Photo

W_PackMule

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#21 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 02:28 AM

Do other animations added by INFINITY ANIMATIONS work?

I tried with "PIT_FIEND_NWN - 20533" (I think is an animation added by INFINITY ANIMATIONS Posted Image ) and works!!!

If it help you here is my saved game with PIT_FIEND_NWN - 20533:

Attached Files

• Attached File  Mule.rar   50.27K   365 downloads

Edited by ilot, 04 March 2011 - 02:53 AM.

Italian mods tanslator!!!!

#22 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 03:24 AM

If you set 'Logging On=1' in baldur.ini, the baldur.err might reveal something more useful.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#23 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 07:10 AM

If you set 'Logging On=1' in baldur.ini, the baldur.err might reveal something more useful.

I've insert "Logging On=1" under Program Options in my baldur.ini I got CTD and when I open baldur.err file here is this odd message error :

---------------------Start Logging Session---------------------

Unfortunately I think that this is not useful Posted Image

I think that this is a strange CTD because when I enter in AR0700 or AR6800 areas I can see for 2/3 second the area and then my screen become all black (but I can hear all sounds game) and several others second (about 10 seconds) the game return to Windows!!

Thank you for yours help!! Posted Image

Edited by ilot, 04 March 2011 - 07:27 AM.

#24 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 07:47 AM

Did you install this mod and start a new game or did you install it on an old game? Like any mod that uses Infinity Animations, the player must start a new game.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#25 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 09:00 AM

Did you install this mod and start a new game or did you install it on an old game? Like any mod that uses Infinity Animations, the player must start a new game.

Yes, I installed "Infinity Animations", "W_Pack Mule" and then I started a new game.
Infinity Animations works well.
I noticed (with Near Infinity) that are presents the new animations about the "Mule" but for some reasons they are not presents in my game!! Posted Image

Is possible that the mod not works with BGTrilogy? Maybe override some files...Posted Image

Edited by ilot, 04 March 2011 - 09:01 AM.

#26 Kwiat_W

Kwiat_W
  • Modder
  • 290 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:31 PM

Just to clarify, Pack mule doesn't require starting a new game (I should add this to the readme), but IA does.
I just made a fresh install of bgt and everything works fine, so if there is any incompatibility, it's not with bgt. I'm still looking...

icon11.gif W_GUI - a GUI replacement for Baldur's Gate 2/TUTU/BGT/CA
icon11.gif W_PackMule - Your own pack mule for Baldur's Gate 2/Tutu/BGT/CA, BGEE and BG2:EE

icon11.gif Psionics Unleashed - play as a Psion, mod for Baldur's Gate 2/Tutu/BGT/CA

#27 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:44 PM

Just to clarify, Pack mule doesn't require starting a new game (I should add this to the readme), but IA does.

The IA didn't either, as it has option to re-index the creature files in the saves... or something to whatever effect, so I was able to play the Classic Adventures with the Pack Mule without a need to start a new game... and everything was fine after I of course made it disappear(to get the shadow). Hmm, I should test it more.

Of course the safest way is to start a new game either way...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 04 March 2011 - 01:46 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#28 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 02:17 PM

I just made a fresh install of bgt and everything works fine, so if there is any incompatibility, it's not with bgt. I'm still looking...

I apologize if I bother with my problem but I like this mod and it's a pity If the Mule is not present in my game!!! Posted Image

PS: I've installed "One Pixel Productions" too, do you think that it could be a problem?

#29 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 02:36 PM

I apologize if I bother with my problem but I like this mod and it's a pity If the Mule is not present in my game!!!

Try this with the Console in any area you can load and see what happens:
CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("W_MULE")

#30 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 02:53 PM

Try this with the Console in any area you can load and see what happens: [code=auto:0]CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("W_MULE")

I tried and I got the same CTD Posted Image

#31 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 03:02 PM

I don't like suggesting this. Perhaps you could install TobEx, and then trying again. TobEx.log may reveal something.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#32 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 03:16 PM

I don't like suggesting this. Perhaps you could install TobEx, and then trying again. TobEx.log may reveal something.

Thank you Ascension64 for your help, I just installed Tobex (Beta19) but here is the "TobEx.log": Posted Image

-----TobEx: Throne of Bhaal Extender build 0.19.2.19 (Sat 05 Mar 2011 00:11:59)

Edit: Is there a way for to force at insert the "animation mule" in my game with Near Infinity only for a test?

Edited by ilot, 04 March 2011 - 04:10 PM.

#33 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 06:43 AM

The Mule works now!!!! Posted Image

I think found the problem. .
After install the Mule I've changed the file name at w_PackMule/copy folder. I've substituted all file with the initial key "Á" with the key "µ". For example ÁDIA1E.bam in µDIA1E.bam.

I don't know why my folder game has named as first key "Á" in place of "µ", maybe the old italian keyboards not recognize this symbol!!!

Thanks

Edited by ilot, 05 March 2011 - 06:45 AM.

#34 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 08:19 AM

maybe the old italian keyboards not recognize this symbol!!!

Actually it's the local language setting with the coding... lookey here:

3.2 Installing mods with non-ANSI compatible language systems.
The WeiDU.exe uses a preset non-Unicode codepage to load and copy resource files. Some of the resources in mods like the Infinity Animations use characters like £/µ/Þ/... which map to different numerical values on different language code pages. Therefore, when some mods like the Infinity Animations, detect the codepage other than the Windows-1252 "ANSI" codepage used with most Western languages, it can force a registry change to take the 1252(English/United States) as the current codepage and prompt to reboot the system so the change takes effect. Now, this has problems within the BWS as the mods are supposed to be installed in sequence and so a reboot in the middle of the operation will just crash the whole thing, so to fix this issue, you need to preset the language code page to the right one, namely to English(United States) one.

If you have a different codepage and wish to change it manually yourself (and only if), you can set the default system locale for non-Unicode applications to English. This can be done as follows on Windows systems:
* Start ->
* Control Panel ->
* Regional and Language Settings in Classic View OR:

Clock, Language and Region -> Region and Languages, in the fancy view ->

* Click on the Advanced or Administrative tab ->
* Then where it talks about non-Unicode programs, change the language to English(United States) ->
* Then remember to click the Apply. And you need to restart the computer for it to actually take effect.

#35 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 08:58 AM

Thank you Jarno Mikkola, but is the first time that it happened to me!!!! Posted Image

#36 Kwiat_W

Kwiat_W
  • Modder
  • 290 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:20 AM

I'm glad it works, it's very strange thou. NWN pit fiend animation files have the same character in name and it wasn't changed. :blink:

I got the italian translation, tank you (and thanks for spotting the typo you mentioned in your email). :)

icon11.gif W_GUI - a GUI replacement for Baldur's Gate 2/TUTU/BGT/CA
icon11.gif W_PackMule - Your own pack mule for Baldur's Gate 2/Tutu/BGT/CA, BGEE and BG2:EE

icon11.gif Psionics Unleashed - play as a Psion, mod for Baldur's Gate 2/Tutu/BGT/CA

#37 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:18 AM

I'm glad it works, it's very strange thou. NWN pit fiend animation files have the same character in name and it wasn't changed. Posted Image

Maybe because I got infinity animations folder from another PC that recognize that key and I copied it in my pc, so the files "with this strange symbol" are not changed and I have installed infinity animation succesfully.
I know pheraps I expressed myself bad!! Posted Image

I got the italian translation, tank you (and thanks for spotting the typo you mentioned in your email). Posted Image

Thank you Posted Image

Edited by ilot, 05 March 2011 - 11:18 AM.

#38 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 02:38 PM

Maybe because I got infinity animations folder from another PC that recognize that key and I copied it in my pc, so the files "with this strange symbol" are not changed and I have installed infinity animation succesfully.
I know pheraps I expressed myself bad!!

I have seen this happen before (see here). I also see a lot of special character replacement when moving files from one computer to another (Linux to Windows in my case). As long as you make sure the filenames match the IDS entries (here) everything should work.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#39 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:48 AM

I know pheraps I expressed myself bad!!

I have seen this happen before (see here). I also see a lot of special character replacement when moving files from one computer to another (Linux to Windows in my case). As long as you make sure the filenames match the IDS entries (here) everything should work.

Thanks for the news Posted Image

#40 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:03 AM

Hello,

We're working on the french translation. :)