• Please log in to reply
207 replies to this topic

#41 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:45 PM

*yawn* Dragon What? Let me know when it comes down to the bargain bins, yeah? Which probably won't be long (and I'm not saying means it's bad either - I snagged PS:T in a junk bin for only a coupla quid a few years back, but still).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#42 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 08:09 PM

*yawn* Dragon What? Let me know when it comes down to the bargain bins, yeah? Which probably won't be long (and I'm not saying means it's bad either - I snagged PS:T in a junk bin for only a coupla quid a few years back, but still).

I similarly waited a while on DA:O, and finally decided to give it a try based on a friend's recommendation (the marketing/hype for it had me on the negative side when release came). I liked it and thought it was very good (not close to BG2, though).

Reading about DA2 issues, I decided I wouldn't even bother with it. Depending on how DA3 unfolds, I might try it out. The same thing more or less applies for me for ME3 (I played the first and skipped the second one, willing to try the third to see how the story ends).

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#43 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:06 PM

I agree with Cal on this one. As long as they do not have the insane enemies jumping from 100 ft+ from the air down all the time.

On this one, I don't know if you've played the Ninja Gaiden games, but I think that someone at BioWare likes them... and other Japanese games, considering the oversized weapons and ridiculous hairstyles in DA II.

#44 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:23 PM

I agree with Cal on this one. As long as they do not have the insane enemies jumping from 100 ft+ from the air down all the time.

On this one, I don't know if you've played the Ninja Gaiden games, but I think that someone at BioWare likes them... and other Japanese games, considering the oversized weapons and ridiculous hairstyles in DA II.

Haha...no I have not played those games ever but certainly have of heard of them. I am quite tempted to agree with you on that...Some of the hairstyles and what not were quite exaggerated to say the least...

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#45 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:00 AM

1. Area Re-use.
An obvious problem, and one we are keenly aware of. Not an intentional issue, and certainly not "by design" but something that happened and needs to be addressed.

Not by design? :WTF:

I guess it was leprechauns that decided to have a short development cycle and piss on the graphic department...

#46 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:19 AM

1. Area Re-use.
An obvious problem, and one we are keenly aware of. Not an intentional issue, and certainly not "by design" but something that happened and needs to be addressed.

I guess it was leprechauns that decided to have a short development cycle and piss on the graphic department...

Of course... :P

Play the fiddle, dance to the music, and fill that ol' pot o' gold...
EA-leprechaun.png

#47 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:47 PM

1. Area Re-use.

It must be really bad in DA if it's worse than BG1, BG2 or PS:T. Most of the inns in the IE games use the same templates with very little variation, as do a number of caves and other minor areas.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#48 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:32 PM

I really don't understand why they're saying that they need to step back from classic RPG development cycles. After all, DA:O sold much, much better than DA2, right? Even wikipedia says so. And money is always right. (Well, except for PS:T and Blade Runner, but both need a very, very specific frame of mind, so).

#49 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:08 PM

Protagonists: Hawke’s story is not quite done, whereas the story of the Hero of Ferelden.. is over.

Yes because who would want to see what happens to Morrigan's love child from the hero of Ferelden...provided that's the canon route they went on the HOF... <_<

Witch Hunt was a joke! I demand more closure! :devil:

Edited by Vicen, 30 August 2011 - 04:09 PM.

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#50 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:43 PM

I always pretend that the Hero died protecting Morrigan in that strange dimension beyond the Fade; in other words, he died saving her life(but they had no demon baby). And if my Hero was female, she's out there on dangerous missions, just like Nathaniel in Act 3 of Dragon Age 2(maybe even doing some surface adventures with Zevran sometimes).

But I have a nasty feeling that they're going to have that Ancient Magister to take over the Hero of Ferelden's body in the next game/expansion. :(

#51 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 02:14 AM

Protagonists: Hawke's story is not quite done, whereas the story of the Hero of Ferelden.. is over.

<_<

* Daulmakan casts Lower Expectations*

#52 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:06 AM

Aw c'mon - give the Leprechauns a chance. They got blown out of here in the Great Storm Of 1887 and they had to find some form of employment when the wind finally dropped them.

As for Legacy - I was disappointed but at least I can pinpoint that disappointment. It wasn't so much the storyline as the area art; I've been playing Witcher 2 and you really have to see that in DirectX 11. It pisses on DA:2 textures - even the 'hi-res' textures - from an immense height.

-Y-

Edited by Yovaneth, 31 August 2011 - 04:09 AM.

#53 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 01:11 PM

Protagonists: Hawke's story is not quite done, whereas the story of the Hero of Ferelden.. is over.

<_<

*BioWare casts AWESOME BUTTON*

*EA casts Gate*

*Archmage Silver casts Protection from Evil*

*BioWare casts Teleport (Wild Magic)*

Pitfiend - Attacks EA
Pitfiend - Critical hit!
EA - Takes 99999 damage
EA - Death

*Archmage Silver casts Finger of Death*

Pitfiend - Fails Save vs. Fortitude
Pitfiend - Death

*Archmage Silver casts Dimension Door*

#54 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:47 AM

<_<

*BioWare casts AWESOME BUTTON*

*EA casts Gate*

*Archmage Silver casts Protection from Evil*

*BioWare casts Teleport (Wild Magic)*

Pitfiend - Attacks EA
Pitfiend - Critical hit!
EA - Takes 99999 damage
EA - Death

*Archmage Silver casts Finger of Death*

Pitfiend - Fails Save vs. Fortitude
Pitfiend - Death

*Archmage Silver casts Dimension Door*

Pffft don't use DnD stuff in a Dragon Age setting. :P

#55 Kwiat_W

Kwiat_W
  • Modder
  • 290 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 02:44 AM

Aw c'mon - give the Leprechauns a chance. They got blown out of here in the Great Storm Of 1887 and they had to find some form of employment when the wind finally dropped them.

As for Legacy - I was disappointed but at least I can pinpoint that disappointment. It wasn't so much the storyline as the area art; I've been playing Witcher 2 and you really have to see that in DirectX 11. It pisses on DA:2 textures - even the 'hi-res' textures - from an immense height.

-Y-

No, you don't have to run The Witcher 2 in directx 11, cause it's a directx 9 game. It doesn't make use of any dx11 or even 10 features. Your confusion just proves that art direction is more important than number next to the directx version. ^_^

Edited by Kwiat_W, 02 September 2011 - 04:53 AM.

icon11.gif W_GUI - a GUI replacement for Baldur's Gate 2/TUTU/BGT/CA
icon11.gif W_PackMule - Your own pack mule for Baldur's Gate 2/Tutu/BGT/CA, BGEE and BG2:EE

icon11.gif Psionics Unleashed - play as a Psion, mod for Baldur's Gate 2/Tutu/BGT/CA

#56 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:52 PM

You're right. It's DA2 that's supposed to have DirectX11 but doesn't seem to make much (if any) use of it. I can't see any difference between running it as DirectX9 or DirectX11 with the hi-res texture pack.

-Y-

#57 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:32 AM

This is the only comparison thatI could find, and you can see it barely makes a difference.

#58 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:35 AM

http://kotaku.com/58...ing-multiplayer

Aww yes, multiplayer in DA! ^^ And it'll be looking good!

#59 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:29 AM

It's just a rumor at this point, but I suppose it could be true because of the way in which they're developing ME3. I don't like how it sounds though.

#60 princesspurpleblob

princesspurpleblob

Princess

• 329 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:11 AM

I don't know... Bioware didn't really react well either. I think Helpler is a moron for staying in gaming industry. If she doesn't like it, why is she working there? If she simply enjoys writing story, a book will be a much better alternative. Why stay in gaming industry and b*tch? And her response was marvellous - "I just figure they're jealous that I get to have both a vagina AND a games industry job, and they can't get either." Her response on twitter was also hilarious, as well as Flynn's response - "Go f*ck yourself". Very mature and well-handled Bioware!

This is it. I'm not buying ME3 or any other games. I lost faith in Bioware. Completely.

Edited by princesspurpleblob, 24 February 2012 - 07:12 AM.