Public test release feedback

• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

#21 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:59 AM

Oops, change "Tweak:Enable PickpocketFailed Trigger" to "Trigger:Enable PickpocketFailed Trigger" in TobEx_ini/TobExTweak.ini. Perhaps it ain't the best idea to pop this version into a public mod just yet.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#22 rajman

rajman
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 03:34 AM

Hello,

ToBEx beta v20, various setups, same issue: screenshot was taken with only the core part installed.

I see that black border around many lighting effects if I play with 3d accelerations disabled ( 16 bit ); playing with them enabled removes the black border but causes hard slowdowns on the laptop so turning them on is not a option sadly.

This is happening on a fresh installation ( only latest patch and g3 fixpack installed ); uninstalling ToBEx solves the issue. Are 3d options required to run this mod?

Edit: woot first post after almost 5 years of ninja lurking. Hi all! :cheers:

Attached Images

• Baldr000.jpg

Edited by rajman, 01 March 2011 - 03:36 AM.

#23 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 04:48 AM

One of the hacks fixes an issue but makes the game look worse.
Check your baldur.ini for 'Disable Brighten' and toggle the setting. See if that helps.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#24 rajman

rajman
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 04:51 AM

changed value from 1 to 0, that fixes everything :Bow:

#25 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 05:25 PM

Edit: woot first post after almost 5 years of ninja lurking. Hi all! :cheers:

ToBEx - shaking up the community! :ph34r:

Edited by Dakk, 01 March 2011 - 05:25 PM.

#26 Maanape

Maanape
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 12:07 PM

Hi, I'm using ToBEx v20, and its "Disable Duplicate Effects Stacking" seems to prevent the Spellpack5 Web creatures from actually entangling anyone at all. Since I set this option to 0, the webs function as intended. But then, I think of what should be fixed by this option, and now it's not...

#27 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:56 PM

Hi, I'm using ToBEx v20, and its "Disable Duplicate Effects Stacking" seems to prevent the Spellpack5 Web creatures from actually entangling anyone at all. Since I set this option to 0, the webs function as intended. But then, I think of what should be fixed by this option, and now it's not...

Did you deliberately enable this? It is 0 for a reason.
Plus, there are other already known issues at http://www.shsforums...te-effect-code/

--------------
Retired Modder

#28 Maanape

Maanape
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:24 AM

Oh, sorry, my mistake. Actually the option I had to disable was "Repeating Effect Fix", since it appears to prevent the Web creatures from Spellpack5 to function at all. As stated in the discription of the option, I think it will cause me future malfunctions, though.

#29 pacek

pacek
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:47 PM

I had an issue with entangle graphics not showing properly (don't know about other spells, just started a game), and it seems to be fixed when I set Brighten On Disable Brightest No3d Fix=0
FYI I also have Disable Brighten and 3D acceleration in Baldur.ini set to 0

#30 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:01 PM

I had an issue with entangle graphics not showing properly (don't know about other spells, just started a game), and it seems to be fixed when I set Brighten On Disable Brightest No3d Fix=0

Original post @ G3
(posted so Demi can sleep and release IR v3)

#31 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:21 PM

See http://forums.gibber...46

--------------
Retired Modder

#32 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 03:38 AM

See http://forums.gibber...46

In short, 'Brighten On Disable Brightest No3d Fix' will be kaputz and won't exist anymore.

Oh, sorry, my mistake. Actually the option I had to disable was "Repeating Effect Fix", since it appears to prevent the Web creatures from Spellpack5 to function at all. As stated in the discription of the option, I think it will cause me future malfunctions, though.

Which component of spellpack is this? I'll install it and have a look.

Edited by Ascension64, 04 March 2011 - 03:39 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder

#33 Maanape

Maanape
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 04:43 AM

It's component 31 at Spellpack v5. :)

Edited by Maanape, 04 March 2011 - 04:48 AM.

#34 Galactygon

Galactygon

Modding since 2002

• 938 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 08:25 AM

Since the semi-public release of SpellPack B6, I'm not supporting B5 or any other earlier version. [blind guess]Installing B6 instead of B5 might fix what you're experiencing.[/blind guess]

-Galactygon
Posted Image

#35 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 03:20 PM

Since the semi-public release of SpellPack B6, I'm not supporting B5 or any other earlier version. [blind guess]Installing B6 instead of B5 might fix what you're experiencing.[/blind guess]

-Galactygon

Hmm, do try with Spellpack v6 first. I don't have a copy of Spellpack v5 and I can't access a copy either.

--------------
Retired Modder

#36 rajman

rajman
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 03:52 AM

While I'm in bug reporting mood, I'd like to point out that everytime I make a clean backup of my BG2 folder ( delete weidu.txt, replace old override/bgmain/chitin.key ) I can't reinstall ToBEx without first deleting its folders and re-extracting the downloaded archive. Any clue?

Edit: from TB#Tweaks board

I played with the always facestab component and enemy thieves were getting successful backstabs on my character protected by a item with the protection from backstab property

Edited by rajman, 08 March 2011 - 03:57 AM.

#37 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 04:46 AM

While I'm in bug reporting mood, I'd like to point out that everytime I make a clean backup of my BG2 folder ( delete weidu.txt, replace old override/bgmain/chitin.key ) I can't reinstall ToBEx without first deleting its folders and re-extracting the downloaded archive. Any clue?

You need to delete the TobEx_ini folder.

To be cleaner, delete the TobEx_ini folder and TobEx.dll as well.

I played with the always facestab component and enemy thieves were getting successful backstabs on my character protected by a item with the protection from backstab property

Yep, my typo. I had an OR instead of an AND, such that

pseudo
if (!barbarian OR !immunitybackstab) //should be AND
  can backstab
else
  can't backstab
end

--------------
Retired Modder

#38 rajman

rajman
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 06:04 AM

pseudo

if (!barbarian OR !immunitybackstab) //should be AND
  can backstab
else
  can't backstab
end

Where do I modify that?

#39 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 06:49 AM

You don't (unless you have Visual Studio, in which case you patch ToBEx's source code and recompile); you wait for the next version of ToBEx.

Edited by the bigg, 08 March 2011 - 06:49 AM.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#40 rajman

rajman
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 06:51 AM

*waits*

Ok I waited enough. Where do I get that visual studio stuff? :crazy:

Edited by rajman, 08 March 2011 - 06:54 AM.