BiG World Project (BWP) v8.2

• Please log in to reply
493 replies to this topic

#21 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 04:52 PM

@Sanity: I first thought this was some isolated case or sommin (cause no one seemed to have this problem and I think the BWP guys would've tested the newest versions of these mods :P), but seeing that you were able to fix it, :coolthumb: it would be better if you could report this to the author in this thread so he could probably investigate and fix this thing in the package itself ;)

(and NearInfinity is also great for custom hackjobs btw :P)

@martix: Well, if you already followed the guide and did everything as it says or if you used the BiG World Install.bat (but I don't think it has a Minimal option yet :unsure:), you probably don't have to wait :P

Did you use the Generalized Biffing Mod?? If yes, you can start playing immediately (and hope nothing went wrong :devil:) If you didn't, attach your WeiDU.log and do the GenBiffing in the meantime ;) (bear in mind that you CANNOT add/remove mods after biffing unless you're reinstalling BGII :P)

The Mix Mod has components that change stack sizes :D The normal BWP recommended is a 300% increase but you could change that by editing the .bat and reading the .pdf :P

Cheers,
Lol

Edited by Lollorian, 12 November 2009 - 05:05 PM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#22 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:02 PM

@Sanity: I first thought this was some isolated case or sommin (cause no one seemed to have this problem and I think the BWP guys would've tested the newest versions of these mods :P), but seeing that you were able to fix it, :coolthumb: it would be better if you could report this to the author in this thread so he could probably investigate and fix this thing in the package itself ;)

Sanity, Lollorian is right, please report the Dark Horizons bug at the mod forum, so the mod-author can fix it. Thanks for finding it out. :)
And yes, the reason why we moved the mod to the Expert-version are the items. If you can live with it, then you can edit the Install.bat, to get Dark Horizons installed in the BWP-version you want.

%IFXS%DarkHorizons%S%DarkHorizons%L%0%SK% 0 | %M%
Instead of the X in IFXS, change it to a T to IFTS for Tactic-version or delete the X (IFS) for Standard-version.

@martix: Well, if you already followed the guide and did everything as it says or if you used the BiG World Install.bat (but I don't think it has a Minimal option yet :unsure:), you probably don't have to wait :P

martix, if you only download and extract the mods, which are mentioned for the BGT-Minimal-version, then you can use the Install.bat without problems. The Install.bat installs only mods, which are present in the BG2 directory.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 12 November 2009 - 09:04 PM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#23 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 12:59 AM

(and NearInfinity is also great for custom hackjobs btw :P)

No it isn't, not for CREs anyway, since it tends to corrupt them pretty easily. In fact, it could well be these CREs were created with NI to begin with, which is why they're hosed - you're better off using DLTCEP for them.

I find it hard to believe that only invalid kits would cause CREs to crash, since really that should do nothing, but who knows, odder things cause CREs to crash. The "misplaced header" messages point to deeper problems though. Usually, DLTCEP will (try to) fix such problems (NI won't) but they're not always fixable, meaning sometimes you have to rebuild the CREs from scratch.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#24 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 01:11 AM

Well that's new :D Thanks for the info :coolthumb: (but some guys are tryin to fix NI, right??)

Cheers,
Lol

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#25 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 01:21 AM

but some guys are tryin to fix NI, right??

Being as how that was probably devSin who posted that (someone involved in the development) I don't know if it's fixable.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#26 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 02:33 AM

You can get the "BiG World Setup v8.2" from the Download-Center, now.

The "BiG World Textpack Spanish" gots an update, too.

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
- Chevalier

#27 The Baboon

The Baboon
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 06:47 AM

Great work once more. :)

Just to be sure, none of the component numbers have changed, am I seeing this right?
Meaning I could still use my 8.1 install.bat for all the mods that were already included in it?

#28 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 07:01 AM

Meaning I could still use my 8.1 install.bat for all the mods that were already included in it?

Wouldn't it be easier to just use the BWS8.2 and uncheck what you don't want?? (you'll have to choose the "Further customize ..." option in the screen where you enter the paths)

But, afaik, component numbers haven't changed since 8.1, so you can probably use the 8.1 install.bat (but just in case ... :whistling:)

Cheers,
Lol

#29 martix

martix
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 07:13 AM

Me and my timing... I decide I can't wait a few hours before the release. Go figure.
Anyway.

Thank you very much for the BWS! Keep up the phenomenal work you are doing.

#30 The Baboon

The Baboon
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 07:15 AM

Wouldn't it be easier to just use the BWS8.2 and uncheck what you don't want?? (you'll have to choose the "Further customize ..." option in the screen where you enter the paths)

But, afaik, component numbers haven't changed since 8.1, so you can probably use the 8.1 install.bat (but just in case ... :whistling:)

Cheers,
Lol

I have a fairly heavily customized Tactics installation. Well, half-Tactics, anyway, since I stay clear of some of the harder or more tedious components like SCS' Improved Spiders or Tower of Deception's Ustrain encounter.

Some tampering with the batch file to change the installed components is needed for that, and it can easily take an hour to do this.
Not to mention that I'd invariably forget something and notice this about two minutes after starting the game.

Well, anyways: Thanks.

Edited by The Baboon, 13 November 2009 - 07:16 AM.

#31 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 07:20 AM

I have a fairly heavily customized Tactics installation. Well, half-Tactics, anyway, since I stay clear of some of the harder or more tedious components like SCS' Improved Spiders or Tower of Deception's Ustrain encounter.

I didn't know you were modding the .bat :coolthumb:

In that case, it's safe to use the 8.1 install.bat (but you should probably use a diffing program like WinMerge to compare the new 8.2 and your modded 8.1 to make sure you're not missing anything ;))

EDIT: Just noticed a new BWP Fixpack 6.2.1 (beta) uploaded. And it's an MB larger than the 8.2 fixpack :o

Cheers,
Lol

Edited by Lollorian, 13 November 2009 - 07:22 AM.

#32 Sanity

Sanity
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 08:52 AM

QUOTE(Lollorian @ Nov 13 2009, 01:52 AM)
@Sanity: I first thought this was some isolated case or sommin (cause no one seemed to have this problem and I think the BWP guys would've tested the newest versions of these mods ), but seeing that you were able to fix it, it would be better if you could report this to the author in this thread so he could probably investigate and fix this thing in the package itself
Sanity, Lollorian is right, please report the Dark Horizons bug at the mod forum, so the mod-author can fix it. Thanks for finding it out.
And yes, the reason why we moved the mod to the Expert-version are the items. If you can live with it, then you can edit the Install.bat, to get Dark Horizons installed in the BWP-version you want.

CODE%IFXS%DarkHorizons%S%DarkHorizons%L%0%SK% 0 | %M%
Instead of the X in IFXS, change it to a T to IFTS for Tactic-version or delete the X (IFS) for Standard-version.

Thanks for this.
@Lollorian, Yea Im still pretty sure its a freak accident or something, maybe my karma is too low or I need to go to the temple and buy up some rep points. As far as reporting to COM forum, is there a way to post without registering? Man I hate email authintication?

You can get the "BiG World Setup v8.2" from the Download-Center, now.

The "BiG World Textpack Spanish" gots an update, too.

Greetings Leomar

Wohoo!!!! Now I can get back to playing, well in the 40-50 hours it takes install 8.2

#33 The Baboon

The Baboon
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 11:08 AM

I didn't know you were modding the .bat :coolthumb:

Yeah, I didn't make that clear, did I?
I thought most people were doing that and didn't mention it... :whistling:

In that case, it's safe to use the 8.1 install.bat (but you should probably use a diffing program like WinMerge to compare the new 8.2 and your modded 8.1 to make sure you're not missing anything ;))

Did that, and it should work fine. It does so far, too. Tyris Flare was in another place than I put her, but I guess that's inconsequential. (Still moved her to where the BWP team put her.)

Edited by The Baboon, 13 November 2009 - 11:09 AM.

#34 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 11:20 PM

Like Lollorian told, the BW Fixpack gots an update:

BiG World Fixpack v8.2.1
  • Added Miloch's Fix for "Aurora's Shoes and Boots"
  • Removed "Worgas NPC" fixes, because the fixes are included in the mod, now
With the "BiG World Project v8.2" we start to react faster on small changes, new mod-versions and fixes. We want to avoid the situation, that you must wait for the next big BWP release for a working installation, if something happens after the main release. Therefore we have the following, now:

v8.2.1
v8.2.2
v8.3.1
v8.3.2
etc.

These short updates can't be tested for all combinations and therefore we named it (beta) versions. But normally the beta-versions of the BWP-Tools work without problems.

The full complete tested BWP releases have still their normal numbering:

v8.3
v8.4
v9.0
v9.1
etc.

With such numbers the PDF guides gets an update, too.

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier

#35 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 01:12 AM

With the "BiG World Project v8.2" we start to react faster on small changes, new mod-versions and fixes. We want to avoid the situation, that you must wait for the next big BWP release for a working installation, if something happens after the main release.

That's GREAT news!!! :coolthumb:

Would the BWP Installpack be updated to (beta) if some new mod version changes component numbers or something (points to the SCS mods :P)

Cheers,
Lol

Edited by Lollorian, 14 November 2009 - 01:14 AM.

#36 flinx

flinx
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 08:27 AM

I did a standard install and got the following error message when trying to start the game: "An assertion failed in ChSound.cpp at line number 4905".

For the install itself I didn't add or exclude any mods during the selection, but like this:

- conflicts were resolved by excluding conflicting mods
- some mods have their own installer that BWP can't run, these were skipped (how do you run these manually anyway?)

This setup did work in BWP8.1 by the way. A google search revealed that the assertion error is related to too many audio mods - is there a way to figure out which ones add the offending audio and just exclude them? I see references to a songlist.2da file, but I don't have that file in my override directory. It is in several mod directories however, including the BWP clean\override one.

If this is a known/current problem, I think it would be a good idea to flag the mods that add entries to the songlist, and then check if they exceed the number of allowed entries.

EDIT: I found the songlist.2da file in the generalized biffing prod dir - is there a way I can just modify it and then drop it in the override directory? Which file would I then have to delete (since it's presumably biffed and renamed)

Edited by flinx, 14 November 2009 - 08:30 AM.

#37 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 09:24 AM

Can you just compress your BiG World Debug.txt file and attach it here with the WeiDU.log?? :D The problem's probably that the BGT-Songlist patch didn't install properly (regular game can only play 100 songs ... the said patch increases that limit to 500 ;))

However, you can try to fix this by opening the songlist.2da file in a text editor (like notepad) and deleting all lines that start with a number greater than 99 and saving that modified file into the override folder (you'll be missing a few songs though :( ... I dunno if games can crash by missing songs :P)

Meanwhile, this thread might also help ya get things cleared :P

Cheers,
Lol

Edited by Lollorian, 14 November 2009 - 09:44 AM.

#38 flinx

flinx
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 09:42 AM

Thanks - editing the file and putting it in the override dir got it working. I've attached the debug file as well.

I forgot to mention - I installed the 26499 patch prior to installing BWP, could that be causing this?

Attached Files

Edited by flinx, 14 November 2009 - 09:43 AM.

#39 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 09:55 AM

Boy, you're missing quite a lotta great stuff cause of that one mistake (26499 patch ... it's said that its buggy and shouldn't be used) ... 1PP, Taimon's Fixes, SCS Fixes and anything that mods the .exe directly :blink:

If you're up to it, I'd really suggest a reinstall following the CORRECT BWP instructions (which includes only the 26498 patch) :D

Anyway, the BWP Debug revealed another thing, one of the Charli mod's scripts with an untypable name isn't getting parsed:

Extending game scripts ...
ERROR: error loading [Charli\baf\Aņadir_Gittano.baf]
Copying 1 file ...
and WoP didn't install for the guy cause of this:

[Setup-wheels.exe] WeiDU version 21100
[Setup-wheels.exe] Using scripting style "BG2"
In state 66, I expected one of these tokens:
  [34] BLSR_EQUALS
  [79] EQUALS
  [136] PLUS_EQUALS
  [145] OR_EQUALS
  [154] AND_EQUALS
  [157] DIVIDE_EQUALS
  [196] BLSL_EQUALS
  [204] TIMES_EQUALS
  [247] BXOR_EQUALS
  [293] MINUS_EQUALS
Parse error (state 66) at ~~

[WHEELS/SETUP-WHEELS.TP2] PARSE ERROR at line 598 column 1-25
Near Text: ammerc.bcs
	GLR parse error

[WHEELS/SETUP-WHEELS.TP2]  ERROR at line 598 column 1-25
Near Text: ammerc.bcs
	Parsing.Parse_error

Cheers,
Lol

Edited by Lollorian, 14 November 2009 - 09:55 AM.

#40 flinx

flinx
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 10:02 AM

Figures. I didn't think of the 26499 patch until making the post. I'll do a reinstall of BWP from scratch. At least I have all the files downloaded now, and I have a clean unpatched backup of the BG2 dir, so it's not that bad. Just have to wait for the BWP installer to parse everything.

Back to my question about the mods with their own installers (Jerry Zinger mod for instance) - should I just run the setup from those on the clean+patched BG2 dir before running the BWP install bat?