Masterdisorder's BigWorld Tactical installation

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#21 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 01:32 PM

Any tips?

Yoou attach the pictures to a place like this, copy the direct link's address and post it in the forum code like this:
[img]http://--address[/img]
And you get this as a result:

Now, what comes to the problem, the Refinements is a possibility as is every other HLA table changer, like the Rogue Rebalance you obviously have...

Thank you again

#22 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 06:17 PM

I still don't fully understand how BWP chooses which components to install, but please make sure that when installing TobEx, every component is installed.

For more advanced users, TobEx beta 0008 has 'Recommended' and 'Required' tags to each component so that you know which components are compulsory for certain hacks.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#23 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 12:11 PM

New installation, the old one too many options unwanted and too many crashes
I'm at the friendly arms inn : Imoen dead, i go to the temple to resurrect her : when i buy the resurrection spell : CTD

Mod guilty?

baldur.err
Spoiler

new weidu.log
Spoiler

Edited by masterdisorder, 09 November 2010 - 12:30 AM.

#24 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 01:29 PM

baldur.err

Just post the contents next time (open it with a text editor). Which are:

ASSERTION FAILED!
File: CGameArea.cpp
Line: 2659

Exp: FALSE

Msg: I'm on 2 lists and can't recover
Run Debugger?

No clue what that means - never seen it before. What is on 2 lists, the Resurrection spell?

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#25 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 07:52 AM

I'm in Chapter 4 of the new installation. I found two strange objects:
Elander's Gloves of Might, that the item description should give +1 Strength. In addition to +1 in strength it gives also a penalty of -10 to Thac0 (??)
Gauntlets of the drow, the item description said that should give +1 attack per round. I get an attack bonus, but even a penalty of -5 to Thac0(??), but in the item description does not say anything about

Error? New objects created by a mod? So why the description of objects is not complete?

Edited by masterdisorder, 10 September 2010 - 07:54 AM.

#26 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:06 AM

Probably cause they're cursed :D

Both items come from Salk's cursed item revisions (basically makes cursed items more like normal items with negative bonuses - which aren't recognizable at first glance ;)) Surprise surprise! :lol:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#27 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:16 AM

Both items come from Salk's cursed item revisions (basically makes cursed items more like normal items with negative bonuses - which aren't recognizable at first glance ;)) Surprise surprise! :lol:

But are not cursed ... I do not have to use Remove Curse to remove ... I can put on and off when I want .....
Nice mod anyway
Thanks

Edited by masterdisorder, 13 September 2010 - 10:49 PM.

#28 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:18 AM

I'm about to change computers.
Question: If I install Baldur's Gate 1 + TOTSC + patch + BG2 + Throne of Bhaal + patch on the new PC, then copy the entire folder "BGii - SOA" (30 GB of mod ...) from the old PC to the new installation .....
Can it work?

Same OS: XP

Thanks

Edited by masterdisorder, 15 September 2010 - 12:19 AM.

#29 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:36 AM

I'm about to change computers.
Question: If I install Baldur's Gate 1 + TOTSC + patch + BG2 + Throne of Bhaal + patch on the new PC, then copy the entire folder "BGii - SOA" (30 GB of mod ...) from the old PC to the new installation .....
Can it work?

Yes, well the BG1 doesn't need to be installed, nor does the BG2 either... because when you use the BGMasin.exe to start the game and the game is in the folder it's supposed to be(the baldur.ini [Alias] -headers), then the game starts without the computers registery check ... read the answer #8 here.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#30 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 01:12 AM

In the dungeon of Ulcaster, last room, where there is the Wolf of Ulcaster, has now been added a Greater Werewolf. Only it does not move, not attacks, is immune to weapons +3 (? Not remember but they were so strong...) but is vulnerable to all spells: I killed him with a wand of lightning and magic missile.

Have i to post the creature .cre? It is a bug already reported?

#31 Arkenor

Arkenor
  • 255 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 01:24 AM

In the dungeon of Ulcaster, last room, where there is the Wolf of Ulcaster, has now been added a Greater Werewolf. Only it does not move, not attacks, is immune to weapons +3 (? Not remember but they were so strong...) but is vulnerable to all spells: I killed him with a wand of lightning and magic missile.

I think a Greater Werewolf in Ulcaster would be from the Vault mod.

Edited by Arkenor, 17 September 2010 - 01:28 AM.

Arkenor Oakshadow
Ark's Ark Whois
Meddling in the affairs of modders. Modding in the affairs of genie.

#32 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 01:40 AM

Another problem that I did not remember in the original game.

In the monument of the basilisk, Quayle was petrified, then the statue was "apparently" destroyed by an enemy mage. The icon of the PNG has become gray, as he was "dead." I then tried to resuscitate it and I made stone to flesh on him. Result: the character is alive, but does not follow my commands, nor is accessible menu of its inventory (the entire screen is gray and I can not see its objects ...). The circle around the character is green .... What happened?

#33 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 01:53 AM

In the monument of the basilisk, Quayle was petrified, then the statue was "apparently" destroyed by an enemy mage. The icon of the PNG has become gray, as he was "dead." I then tried to resuscitate it and I made stone to flesh on him. Result: the character is alive, but does not follow my commands, nor is accessible menu of its inventory (the entire screen is gray and I can not see its objects ...). The circle around the character is green .... What happened?

Well, the gray character picture would indicate that the character is dead, but it's body survived the death intact, so you need to resurect it, there's many (Harper's Call spell, temple Priest can resurect with gold, or Raise Dead scroll (SCRL63.itm))options.

#34 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 01:56 AM

The game can sometimes bug out with permanent death, at least hp-related permanent death. The game considers the character permanently dead but fails to properly remove the portrait. Consequently weird things happen when you try to raise the character. Could be that something similar has happened here.

#35 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 02:03 AM

Yes, it could help; could you please post its change-log as well? I could put it into my fixpack, in the inactive creatures fix component

Another problem that I did not remember in the original game.

It could have to do with ~TB#TWEAKS/TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #200 // Flesh to Stone Fix. (v2.10): TB#Tweaks, V 2.31

Apparently, it's the latest version, too... could you please post basilg1.itm , so that I can see if something else modified it?

Edited by Turambar, 17 September 2010 - 02:04 AM.

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#36 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 03:54 AM

Actually I do not like this mod ... Once I identify an object I want to know if it has some negative characteristics .... I do not want to use an object as characteristics seems OK, but it really gives me a -5 to injury or other penalties that I have to guess ...

#37 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:44 AM

Actually I do not like this mod ... Once I identify an object I want to know if it has some negative characteristics .... I do not want to use an object as characteristics seems OK, but it really gives me a -5 to injury or other penalties that I have to guess ...

Maybe you would like Item Randomiser's approach better. Cursed items are altered to look beneficial at first glance, but once you identify them you find out they're not what they seemed to be.
However, this behaviour is disabled if Cursed Item Revisions is installed.

#38 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:51 AM

I did a BW tactic installation, but I removed some mod:
Spoiler

To take out the next installation:

- BP balancer (I like to have powerful PC with lot of XP, not necessarily have characters balanced with monsters to face, is also nice sometimes to make minced meat of a horde of vampires, with little effort ...)
- DEFJAM (same reason above)
- Refinements (I have a F / T and point to get Use Any Item ...)
- Cursed Item Revisions (Once I identify an object I want to know if it has some negative characteristics .... I do not want to use an object as Characteristics Seems OK, But It really gives me to -5 to injury or other penalties That I Have to guess)
- Item Revisions Apparently remove the portrait icons from the items...
- The Jerry Zinger Show fun-Mod
- Cloakwood Squares fun-Mod
- The Bigg Tweak Pack CTD when launched Imprisonment
- P5Tweaks CTD when launched Imprisonment...
- Throne of Bhaal Extender (too many problems and CTD) (Fixed issues with the latest version?) Unfortunately, no...
- Revised Forgotten Wars Item Pack (Bugged items and/or overpowered...)
- Check the bodies - Expanded Company of Eight Too much bugged
- Check the bodies - Hlondeth The erbalist has infinite potions to permanently change the character's stats
- The Darkest Day - Dinan and Keris Experience and reputation bug

- Hard Times (I do not like to have little equipment, I want to get all items of the game available to me)
- Full Plate and Packing Steel (non-standard D & D rules ... are not yet ready)
- Aurora's Boots and Shoes (... I like to have thousands of money to spend)

There are no mod only in Italian, so I can check off "install only English mod", so there should be no need to remove manually and individually the following mod:
- Raziel (NPC mod in Polish)
- Thael (NPC mod in Spanish)
- Frennedan (NPC mod in German)
- Ascalons Questpack v0.5 Beta (in German only...I do not understand German ...)
- Ascalons Breagar (in German only...I do not understand German ...)
- Vendedor DLAN (Merchant mod in Spanish, seemingly overpowered)
- Genwas Händlermod in German
- Trovador REO v2.4a (Merchant mod in Spanish... His stories are too long ... hundreds of click ... too much ..)

A thing I do not like are the reduced XP rewards for thieves ability and for copy scrolls, but I can not figure out which mod continues to reduce the rewards. It's Trilogy same?
Edit: Yes, it's Trilogy :Somehow I should be able to install this component that solves the problem : BGT Tweak Install Component 1900 [Restore BG2 XP bonus for traps, locks, and scrolls]

I'm also thinking of leaving in the new installation only the mods marked by the words: Quest, NPC or Mini

Your opinions?

Edited by masterdisorder, 08 December 2010 - 04:26 PM.

#39 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:16 AM

- Throne Extender (too many problems and CTD)
- Ascalons Breagar (in German only... but the tactic standard installation installs it anyway... I do not understand German ...)
Your opinions?

-You do know that you do not have to use the TobEx.exe and so avoid all the CtD's it would make... and if you download and install it by hand, you should get the stable version...
-The BWS has 'English Only'('Do not install foreign-language mods') -option that you can select that should remove the AB.
... you asked. :D

#40 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:30 AM

-You do know that you do not have to use the TobEx.exe and so avoid all the CtD's it would make... and if you download and install it by hand, you should get the stable version...

By hand? ... with an automatic instrument so well as BigWorld Setup? ... Too tiring ... :D

--The BWS has 'English Only'('Do not install foreign-language mods') -option that you can select that should remove the AB.
... you asked. :D

So I did, but Breagar in my previous installation was installed anyway, so this time I removed the mod directly.