• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#41 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:30 PM

- Aurora's Boots and Shoes (... I like to have thousands of money to spend)

If you took out Hard Times, you should :P. But you know it is not just a store mod, but has its own quests also and the high point is probably the banter with the merchant(s). Also it contains optional tweaks that you could exploit to make things cheaper, if you're so inclined.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#42 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:48 PM

Also it contains optional tweaks that you could exploit to make things cheaper, if you're so inclined.

:whistling: Yeah, but those cannot be used in Auto-Install mode... :lol:

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#43 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:28 PM

But in fact the main component of Aurora interests me to install and try it ... but with self-installation, also carries all other price changes, gold and treasures .
Should be able to choose for each mod, the components you want and those you do not want to install ...

#44 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:35 PM

Should be able to choose for each mod, the components you want and those you do not want to install ...

That's what the BWSBeta is for... although you need to be careful, as it's not always uptodate...

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#45 Anduin Shadow Mantle

Anduin Shadow Mantle
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:06 PM

You can't play Baldur's Gate without Aurora, it's a brilliant mod! :doh:
Read Leomars Big_Worldv9.4.pdf and edit your .bat file! If I can do it you can too!

On the other hand, Beta-BWSetup is really easy to use. You just need to be careful what mods you decide to keep and use.
You can download it from the link on the first page of the Beta-BWSetup Testing thread. (Don't want to put the link here in case I get in trouble...)

I would only use it on a completely clean install as it creates backups and restores slightly differently to the current BWSetup... Although you could always be brave :rolleyes: Once you are running the Beta-BWSetup. Go through to the screen asking for the location of the Baldur's Gate and SoA files and tick the "Further customisation of selected mods". You will get to a screen with a thousand tick boxes. Dabus and his team have done a really good job explaining what each component does and highlighting conflicts with other mods.

Place Aurora in the search box and make your changes. (You can tweak it to make stores even cheaper and make monsters carry more gold! How much money do you want to carry around? :lol: ) Then carry on the install, following the instructions.

OR

If picking and deselecting mods is a little bit of a chore you can import my selection if you like, I have deselected Auroras gold changing components. However I enjoy using BP for the AI and I also have lots of mods you may not want such as NeJ and Mishevious Fairy Dragon (which I personally like) and other mods you may want are missing, most notably DEFJAM xpmod as I planned to use a multiclass character and they suck up xp like a sponge.

Go to the mod selection screen. Go to options and select import selection, then go to where you put the file. Ooh, it may ask to expand your current selection or inform you of mods with different languages. However if you do make changes you can save the selection yourself by going to options and clicking the export button.

Attached File  BWS-Selection.7z   2.9K   157 downloads

Have fun! :cheers:

#46 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 01:04 AM

OK you convinced me in the next installation will reinstall Aurora!

In the current game i'm now the 5th chapter Cloakwood Forest, Durlag tower over.

Some considerations:
Spoiler

However, guys, I will never cease to thank all of you modders and not, for the great and amazing work you have done and continue to do with this wonderful game.

Edited by masterdisorder, 22 September 2010 - 04:30 AM.

#47 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 01:29 AM

The kobolds particularly at the beginning of the game are devastating ... until I understood how to use goblins kamikaze!

Not that you need more convincing, but Aurora has a component to balance the kobolds too (the last one listed in that readme link).

A group of orcs with wizards and shamans often forces me to reload several times and are valid only 1000 XP and 2000 XP! Not the case in some mods, to balance the rewards in XP?

The game mainly uses PnP values, though some mod may have actually *increased* those, because normally a death knight/demon knight is worth 3000xp and a higher-level orc shaman about 650xp. By PnP standards though, the death knight should be considerably tougher, what with being able to cast a 20-dice fireball and similar (possibly aTweaks new PnP Undead component will settle that if no other mod doesn't already).

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#48 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 01:50 AM

The enemies are much more difficult, but for me I've already finished the game many times, this is a good thing ....
"Difficult" in the sense I say "most challenging", so that so far I have not encountered any enemy unbeatable, nor I'm stuck in a point of the game not knowing how to continue ...

Hardest game = GOOD! :D

#49 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 11:45 PM

Chapter 7

1. I waited until the last minute to go to Bonehill, but I waited too clearly ... In the temple of Lathander in Beregost, Pelltar no more! I had to wait only until chapter 6?

2. General Torgal. When I enter the catacombs, I must fight the general and 2 demonknight ... demonknight are hostile (red circle), but not attack.
If I can be helpful, just tell me what I have to post, once the game is over, i'll post everything! I swear!

3. Bandits camp. Group chosen black claws (translates so?) are hostile but do not attack (...)

4. If I go back to the guild of merchants in Baldur's Gate, to buy some of the useful objects of Aldeth Sashenstar .... Aldeth treats me badly and drives me away (!!!): but why (??). I saved the corporation, I have not done anything wrong, I have reputation 20, and Charisma 22... . Until a few weeks before he was happy to sell items (???)

5. Outside the tavern Shy Little Mermaid, NE Baldur, a citizen and a courtesan are hostile (red circles), why (?) I have not attacked anybody in town (?)

6. It occurs to me that at the entrance of Baldur's Gate, Imanel Silversword threatened me and started the fight, but then she doesn't attack me (but I think Turambar already have a patch ready for this ...)

For now it seems to me more ...

Edited by masterdisorder, 04 October 2010 - 02:57 AM.

#50 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 11:53 PM

I've come up with something else:
in the new dungeon Firewine bridge (the one with vampires, so to speak ...) if I try to rest inside the dungeon, continue to wake up as zombies wandering monsters, but do not attack (blue circles) and after some seconds, some but not all die alone (??!)

It 's more a curiosity than a problem that, because just out of the dungeon on the bridge and stand there ...

#51 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:10 PM

I just finished _The gray clan_, a mod that I had not had the pleasure of playing ... : very nice, congratulations to the modder who created

I read that they were also provided The gray clan, part 2 and 3 ... know anything?

#52 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 04:08 AM

I read that they were also provided The gray clan, part 2 and 3 ... know anything?

The author's website is down currently. They will not be made sooner than 2 or 3 years from now, if ever.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#53 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:26 PM

Also finished The Vault: mod beautiful, too: already seems to play Baldur's II, in Baldur's I!
Just some notes:
Why are there no in-game clues about the new quests introduced by the mod? If nothing shows me that there is a new quest in Gullykin, how the hell do I know, when I am in the moment in the other side of the world? I can not re-explore the entire map again!

- In "Return to Nashkell" is quite complicated to follow the elf that stole the book and then retrieve it ... the clues are too few, sometimes makes it necessary to re-explore several areas already explored in earlier ...
- "Vestibule" but it is necessary that, with Edwin in group, they attack you immediately?
- In "Gullykin Ogre" is a bug or intentional the huge amount of orcs that attack you? I have a new pc, but although the area was jerky, a clear sign of the huge amount of creatures that were waiting for me ... I think I did something like 100 out of ogres of all types (some even 1300xp ...) and a score of ogre magi, Just to kill the boss and leave the area!
- There should be a quest called "The Vault" but I have not yet found a trace, nor do I know everything about ...

Edit: just to keep track of of all the problems I have posted
http://www.shsforums...post__p__498729

http://www.shsforums...post__p__498576

http://www.shsforums...post__p__498821

Edited by masterdisorder, 06 November 2010 - 05:14 PM.

#54 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 02:05 AM

Also finished The Vault: mod beautiful, too: already seems to play Baldur's II, in Baldur's I!
Just some notes:
Why are there no clues about the new quests introduced by the mod?

There is sort of more info here but I don't think that readme was included with the updated mod available here. You're best off posting comments about specific mods in their threads like here. Otherwise, the author will never see it. Even in this case, the author won't, but the person who converted it might (erebusant). Don't blame him for the content though, because he didn't write it, but he or someone else might improve it/fix bugs etc., if they see it in the proper thread.

Same goes for your other issues that are probably coming from mods but who knows which ones. Unless you can try to figure that out by tracking down which creatures/items/scripts are causing issues with a game editor (NI or DLTCEP) and doing some --change-logs, it is very hard to tell which mod might be causing the problem. If you can't figure that out (read the pinned FAQ here) at least some screenshots might help.

#55 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 10:41 PM

And so ... and so I got to the dungeon of Irenicus ...
Reading around the various forums, I saw that everyone have a holy terror of this Improved Ilyich, which I had never installed. I could not wait to see if my Uber-PC (stats at 21 - 19 - 20 - 4 - 6 - 16) could be frightened in front of this unbeatable foe ....
I arrive at the dungeon, meet the duergar , and finally Ilyich! 2 hits and i kill him ............. But how is this possible? I'm going to see in weidu: I HAVE NOT IMPROVED ILYICH INSTALLED! The installation of BW does not have it! Installing Tactics in BW does not have it! :crying:

Just to keep track of of all the problems I have posted
http://www.shsforums...post__p__498902

Edited by masterdisorder, 06 November 2010 - 05:58 PM.

#56 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 10:52 PM

And so ... and so I got to the dungeon of Irenicus ...
Reading around the various forums, I saw that everyone have a holy terror of this Improved Ilyich, which I had never installed. I could not see and then wait to see if my Uber-PC (stats at 21 - 19 - 20 - 4 - 6 - 16) could be frightened in front of this unbeatable foe ....
I arrive at the dungeon, meet the duergar , and finally Ilyich! 2 hits and i kill him ............. But how is this possible? I'm going to see in weidu: I HAVE NOT IMPROVED ILYICH INSTALLED! The installation of BW does not have it! Installing Tactics in BW does not have it! :crying:

I know that one improved Ilych is the one from the Big Picture; maybe, if you have SCS, you don't have that

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#57 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:57 AM

Another impression of the beginning of BGII, is that at each step 1 or 2 NPC want to join my group. Leaving the dungeon is almost comical, in the order : Drizz't (which by the way now refuses to be chased by the group), Kachiko (unbelievable Kensai / mage), Yasraena (drow warrior), all in a few meters, some even comes over with open arms ( :D ). In both levels of the dungeon I have so far counted 13 NPC that want to join my group and I have not finished exploring it! I'm more wanted than a rock star! 8)

Edited by masterdisorder, 13 October 2010 - 02:01 AM.

#58 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 11:54 PM

A thing I do not like are the reduced XP rewards for thieves ability and for copy scrolls, but I can not figure out which mod continues to reduce the rewards. It's Trilogy same? Other mods?
How do I change in the next installation?

Weidu
Spoiler

Edited by masterdisorder, 05 November 2010 - 01:18 AM.

#59 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 12:27 AM

Another impression of the beginning of BGII, is that at each step 1 or 2 NPC want to join my group. Leaving the dungeon is almost comical, in the order : Drizz't (which by the way now refuses to be chased by the group), Kachiko (unbelievable Kensai / mage), Yasraena (drow warrior), all in a few meters, some even comes over with open arms ( :D ). In both levels of the dungeon I have so far counted 13 NPC that want to join my group and I have not finished exploring it! I'm more wanted than a rock star! 8)

That's because you have many NPC mods. Anyway, it's an interesting issue.
I think most of these mods were written individually, and now that there's the BWP people tend to install them all instead of chosing.
Maybe, it could be a good idea to re-write some of them specifically for the BWP, and putting those NPCs somewhere else.

A thing I do not like are the reduced XP rewards for thieves ability and for copy scrolls, but I can not figure out which mod continues to reduce the rewards. It's Trilogy same? Other mods?

It is the Trilogy, and it is a good thing, otherwise, you'll get to level 4 before even getting to Nashkell!
There is a component which restores the original bonus in BGTTweaks; but I think I've seen what file controls the XP amount and I could write a tweak that reduces the bonus at low levels, and restores the original bonus at high levels.

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#60 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 12:31 AM

That's because you have many NPC mods. Anyway, it's an interesting issue.
I think most of these mods were written individually, and now that there's the BWP people tend to install them all instead of chosing.
Maybe, it could be a good idea to re-write some of them specifically for the BWP, and putting those NPCs somewhere else.

It is the Trilogy, and it is a good thing, otherwise, you'll get to level 4 before even getting to Nashkell!
There is a component which restores the original bonus in BGTTweaks; but I think I've seen what file controls the XP amount and I could write a tweak that reduces the bonus at low levels, and restores the original bonus at high levels.

So there is not a quick way to ensure that Trilogy does not alter the XP rewards?
It is not a change that can be done during installation?

Edited by masterdisorder, 15 October 2010 - 12:32 AM.