Photo

Classic Adventures

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 07:03 AM

I have installed all 1pp mods after the installation of Classic Adventures without problems. I've had only one problem with "Female Dwarves". When I started the Setup-EXE the DOS-installation window opens, shows me the WEIDU v212 command line and normally it should ask me if I want to install the mod. But that is not happend. Instead of asking me for the installation the DOS-window shows me direktly the line "Press Return to close the window" and I only can close it.

Could it be that the problem lies here in combination with CA?

BEGIN ~Separate Avatars for Female Dwarves - Baldur's Gate II~
SUBCOMPONENT ~Separate Avatars for Female Dwarves~ (GAME_IS ~bg2 tob tutu tutu_totsc~)

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 29 December 2009 - 07:04 AM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#2 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 07:49 PM

I'm having the exact same problem with my install of CA.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#3 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 12:03 AM

Likely. The installer tries to detect which type of game it is (SoA, ToB, IWD HoW, IWDII) to offer the correct component and I guess CA registers as none of these.

I don't know how/if CA modifies the executable (or which versions it runs on) so I couldn't say if it's supported and just fails the check or not.

崇高滑稽
·

#4 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 08:13 AM

Likely. The installer tries to detect which type of game it is (SoA, ToB, IWD HoW, IWDII) to offer the correct component and I guess CA registers as none of these.

I don't know how/if CA modifies the executable (or which versions it runs on) so I couldn't say if it's supported and just fails the check or not.

CA must be installed on v26498, but CA does modify the version of BGMain.exe to be the version of CA so that it shows up on the Options menu in game. The last couple of version have changed the version number, but this is the first time 1pp hasn't installed for me.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#5 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:22 AM

CA must be installed on v26498, but CA does modify the version of BGMain.exe to be the version of CA so that it shows up on the Options menu in game. The last couple of version have changed the version number, but this is the first time 1pp hasn't installed for me.

Might the reason be the setup-(renamed WeiDU).exe's version, cause the GAME_IS function was updated...

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#6 salomonkane

salomonkane
  • 166 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 02:53 PM

I'm having the exact same problem with my install of CA.

Me too :mellow: , :D
Quo Vadis ?

#7 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 03:03 PM

It seems if you just comment out
(GAME_IS ~bg2 tob tutu tutu_totsc~)
it works just fine.

In other words, replace
(GAME_IS ~bg2 tob tutu tutu_totsc~)
with
//(GAME_IS ~bg2 tob tutu tutu_totsc~)

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#8 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 03:27 PM

Is there a way to check for CA with GAME_IS?

If it's compatible I might just add that to the installer.

崇高滑稽
·

#9 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 04:07 PM

Well, according to this;
GAME_IS ~bg2 tob tutu tutu_totsc ca~
:D

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#10 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 06:31 PM

Erephine,

We would definitely love to have all 1PP mods work with ours. I have 2 changes made to the BGMAIN file. One for the version number (so we use ours not Bioware's), and one for resetting the XP amount down to 100. That second step is the same as BGT and I even used the code from that mod. So would it be the version number change?

Oh, third change - Infinite Animations. I have included part of that mod into the latest CA. So I guess there are three changes to the EXE file.

To everyone else here,

Have you tried to install 1PP before installing CA? Since we biff all files in the override, you would want 1PP installed first so they get biffed. I haven't loaded this particular avatar series but this works for installing the others (or did when I last installed a 1PP mod).

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#11 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Modder
  • 539 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 06:34 PM

Well, according to this;
GAME_IS ~bg2 tob tutu tutu_totsc ca~
:D

Yeah, since GAME_IS was updated to detect CA in WeiDU v212, you might need to alter your GAME_IS checks to account for it or switch to ENGINE_IS. In this case, ENGINE_IS ~soa tob~ is probably more appropriate, and it will detect the same things as the above GAME_IS.

#12 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 07:30 PM

Okay, that's definitely no problem compatibility-wise.

Consider it added to the ever growing (sorry!) to-do list of 1pp maintenance issues.

崇高滑稽
·

#13 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 07:10 AM

Cool! Thank you.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website