Forum upgrade complete!

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#41 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:26 PM

I've got to ask about the avatar/photo setting though, is this the new IP.Board standard? I just find cropped avatars somewhat annoying.

Stop ignoring me. :rolleyes:

#42 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:22 PM

I've got to ask about the avatar/photo setting though, is this the new IP.Board standard? I just find cropped avatars somewhat annoying.

Stop ignoring me. :rolleyes:

You could always look it up. :)
DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community

#43 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:12 PM

3 - the choice of skin should be optional, like i said, i like the background dragon but i liked the other skin more. :/

The very classy new skin has really grown on me in the last 24 hours and I'd probably keep it, but I'll second this all the same. If it's technically feasible, it would be nice to have both of them available.

#44 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:51 PM

Unfortunately it's not technically feasible; if it was, we wouldn't have needed to make a new skin. :-)

Will reply to more later, busy celebrating Australia day!

#45 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:56 AM

Were the new updates to the forum software suppose to improve spam blocking, cause I've still seen quite a few spam posts since the update, and many of the latest Community Status Updates seem to be advertisements for prostitutes, torrents, and bras... Just sayin :P

Note that I'm not complaining to any of our admins at all. As there was a big to-do concerning spam a while back, I'm just making a general comment/query.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#46 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:14 AM

I have a "Topic Moderation" button at the top of every thread, but trying to use either of the options (Rename Topic or Set Invisible) returns an error:

[#103119.5] You do not have permission to carry out that function.

Can/should this button be hidden for those who do not have the administrative privileges to use it? I mention it because I figure the admins who would have the ability to hide it also have the ability to use it, so they wouldn't know it was visible to the average user.

On a side note, does each member have a unique SHS email address? For me, something like Sam.@spellholdstudios.net or 10485@spellholdstudios.net ?
Used to, people could send emails to me through SHS via http://www.shsforums...=Mail&MID=10485 but that link no longer works and I can’t seem to find an equivalent.

Edited by Sam., 26 January 2012 - 01:15 AM.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#47 ghostdog

ghostdog
  • Modder
  • 556 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:34 AM

I'm also experiencing severe scrolling lag with firefox 3.6. When I adblocked the dragon background the lag was gone (mostly, it's still a little choppy).

Edited by ghostdog, 26 January 2012 - 06:35 AM.

#48 Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

Drama Queen

• 132 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:46 AM

Scrolling is...not very smooth on Opera 11.6. On Firefox 9.0.1, it's nearly perfect.

Very nice looking, though. I did, however, like the darker red banner vs. this orangey red...but I'll live. :)

Edited by Bartimaeus, 26 January 2012 - 06:47 AM.

#49 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:15 AM

Gorgeous Design! And it runs smoothly on my machine :clap:
Dear gamer! You cannot summon Spirits of Rage when fighting bosses. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send all complaints to Undead Control Administration, Bosses Combat Department, and apply for revision of the Endoria combat regulations. - King?s Bounty, the Legend
Posted Image

#50 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:28 PM

By the way, is there any chance for a shoutbox on the site? I have no idea how do you people communicate, it's weird

#51 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:24 PM

The bookmark icon is still missing - at least it's for me.

#52 MiLeah

MiLeah
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:11 PM

Okay, so I'm late. But my excuse is that I was comparing what this new upgrade has to offer. And I can see a huge improvement!
Congratz on finishing, and nice job on the make-over. I like this new design. Feels lighter and somehow 'cleaner'.

#53 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:39 AM

Erhm, the download pages "Previous Versions" links all lead to this, or simular pages:

An Error Occurred
Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.
[#108119] We could not find the file specified

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#54 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:45 AM

Yes, only current versions are downloadable.

#55 khay

khay

Swords to Rust, Hearts to Dust

• Modder
  • 1719 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:20 AM

Scrolling should be significantly smoother now (shift+F5 or cmd+shift+R to make sure you get the latest version of the stylesheet files). For those who have the Segoe UI font installed (Windows Vista/7/8—XP users can and definitely should get the font due to its widespread usage, the easiest way is probably by installing Windows Live Essentials) should have much more readable text now.

Tons of small tweaks have been made and more changes are incoming, including the glorious restoration of the favicon. :)

Edited by khayman, 27 January 2012 - 07:25 AM.
I accidentally a word.

#56 Aranthys

Aranthys
  • 139 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:02 PM

Scrolling should be significantly smoother now (shift+F5 or cmd+shift+R to make sure you get the latest version of the stylesheet files). For those who have the Segoe UI font installed (Windows Vista/7/8—XP users can and definitely should get the font due to its widespread usage, the easiest way is probably by installing Windows Live Essentials) should have much more readable text now.

Tons of small tweaks have been made and more changes are incoming, including the glorious restoration of the favicon. :)

Err, actually, to refresh the cache, it's Ctrl + F5 :o
Works great now, thanks !

#57 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:06 PM

Nice work, the scrolling experience is much smoother with Firefox 9.0.1. Now if I just could convince Firefox that it's a good idea to save my login details in a way that they actually show up in the new sign in form...

And long live the favicon! Is it of a revised design? Inquiring minds need to know!

#58 Aranthys

Aranthys
  • 139 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:09 PM

Just to let you know, when you're browsing the forum, scrolling is stil bad.
But perfect when you're reading a topic :D

Seems like there's another CSS item you've got to change :D

Edit.: nevermind, seems okay now. Weird :o

Edited by Aranthys, 27 January 2012 - 01:25 PM.

#59 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:19 PM

The new HTML seems to be swallowing up CHARNAME's and other such tokens. Unless I'm just incompetent, which is entirely possible! Is there a way to fix that or do you need to use [ CODE ] now?

#60 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:21 PM

That's not a new problem, < CHARNAME > has never worked, unfortunately. You have to use [code=auto:0] or similar. =/