Photo

PnP Scribe Scrolls for Mages [IMPLEMENTED]

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 12:16 PM

Scribe scrolls doesn't offer to scribe Remove Magic (SPWI302), a vanilla game spell.

10th

You sure on this?

#22 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 12:23 PM

Sure, in an unmodded BG2 installation you've got Dispel Magic, which removes protections from everyone, and then you've got Remove Magic, the party friendly version.

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#23 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 10:58 PM

Sure, in an unmodded BG2 installation you've got Dispel Magic, which removes protections from everyone, and then you've got Remove Magic, the party friendly version.

10th

Remove Magic should be there. It's called WIZARD_DISPEL_MAGIC internally, but it's there (Dispel Magic is called WIZARD_TRUE_DISPEL_MAGIC).

#24 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:51 AM

And that's the problem. I just had a look at RR#SCRL.dlg in DLTCEP:
Remove Magic - Condition = HaveSpell(WIZARD_DISPEL_MAGIC)
Dispel Magic - Condition = HaveSpell(WIZARD_DISPEL_MAGIC)

After changing the latter to WIZARD_TRUE_DISPEL_MAGIC I still couldn't scribe remove magic. A look into spell.ids cleared it up for my custom BWP installation: Remove Magic is WIZARD_REMOVE_MAGIC in my spell.ids.

I guess that this will happen to a lot people with megamod installations, if they start to use scribe scrolls on a regular basis.

Here is my change-log of spell.ids:
[WeiDU.exe] WeiDU version 21800
[WeiDU.exe] Using scripting style "BG2"
override/spell.ids bg2fixpack/backup/0/spell.ids
override/SPELL.IDS TDD/backup/0/SPELL.IDS
override/Spell.ids
override/SPELL.IDS scsII/backup/1000/SPELL.IDS

Mods affecting SPELL.IDS:
00000: ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ 0 0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v9.01 BWP Fix
00001: ~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ 0 0 // The Darkest Day, v1.13: v1.13 BWP Fix
00002: /* from game biffs */ ~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ 0 0 // Tower Of Deception Mod (Requires Throne Of Bhaal): v3.3.1 BWP Fix
00003: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ 0 1000 // Detectable spells (required for most other components): v13 BWP Fix

Would it be possible/feasible to read the vanilla game spells dynamically from spell.ids and write those values in the tp2 in corresponding condition and action fields?

10th

Edited by 10th, 16 August 2010 - 01:48 PM.

Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#25 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:40 PM

Would it be possible/feasible to read the vanilla game spells dynamically from spell.ids and write those values in the tp2 in corresponding condition and action fields?

I can change the component to use the integer instead of the ids label. That'll bypass all issues like this. But it's a fair amount of tedious work so it'll probably take a while (even if I wasn't strapped for time). (Especially since someone thought it'd be a good idea to screw around with the ids labels for no reason.)

#26 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:45 PM

rr#scrl.d & rr#alch.d - 'TakePartyGold()' doesn't destroy it, so should the character be kicked out and accepted back into party you'll get all the cash back.

REPLACE_EVALUATE ~TakePartyGold(\([0-9]+\))~ BEGIN END ~TakePartyGold(%MATCH1%) DestroyGold(%MATCH1%)~

Edited by GeN1e, 17 August 2010 - 01:46 PM.

Retired from modding.

#27 -StrixO-

-StrixO-

Posted 22 August 2010 - 09:10 PM

Wisp-
I have a few custom mage kits. I'm writing a snippet to detect if the scribe scrolls tweak is already installed, and if so to modify my mage kit 2das accordingly.

Will adding "AP_rr#gscrl" to custom kit 2DAs @ 9th level column be sufficient to take advantage of scribe scrolls tweak for custom mage kits?

Thanks!

#28 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 03:35 AM

rr#scrl.d & rr#alch.d - 'TakePartyGold()' doesn't destroy it, so should the character be kicked out and accepted back into party you'll get all the cash back.

Will fix. Thanks.

Wisp-
I have a few custom mage kits. I'm writing a snippet to detect if the scribe scrolls tweak is already installed, and if so to modify my mage kit 2das accordingly.

Will adding "AP_rr#gscrl" to custom kit 2DAs @ 9th level column be sufficient to take advantage of scribe scrolls tweak for custom mage kits?

Thanks!

It will provided the character's class is mage or one of the mage combinations. But I'll make Scribe Scrolls treat mod-added kits (by checking kitlist.2da) instead. For one thing it'll be easier on installation orders that way.

#29 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 08:51 AM

My party finally arrived in Amn in the aforementioned custom BWP game. Imoen (Swashbuckler 10 -> Mage 14) rejoins my party and gets another use of scribe scrolls, she's now at three of them. One by virtue of being a mage of at least level 9, another from regaining her swashbuckler abilities, and the final use of scribe scrolls now in chateau irenicus.

10th

#30 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 03:38 AM

My party finally arrived in Amn in the aforementioned custom BWP game. Imoen (Swashbuckler 10 -> Mage 14) rejoins my party and gets another use of scribe scrolls, she's now at three of them. One by virtue of being a mage of at least level 9, another from regaining her swashbuckler abilities, and the final use of scribe scrolls now in chateau irenicus.

10th

I'll include something in the next version to keep the spell from being applied more than once. It'll probably not be CTRL+R-proof, though.

#31 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:39 AM

Just to add another bit of information:
It isn't restricted to dual-classed characters who regain their class abilities. Everytime you kick out a <lvl9 mage character, and then let him rejoin your party, this character gains another use of scribe scrolls.

But besides those minor quirks, this component is probably the best thing that anyone could wish for.

10th

Edited by 10th, 07 September 2010 - 11:40 AM.