• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#81 ghostdog

ghostdog
  • Modder
  • 556 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:18 AM

Nice work on the upgrade. I have two issues:

1. My TobEx public test release .rar attachment gets corrupted with an extra byte (0xA) at the start of the file when I upload. I have tried uploading multiple times with the same result.

http://www.shsforums...post__p__533059

2. I cannot PM a member of the forum with an apostrophe (') in the name.

I'm having the same problem with my bigger BG2 fonts. Is this happening to all .rar uploads ?. Temporary solutions :

- While Winrar fails to open the .rar archive, 7zip opens it without problems.
- Zip or 7zip files seem to work just fine.

#82 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:40 AM

Just a side comment - if you don't log in and try to post as guest, the anti-spam captcha picture alignment measure thing - it sucks, big time. I had no idea what kind of picture matching game it was trying to tell me to play and I was staring at it for longer than I should have been. I'm using Firefox 9.0.1 and I am pretty sure the browser was just messing something up on the image display, hence the "huhbleerg?" inability to overcome the captcha test. That or it really is adult proof! FYI

#83 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:14 AM

I have a request. One thing really annoys me, but I may be doing something wrong.
When I get new message, then I click the small envelope on the top. The list of latest conversations appear. When I click to open the one with new replies, it always opens on a first post (first page). Is it possible to make it skip to the last read post in the conversation?

#84 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:38 AM

Just a side comment - if you don't log in and try to post as guest, the anti-spam captcha picture alignment measure thing - it sucks, big time. I had no idea what kind of picture matching game it was trying to tell me to play and I was staring at it for longer than I should have been. I'm using Firefox 9.0.1 and I am pretty sure the browser was just messing something up on the image display, hence the "huhbleerg?" inability to overcome the captcha test. That or it really is adult proof! FYI

I'm just checking how this captcha test works. If you see this post it works fine on Opera.

-Kwiat_W

#85 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:58 AM

I just PM'd K'aeloree last night and it worked for me.
DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community

#86 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:19 AM

I just PM'd K'aeloree last night and it worked for me.

I don't have a problem with getting K'aeloree to show up for PM either, the usual "first three characters must be typed before suggestion" applies as normal - so after "K'a" his/her name pop up.

#87 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:06 PM

A screenshot of my "posting as guest captcha confuzzlement" may be more helpful than my descriptive words.

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with that...

#88 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:52 PM

Have you tried typing Mayday Mayday? :P

#89 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:47 AM

I don't have a problem with getting K'aeloree to show up for PM either, the usual "first three characters must be typed before suggestion" applies as normal - so after "K'a" his/her name pop up.

It appears K'aeloree does work. However, if I put hindo's doom into the Other Recipient's field, I am not allowed to send and hindo's doom's name is shortened to hindo.

Edited by Ascension64, 03 February 2012 - 12:47 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#90 hindo's doom

hindo's doom
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:52 AM

zz

Edited by hindo's doom, 27 February 2015 - 05:12 PM.

#91 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:41 AM

It appears K'aeloree does work. However, if I put hindo's doom into the Other Recipient's field, I am not allowed to send and hindo's doom's name is shortened to hindo.

I think it works for me. I tried sending a PM to you with hindo as Other Recipient. Using FF 9.01 on W7.

#92 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:42 AM

Nice work on the upgrade. I have two issues:

1. My TobEx public test release .rar attachment gets corrupted with an extra byte (0xA) at the start of the file when I upload. I have tried uploading multiple times with the same result.

http://www.shsforums...post__p__533059

I'm having the same problem with my bigger BG2 fonts. Is this happening to all .rar uploads ?. Temporary solutions :

- While Winrar fails to open the .rar archive, 7zip opens it without problems.
- Zip or 7zip files seem to work just fine.

I've had both .zip and .7z files corrupted. For example the latest Khalid NPC for BG2 (zip) and a 9MB BIF (7zip). I could repair the zip with a hex editor (removing the aforementioned extra byte), but it did not work for the 7zip.

#93 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:35 PM

I don't know what changed, but the apostrophes seem to be working now.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#94 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:01 PM

I don't know if there has been any further optimization going on, but the forums appear to function very smoothly today.

Edited by Archmage Silver, 03 February 2012 - 03:01 PM.

#95 -Felipe-

-Felipe-

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:54 PM

not here, it's with the same problems i reported earlier and i believe the background image must be the responsable for this, i still believe ppl shoud be able to choose between skins, without needing to go at a control panel, just clicking somewhere right here in the forums.

#96 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:07 PM

As I've said before, this is the only skin that will be available. The old skin does not work with the current version of IPB. We are looking into ways of improving it for those with slower computers.

Just so you all know, we're keeping a close eye on this thread and making small improvements, glad some of them are working! I'm not sure what was up with the apostrophe thing, because I'm relatively sure we didn't change anything there. It's possible the software is becoming sentient. Let us just hope it does not decide we are unworthy.

#97 -Felipe-

-Felipe-

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:26 AM

As I've said before, this is the only skin that will be available. The old skin does not work with the current version of IPB. We are looking into ways of improving it for those with slower computers.

i see, i'd like to ask, the image is .bmp, 24 or 32 bit? did you try other skins to see if this one here may be the cause? it's possible to get the quick shortcut in the bottom back?

#98 snepp

snepp
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:26 AM

AdBlocking the background image takes care of the performance problems for me.

#99 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:03 PM

i see, i'd like to ask, the image is .bmp, 24 or 32 bit? did you try other skins to see if this one here may be the cause? it's possible to get the quick shortcut in the bottom back?

The background image isn't a .bmp image - that's not even a web format. It's a scalable 1920x1200 .jpg image. You can check stuff like this yourself - for Firefox, just open the browser's context menu with a right-click over the image and select "View Background Image". After that you'll see the image and it's only a matter of opening the context menu again, and selecting "View Image Info".

#100 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:44 AM

My RSS feed to SHS forum threads died since forum upgrade and, what's worse, each time I'm trying to get myself new one, I've got some weird error:
Ошибка синтаксического анализа XML: объявление XML или текста не в начале сущности
Строка 2, символ 1:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
^
It states something along the lines of "XML sintax analisys mistake: calling XML or text not at the start of entity at line 2 symbol 1"
Sorry for (possibly) horrible translation, it's because I had no idea what it means even in russian :)
Is it possible for me to make RSS feed to work again, as I'm really attached to it?

BTW, I'm using FF 3.6.26.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)