Photo

Multiclassed Multikit Builder Mod [experimental]

• Please log in to reply
433 replies to this topic

#101 -Anon-

-Anon-

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:34 PM

Oh dear god, is the readme.txt completely fudged, formatting-wise, to everyone else?

This is.. wow. This is going to be hard to read.

#102 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:42 PM

Oh dear god, is the readme.txt completely fudged, formatting-wise, to everyone else?

I hypothesize that you need something more powerful than Notepad to read it correctly. Try the Word, or any other RichTextFormat readers to find the non_Enter line brakes. Or do the standard -the readme's for amateurs- thing, and attach the "don't" at the front.

Running BG2 without FixPack is.. why would someone DO that?

Well, the G3 BG2Fixpack has not always been the standard, as it came quite long after the BG2 moding came about... but that's still not good reason.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 08 July 2011 - 12:49 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#103 -Anon-

-Anon-

Posted 09 July 2011 - 02:31 AM

I'm getting an error when creating some multiclasses.

My first one created just fine, a Wizard Slayer/Assassin. Tried it in-game, it works. Then I tried to create 3 at once and got an error, so I went back, created a Cleric/Conjurer just fine (although it's called a "Conjurer/Class_01" or something to that effect. Haven't tried using that yet (it's for Aerie).

Then I tried to create a Bounty Hunter/Illusionist (for Jan) and a Fighter/Totemic Druid (for Jaheira). Got a similar (possibly identical) error on both:

[image]

#104 -Anon-

-Anon-

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:07 AM

Tried to reinstall it. Still doesn't work. :(

#105 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:12 AM

why not just use my temporary solution ? lol

kiyos.jpg____btlbn2.gif____kovaS.jpg
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...
Spellhold Gauntlet - more than just a Spellhold-Be-Gone
Hidden Kits - hidden dual-classed kits with a twist for progression

#106 -Anon-

-Anon-

Posted 10 July 2011 - 01:18 AM

why not just use my temporary solution ? lol

Because it's temporary. I don't even want to think about what it'd do when there's a proper way to do it. I can imagine broken progressions and stacked abilities galore.

#107 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 11:10 AM

Heh ok :)

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...

#108 -Rebelicious-

-Rebelicious-

Posted 15 July 2011 - 08:02 AM

Anyone know where Flamewing got off to?

Some continued work on this would be amazing.

#109 -Kakabekia-

-Kakabekia-

Posted 16 July 2011 - 03:46 PM

Looks to be a really nice mod, but when I try to install a multikit, I get an error and the installation stops.

This is the debug file:
Spoiler

Any help would be appreciated,really want to get this working.

#110 -FlomeWong-

-FlomeWong-

Posted 21 July 2011 - 02:50 PM

A small update on FlameWing: He's gone to prison, so this won't be updated.

That is all.

#111 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:13 PM

Another troll

#112 -korvessa-

-korvessa-

Posted 30 July 2011 - 01:26 AM

Afternoons, after sometime of battling this mod and the alternative one posted (mmb working about 20 % cases of chosen classes while messing up the weapon preffs and abilities not fully levelling up and the alternative had bit of similar problems.

I was kinda wondering would it possible just modify a the clab*** file of a kit to gain the
"wanted" abilities of another kit while having multiclassed char.

I was originally thinking of using one of the spec. mages / bountyhunters clab file for this purpose,
( as mage spec. retains the + spells after sk modfy true class > spec class) when morphing char to
dual / triple class and i was after the bountyhunter's traps ability to add to the clab which in theory
"should" retain it while using the sk to shift to multiclass with mage/thief in it.

also
1. would it be needed to first make "that" chosen kit as single class char from beginning before hitting the sk > multi-classed char & starter kit
or
2. make the dual / triple class character and then hit sk > spec class

== hope the new clab retains all abilities and levels abilities as they normally would

+ other info
bg2+tob+sos1.13+tdd1.14+gibbering's fixpackv9 & tweaks v9 + bp-bgt worldmap v8.01

+ if the spec mages files can be extracted & found as currently they are missing or objuscated inside the bigger dat files

#113 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 01:50 AM

Hmm, if you're having any trouble with the MMBM, there is always this option available.
http://www.shsforums...post__p__518102

I was kinda wondering would it possible just modify a the clab*** file of a kit to gain the "wanted" abilities of another kit while having multiclassed char.

It will allow you to do this, setting up a Mage/Bounty Hunter, or even say, Illusionist / Bounty Hunter

I've tried it a few times myself, and it works fine. I've even started Games with it.

As I mentioned, the only downside is that only One Kit shows in your Kit Description and Record Sheet at any one time. So it will display as only Mage / Bounty Hunter or Illusionist / Thief, with only the last added Kit being made visible.

If there's a demand for it, I might even make a version that checks your Kitlist.2DA and checks for ALL available kits, and dynamically adds them to the Dialogue so you can use combinations of your custom kits.

Edited by Zyraen, 30 July 2011 - 01:54 AM.

#114 -korvessa-

-korvessa-

Posted 30 July 2011 - 04:11 AM

Was there spesific tool for extracting these clab^.2da files from the source or
are these mage spesific 2da clabs compiled from different sources as they dont exist any of the biff files?

Absolutely pain in buttocks to find even the simpliest things with this bg2 source....

#115 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:52 AM

Was there spesific tool for extracting these clab^.2da files from the source...

Well, you can always use NearInfinity or DLTCEP to find the once in use in the current game... by the way, it's not always clab****.2da file, the file is actually pointed at the "kitlist.2da" files "Abilities" column.
As I personally have made a kit that has IJ#*****.2da as the file.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#116 -korvessa-

-korvessa-

Posted 30 July 2011 - 07:27 AM

Yes, have read the kit making guidelines and the kitlist, been also using the DLTCEP and winbiff. while i tested the mmb,
the kitlist generated by it had marked the spec mages by the CLABMA01 to 09 and while digging throught again i'm starting to
fraid that the expansions aka the darkest day and shadows over soulbar does handle the kit calls bit differently somehow vs
plain vanilla, while trying to use the vanilla class kit.

+ its almost impossible to guess whatkind of gamecode is set for spec. mages out of the blue
, unless it is similar to the wild mage clab ( which is found normally in the biff lists) , which is also missing the bonus spell ability all together.

+ also yes, i found the appendix info about the bonus spell hexa code, unfortunately its pointed for kit makers and cannot be used "simplest" possible way in this case.

#117 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 07:34 AM

Sigh I think I'm permanently ignored in this thread. I should just get lost already.

#118 -korvessa-

-korvessa-

Posted 30 July 2011 - 07:58 AM

Checked the DLTCEP's check ability and the mage clabs seen to be completely missing from the sourcefiles, which is wierd for me atleast...

#119 -korvessa-

-korvessa-

Posted 30 July 2011 - 08:06 AM

and Zyraen, the alternative i meantioned in my first post was that mod of yours where your link directed me, it worked a bit wierdly as for my test on the bounty hunter (again)
it did add the spec. trap of the kit once + 2 normal traps but deactivated itself ( kit name stayed,but no special abilities gained when levelled, only the base class gains are added aka skillpoints + normal snare).

#120 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:07 AM

I encountered some problems as well with Bounty Hunter and I think it may be due in part to the Kitlist.2DA identifiers varying with the Kitlist.IDS identifiers. I will have to reinstall and retest to see if changing the Code will work.

If so, changes also need to be made to Bounty Hunter (BOUNTYHUNTER vs BOUNTY_HUNTER), Undead Hunter (UNDEADHUNTER vs UNDEAD_HUNTER), the 3 Priests (the Kitlist.2DA doesn't have a GOD in front of each name), and Totemic Druid (TOTEMIC vs TOTEMIC_DRUID)

I'll keep you posted!