1025 replies to this topic

#1 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 04:37 AM

Comment MODDER in 1pp.tp2.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#2 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 01:01 AM

Adding some more recent fixes: :cheers:

Problem installing Dark Horizons
Fix: Download the latest version of DarkHorizons

Random demonic encounters in normal areas
Fix: Download the latest version of Haiass el Lobo

Crashes in areas (Small Teeth Pass, Marching mountains, North forest)
Fix: Install Tactics mod components 31, 32, 33 before G3 Fixpack

Crash to Desktop (CtD) in South Forest
Fix: here

Assertion error in Helm and Cloak Inn
Fix: Fixed in latest version of Replacement Lightmaps

Edited by Lollorian, 17 October 2009 - 06:04 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#3 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 01:12 AM

Longbows not usable by multiclass clerics
Fix: Install Item Revisions after BGT

Eee, that could cause a lot of other bugs, so I would install the Bow mod... Ii-h I can't seem to find it just now, well when I get to home, I'll guess I have to upload it myself.

Attached Files

• Attached File  Bow.rar   468.91K   850 downloads

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 19 September 2009 - 01:19 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#4 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 01:50 AM

Ok, removed that :P But what kinda problems are we talking about if we install it just after BGT? :huh: I was reading this and it seems like Demivrgvs himself uses it almost at the end :mellow: just before SCS

Cheers,
Lol

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#5 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 02:10 AM

Ok, removed that :P But what kinda problems are we talking about if we install it just after BGT? :huh: I was reading this and it seems like Demivrgvs himself uses it almost at the end :mellow: just before SCS

The Mods that were formally known as 'BP components' use the same items as a base of their own items as the IR modifies, so if you install IR later, the items in TDD, TS-BP, SoS, BGT and other big mods might have different properties than the once in the real BG2 that are modified by the IR.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#6 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 02:31 AM

Problems with huge amounts of experience gained in a BWP tactic install if playing BGT

#7 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 03:05 AM

That's a cool thread. :)
Leonardo and the others will have less work with that one. :)
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#8 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 07:34 AM

Fix: here (or install Haiass after SCSII)

This is not a fix for the BWP Fixpack (even says so in that link :P). The fix is the 2nd part of what you say, or wait for the next release.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#9 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:47 AM

:cheers: Fixed da fix

Cheers,
Lol

#10 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Modder
  • 539 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 11:42 AM

The main IR component does not make longbows usable by multi-class clerics. The optional ''Remove Cleric Weapon Restrictions from Multi-classed Clerics" component does, and it should be (and is with BWP) installed much later than the main component. If this component appears not to be working, please let me know.

#11 -linedog-

-linedog-

Posted 09 September 2009 - 04:31 PM

The main IR component does not make longbows usable by multi-class clerics. The optional ''Remove Cleric Weapon Restrictions from Multi-classed Clerics" component does, and it should be (and is with BWP) installed much later than the main component. If this component appears not to be working, please let me know.

The npc1 mod, which is installed almost last, will give the option to fix this if you run it manually. At least it did so for one of my installs.

#12 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 05:21 AM

Ignorable (but annoying) warnings during BGT install
Fix: Fixed in BGT 1.08

Dark Horizon's Friendly Arm Inn merchants with blank 1 gp items

Edited by Lollorian, 17 October 2009 - 06:04 AM.

#13 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 05:30 PM

CtD in Southern Forest (specifically cause of Paddy Stoutfellow)
Fix: temporary hotfix here

Problem installing NEW version of DarkHorizons

Missing Long Bow of Marksmanship from BGI (incompatibility between The Vault and Thalantyr's Item Upgrade)

Edited by Lollorian, 18 September 2009 - 04:56 AM.

#14 OneEyedPhoenix

OneEyedPhoenix
  • 308 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 03:07 PM

I haven't got the code for this but if the proficiency bonuses changes (As with TDD for instance) so should the following vanilla BG2 dialog.tlk strings (Corrected text included):

StringRef: 9588

You have been given proficiencies to start your character with. These represent the ability to effectively use weapons. You may choose from any of the selectable proficiencies available to your character class. A fighter character will be able to choose the same proficiency up to five times. This will grant additional levels of specialization with the weapon listed. Keep in mind that a character can use any weapon available to their race and class whether proficient with it or not. However, there will be a minus to the attack roll if the character attacks with a non-proficient weapon.

Proficiency Slot Table:
1 slot: none
2 slots: +1 to hit, +2 to damage, an extra half attack.
3 slots: +2 to hit, +2 to damage, an extra half attack.
4 slots: +2 to hit, +3 to damage, an extra half attack. -1 to speed
5 slots: +2 to hit, +4 to damage, an extra half attack. -3 to speed

[b]Edited:[/b]

You have been given proficiencies to start your character with. These represent the ability to effectively use weapons. You may choose from any of the selectable proficiencies available to your character class. A fighter character will be able to choose the same proficiency up to five times. This will grant additional levels of specialization with the weapon listed. Keep in mind that a character can use any weapon available to their race and class whether proficient with it or not. However, there will be a minus to the attack roll if the character attacks with a non-proficient weapon.

Proficiency Slot Table:
1 slot: none
2 slots: +1 to hit, +2 to damage, an extra half attack.
3 slots: +2 to hit, +2 to damage, an extra attack.
4 slots: +2 to hit, +3 to damage, one and a half extra attacks. -1 to speed
5 slots: +3 to hit, +3 to damage, two extra attacks. -3 to speed[/codebox]

[codebox]StringRef: 32120

Grand Mastery:  At this level the character receives +2 to hit and +3 to damage, gains an extra 1/2 attack per round, and gains a -1 to speed factor with the selected weapon.

Grand Mastery:  At this level the character receives +3 to hit and +3 to damage, gains two extra attacks per round, and gains a -3 to speed factor with the selected weapon.[/codebox]

[codebox]
StringRef: 32119

High Mastery:  At this level the character receives +2 to hit and +2 to damage, gains an extra 1/2 attack per round, and gains a -1 to speed factor with the selected weapon.

High Mastery:  At this level the character receives +2 to hit and +3 to damage, gains one and a half extra attacks per round, and gains a -1 to speed factor with the selected weapon.[/codebox]

[codebox]StringRef: 32118

Mastery:  At this level the character receives +2 to hit and +2 to damage with the selected weapon, and also gains an extra 1/2 attack per round with the selected weapon.
<strong class='bbc'>Edited:</strong>Mastery:  At this level the character receives +2 to hit and +2 to damage with the selected weapon, and also gains an extra attack per round with the selected weapon.

#15 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 06:10 PM

I haven't got the code for this but if the proficiency bonuses changes (As with TDD for instance) so should the following vanilla BG2 dialog.tlk strings (Corrected text included):

Isn't this like the "True Grandmastery" components already in the BG2 Tweak Pack or whatever? If so, I'm sure it also mods the relevant strings. Seems kind of overkill for the BG2 engine though if you ask me (which is probably why they changed it from BG1 to BG2).

P.S.: codeboxes suck, or did I say that already? :P

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#16 OneEyedPhoenix

OneEyedPhoenix
  • 308 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 12:17 AM

Isn't this like the "True Grandmastery" components already in the BG2 Tweak Pack or whatever? If so, I'm sure it also mods the relevant strings. Seems kind of overkill for the BG2 engine though if you ask me (which is probably why they changed it from BG1 to BG2).

Something like that, yes. The problematic mod isn't BG2 Tweak Pack however, but TDD. In my game TDD is the only mod to have altered wspecial.2da, but apparently it doesn't update the relevant strings with corrected values. Since TDD is no longer supported (unless I'm mistaken) I thought this would be a natural job for the Fixpack.

I agree about the overkill part, but I think the bonuses was too nerfed with vanilla BG2. Should be something in between maybe.

Edited by OneEyedPhoenix, 19 September 2009 - 12:20 AM.

#17 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 12:25 AM

TDD is still supported by Hoppy (albeit it only has a bug-reporting thread to its name :P)

Cheers,
Lol

#18 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 04:08 AM

Rupert the Dye Merchant's Bottles have greenish backgrounds (fixed in latest version)

Edited by Lollorian, 05 March 2010 - 03:37 AM.

#19 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 08:54 AM

TDD is still supported by Hoppy (albeit it only has a bug-reporting thread to its name :P)

Cheers,
Lol

And some fixes. :whistling: It is slow for me but I will have a present soon.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#20 OneEyedPhoenix

OneEyedPhoenix
  • 308 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 11:57 AM

And some fixes. :whistling: It is slow for me but I will have a present soon.

Is it Christmas already?