Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:50 AM

Info on random items:

RNDEQUIP.2DA:
Spoiler

RNDSCROL.2DA:
Spoiler

RNDMAGIC.2DA
Spoiler

What do those "*", "006" and "1" mean? I think I can check each of those items but I need to know what those numbers mean.

And one more question. How do fixes get their way to a fixpack? I mean do those fixes Lollorian provides here get to BWP fixpack?

Edited by Suslik, 31 January 2012 - 07:59 AM.

#22 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:59 AM

006 implies 6 gp (I think :unsure:) Not sure about * and 1 though...

Maybe it is a RND(MAG/WEP)XX.itm that you pick up though... but if I remember right, they should be substituted according to those tables. Unless something's preventing them from being substituted OR the tables don't specify what they need to be substituted with :o (damn that's confusing :D)

Isn't there a RNDWEAP.2DA and RNDTREAS.2DA too btw? :P

About the fixes making into the BWPFixpack, maybe they might, maybe they won't - but if they don't, we poke em till they do :lol:

Edited by Lollorian, 31 January 2012 - 09:01 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#23 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:33 AM

Isn't there a RNDWEAP.2DA and RNDTREAS.2DA too btw?

Lol I have missed them. I think I'll start checking those item tables when I have some spare time.

More info on items like "1", "001" and "*" is welcome.

#24 Quester

Quester
  • 157 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:07 PM

Turumbar's contingency bug[Not fixed][Hotfix is provided] "You can not cast multiple instances of the same contingency spell on yourself" sometimes pops out randomly on mage-chars.

Reason: Turambar's slow drow weapon disintegration component from Turumbar fixes uses some kind of contingency-like spell to detect drow weapons. Which is apparently bugged for now. As a temporary solution you can comment lines in Baldur/Baldur25.bcs which cast "TUDRWUD" spell. Use search in those scripts

Update: bug is reported to Turumbar

I'm getting this bug and it's bugging me! <_<

I'm not sure I understand what to do, though. Is it possible to fix it in an on-going game or would I have to restart?

#25 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:12 PM

This bugs does NOTHING... it won't annoy you more than this message. Just ignore it...

#26 Quester

Quester
  • 157 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:27 AM

Well I would prefer not having that message pop up all the time, hence the question as to how to get rid of it. ;)

#27 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:43 PM

Fouinto

This bugs does NOTHING... it won't annoy you more than this message. Just ignore it...

Well, spamming messages is apparently something that cannot be ignored, I have not even marked the bug as minor, I insist on saying that it's major.

Quester

I'm not sure I understand what to do, though. Is it possible to fix it in an on-going game or would I have to restart?

You can fix it on-going. Just open your baldur.bcs/baldur25.bcs with Near Infinity, then use search "TUDRWUD" in these to find all entries that include such lines(they should be like ApplySpell("TUDRWUD") or something) and remove/comment all of them, about 20 entries all in all.

Unfortunately I cannot access my current BWP setup, so I cannot tell you exactly which lines to remove, but if you will have problems with any of stated above, I can search for those myself.

And I do not know how these actions will affect the mod. I think drow items will not be disintegrated at all or something like that. Nothing major, I hope.

Edited by Suslik, 09 March 2012 - 03:45 PM.

#28 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:06 PM

More info on items like "1", "001" and "*" is welcome.

1 and 001 both mean 1gp.; * means you get nothing if that's what what the die roll produces (either 1d20 or 2d10 depending on the table). More info on random item tables is in the IESDP.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#29 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:26 PM

Rary's Mnemonic Enhancer/SCRX41.itm/SPWI975.spl bug[Not solved][Hotfix is provided] Problem with item SCRX41.ITM - a scroll called "Rary's mnemonic Enhancer", its spell cannot be learned(always fails when attempted). The reason is that associated spell SPWI975.SPL was replaced by Spell Revisions 3.1 by a spell "Shapeshift Spirit Troll". Of course one can take the backup of the original SPWI975.SPL from backups of Spell Revisions and learn the spell, but it may cause unwanted effects later with the shapeshift int abilities.

#30 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:18 AM

Do a changelog on that and see which mod this spell this is from, so I can report in the proper place.
At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#31 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:31 AM

The spell itself is from The Darkest Day, and is replaced in Spell Revisions. I suggest that it should be reported to spell revisions's forum, but it is down, it fails to post a message at G3 for me.

#32 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:48 PM

Not a bug, but somewhat questionable addition:
~SETUP-BPV180.TP2~ 0 4 // Improved Small Teeth Pass, by Kensai Ryu: v180ba BWP Fix
Component adds 8 dragons to a single location("small teeth path", AR1700). I had quite hard time beating those with all AI-enhancing mods like BP and SCSII, even with a decent power-play party. Isnt it a bit too much for SoA?

Personally I like such challenges, but the game is not supposed to handle so many boss-characters at once and it causes glitches - some dragons sometimes knock themselves unconscious, other dragons keep receiving script command to attack protagonist even if I flee to another location, which makes it pretty impossible to save or rest until the end of the encounter, even on faraway locations. But the worst glitch was with two red dragons who kept casting "dragon breath" on my teammates from the other side of the location, somewhere out of fog of war. There was also dragon called "Tapanasacar", who sometimes cast some spell on me which caused "Scribe scrolls" ability to be added to my protagonist again and again like twice each second.

Ok, the last issue was probably caused by my own tinkering with mechanism of receiving "Scribe scrolls", but all those other issues make an already difficult battle... well.. even more difficult and messy.

#33 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:51 AM

Not a bug, but somewhat questionable addition:
~SETUP-BPV180.TP2~ 0 4 // Improved Small Teeth Pass, by Kensai Ryu: v180ba BWP Fix
Component adds 8 dragons to a single location("small teeth path", AR1700). I had quite hard time beating those with all AI-enhancing mods like BP and SCSII, even with a decent power-play party. Isnt it a bit too much for SoA?

Hi,
Welcome to the Tactics mods selections :crazy:
There are few VERY hard battles and I think this one is the hardest but it's an 100% optional area...
I remember having succeeded this one few times... but, is there not "only" 4 dragons ?

#34 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:37 AM

I remember having succeeded this one few times... but, is there not "only" 4 dragons ?

Hey, Founito. Number of dragons in this area depends on current difficulty level, because AR1700.bcs consists of a few blocks like these for every difficulty level:
IF
	Global("KR_Dragons","AR1700",0)
	DifficultyGT(EASY)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("KR_Dragons","AR1700",1)
		CreateCreature("DRAGRED",[1154.2639],12) // Red Dragon
END

IF
	Global("KR_Dragons","AR1700",1)
	DifficultyGT(EASY)
	XPGT(Player1,1500000)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("KR_Dragons","AR1700",2)
		CreateCreature("DRAGREDD",[1308.2450],12) // Red Dragon
		CreateCreature("DRAGPURP",[3097.397],0) // Purple Dragon
END

IF
	Global("KR_Dragons","AR1700",2)
	DifficultyGT(NORMAL)
	XPGT(Player1,2000000)
	NumInPartyGT(3)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("KR_Dragons","AR1700",3)
		CreateCreature("BPDRAGTP",[3200.298],0) // Tapanasacar
		CreateCreature("BPDRGBRN",[2201.1964],0) // Dragon
END

IF
	Global("KR_Dragons","AR1700",2)
	Difficulty(HARDEST)
	XPGT(Player1,2500000)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("KR_Dragons","AR1700",3)
		CreateCreature("BPDRAGTP",[3200.298],0) // Tapanasacar
		CreateCreature("BPDRGBRN",[2201.1964],0) // Dragon
		CreateCreature("DRAGYELL",[2101.1864],0) // Yellow Dragon
END

I'm playing on "Insane", and yes, there were 8 dragons all in all. Love tactics : D

upd: wait, maybe i'm wrong - only one of the last two blocks will be fired, so there will be only 6 dragons. i was so scared that was even unable to count them properly ; )

Edited by Suslik, 29 March 2012 - 11:44 AM.

#35 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:11 PM

Hey, Founito. Number of dragons in this area depends on current difficulty level, because AR1700.bcs consists of a few blocks like these for every difficulty level:
[...]
I'm playing on "Insane", and yes, there were 8 dragons all in all. Love tactics : D

upd: wait, maybe i'm wrong - only one of the last two blocks will be fired, so there will be only 6 dragons. i was so scared that was even unable to count them properly ; )

:ROFL: you DO play insane difficulty with Tactics : OMG :Bow: , I can't imagine this (I always play "normal" and didn't imagine that the difficulty could modify the number of monster...) !
Is it he first fight you don't win ? what about beholder area ? Illithids area ? or fight with a "simple" Lich ?

Edit : Even with 4 dragons it's not an easy fight !

Edited by Fouinto, 29 March 2012 - 12:11 PM.

#36 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:47 PM

Is it he first fight you don't win ?

lolwut? i did win it in the end, i just posted a message that it was quite challenging. if you are interested, i'm currently playing ~lvl16/18 mage/thief multi with 10 attacks per round(katana of unknown origin, yalla, gloves+1 apr and improved haste = 10 attacks) each attack is x6 backstab from mislead and deals 80-250 damage per regular attack, ~500 damage with backstab crit. Always buffed with mislead and improved haste to maximize damage output and protection spells like sphere of dissipation to negate most damage. There are a lot of other extremely useful buffs like spell immunity and they vary from battle to battle. When fighting most challenging foes it is imperative to keep track on which buffs they are using on themselves - dragons for example tend to cast protection from magical weapons and spell immunity : abjuration, so i had to dispel spell immunity and only after that protections by "remove magic"/"breach". But with good self-buff one becomes pretty much invulnerable to most dragon attacks and has plenty of time to deal with them. Against dragons i advise spell immunity : abjuration, protection from fire, stoneskin, protection from magical weapons and protection from horror(whatever it is called) .

That particular dragon battle was challenging mostly because red dragons kept firing dragon breath on my unprotected teammates from the other side of the location(from fog of war) so I had to resurrect them at the end, by cleric who was protected by a simple "protection from fire".

Self-buffs and tracking which buffs are foes using on themselves is probably the most essential thing when fighting liches and other powerful mages. First protect yourself so that they will not kill you with a single spell and then look at the message log and find out a way to dispel their protections in order to make them vulnerable to ANY kind of damage. Then just hit with it. Usually contingency like "hp < 50%" is fired after that so you'll have to dispel newly cast protections and finish lich/mage after that.

Illithids are quite easy to counter - just buff yourself with mind-shielding spell(6th cleric level i think?). spell immunity : enchantment and freedom of movement also help but not entirely. and of course do not let them drain any character's intelligence below 1, they will die instantly.

Beholders are probably the only foes that you cannot entirely protect against. They keep firing all sorts of rays including dispelling ones so that my record of standing still in front of a hive mother relying on buffs alone without being negatively affected is about 18 seconds(3 rounds). Spell-absorbing protections like spell deflection/turning/trap are essential as well as "protection from magical energy" and "protection from electricity". Of course there's an imbalanced shield that reflects back beholder rays but i never use it, because it's imbalanced : D

And difficulty level does not matter a lot when you are properly protected by spells - you are either invulnerable or die in one hit regardless of difficulty level if protections are breached. On "insane" enemies have increased HP as well but it's not a problem for hard-hitting classes like high-level warriors or thieves or their duals, because most foes act in very similar way - they are either properly protected or dead in one round.

Who do have in party? I can try and give an advice or two on how to deal with any(at least those which can be found in vanilla) particular kind of foe if you wish.

And even more fun. I have found a quest in astral plane(dude at the lower right corner of Government Building) to save the universe. There were: demogorgon, lolth(yeah, drow god herself), some buddy for 100k exp and a dozen of minions 35k exp each. I suppose that dragon battle was just one of many, not unique in its difficulty : D

Edited by Suslik, 29 March 2012 - 07:18 PM.

#37 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:42 AM

I think the Astral Plane stuff is from the Vecna mod. Would be good to see that updated... might want to post any findings for that in that mod's thread.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#38 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:31 PM

First time I have encountered NPC called Mauro, from mod "MawgulNPC" and I find him wildly imbalanced. Not only he has full inventory of items, most of those items seem to be like "ultimate items as the modder sees them". Like apparently the modder had quite serious problems with illithids and so the character has a helmet that makes character immune to all psionic attacks. He had problems with dragons - there's an item that has 60% chance to kill a dragon. He had problems with dispelling magic protections, because there's a sword that dispells ALL of those with every hit. Lol wtf. There's even a book where he describes the strategies to kill certain foes, jeez, and may I say, not in an experienced way.

I suggest this mod requires either heavy modification or removal, even from tactics install, because it does have extreme balance issues.

#39 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:53 PM

Basically, someone just exported their PC after cheating a bunch of overpowered gear onto him and called it an NPC mod. It wouldn't even install without crashing originally (see here for some laughs). Eh, you sure that's in a "Tactics" install? It really belongs in the "Expert" (i.e. buggy/questionable) BWP content.

#40 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:29 AM

Just for ****s and giggles, I went in to the English setup.tra for the mod (holds all descriptions for items), and holy poo-poo:

* Amulet of Imbalance - essencally a amulet version of the unmodified Cloak of Mirroring
* Mark of the Magus - AC -1 and regeneration for a MAGE?!?!??! - and not counting as armor?
* Mind Shield Scroll - free permant Mind Shield, like NEJ Charming Rogue Imoen.
* Cloak of Valy-Gul - "This layer provides the energy necessary to make any normal weapon damage" do what? I guess it makes you immune to damage...
* Warrior's Arm - are you sure he's a mage or a incredbly powerful fighter?
* Belt of Balance - sets Strength and Con to 18 - and bonus +3 to slashing - what.
* The Theives Manual - he's a theif now? Open Locks and Dectect Traps whenever the user wants - what.
* Nemesis +6 - oh god - considering that +6 swords are always overpowered, here goes:
* Can cast Haste, Barkskin, and Invisibility together once a day (free sequencer, yay)
* Dispells all magical defences ON HIT (HOLY -)
* Con decreases -2 (dosen't matter - he has the belt)
* Dex increases +2 (ok, I guess?)
* User is permantly Chaotic Netural and has Charisma lowered by -2 (and a Helmite is carrying this? WTF)
* Armor of Lum the mad - what is the full description of this armor - per DTLCP looking at it?
* Instruction Book - did he just turn into Omachao now? Nevermind that those probally won't work in a Tactics installation, it has a spell to insta-kill a dragon.
* GENESIS?!?! +5 - wasn't he recuritble in SOA, and yet he has both a +5 and +6 item? Longsword, only usable by mage.
* Blur, Mirror Image, Stoneskin, Fire Shield (Blue) together three times a day (this is even more overpowered)
* Immunity from Magic once per day (overpowered)
* Con increases +2
* Dex decereases -2
* Con increases +2 again (typo?)
* Holy Scriptures of Weimar (it's supposed to be Weimer based on the lore) - Book of Infinite Spells, only more powerful. Has a rather ridicolous lore (spoilered due to length)

Spoiler

I need a freaking drink...

Edited by William Imm, 03 April 2012 - 06:30 AM.

At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.