Updated to WeiDU v215

The fixes for Ruad and Uldar are not needed anymore, too, because the mods were updated, today.

I'll include the other fixes into the BW Fixpack. Thanks for the reminder. :D

[EDIT]

The fix for Thael is included in the recent version, too:

2.32 - Lollorian's corrected GLOBAL typo - Thael_d.D
- Lollorian's replaced Infernales/Zakix.BAF
(http://www.shsforums...post__p__483525)
- Zeroed effects offset in [Thael\Sindel\GBuss.cre]
- Added VERSION flag
- Updated to WeiDU v215

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 23 May 2010 - 04:45 AM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#307 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 10:24 AM

DKDrizzt ... Ruad and Uldar ... Thael

Looks like I forgot to update the mods at my end :doh:

#308 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:06 AM

We're getting fixes for BP and maybe also for TDD, let's see what happens. 8)

http://www.shsforums...60

#309 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 12:08 PM

Well, this is my BWPDebug's Fixpack stuff ... (the fails in vic and TDD are my fault btw :P)

Spoiler

#310 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 12:10 PM

:doh: I hate my networkz!!!

Edited by Lollorian, 28 May 2010 - 12:17 PM.

#311 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 01:03 PM

May I ask a question? What's a "Zeroed effects offset"? I see it listed a bazillion times, but I know for a fact that there is nothing wrong with the creature files in most of these mods. Is it the same as saying "fixing something that isn't broken"?

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#312 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 01:49 PM

From the readme:
Spoiler

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#313 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 03:50 PM

So, in the case of gavin_bg2 creatures, it's definitely fixing something that isn't broken. Both b!gav08.cre and b!gav13.cre are stripped of all items. All equiped items are added during installation with the tp2. I think you're getting a false positive.

Edited by berelinde, 28 May 2010 - 03:51 PM.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods

#314 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 04:06 PM

I think Miloch's Cre Fixer is being confused with Taimon's CreChecker here. "Zeroed effects offset" (error message from CreChecker) means the value read from 0x2c4 in the cre file is 0. This may or may not be a problem for the mod the creature is from, but it becomes a problem if another mod tries to add an effect to the creature.

#315 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Modder
  • 539 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 04:16 PM

So, in the case of gavin_bg2 creatures, it's definitely fixing something that isn't broken. Both b!gav08.cre and b!gav13.cre are stripped of all items. All equiped items are added during installation with the tp2. I think you're getting a false positive.

The problem that's being detected is that the .cre files in your mod folder have an invalid offset specified for where the items are supposed to be located in the file. It's not such a big deal in this case, because it looks like the ADD_CRE_ITEM command recognises there's a problem and fixes it at install-time. In cases where invalid offsets are not fixed, the game may not have any problems loading the files, but other mods will run into problems later when they try to patch those files, possibly failing to install or corrupting the file.

#316 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 05:27 PM

Wisp is right, to quote from what dabus quoted (from my CRE fixer, which is different):

Note: This should not be confused with Taimon's Creature Fixer for zeroed offsets or Nythrun's Resource Fixer macros for buggered creature and item ordering, both of which are also included in BWP and have separate (but related) uses.

But while I don't exactly understand what the "zeroed effects offset" is fixing, I would normally trust anything that Taimon has coded, so if you're saying it's hosing your otherwise unhosed CREs, you should definitely raise that a bit. Are you're saying it's removing their otherwise equipped items? From what I understood, it only corrected an offset that could otherwise get misinterpreted by way of future patches.

Edit: you don't use NI to make your CREs by any chance, do you? You should really use DLTCEP if so. I'm not biased, NI is great for a lot of things, but making CREs is not one of them.

Edited by Miloch, 28 May 2010 - 05:32 PM.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#317 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 06:18 PM

Wisp is right, to quote from what dabus quoted (from my CRE fixer, which is different):

Note: This should not be confused with Taimon's Creature Fixer for zeroed offsets or Nythrun's Resource Fixer macros for buggered creature and item ordering, both of which are also included in BWP and have separate (but related) uses.

But while I don't exactly understand what the "zeroed effects offset" is fixing, I would normally trust anything that Taimon has coded, so if you're saying it's hosing your otherwise unhosed CREs, you should definitely raise that a bit. Are you're saying it's removing their otherwise equipped items? From what I understood, it only corrected an offset that could otherwise get misinterpreted by way of future patches.

Edit: you don't use NI to make your CREs by any chance, do you? You should really use DLTCEP if so. I'm not biased, NI is great for a lot of things, but making CREs is not one of them.

No, since there aren't any items on the CRE, there's nothing to remove, and I haven't had any reports of anything breaking with or without it. IIRC, the CRE in question is the same one that was in BG1 Gavin, renamed and XP adjusted with DLTCEP, so it's odd that it shows up for BG2 and not BG1. Of course, this could be wrong, since I made the CRE about three years ago now. I'm well aware of NI creature corruption. Ask me how one of the BG1 quest NPCs wound up with 999 onyx rings in his shield slot and 4 suits of full plate in his helmet slot.

I'm not protesting that CREs are getting changed! I was just rather surprised to see it here. There I was, doing a quick forum sweep, and I noticed that the BFP was fixing a previously unreported problem with one of my mods. I would have thought that it would be better to notify the modder that there's a problem with the CRE rather than just fixing it with the BiG Fixpack. Not all players use it, after all, and if it's important enough to fix here, it's important enough to fix in the mod. Sure, you'd probably have to explain what exactly needed fixing 700 times that way, but you can always copy and paste a pre-written explanation and it is a more definitive soltion, at least for mods that are actively maintained. Now that I know there's an issue, I'll see what I can do about replacing the CREs when I do ToB. :)

berelinde's mods

#318 Solaufein

Solaufein

No fate but what we make

• Modder
  • 263 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 06:27 PM

Interesting indeed. The only authorized "fixes" of any of my mods is found at my community. Especially considering I was not made aware of any so-called issues.

Edited by Solaufein, 28 May 2010 - 06:28 PM.

Her lips were red, her looks were free
Her locks were as yellow as gold
Her skin was white as leprosy.
The Nightmare Life-in-Death was she,
Who thicks man's blood with cold.

Samuel Taylor Coleridge

http://teambg.net
The Undying

#319 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 06:47 PM

I think it might be time again for this from the Big World pdf

Gamers and modders sometimes have different views regarding megamods:
Gamers want to download the whole bunch all in one go, preferably in just one gigantic file from a single website.
Modders however would rather gamers only download their mods from their authorized sites. They prefer you
visit their homepages and have the opportunity to get additional information about their mods. They also want
to ensure that gamers are downloading the correct version of their mod, not one that may have had unauthorised
changes made to it.
BWP will satisfy both sides. With the link-list you can download the original mods from their respective authorised
sites and install them with batch files. Then you will have the megamod ready to play on your computer.
The required patches are inserted only on your computer. In order to not infringe on any copyrights, BWP includes
no modified mods, only instructions on how to install the mod as well as complete solution proposals
(the patches and the batch files). If you alter the mods yourself in the privacy of your own home, it is solely by
and for yourself and completely legitimate.
This is important information for those players who find a solution themselves, but are uneasy about making it
public.
The best example is the BGT mod itself. It modifies the complete BG1 game. The modified game may not be
distributed, but you can create this modification by yourself on your computer!
It would be unfair to the modders, not to inform them if an error is found. It is also unfair to the players, not to
publish a solution due to concern for getting on the wrong side of the modder. Nothing is more frustrating for
other players than to read that although a solution has been found to a problem, no patch is available or published.
Taking the honourable attitude ?Never touch someone other?s mod? may mean there will be no further
development because it often takes months before an updated version appears, assuming the mod is still generally
supported. Also, for any number of reasons, some modders are not interested in making their mod compatible
with other mods (including BGT) if they have to add even one single line of code. Such a mod would
then not be playable at all.
BWP is working closely with the modders. Once we have a new bug fix, it will be installed with the BWP Fixpack
and is immediately available to all players. At the same time, the modder will be informed about the
patches made.
Many of the modders support their mods further and as a general rule include the patch with the mod?s next
update. However, this can sometimes take several months. Until then the patch is able be used by all players
and tested in combination with other mods. Once the correction in the original mod is done and the patch is no
longer needed, we delete it again from the Fixpack. This is also helpful for the modders, because it means all
the found fixes are bundled up in one place instead of scattered over the whole net. The same is true for all
text patches.
This is fair to both sides and has long been accepted. After all, the BWP with its wide dissemination and consistent
structure is an enormous and best test platform for the modders.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#320 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:23 PM

@B: Watch closely what I quoted...

No, since there aren't any items on the CRE, there's nothing to remove, and I haven't had any reports of anything breaking with or without it. IIRC, the CRE in question is the same one that was in BG1 Gavin, renamed and XP adjusted with DLTCEP, so it's odd that it shows up for BG2 and not BG1. Of course, this could be wrong, since I made the CRE about three years ago now. I'm well aware of NI creature corruption. Ask me how one of the BG1 quest NPCs wound up with 999 onyx rings in his shield slot and 4 suits of full plate in his helmet slot.

Well, the problem might be like this, the DLTCEP can't correct the problems the NI makes... and the NI shows the items as identifiers from the line -1, so if the creature doesn't actually have an item, it's identifier is "-1", which is a zero in layman's terms.

I'm not protesting that CREs are getting changed! I was just rather surprised to see it here. There I was, doing a quick forum sweep, and I noticed that the BFP was fixing a previously unreported problem with one of my mods. I would have thought that it would be better to notify the modder that there's a problem with the CRE rather than just fixing it with the BiG Fixpack. Not all players use it, after all, and if it's important enough to fix here, it's important enough to fix in the mod. Sure, you'd probably have to explain what exactly needed fixing 700 times that way, but you can always copy and paste a pre-written explanation and it is a more definitive soltion, at least for mods that are actively maintained. Now that I know there's an issue, I'll see what I can do about replacing the CREs when I do ToB.

@Everyone else and B: We, the megamodders don't have a autoreadme kind of rulebook to the inner workings of all the megamods mod compositions, so what B is asking, she should ask from the mods maker(whichever .cre fixer made it)... and then give us the reason too. :whistling:

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.