IWD Issues/Fixes

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#41 hook71

hook71
  • 280 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:12 AM

Ah, OK. Seems like a common problem in Firefox when I Google about it. Guess you have tried the most common advice of clearing the cache and cookies for the site (gibberlings3.net in this case)? I'll let CamDawg know about your post.

#42 -Mike-

-Mike-

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:36 AM

IWD Fixpack v3.0:

A typo in tp2, v3.0 messes up offsets in ar6001.are.

Line 820:

PATCH_IF (val_off > cre_off) BEGIN

needs to be changed to:

PATCH_IF (val_off > vert_off) BEGIN

Also, it seems that the GOG-Version introduces new bugs in dkayless.dlg and dfengla.dlg, typos in state triggers, reported by NI.

#43 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:27 AM

Mike, anything else? I've gotten my Russian translations from prowler and I'd like to post new versions.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#44 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:10 AM

IWD_fixpack
GTU.TPA
STRING_SET 14317 @1014317 // adds fire resist to descript of Incinerator
STRING_SET 25876 @1025876 // stoneskin descript should say alteration not evocation

ACTION_IF(GAME_IS ~iwd~ THEN BEGIN

STRING_SET 7779 @2207779 // PW Silence descript should say conj/summ
STRING_SET 8065 @2208065 // flesh to stone descript should say alteration not evocation
STRING_SET 32394 @2232394 // stone to flesh descript should say alteration not evocation

END

ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~how totlm~ THEN BEGIN

STRING_SET 11213 @4411213 // Nym's timer reduced to three days, but still says 10

END

All langiages except English and Russian

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon

#45 -Mike-

-Mike-

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:45 AM

Mike, anything else? I've gotten my Russian translations from prowler and I'd like to post new versions.

Minor, cosmetic:

action.ids
APPEND ~action.ids~ ~278 DropInventoryEXExclude(S:ResRef*,O:Object*)~ UNLESS ~^278~

trigger.ids
http://forums.gibber...=0
Fix:
// Fix the Alignment() entry in TRIGGER.IDS

ACTION_IF GAME_IS totlm BEGIN
COPY_EXISTING ~trigger.ids~ ~override~
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY EXACT_MATCH ~Alignment(O:Object*,I:Alignment*Alignment)~ ~Alignment(O:Object*,I:Alignment*Align)~
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES
END

sceptre.itm
Has doubled effect 'Immunity to effect and string (261)' applied.

I did not much testing, just installed my new bought GOG version, all recent mods and checked what NI reported.

dkayless.dlg
NumTimesTalkedGT -> NumTimesTalkedToGT

dfengla.dlg
GlobaGT -> GlobalGT

#46 -icd_maniac-

-icd_maniac-

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:53 PM

in totl when fighting the harpies in their tower (harpy queen battle) there is one harpy that after the dialogue ends leaves the room/battle instead of fighting possible script mix up ala orc shamans healing you kind?
i am too having troubles posting in g3 forums

#47 CamDawg

CamDawg

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:09 PM

Thanks Mike, another set of eyes really helps. prowler & icd_maniac, I'll get those sorted as well.

Mike and icd_maniac, can you try the G3 forums again? I think I may have the "content encoding" error sorted.

____

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#48 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:51 PM

Can someone check Lucky Scimitar? After HOW patch readme informs that Lucky Scimitar grants now its luck bonus correctly. But when I equip it my stats (saving throws I mean) does not change. When I cast spell Luck - my stats (saving throws I mean) - change correctly.

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon

#49 -Mike-

-Mike-

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:32 PM

Mike and icd_maniac, can you try the G3 forums again? I think I may have the "content encoding" error sorted.

I've tried today and it still did not work. When I hit the post button this poped up:

Spoiler

Fixpack applied to Mystery of the Dead (mystery.itm) an additional effect "protection from spell" against resource "sppr708" , which is not available.

Item Upgrade does the same, but only for "IWD in BG2", which is ok, I guess...

#50 CamDawg

CamDawg

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:06 PM

I've tried today and it still did not work. When I hit the post button this poped up:

Spoiler

Well, it's progress--that's a (broken) 403 error. However, it turns out G3 policy has changed in my absence and guest posting is no longer allowed, so this is now officially moot.

Fixpack applied to Mystery of the Dead (mystery.itm) an additional effect "protection from spell" against resource "sppr708" , which is not available.

Whoops, thought I had purged that.

____

#51 --icd_maniac--

--icd_maniac--

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:43 PM

not a bug but more than some possible cut content
back in gnome village where nym is if you talk to the random gnomes several times you get different replies
one states that nym has some kind of hidden stash which he accesses with his magic boots/potion of levitation or something any ideas?

also if you kill nym after he enchants the rhino shield you can get from his corpse a second rhino shield (not enchanted) and have orrick enchant it that way you can get both . is these supposed to happen like this? (always happened, was not introduced with unfinished business)

killing the duergar also gets you your beetle shell back after he makes you the shield
furthermore if you talk to him and access his store inventory with a male charachter first buy everything or whatever and then talk with a female his store inventory reboots allowing you to buy everything again again are these bugs?

finally if i remember correctly last year you said something about possible cut content regarding the torturer or baptist in the dragons eye any news?

oh one last thing in the original icewind dale there where some random items that got removed in how probable for balancing purposes any chance of restoring them either as random loot in appropriate places (totl maybe) or as very expensive store items (again maybe random)

thats all for now

#52 CamDawg

CamDawg

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:41 AM

Can someone check Lucky Scimitar? After HOW patch readme informs that Lucky Scimitar grants now its luck bonus correctly. But when I equip it my stats (saving throws I mean) does not change. When I cast spell Luck - my stats (saving throws I mean) - change correctly.

This one is odd. There's an actual luck opcode, which the scimitar uses (as does the oil of second chances), but the spell doesn't use it and instead explicitly adds bonuses to thac0, damage, AC, thieving skills, and saves. If the luck opcode behaves like the BG2 one (and from the IESDP, I think it does) then it just affects the user's attack rolls and attack rolls of opponents--meaning the thieving and save bonuses need to be applied with it.

not a bug but more than some possible cut content
back in gnome village where nym is if you talk to the random gnomes several times you get different replies
one states that nym has some kind of hidden stash which he accesses with his magic boots/potion of levitation or something any ideas?

It's clear they're referring to the pit next to Nym that has the info point. However, it's also described as how Nym comes and goes from the village, which implies it would eventually lead back to the Underdark. That would be a little more than unfinished business.

also if you kill nym after he enchants the rhino shield you can get from his corpse a second rhino shield (not enchanted) and have orrick enchant it that way you can get both . is these supposed to happen like this? (always happened, was not introduced with unfinished business)

killing the duergar also gets you your beetle shell back after he makes you the shield

Thanks, I'll take care of these in the next updates.

furthermore if you talk to him and access his store inventory with a male charachter first buy everything or whatever and then talk with a female his store inventory reboots allowing you to buy everything again again are these bugs?

Because of how the engine handles stores, there's really not a good solution here. You can't make one store reflect the inventory changes of another; the only good news here is that Llew's inventory isn't terribly unique.

finally if i remember correctly last year you said something about possible cut content regarding the torturer or baptist in the dragons eye any news?

Looking through my notes, I'm not sure why I thought there was something here. The Baptist is turning tortured villagers into hiistachi breeders, which seems pretty consistent with what's going on.

oh one last thing in the original icewind dale there where some random items that got removed in how probable for balancing purposes any chance of restoring them either as random loot in appropriate places (totl maybe) or as very expensive store items (again maybe random)

Yeah, I'm just starting to scratch the surface with the Minor Item Restorations; a lot of the uxxx items are unused in various versions of the game.

____

#53 -Mike-

-Mike-

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:40 AM

Sorry for being late and picky...

IWD fixpack v4.0

potn34.itm
Mismatch between description and applied effects about duration: 10 turns vs. 10 rounds. If it should be 10 turns, the hint about proper timing could be removed from description, imho.

Further possible tweaks: If consumed or effects expire, this potion does not play any sound, as do most of the other potions. Portait icon 'Protection from Magic (28)' might be more appropriate.

I've got an updated German setup.tra, but I don't know how to attach it to this reply. Might be, that guests are restricted from doing this.

@CamDawg: Thanks for the new version! Is it ok, if I use this for further findings?

#54 -Mike-

-Mike-

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:28 AM

IWD Tweaks v13.0

setup-g3daletweaks.tp2:
line 389 0x30 -> 0x38
line 1171 0x38 -> 0x30

If I'm not wrong...

#55 CamDawg

CamDawg

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:06 AM

Sorry for being late and picky...

IWD fixpack v4.0

potn34.itm
Mismatch between description and applied effects about duration: 10 turns vs. 10 rounds. If it should be 10 turns, the hint about proper timing could be removed from description, imho.

Further possible tweaks: If consumed or effects expire, this potion does not play any sound, as do most of the other potions. Portait icon 'Protection from Magic (28)' might be more appropriate.

Ah, good catch, those should be rounds. I'll implement the other changes in the next round.

I've got an updated German setup.tra, but I don't know how to attach it to this reply. Might be, that guests are restricted from doing this.

You can email it to me directly (it's in the second line of the tp2). Mikaal had appeared on the forum a few months ago, saying he had German translations for all four, but I never got a response when I tried to contact him.

@CamDawg: Thanks for the new version! Is it ok, if I use this for further findings?

Yes please, more eyes makes for better mods--and be as picky as you want. Feel free to put all of them under the microscope.

IWD Tweaks v13.0

setup-g3daletweaks.tp2:
line 389 0x30 -> 0x38
line 1171 0x38 -> 0x30

If I'm not wrong...

I'm glad I checked this thread this morning. The bug with the portrait icons is fixed (though it didn't make it into the readme); the other (in the P&P protection stuff) was wiped when I recoded that whole component. While, in general, I prefer the approach you took further upthread--trying to detect and patch mod items rather than using a fixed list--in this case I stuck with the fixed list approach. Since there are so few mods for IWD (and since I've authored most of them :)), I felt the odds of detecting or patching an item incorrectly were slightly less than simply missing an item with a fixed list. If there's a sudden explosion of IWD mods (say, if IWDEE happens) then we can revisit it.

____

#56 Ayrus

Ayrus
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:04 PM

*sigh*

I can't believe it. Again, just as I installed everything, read a lot of "are these mods compatible", and figured out what is the best order to install all these mods, and made some changes with Nearinfinity, and just when I am ready to play, again a major update happens to one of these mods, and I have to reinstall everything again.

In fact, last night, I stayed up late, installed mods, and figured, that I can start playing the next day, after I wake up. But now I notice a new version is up. Same thing happened with fixpack v4 :). This is not the only game in which this has happened.

Aaargh :). Don't get me wrong, it is great that you update your mods. I am simply very unlucky with timing. However, I wonder if I have to reinstall the game, or mods again? Since you updated the tweaks mod, and I install that late in the mod order, perhaps I only need to update Tweaks mod? Should I just uninstall Tweaks v13, and then install Tweaks v14, and then play the game? Or does the game break somehow with such unistalling/installing?

Psst. If you are going to make a big chance to one of these mods in the near future, please tell me, so I can wait until you release those mods before I start playing :).

#57 CamDawg

CamDawg

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:37 PM

Well, part of the rapid release schedule was the surprise nature of the first batch. I wanted to keep them under wraps for the anniversary release, and the updates since then have been the stuff that I missed since I never asked. grogerson had some bugfixes from BG1 Tweaks that I needed to roll into IWD Tweaks, and I didn't know about this thread when putting together v13 for Mike's fixes.

I am working on new UB and IU, but it's mainly so I can get in prowler's new Russian translations. I may expand UB's minor item restorations--a couple of folks have asked to have HoW's random drops adjusted to get some of the IWD items back--but that's going to depend on how much time I have. The outstanding issues for both mods have been addressed so it should be (knock on wood) maintenance releases from here.

For the new Tweaks, just install the newest version and you'll be fine. You shouldn't have to reinstall the game itself.

____

#58 -Mike-

-Mike-

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:18 AM

I've got an updated German setup.tra, ...

You can email it to me directly...

@CamDawg: You've got mail...

#59 -Mike-

-Mike-

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:35 AM

IWD Tweaks v14.0

Component 'Two-Handed Bastard Swords'

Variants of amaunat.itm need to have 'Resource' in effect 'Protection from spell (206)' adjusted.

#60 -Mike-

-Mike-

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:19 AM

IWD Tweaks v14.0

Component 'Two-Handed Bastard Swords'

Variants of amaunat.itm need to have 'Resource' in effect 'Protection from spell (206)' adjusted.

Need to be tested in game, might be ok, as it is. Sorry, should have thought about it for a bit longer...

v14 changelog
... Unfortunately, Mantle of the Coming Storm and Mirror of Black Ice Amulet are no longer covered due to some unresolvable bugs with charges

Is it, because those items are brought into the game via 'GiveCreateItem(...)?