NearInfinity

• Please log in to reply
1155 replies to this topic

#621 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 09:59 PM

Works great for me too. A new request: how about adding find -> "reference to this file" in MUS files? It should look for ARE references and also check if the music is referenced in scripts and dialogues.

Edited by K4thos, 18 December 2015 - 09:59 PM.

#622 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 07:07 AM

I'll see what I can do.

#623 hook71

hook71
  • 280 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 10:11 AM

If I open DLG files in the new version all strings look like they have sound attached. If I click on the play button (for a string without actual sound) I get "Error reading null."

#624 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 10:26 AM

I can confirm this issue. It appears to exist since previous version of NI (v1.36-20151112). I'll look into it.

#625 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 10:34 AM

Feature Request:

Allow opening files using a simple drag and drop into the main application in addition to the "Open File.." box (keep the "Open File" option for the oldies) - you know how if you have notepad.exe open and you drag-drop any file in it and it opens it up :P

Edited by Lollorian, 26 December 2015 - 10:35 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#626 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 11:42 AM

You can already drag files into the drop area of the "Open File" dialog.

Adding drag&drop support to the whole NI application isn't difficult to implement, but it wouldn't always work because it needs a dedicated GUI component to listen to d&d events. It's easy in Notepad since there is only a single edit window. However, NI uses all kinds of components, depending on which resource you have currently selected. It would probably only work reliably if you drag the files onto the resource tree, menu bar or status bar.

I can add this option if you can live with these limitations.

Edited by Argent77, 26 December 2015 - 11:44 AM.

#627 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 12:00 PM

I can add this option if you can live with these limitations.

Yes please :D Something's better than nothing.

Also, yes the Open File drag-drop option exists - but it's 2 mouse clicks & an unnecessary dialog box too many :lol:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#628 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 10:31 AM

Update: NearInfinity v1.36-20151227

Changes:
  • Fixed an annoying issue which caused very long loading or search times (mainly) for SPL or ITM resources.
  • Fixed an issue which incorrectly enabled the "Play sound" button for all strings in DLG resources.
  • Added drag and drop support for files to the whole Near Infinity window. Dropping the CHITIN.KEY asks the user whether to open the associated game. (Note: Text edit windows, such as used for script, 2DA or IDS resources may block this operation because it interferes with their own drag and drop mechanism. Dropping files onto the resource tree, menu bar or status bar should work reliably however.)
  • Added new "Search reference" feature to MUS resources.
  • Added more IDS resource entries to the BCS syntax highlighter.
  • Changed ARE "Wind speed" field into "Overlay transparency" for all Enhanced Edition games.
  • Fixed display of closed door states in Area Viewer for maps with unusual tile index declarations (e.g. in BG2:EE AR0903.WED).

Edited by Argent77, 27 December 2015 - 10:39 AM.

#629 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 11:51 AM

An idea for the near future:

Support for the EET worldmap, currently only (unused) ToB worldmap opens in NI for EET game.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#630 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 02:17 PM

The EET worldmap (WORLDMAP.WMP) opens just fine in NI. Do you have trouble opening it?

#631 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 02:33 PM

The EET worldmap (WORLDMAP.WMP) opens just fine in NI. Do you have trouble opening it?

Yes, it does not open in NI while it is working fine in the game. (I thought it was not yet ready).

I also checked one of my BGT installs in NI, where I use the same very large worldmap and same problem there. It must be something that was introduced in one of the last NI updates, because I had no problem with that map before.

I will update my version to today's NI-version and re-check.

The Sandrah Saga

#632 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 02:45 PM

Yes, it does not open in NI while it is working fine in the game. (I thought it was not yet ready).

I also checked one of my BGT installs in NI, where I use the same very large worldmap and same problem there. It must be something that was introduced in one of the last NI updates, because I had no problem with that map before.

I will update my version to today's NI-version and re-check.

I installed new version 1227 and same problem, however it is not related to EET but to the very large worldmap it uses, same problem with the BGT using the same map. No problem with various other installations that use other worldmaps, those are fine.

The Sandrah Saga

#633 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 03:24 PM

It might be a memory issue. Try starting NI with the "Hide NI" tool (you can find the link in the first post of this topic). Alternatively you could install the 64 bit version of Java. It already uses enhanced memory settings by default.

#634 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 08:21 PM

Great release!

Thanks for having fixed the issue with the too long time [Ctrl_Alt] X took to search for opcodes in spl and itm files. It was so bored I reinstalled the previous version. ;)

Edited by Gwendolyne, 27 December 2015 - 11:50 PM.

CARPE DIEM ....

In progress : Menace sur le Royaume de Diamant Éternel there.

#635 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 11:16 PM

It might be a memory issue. Try starting NI with the "Hide NI" tool (you can find the link in the first post of this topic). Alternatively you could install the 64 bit version of Java. It already uses enhanced memory settings by default.

Big thank you!!!

HideNI did the trick. (Strange that it was working before, but maybe your new and faster versions just require more memory on my PC than the older ones)

The Sandrah Saga

#636 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 09:10 AM

• Added drag and drop support for files to the whole Near Infinity window. Dropping the CHITIN.KEY asks the user whether to open the associated game. (Note: Text edit windows, such as used for script, 2DA or IDS resources may block this operation because it interferes with their own drag and drop mechanism. Dropping files onto the resource tree, menu bar or status bar should work reliably however.)

Shit that was fast :Bow: :coolthumb:

#637 Fiann of the Silver Hand

Fiann of the Silver Hand
  • 286 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 06:08 PM

If it's possible, could NI recognize that typical weidu files like d, tph, and tpa are readable as text?  "Unsupported format" for a lot of basic file types that can be otherwise browsed.

Edited by Fiann of the Silver Hand, 30 December 2015 - 06:08 PM.

#638 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 04:13 AM

I'm not really comfortable adding support for file formats which are not directly supported by the game. However, I could add an option for unsupported file formats to be displayed as text, regardless of the actual file format. It's up the to the user's discretion how to use it though. A binary file will probably be corrupted when displayed/modified and saved as text.

#639 -MarcoTheCheeseburger-

-MarcoTheCheeseburger-

Posted 08 January 2016 - 06:15 PM

Noob trying to extract Vhailor and Morte files here.

I downloaded the unofficial latest version, and got Java, but I have no idea what to do from here. Can anyone help out?

I run Windows 10, btw.

#640 -MarcoTheCheeseburger-

-MarcoTheCheeseburger-

Posted 08 January 2016 - 06:16 PM

Noob trying to extract Vhailor and Morte files here.

I downloaded the unofficial latest version, and got Java, but I have no idea what to do from here. Can anyone help out?

I run Windows 10, btw.