• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#101 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:17 AM

Same issue with SeaMonkey (which uses code similar to Thunderbird, so Gecko):
Errore interpretazione XML: la dichiarazione XML o testuale non è all'inizio di un'entità

Indirizzo: http://www.shsforums.net/rss/forums/1-shs-rss/
Linea numero 2, colonna 1:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
^

and with webkit (Konqueror):
This page contains the following errors:

error on line 2 at column 44: XML declaration not at start of document.
Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

Edited by Turambar, 05 February 2012 - 03:19 AM.

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#102 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:26 PM

1. My TobEx public test release .rar attachment gets corrupted with an extra byte (0xA) at the start of the file when I upload. I have tried uploading multiple times with the same result.

If this is still an issue, it makes the other ones pale by comparison. I came to report I couldn't upload files at all (except via attachment, and only then on Windows/IE) but if I could, I wouldn't want them corrupted by an extra byte.

I hope you guys know we're not bashing SHS, but if we can bash someone at IP.Board (er, get someone to remedy it), by all means, send us the link.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#103 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:39 PM

Heh :D Of course not, and if it's any consolation, these sorts of bugs are probably more frustrating for us than for you guys. We're on it, but SHS is a complex beast that's gone through so many iterations at this point that bug-fixing is sometimes a precarious business. We're doing what we can to fix issues as they come up, but some of them are a little more esoteric than others.

#104 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:32 PM

Hi, I'm wondering if it's possible to have some backwards compatibility for old forum/topic links? Currently old links in the modlist like http://forums.spellh...p?showforum=159 or http://forums.spellh...showtopic=27106 are not working and I have to manually search each link's new placement via Google(because new topic links also include a topic name). And it's quite a few of these links, so, yeah, it's a hassle. :( By the way, it's weird how Google can give you where the "Unique Artifacts" mod is stored, but Spellhold Studios internal search cannot. (scratches head)

#105 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:13 AM

Hi, I'm wondering if it's possible to have some backwards compatibility for old forum/topic links? Currently old links in the modlist like http://forums.spellh...p?showforum=159 or http://forums.spellh...showtopic=27106 are not working and I have to manually search each link's new placement via Google(because new topic links also include a topic name). And it's quite a few of these links, so, yeah, it's a hassle. :( By the way, it's weird how Google can give you where the "Unique Artifacts" mod is stored, but Spellhold Studios internal search cannot. (scratches head)

The same way that Bethesda forums give me a total and utter headache when using the old links.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#106 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:15 AM

I'm afraid I don't think that's possible without getting SC to do some hackery, but what you can do is copy the topic id, and input it into http://www.shsforums...?showtopic=xxxx, replacing xxxx with the topic ID.

#107 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:29 AM

Yep, that's much easier. Thank you.

#108 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:28 AM

I still am getting the apostrophe problem on PM.
The exact send list I have tried is:

Recipient's Name: Lisandro
Other Recipients: Salk, Mephisto Satan Devil, hindo's doom, Isaya, ilot, prowler

If I shift hindo's doom to the very end of the Other Recipients list, the PM is sent.

Edited by Ascension64, 08 February 2012 - 12:28 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#109 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:11 AM

Concerning corrupted attachments: apparently the corruption occurs during download, and not during upload; I had that problem with images in this post, which were uploaded before the upgrade and were working before:
http://www.shsforums...post__p__372432

In this case, the extra byte (which was prepended to the file) was 0A, which is line feed (\n) IIRC

Turambar

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!

vipersig.jpg

#110 Bookwyrme

Bookwyrme
  • Modder
  • 5804 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:38 AM

At least some of the download links are broken. I've tried Hubelpot, Aurora, and Fade. Following the DL link in the forum gets a "Problem loading Page" the "Info" link will load the info page, but then again the "Download" button gets a "Problem loading page"

Mods: <a data-cke-saved-href="http://www.shsforums...-auroras-shoes/">Aurora's Shoes (released),

#111 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:22 PM

Links are broken, yes. Just link people directly to download categories.

#112 Bookwyrme

Bookwyrme
  • Modder
  • 5804 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:32 PM

I'm trying to find them myself. Where are they?

Edit: Ah! Got it! http://www.shsforums...num__10__st__10

Edited by Bookwyrme, 09 February 2012 - 03:13 PM.

Mods: <a data-cke-saved-href="http://www.shsforums...-auroras-shoes/">Aurora's Shoes (released),

#113 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:12 PM

1) As already reported, PM topics open on the first page, and there isn't even the go-to-the-last-page button.
2) CTRL-V doesn't work in rich/fancy/whatever editing mode, I have to r-click and paste it manually. Actually, G3 has the same problem, so it may be IPB's own bug.
3) Perhaps it's just my imagination, but is the board supposed to make a sound notification (a quiet beep) whenever new message is posted? If yes, wouldyou kill it or make optional, please? Sorry, false accusation.

Edited by GeN1e, 09 February 2012 - 02:17 PM.

Retired from modding.

#114 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:44 PM

I can no longer download previous versions of mods, even when logged in. This used to work before the upgrade. I get a "[#108119] We could not find the file specified" message. I really need to look at some old versions (e.g. BPv179) to diff the current development version.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#115 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:51 PM

Unfortunately they no longer exist on the server. Any previous versions were deleted during the move, only current versions are available. Maybe ask on the BP forum? I'm sure someone has a copy. :)

#116 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:38 AM

Unfortunately they no longer exist on the server. Any previous versions were deleted during the move, only current versions are available. Maybe ask on the BP forum? I'm sure someone has a copy. :)

@Miloch: see workroom; hope that helps

Are there any news concerning the uploads, or the corrupted downloads?

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#117 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:36 PM

The "quote" feature doesn't always work in PM threads. Direct quoting a post does, but "artificially" quoting - entering text and then trying to surround it with the quote tag - seems to not parse the BBcode properly.

#118 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:40 PM

Unfortunately that's a software bug, nothing we can do anything about. Hopefully it gets fixed in a future IPB version!

#119 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:33 PM

Any ETA on getting the readmes back online? It is probably causing some ongoing confusion (like here and here).

#120 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:38 AM

I can no longer download previous versions of mods, even when logged in. This used to work before the upgrade. I get a "[#108119] We could not find the file specified" message. I really need to look at some old versions (e.g. BPv179) to diff the current development version.

This is tragic. Really, Seriously.

I find it hard to believe that no provision was made to backup the older versions.

So just to confirm, attachments within Posts were restored? All of them?

And can we rebuild mods' archive by submitting them to the Download section?