Masterdisorder's BigWorld Tactical installation

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#61 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 12:31 AM

A thing I do not like are the reduced XP rewards for thieves ability and for copy scrolls, but I can not figure out which mod continues to reduce the rewards...?

That's easy to answer, just --change-log(the answer #6) the file called "xpbonus.2da" ...

So there is not a quick way to ensure that Trilogy does not alter the XP rewards?

Actually there is, just install the BGT Tweak mod that does exactly that. "Restored trap ... rewards" or smething to that effect.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 15 October 2010 - 12:33 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#62 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 12:33 AM

So there is not a quick way to ensure that Trilogy does not alter the XP rewards?

If by 'quick' you mean 'ticking something while you are installing', no.
But using BGTTweaks is a quick way to undo this change

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#63 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 12:39 AM

That's because you have many NPC mods. Anyway, it's an interesting issue.
I think most of these mods were written individually, and now that there's the BWP people tend to install them all instead of chosing.
Maybe, it could be a good idea to re-write some of them specifically for the BWP, and putting those NPCs somewhere else.

Yes it is true, I installed ALL the NPC that were proposed by BW, so I see them all
In future installations I will perhaps do more selection.
However, I'm getting used to, and I must say that even this huge mass of NPC add something new and positive to the game.

By the way Turambar, I see that you are Italian too, have you seen this?

http://bgcommunity.f...ree.it/?f=44199
House of the_bigg and Ilot :D

Edited by masterdisorder, 15 October 2010 - 12:59 AM.

#64 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 01:13 AM

[

Actually there is, just install the BGT Tweak mod that does exactly that. "Restored trap ... rewards" or smething to that effect.

Indeed if I look at BigWorld 9.3 guide, the component:

Install Component 1900 [Restore BG2 XP bonus for traps, locks, and scrolls]? [Y]es

is provided in the installation.

But if I look at my weidu, the component 1900 is not there...

#65 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 01:25 AM

Indeed if I look at BigWorld 9.3 guide, the component:

Install Component 1900 [Restore BG2 XP bonus for traps, locks, and scrolls]? [Y]es

is provided in the installation.

But if I look at my weidu, the component 1900 is not there...

I don't know the mysteries of BWP. But you can install it by hand; just run setup-bgttweaks.exe and follow the instructions.

Thanks for the link, I'll have a look

Turambar

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!

vipersig.jpg

#66 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 07:10 AM

There is a component which restores the original bonus in BGTTweaks; but I think I've seen what file controls the XP amount and I could write a tweak that reduces the bonus at low levels, and restores the original bonus at high levels.

That sounds pretty awesome...
With that in mind, should one for gameplay/realism/convenience/balance use the BGTTweak that restores original boni after transition to BG2? Or are the reduced BGT-levels supposed to stick around there too?

#67 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 11:41 PM

With that in mind, should one for gameplay/realism/convenience/balance use the BGTTweak that restores original boni after transition to BG2? Or are the reduced BGT-levels supposed to stick around there too?

The BGT reduced boni are
1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40
DISARM_TRAP   10   10   10   10   10   16   16   16   16   16   38   38   38   38   38   62   62   62   62   62   62   62   62   62   62   62   62   62   62   62   62   62   62   62   62   62   62   62   62   62   
PICK_LOCK     20   20   20   20   20   35   35   35   35   35   55   55   55   55   55   65   65   65   65   65   65   65   65   65   65   65   65   65   65   65   65   65   65   65   65   65   65   65   65   65
which means no more than 65 XP, whereas the original boni are between 250 and 3500: they are very different.
It is suggested that you install the restore... component as soon as you start BG2.
Unfortunately, i can't do anything to the spells.
I can, though, change something for traps and locks.
I could start with the revised boni and end up with the original ones at high level; for example, as you need double as many XP to level up at every level, I could use the following numbers: 10 10 20 40 80 160 320 ... and go on like this until I reach the original bonus.

edit: the tweak is almost ready; just waiting for the translation before I release the next version

Edited by Turambar, 16 October 2010 - 01:18 AM.

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#68 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 02:08 AM

I'm at the beginning of BG2
I am noticing something strange: my characters, no longer have the icons of the magical effects on the portrait of the character .... 2 PCs have rings of regeneration, but do not see the icon on the portrait, the little green man for regeneration...; others have objects with protection from fire, but have no icon that indicates the protection ...
I'm pretty sure that until BG1 was all right .... What could have happened? So it is quite uncomfortable ...

#69 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 02:32 AM

I'm at the beginning of BG2
I am noticing something strange: my characters, no longer have the icons of the magical effects on the portrait of the character .... 2 PCs have rings of regeneration, but do not see the icon on the portrait, the little green man for regeneration...; others have objects with protection from fire, but have no icon that indicates the protection ...
I'm pretty sure that until BG1 was all right .... What could have happened? So it is quite uncomfortable ...

I'm pretty sure that there is a mod which does that, and you have probably installed it; could you attach your WeiDU.log?
Probably, depending on the installation order, it did not change BG1 items.

edit: could you edit the title (you can do it by editing the first post)? we've gone quite OT...

Edited by Turambar, 16 October 2010 - 02:35 AM.

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#70 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 02:41 AM

I'm pretty sure that there is a mod which does that, and you have probably installed it; could you attach your WeiDU.log?

And it also depends on what mod was used to 'remove the portrait icons from the items'... I also would say that masterdisorder should attach the WeiDU.log, in the first post of this topic and possibly edit the topic title...

#71 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 05:52 AM

edit: could you edit the title (you can do it by editing the first post)? we've gone quite OT...

Done!

I also would say that masterdisorder should attach the WeiDU.log, in the first post of this topic and possibly edit the topic title...

Done!

#72 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 06:00 AM

And it also depends on what mod was used to 'remove the portrait icons from the items'...

I'm searching my weidu, but I see nothing about ...

#73 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 06:14 AM

Done!

Erhm, edit it again and put either "My BigWorld 9.3 Tactical install..." Or "Masterdisorder's BigWorld 9.3 Tactical install..." as the topic title, cause the "BigWorld 9.3 Tactical" is a bit too confusing to other people.

What comes to why the icons are missing, the Item Revision could be involved... :unsure:

#74 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 07:14 AM

In Athkatla
Arena District
When I try to join the fight as a warrior, I get a CTD
This is the error in baldur.err

Start Logging Session---------------------

ASSERTION FAILED!
File: ChDimm.cpp
Line: 7641

Exp: pBiffHeader->dwFileType != mmioFOURCC('B', 'I', 'F', 'C')

Msg: d:\cd3\DATA\AREA090A.BIF: attempted to use compressed BIF from CD, check free hard drive space
Run Debugger?

---------------------Start Logging Session---------------------

ASSERTION FAILED!
File: ChDimm.cpp
Line: 7641

Exp: pBiffHeader->dwFileType != mmioFOURCC('B', 'I', 'F', 'C')

Msg: d:\cd3\DATA\AREA090A.BIF: attempted to use compressed BIF from CD, check free hard drive space
Run Debugger?

---------------------Start Logging Session---------------------

????

#75 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 07:18 AM

What comes to why the icons are missing, the Item Revision could be involved... :unsure:

What makes you think that the mod is guilty?
In the readme I can not find anything about...
http://www.gibberlin...e-item_rev.html

Edited by masterdisorder, 16 October 2010 - 07:20 AM.

#76 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 08:10 AM

What makes you think that the mod is guilty?
In the readme I can not find anything about...

The RING31(ring of regeneration).itm in the mods install folder for example doesn't have the display portrait icon in the "equipped effects", when you look it with DLTCEP... it only has the Regeneration [98] ... and the mod overwrites the whole lot of the items in it's install. -_-

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 16 October 2010 - 08:12 AM.

#77 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 09:17 AM

On that note (and somewhat OT) would it be possible to make a mod that does the reverse of hiding display icons?? (checks all the effects on an item and creates portrait display effects if not present??) :P

Although I guess some mods do intend their item effects to be a surprise and stuff but still ... entirely hiding what the items do is kinda shifty :unsure:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#78 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 10:36 AM

Athkatla: At the City Gates I have helped a child giving him 100gp ... my reputation as a result is increased of 1 .... and immediately afterwards, the reputation has declined by 2, as if I had done something bad .....????
What happens again???

Edit: It seems that the game has only now realized that I have a drow in the group .... because dead Yasraena, it gave me back the 2 points of reputation ...

Edited by masterdisorder, 16 October 2010 - 03:06 PM.

#79 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 10:46 AM

Kindrek: super NPC found in the district of the city gates.
It has 2 slots for fast items, but if I put there any potion ... disappears ... I put the potions, go back to the game, then return to the screen of the character and there is nothing more ...
:huh:

Forget it ... is a characteristic of this NPC ...

Edited by masterdisorder, 16 October 2010 - 03:01 PM.

#80 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 10:56 AM

Docks district: just got a guy named Krish appears from nowhere with four gunmen and apparently threatening me and extorts me 1000gp ... or at least that's what I guessed, since the dialogue was all in German ...

Evidently, during installation I don't checked "install only mod in English," because are beginning to be many mods in other languages that I find installed ...

And I can not even figure out which mod is ... I can not find references even in google ...???